[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knees hurt from running, should I get new shoes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: can-stock-photo_csp3784550.jpg (35KB, 450x402px) Image search: [Google]
can-stock-photo_csp3784550.jpg
35KB, 450x402px
I would run on asphalt a few time times a week, but lately when I try my knee joints feel week. I'm 6'3 160 so I don't think weight is a concern, I'm 21, and wear basic Nike running shoes. Should I get better shoes?
>>
Stop running with bad form.

Run barefoot or with minimal shoes so you're forced to run with a midfoot strike. Landing on your heels is a meme that the shoe companies came up with.
>>
>>38017345
You are going to fast and not resting enough. Also try doing squats (no weights) on rest days.
>>
>>38017345
Look into squats and glute bridges. Also brooks for shoes. If possible go to running shoe store?and have them check you forum for proper shoe.
>>
File: 1468798023609.jpg (85KB, 580x795px) Image search: [Google]
1468798023609.jpg
85KB, 580x795px
>>38017345
As my Drill Sgt told me when I mentioned my knees hurting from all the running "Quit being a bitch and run faster", and you know what? His advice worked.
>>
>>38018587
Going to fast maybe, i run only a mile straight I don't think not resting enough is the issue.
>>
>>38018840
I'm glad that the screaming guy with the GED gave you such sound advice about exercise pains.
>>
>>38020710
God damn civilians.
>>
>>38018774
But it's embarrassing to have people watch my run because I get out of breath easily
>>
>>38018840
>run faster
>left with grandpa knees for the rest of your life

Drill Sergeants were not placed into their position because of their intellect.
>>
>>38017345 (OP)
run on grass or the beach when you can. also consider getting custom insoles
>>
>>38021574
they just have you stand on a foot pressure pad, then like 10 seconds of light jogging on a treadmill.
>>
Somewhat related

I haven been to the gym for about three weeks because of a non gym related injury, and I just restarted this week

I worked biceps so hard I can barely extend my arms holy shit.
>>
>>38021867
During resting, do the same movement without weights. Don't push your luck. You tore a muscle and you'll be out for at least a month.
>>
>>38020727
In the Navy as enlisted unfortunately. Wish I would have had the sense to put in 4 years at school to double my earnings.
>>
>>38017345
Aight look nigga

post one is right - heelstriking is a meme.
If you're just running for cardio and not to be sanic, midfoot striking is a meme too.

Forefoot striking will absorb as much shock as possible and negate it before it fucks your knees up. Do it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.