[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Injury /general/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: download (11).jpg (6KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
download (11).jpg
6KB, 220x229px
Anybody ever deal with an AC joint injury? I got in bike accident and fucked my shit up and it's been messing with my lifting. Have been doing rehab exercises for healing but was wondering if anyone has dealt with this and can offer any advise.
Also /injury general/
>>
I have a sharp pain below my shoulder blade when is squat.
Anyone know what the problem is?
Bad form?
>>
>>38013275
>deadlifting
>ever

I used to deadlift all the time. Had form checks from fit, trainers at a powerlifting gym and friends. They all said it was good, few pointers here and there but I had the most important points down.

Was deadlifting 405 for triples. Didn't hurt during the exercise at all. After I got home I started getting sciatic pain so bad I couldn't even stand up. I realized deadlifts just aren't worth it. They're awesome to do but the risk of permanently fucking your spine just isn't worth it.
>>
>>38011596
Grade 3 / 4 AC separation, no surgery, got back to my first triathlon 9 months later, do 75lb pull ups 18 months later. Anyway learn how to use your serratus and rhomboid to stabilize your shoulders before any movement. Basically If I'm pulling I activate a crap load of rhomboid to do it, if I'm pushing I activate a crap load of seratus. Dynamic movement where I have to transfer from push to pull is very unstable, I only power clean 205lbs because my separated shoulder cannot transition fast enough.

I recommend swimming, nothing helped as much as that did (my physical therapist told me I would never swim freestyle ever again, at least not to race). Swimming took a bunch of planning before I re-learned my stroke, which I think helped teach me better muscle control.

At the time I had a mountain bike crash... along with the separation I suffered a tbi, frontal temporal defused axonal injury with focal bleed on my right frontal lobe. 2.5 years later abd my girlfriend is a physical therapist I met during my 6 month rehab stint (yes I am braging)
>>
>>38013462

So did it get better? You think you had the same as I did?
>>
>>38013980
Thanks anon. You're doing the Lord's work.
>>
>>38013980
Also, will my bench press ever be the same?
>>
Rolling low for 1 handed ones
>>
That was actually harder than pull ups, you'll pin down your scapula before the movement and just leave them retracted (your natural tendency will be to push out at the top of the movement, this will reposition the scapula, but if you do you, probably won't be able to reset it for the next movement because of all the weight pinning it down), bench still hurts and is much weaker. I can ohp more than before, and still do weighted dips so I usually skip bench. Truth be told I never much liked bench.

Deadlifting is fine too, again once you strengthen the stabilizers it's not too bad, usually grip goes first.
>>
>>38011596
It never fully heals. I had pain on and off for about 5 years, totally fucking up my lifting nd life in general. I had surgery this March, now I'm almost fully healed. If you can, you should consider surgery
>>
>>38011596
stop whatever exercise hurts
>rest for 2 weeks
>high reps low weight like 5 pounds or just body weight fore exercising after resting is over like doing a couple of heil hitlers will work your shoulder out
>shoulder stretches

>>38013275
Stop doing low reps
>let it rest for like 3-5 weeks since u tweaked your back, it's not as bad as you thnk
>drop the weight and do high reps
>sciatica and back stretches

You can get better, just let it fucking heal. Never do maxes, never do low reps.
>>
>tfw have core muscle tear (sports hernia)
>absolutely no lower body or core exercises for time being
>legs are shrinking
>tfw becoming Johnny Bravo
>>
Yeah, about a year ago, took about 8 months for pain to stop. Only problem now is the shoulder has a noticeable slouch to it.
>>
>>38016789
Yeah if you don't hold it up with your rhomboid and a tiny bit of trap, mine is about half an inch lower, but I never walk around with it loose or I could flinch and hurt the joint.
>>
>>38013980
Holy shit, gnarly injuries.

Post your PT's cutie scrubs booty.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.