[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spinal Fusion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: gr3.jpg (150KB, 1587x988px) Image search: [Google]
gr3.jpg
150KB, 1587x988px
Hey guys, wrong place to ask this, but how fucked will I be after my surgery?
Specifically, my flexibility.
Spinal fusion T3 to L3
Reason: Scoliosis and Kyphosis
>>
>>38023358
Really, really fucked.
>>
>>38023358
Healing can be over a year, you may need to take up to 2 months off from work depending how labor intensive your job is. Seriously bro, don't do having lifting. (Physical Therapy Assistant/LMT here)
>>
>>38023366
Thanks Anon
>>
>>38023358
You'll definitely have reduced flexibility but it shouldn't ruin your life. Expect a long recovery. Takes 3 months to just not feel like a robot.

Your hips and neck will do most of your twisting/bending so you need to take good care of them. You'll be forced to lift with the most proper form possible. Avoid deadlifts at all costs and only squat low weight. Just switch to a high-rep routine.

Flexibility depends from person to person though. I've seen gymnasts with fusion that still have tons of flexibility.

How old are you OP. If you're underage, I'd recommend VBT. (Vertebral Body Tethering)
>>
>>38023389
Just about 20
>>
>>38023358
Oh btw, look into taking some massage therapy or yoga. It COULD help with the recovery, from my experience when i have received injuries (nothing as serious as this tho), yoga and massages have really helped my recovery. Check with your Doc or Primary Care physician on if this would be okay.
>>
>>38023358
@colin_swt and aesthetic_alchemist on Instagram. Two people that lift and have had fusions. Check them out.
>>
>>38023402
I'll be sure to ask my surgan and doctor. I think there will be stretches that will be recommended.
>>38023403
Thanks man, inspiration is always appreciated.
>>
>>38023418
Just do your best to take it easy. Listen to your surgery 110%. This isn't something you want to take lightly.

Although all you have mentioned is the recovery, I know your nerves about the surgery must be getting to you. Just know that you will be in pain, and lot's of it. However, you'll be on enough pain meds that you won't feel the pain. This isn't a beautiful process and it's okay to be a little scared. Surgery itself will only take 1 second from your perspective. Chances are you won't even remember when you wake up. The first few days in the hospital will be a blur and you won't retain much memory from it at all. Within a day or 2, you'll be walking. Within a couple months, you'll be back to basic activities. Within 6 months, you should be cleared for some exercise. (Think bodyweight squats, pullups, pushups). So within a year, you'll be ready to hit the gym hard.

The best part is... you'll be symmetrical and be breathing more efficiently. Best of luck my scoli-bro!
>>
>>38023466
Idk who you are, but you read my mind.
I have not long until this surgery. The closer I get the more fear I feel. I just keep thinking to myself that the cure is always better than the disease. Truth is this is one of the scariest things I've done in my life.
>>
>>38023495
I've been there. It's not easy! It's just one of those things you have to go into with your head held high. Preparation is key! Make sure you have a solid group around you to assist you when you need it.

Its okay to be a little scared though man. Surgery is not casual for something like this. Personally, I watched youtube videos of the surgery countless times prior and it helped me out. I found comfort in knowing what they were going to do exactly.

If it makes you feel better, one of my buddies stopped taking his pain meds in the same week he got surgery. He said he could handle the pain but was annoyed by yhe "fogginess" the pills gave him. Although it's a big deal, it won't be the end of the world.

I wish you luck dude. I hope you find your way to deal with your nerves and I hope your surgery goes smoothly!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.