[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>told myself I would start working out again when summer hit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Motivation.jpg (93KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Motivation.jpg
93KB, 500x374px
>told myself I would start working out again when summer hit
>10 weeks later I've done maybe 2 half assed workouts
It's more of a life problem that I just don't give a shit about anything, but
What do you guys do to motivate you to go work out? What kind of things keep you going?
>>
>>38030496

I am a fucking basket case who believes I need to train for sword combat and castle sieges.

No idea how any one else does it.
>>
>>38030496
I like to work out. Everything else is a bother.
>>
>>38030496

Probably a foreign concept to somebody who has never committed to something, but if you commit for fucking real it becomes it's own motivation.

I want you to imagine something for me. Imagine that you have been working out for an hour and a half every monday, wednesday, and friday for three months. There were times when you really didn't want to do it, but you did it anyway. And now you're used to the feeling, and you know it's not so bad to do it when you don't feel like it. Also, you are able to see some signs of progress from 3 months of working out.

So it's a monday, and you don't feel like working out. Do you have any idea how much harder it is to skip a workout at that point? I was forced to the other week, and it made me furious. It was a betrayal of myself, and it was an impediment to three consecutive months of effort. If I don't want to work out, I do it anyway and nothing bad has ever come of it. Even if I don't finish my reps that day.

Basically, you have to stop thinking in terms of right now to be motivated toward anything. Extend your goals and think back on them as accumulated effort. It will become harder to abandon them that way, because it's not just about taking it easy today, but rather derailing a train of compounded planning and effort, and frankly it's not even tempting at that point.
>>
>>38030581
too long didnt read

nigger
>>
>>38030630
stfu
>>38030581
preach
>>
>>38030496

Exercise is the most effective cure for depression, so when I feel like shit I for myself to go because it makes me feel better
>>
Pussy keeps me going. I think about the bitches and what they like....and they like natty mofos
>>
i just like it desu
>>
>>38030581
Been there. Used to exercise every weekday morning. When I wasn't forced to anymore I stopped. Nothing else motivated me to do it.
>>
>>38030496
It's meditation, I am literally addicted to the post workout buzz too. Also, I feel like a lazy piece of shit if I don't go.
>>
File: 1469237511209.jpg (105KB, 1745x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469237511209.jpg
105KB, 1745x1080px
Autistic obsession with having a nicer body than normies

Used to lift in hopes of attracting a qt3.14 gf but after 7 years of desolance in my sex life, I've given up. (I've been lifting for roughly 9 years now)

Definitely have girls remind me I'm good looking, parents suspect I'm gay because never have a gf, sister's friends ask "why no gf tee-hee," get oneitus still, tfw no confidence to get gf :(

Oh, and all girls have bfs already.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.