[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rugbymen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

Is it true they got mad legs and squat in the 200 kilograms?

How do they do it?
>>
>>38026621
idk ask your mum
>>
>>38026621
Roids
>>
Written about American football, but the same principle applies:

>T Nation: Whenever I try to improve my conditioning I lose strength in my upper body. I know, that's why many powerlifters aren't lean, but there must be something I can do to prevent this. Any ideas?

>And please, don't give me that bullshit answer, "You gotta pick a goal, either improve your strength or your conditioning." That's a cop-out. Lots of NFL players are ridiculously strong and fast and lean.

>Well, I have to say that I admire your drive and your goals, but let's look at this another way:

>You're trying to compare yourself and your training to that of a professional football player. That, kind sir, is absolutely retarded. But I'll give you a free pass, just because I feel a little sorry for someone as hopelessly delusional as you appear to be. Just don't send me any of your "Elvis helped pull off 9/11" conspiracy theories, okay?

>Anyway, I'm going to take a wild guess that you're probably frustrated by your declining strength over your current training cycle (which, for most people, is about two weeks before you get frustrated and move on to the next big program you read about online) and don't realize that it's going to take some time for your body to adapt to the increased work load you're imposing on it.

>Listen Corky, NFL players (or any professional athletes for that matter) don't just decide to try out for the big leagues the day they graduate from high school or college. There's an extremely lengthy, almost life-long building-up process that allows them to knock heads with the biggest and the best.
>>
>Allow me to use myself as an example, so you can get an idea of what more than five years of college football is like, in terms of training load.

>January — March: Morning conditioning, usually a series of grueling circuits done over the course of an hour. Most people puked and got run into the ground. This goes on three days/week. You also lift four days a week.

>Spring Ball season: Practice begins at 6 AM and lasts for about two hours. Conditioning performed after each practice. Lifting three to four days/week.

>Spring Ball to end of School: Lift four days/week, running three to four days/week.

>Summer Sessions: Lift four days/week, run four days/week, 7 on 7 drills every day.

>Pre-Season: Two to three practices/day. Lifting is minimal due to heavy practice schedule.

>In Season: This depends on the coaches and the school. We lifted three days/week. Hard practices (hitting) on Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday was half-pads but you still ran a lot. Conditioning was hard on Tuesday and Wednesday. Sunday was usually a one-mile run and some pool work. Every practice started with a 10-15 minute dynamic warm-up.

>Now, most people that played college ball obviously played in high school first. Many times, the running was more intense and crazy in high school. Most football players also played another sport. So for about 10 years they have built up this incredible base of conditioning and work capacity. In other words, their bodies have adapted to it.
>>
>So my frustrated friend, my advice to you is to give yourself 10 fucking years of the above if you want your body to react like a pro athlete's. Until then, choose ONE goal and go for it. Serving two masters isn't going to get you where you need to be.

>Now this doesn't mean you can't be in shape and be strong. But the trouble with wanting both is this:

>What is strong? What is "in shape"?

>I have very clear notions of what both of these mean to me. I know exactly what I think it means to be strong. I know exactly what it means to me to be in shape. But that's just me. What is strong to you? What is in shape to you? And more important, what does being "strong AND in shape" mean to you?

>Define each of these with CLEAR numbers and performances. The more specific, the better, none of this "I wanna be strong and look jacked" crap. I know I've started to go off on a bit of a tangent here, but you always have to know what you want before you dedicate yourself to the task. Otherwise, you're just wasting your most valuable commodity: your time.

>And last but not least, you better be willing to give blood to get what you want.
>>
File: oh yeah.gif (562KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
oh yeah.gif
562KB, 240x200px
Rugby and similar sports pretty much self select people with optimal genetics for being beasts.

So take that factor + hard training and in a lot of cases roids, and you get big strong motherfuckers.
>>
File: howtodeadlift.gif (2MB, 350x194px) Image search: [Google]
howtodeadlift.gif
2MB, 350x194px
>>38026968

Woops, wrong gif.
>>
>>38026968
>>38026976
how do you even get these 2 mixed up
>>
File: qFbGG.gif (478KB, 450x256px) Image search: [Google]
qFbGG.gif
478KB, 450x256px
>>38027028

Both involve sweaty man on man action at some point.
>>
>>38027041
i have no comeback to that, well done anon you win this round
>>
>>38027083
fuck off back to you know where, byee
>>
>>38026976
Not as impressive as you think it is.
>>
>>38027041
which only bothers the homophobic

youre the kid who cant fight because he claims fighting is gay, while I slap your gf's ass and she buys me a drink
>>
File: grid-cell-15006-1418587376-12.jpg (77KB, 490x735px) Image search: [Google]
grid-cell-15006-1418587376-12.jpg
77KB, 490x735px
rugbly players have the juciest bodies
>>
>>38026976
Also you know. Being seriously into sports since childhood. It's also heavily about developing strength and physique and giving it time. You won't become a god of fitness merely by having the right genes, while having sat on your ass your whole life. It will take time, blood, sweat, for anyone who truly wants to become strong.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.