[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deadlift without my back bending so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 345236.png (373KB, 896x1289px) Image search: [Google]
345236.png
373KB, 896x1289px
I can't seem to keep a straight back and lift it up at the same time
>>
>>37997166
Try lowering the weight.
>>
Lower the weight
Find a point slightly above your eye level and focus there
Breathe in before going up
>>
Keep your hips high, keep your chest up at all times, use low weight to nail the form down

It's easy mam
>>
you got weak ass hamstrings that dont stretch and your hamstrings and glutes dont want to take a load cos they're weak, so your lower back does it all

dont deadlift for a couple weeks. do a ton of (VERY STRICT - MEANING NO BEND IN THE BACK WHATSOEVER) romanian deadlifts.

Strengthen your hamstrings also with leg curls, both seated and lying. And DO BARBELL HIP THRUSTS (bridges are fine too). Get your glutes activated and strengthened.

In your back workout try and really focus the upper back and dont work the lower back too much. if you find your lower back is straining during an exercise, find an alternative.

Do this for like a month and you'll have perfect deadlift form
>>
There is no science behind it and its simple no matter how gay it sounds. Don't bend your knees and stick your ass back as far as possible as if someone was going to doggystyle you
>>
>>37997231
Is it possible to be too tall to deadlift?

6'4 here
>>
>>37997360
192cm and DL is my favourite lift so no.

Valsalva, engage lats and lift with your chest.
>>
>>37997166
activate ya damn abs
>>
File: ed.png (100KB, 643x294px) Image search: [Google]
ed.png
100KB, 643x294px
>>37997360
no
>>
File: 1465956280418.jpg (439KB, 738x572px)
1465956280418.jpg
439KB, 738x572px
>>37997368
>>37997418
Well shit

I wanna do them and I did like 20 of them today but I know my form was all off

I can't seem to figure out how to do it with a straight back, its not even a strength thing its like I don't know how to make the motion

It feels like trying to use chopsticks to eat its just like "what"
>>
>>37997432
when you grab the bar.. sit down mate, then scrape those shins
>>
>>37997166
one hand on low back (pinky and thumb should feel your spine), one hand on abs. practice bending at the hips without bending your low back by sticking your but out. ignore the erectors tightening.

repeat for a half dozen reps every time you squat or deadlift.
>>
>>37997432
Eating with chopsticks is also easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3izzg0RCTg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToXDFLXL1uo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
>>
>>37997360

If you have long arms it can actually be easier because your ROM is less (than say someone with short arms and long legs).
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.