[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So let's get this straight, Is butter bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 5738562396_8c2deda1c1.jpg (106KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
5738562396_8c2deda1c1.jpg
106KB, 500x316px
So let's get this straight,
Is butter bad?
>>
>>38012612
Depends on the type of butter
>>
>>38012612
Yes. The only people that say otherwise are fucking memestars who believe that saturated fat and cholesterol are good for you.
>>
>>38012612
Literally just cook with oils my nigga.
>>
In moderation, sure.
>>
>>38012653
>thinking cholesterol is bad for you
Holy shit mom what did I tell you about posting on my Nicaraguan Tendies review board?
>>
>>38012727
So if you don't eat it in moderation and eat it with a spoon out of the container, it's good?
>>
>>38012653
Stop being retarded, please, thanks.
>>
>>38012612
That's margarine famalam
>>
>>38012612

its good

count your calories
>>
>>38013235
nah it's a combination of butter and rapeseed oil
>>
>>38012612
Good to some extent. Get some olive oil for unsat fat
>>
>>38013267
mmmmm rapeseed
>>
>>38012612
Its fine. On keto is awesome
>in b4 anti keto brigade
>>
>>38013089
That's hilarious because the notion that saturated fat or cholesterol are not unhealthy is the pinnacle of momscience.
>>
File: sp (2).jpg (50KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
sp (2).jpg
50KB, 418x359px
>>38013089
>>38013111
>>38013465

>Disregarding professionals and taking health advice from blogs.
>>
I knew a guy who ate butter and he eventually died.
>>
>>38013917
omg me too
>>
File: 1456414684120.png (318KB, 1220x1488px) Image search: [Google]
1456414684120.png
318KB, 1220x1488px
>>38013917
I know a guy who ate butter as a separate meal every day for a year and his heart exploded
>>
>>38012612
Is it the same chucklefucking loser that makes all these
>lets get this straight
>lets settle this once and for all
worthless threads? is it a team of trained professionals?
>>
>>38012653
Saturated fat is needed to produce high levels of hormones you low test beta faggot.
>>
>>38012653
lol this nigga again
>>
>>38014034
I hate these fucking stupid "rate my protein powder" kind of threads
>>
>>38012612
That's not butter in your pic, butter does not naturally come neon yellow like that. Real butter is just fine for you. Margarine mixed with yellow dye is not
>>
it's better than other fats, grassfed is overstated it fat ratios are typically not greatly impressive
>>
>>38016212
it does if the cows eat enough carotenoid rich grass and vegetables and shit
>>
>>38016268
This. Cows that can eat plenty of dandelions and such make yellower butter and cheese.

>>38013465
This is the opposite of true.

The idea that fat makes you fat is mom science.

The idea that saturated fat is particularly bad for you or that dietary cholesterol has a noticeable impact on your blood serum cholesterol levels is simply a mistake, a popular meme that was based on weak science to begin with that was quickly counter-indicated in the actual medical community.

The only unhealthy thing about butter is that it's calorie dense, so if you eat too much, you can get fat.
>>
>>38016504
>it's calorie dense, so if you eat too much, you can get fat.

By which I actually meant "it's calorie dense, so it's easier to eat in larger amounts, giving someone too many calories, making them fat."
>>
>>38016504
>The idea that fat makes you fat is mom science.
High-fat low-carb diets are the most popular diets for weight loss in the United States. It's what literal moms do because moms are convinced that carbs make you fat and butter is healthy. It's cute that you like to imagine yourself as Galileo but you're actually just another mom who read some blog post or magazine cover. Butter consumption was unchanged for 30 years and is now actually up in the past 10 years because moms like you read on HuffingtonPost that saturated fat isn't unhealthy.
>>
>>38016504

>The idea that fat makes you fat is mom science.

Nobody said that but fat, like all calorie sources, CAN make you fat.

>The idea that saturated fat is particularly bad for you or that dietary cholesterol has a noticeable impact on your blood serum cholesterol levels is simply a mistake, a popular meme that was based on weak science to begin with that was quickly counter-indicated in the actual medical community.

This is just a fantasy of yours.
>>
>>38016504

>The idea that saturated fat is particularly bad for you or that dietary cholesterol has a noticeable impact on your blood serum cholesterol levels is simply a mistake, a popular meme

It is a meme that it is a meme. Any doctor will tell you the same.
>>
>le you need fat for hormones meme
>implying you produce more than 50mg of testosterone a day
>doesn't matter, let's have 100g of butter a day
>>
>>38012612

I use sunflower or olive butter.
It's much better for you.
>>
>>38012612

Sure, and you can put it on your BREAD too, you fat fuck
>>
>>38016665
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8942407

>Mean plasma concentrations of total and sex-hormone-binding-globulin (SHBG)-bound testosterone were 13% and 15% higher, respectively, on the high-fat, low-fiber diet

Not everything that emotionally disturbs you is a meme.
>>
>>38016968
TRT dose is about 500% of average natty test
basic test cycle is 1000%
but I guess it doesn't matter to you that a 15% difference does nothing, it fully justifies eating butter with every meal am I right?
how the fuck do you even figure out captcha is beyond me
>>
>>38012612
unless you want to get fat and destroy your liver and arteries, eat your butter.
>>
>>38017105
The response to test is log-linear. I am in no way responsible for you failing babby's first math, your hypogonadism is.
>>
>>38016968
They fed borderline overweight-overweight men an unhealthy fatty diet until they developed anabolic resistance and saw their bodies increase androgens in an attempt to maintain homeostasis. By the same dumb logic, we should all try to induce diabetes because the relationship between insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia there is definitely no different from a bodybuilder injecting insulin.
>>
>>38017135
Don't go too low, troll. Autistically rehearsing the exact opposite of what actually occurs in reality is pretty poor.
>>
>>38017391
You mean the response to exogenous, supraphysiological, saturating doses of certain testosterone derivatives held at steady-state blood levels? Not the complex dynamics of endogenous androgen action at more modest concentrations and fluctuations? Every neurologically normal person understands the limits of extrapolation and would apply them here. Have you been diagnosed with any mental disabilities? If not you should probably sue your doctor.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.