[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drinking and /fitness/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Slow-Low-Bottle-Shot.png (655KB, 607x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Slow-Low-Bottle-Shot.png
655KB, 607x1200px
How do /fit/izens cut out/cut out drinking? I enjoy working out but damn do I love a good glass of whiskey.
>>
I don't think they're mutually exclusive. Just don't overdo it.
>>
Fuck, meant cut down. srry, am drunk.
>>
>>38021816
>this thread topic
>OP is drunk
>>
doesn't drinking kill gains?
>>
drinking hinders muscle synthesis

there was one study in which athletes drank some vodka (six shorts iirc) after a workout and they found gains to have been a third of what they could have been if they hadn't drank.

also reduces testosterone, performance the next day, plus it's empty calories...

coming from someone who drinks all the time it's really fucking hard to stay fit. stay away at all costs.
>>
>>38022001
What about smoking weed? Is it any different? I've been partying a lot of this summer and I don't want to quit drinking or smoking, but I will if absolutely necessary. Is the impact really that big?
>>
>>38021804

The only way to do it is to not drink on certain days and stick to that rule.

For example, for the past 6 months I try to not drink on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays.

It doesn't sound like a lot, but if you limit your drinking to the weekends (and Thursdays because why not) you will find yourself drinking less empty calories.
>>
>>38022093

none on muscle synthesis. if you're smoking (as opposed to edibles) it obviously affects the lungs. never smoke before or after a workout.
>>
>>38021804
Find someone whose life has become trash due to alcohol and It'll make you want to quit booze, that's what happened to me. I'll still drink in social situations if I don't need to drive, but I don't drink half a bottle of Jameson's and a six pack a night anymore. I went cold turkey a week ago. I have a lot more energy, but I'm starting to feel agitated.
>>
>>38021804
I just switched from coke mixers to diet coke mixers
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 600x544px
>>38022123
So during?
>>
>>38022098
My hard and fast rules are:
1) Don't drink the night before work
2) Don't drink alone
3) Don't drink if you intend to drive that night, not even a cheeky half pint

This is the best way to moderate drinking without cutting it out. Rule one stops work life being affected. Rule two stops alcoholism (if you only drink around friends they'll cotton on if you have a problem). Rule three means you only drink when you should drink. I drink an average of one night every 2 weeks following these rules as that's about how often my friends go "out out", ymmv.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.