[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Patellar Tendinopathy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: knee-pain1.jpg (42KB, 426x282px) Image search: [Google]
knee-pain1.jpg
42KB, 426x282px
... aka. Jumper's knee.

Any of y'all got any experience with treating it?

I feel like an old fuck waking up with stiff knees every morning and my desk job feels shit as well. Used to be a fat(ter) fuck, but dropped a lot of weight recently by changing my diet. And then the fucking knee problems appeared.

Googling around a fair bit, and seems there are mainly two camps: Eccentric Excercise and Heavy Slow Resistance training.

Seems like EE is the old go-to, while HSR is the new black. My GP suggests forest walks with uneven load on "natural terrain", but while that probably has a lot of merrit, that's his suggestion for any ailment.

Suggestions? Experience?
>>
what is your flexbility
>>
Posted this shit already in another thread but here goes :

Had this in my right leg. My problem was that I had weak quads, putting too much stress on the leg.

I started taking anti-inflammatory medicine and started squatting to build up my legs. What helped me a lot was strapping.

Take a strap, and roll around your patellar tendon 4 times. Afterwards, strap around your calf to give stability to the strap. Finish by strapping against the tendon again and put it in place with a little pin.

Not gonna lie it's gonna take forever to heal. But last year I was in pain basically everyday from tendonitis and was squatting 1pl8 and now I'm totally pain free and squatting 3pl8.

You're gonna make it, bruh
>>
>>37991381
stop running/jumping etc.... while you have any discomfort whatsoever, foam roll and stretch, check your form out when you walk/run and massage the area before sleep.

thats what i did anyway, also, try other sports instead of running, like perhaps swimming.
>>
>>37991430
It's shit.

>>37991437
Straps and squats. My favorites. Thanks for the input, bruh. I'll probably start by skipping the meds, but if push comes to shove, I'll eat that shit like candy..
>>
Tbqh meds are more a placebo than anything. My doc prescribed me some very low dosages of ketum and dicloflenac. I have no idea if they actually worked but it was a huge boost mentally.
>>
File: b92.png (198KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
b92.png
198KB, 557x605px
>>37991479
you shouldn't be doing even 1pl8. Bodyweight is all you need to recover. No sports either. Do 3x10 leg lifts/clams/bridges and stretch while laying down. Don't go to a doctor or they will refer you to a pt. If you go to a pt they're jsut going to tell you do these exercises and stretch. Don't do anything else but those exercises.
>>
>>37991476
Yeah, thought as much myself. I'd like to take up swimming or maybe cycling, though.
>>37991515
Ya, I try to stave off meds as long as I can..
>>
>>37991381
rest

no magic curarive exercise for tendinitis
>>
>>37991561
Yes, but some exercise surely helps? I mean, I can't fucking stay still, can I? And fuck skipping leg day. Leg day's best day.
>>
What I'm going to say will probably piss off some of you but I strongly advise you to stay active.

When I had tendinitis I tried to rest but the pain never went away. I said fuck it and started to build up my quads with low weight and it helped a lot.
>>
>>37991381
Had this till some months ago in my left knee. Went to PT and got eccentric excercises to do, also needed to stop running/jumping/etc. So no stress is put on the knee.

Also squatting has improved the situation, building your quads is going to help for stability. Keep doing weigth training but stop the running etc.
It will heal but it will take some time to fully recover.
>>
>>37993671
Btw also got the advice to use a patellar brace if I can't withstand the pain. Google it, it helped me in many situations.
>>
I get this pain in my right knee. My form isn't too bad right guys? I deloaded my squat around two weeks ago and made a vid. What should I change? My knees track with my toes p well I think

https://youtu.be/h70WmuIIgME
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.