[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KETO FUCKING ROCKS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 32

File: keto_lunch2.jpg (155KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
keto_lunch2.jpg
155KB, 800x550px
keto is actually fucking awesome

why the fuck did you guys call this a meme?

sure you feel like shit for 2 days but I literally feel the BEST I've felt in years thanks to keto.
>>
Two and a half weeks into keto.

Typically I give up two weeks in due to cravings, although so far I've had the willpower to keep it together

195 lbs to 180, going to 165
>>
I've done it a few times, I feel like shit the whole time. it's too hard uguu~~ ill stick to weight watchers
>>
>>37984980
It's extremely unhealthy. You're prioritizing saturated fats and cholesterol instead of vitamins and minerals and carbs, the brains food.

Plus it's literally a rich white guy diet.

But hey, enjoy diabetes, heart failure and high blood pressure eventually. I'm starting to think that is what it will take for you keto babies to get your heads straight.
>>
>>37985064
>Plus it's literally a rich white guy diet.

yeah, costs too much, and you have to have everything bought prior so if you have cravin gs you have your favorite keto food to hand to stave it off

used to be a big advocate of it, but the failure rate is insane. there are better options
>>
File: keto-paleo-diet-food-pyramid.jpg (738KB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
keto-paleo-diet-food-pyramid.jpg
738KB, 1700x2200px
>>37985064
>>37985086
what

buy fuck tons of frozen meat / veggies / nuts, add a dash of olive oil to everything and you're good to go
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (11KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.jpg
11KB, 238x212px
>mfw retards eat a whole bunch of veggies make it past 5 carbs a day and think they are on ketosis
>>
>>37985064
>You're prioritizing saturated fats and cholesterol instead of vitamins and minerals and carbs, the brains food.

t. I don't know what keto is or how it works
>>
>>37984980

In the long run it's an unhealthy diet. Not eating fruits, whole grains, or fiber-rich legumes isn't a healthy way to eat.

Plus, ketosis is, by definition, a medical condition. Normally it's associated with starvation and prolonged vomiting. Not a state you want to be in on purpose.
>>
>>37985204
In the long run it's an unhealthy diet. Not eating fruits, whole grains, or fiber-rich legumes isn't a healthy way to eat.

You can supplement micros that you'd get from fruit.

Whole grains are a meme, and have only been in our diet for ~5000ish years, a drop of water in the ocean of our evolution.

You can get fibre from sources other than legumes.

>Plus, ketosis is, by definition, a medical condition. Normally it's associated with starvation and prolonged vomiting. Not a state you want to be in on purpose.

You're confusing ketosis and ketogenic acidosis.

>Ketosis /kᵻˈtoʊsᵻs/ is a metabolic state in which most of the body's energy supply comes from ketone bodies in the blood, in contrast to a state of glycolysis in which blood glucose provides most of the energy. Longer-term ketosis may result from fasting or staying on a low-carbohydrate diet, and deliberately induced ketosis serves as a medical intervention for various conditions, such as intractable epilepsy, and the various types of diabetes.

>Ketoacidosis is a metabolic state associated with high concentrations of ketone bodies, formed by the breakdown of fatty acids and the deamination of amino acids. The two common ketones produced in humans are acetoacetic acid and β-hydroxybutyrate. Ketoacidosis is a pathological metabolic state marked by extreme and uncontrolled ketosis. In ketoacidosis, the body fails to adequately regulate ketone production causing such a severe accumulation of keto acids that the pH of the blood is substantially decreased.

Please at least learn to use Google before you start to spout off about stuff that you don't know about.
>>
>>37985134
>Bacon
No.
>Salami
No.
>Fried chicken.
Try again.
>Tea, coffee, soda
Please stop.
>Fucking sticks of butter
Nigger what the fuck are you doing?
>>
Former ketofag here. It works for weight loss, but jesus fucking christ, I've never felt so shitty in my life. Yes I was getting enough electrolytes, but you feel so drained of energy and hungry all the time while doing keto.

>"b-but just eat another stick of butter anon!!!"
being able to eat all this fat and unhealthy amounts of protein a day is a myth. No, you can't eat 6 steaks a day and lose weight on keto. You need to still have a calorie deficit and being on a deficit while on keto is fucking torture. Yes, it works and you lose weight, but it fucking sucks.
>>
File: 1468957435187.jpg (349KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1468957435187.jpg
349KB, 650x650px
>>37985344
You must have been fucking up your carb-count rocunt, because keto-flu shouldn't last for more than 3 days.
>>
>>37985286

>You can supplement micros that you'd get from fruit.

No you can't. Food is too complex to supplement all the healthy things in them.

http://www.aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/diet/elements_phytochemicals.html

>Whole grains are a meme, and have only been in our diet for ~5000ish years, a drop of water in the ocean of our evolution.

That's a terrible argument to begin with, but humans have eaten grain for at least 100,000 years

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/humans-feasting-on-grains-for-at-least-100000-years/

>You can get fibre from sources other than legumes.

Not if you're also not eating other carb sources. Fiber is literally a carb. A keto diet is inherently low in fiber.

>You're confusing ketosis and ketogenic acidosis.

Nope, ketosis itself is a medical condition, whereas acidosis can occur from ketosis. Why do you think it's called "ketosis"?

https://books.google.com/books?id=hrdRROeCI9IC&pg=PA264&hl=en#v=onepage&q&f=false
>>
>>37984980
Keto is a weightloss diet. If you want to put on serious muscle, good luck doing that with low carbs.
>>
File: ebolachan12.gif (88KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ebolachan12.gif
88KB, 200x200px
>>37985393
>Keto is a weightloss diet
>>
File: recent.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
recent.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
I love keto for cuts but be real, it's shit for long-term or bulking.
>>
>>37984980
It's great for cutting.
I went from 235 to 175 on a 9 month keto diet
That being said, I found that it was really hard to gain strength on a keto diet.
I didn't start progressing on SS until I gave up keto and started adding in carbohydrates.
>>
>>37985375
>No you can't. Food is too complex to supplement all the healthy things in them.

>http://www.aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/diet/elements_phytochemicals.html

Phytochemicals, while helpful to the body, are not essential. Micronutrients are different, and can be much more easily supplemented and absorbed.

>http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/humans-feasting-on-grains-for-at-least-100000-years/

The earliest recorded domestication is still only 11000 years ago. Even if people were consuming grains 100,000 years ago, it was not cultivated grain (i.e. it was not widespread across all human populations, and was probably not frequent), and hominid evolution is still millions of years old.

>Not if you're also not eating other carb sources. Fiber is literally a carb. A keto diet is inherently low in fiber.

You do not know what you're talking about. Ketogenic diets can have vegetables, berries, and other fibrous food. You calculate carbs by subtracting fibre from the total carbs to get net carbs.

>Nope, ketosis itself is a medical condition, whereas acidosis can occur from ketosis. Why do you think it's called "ketosis"?

Even your book link says nothing bad about ketosis, unless it's uncontrollable in the body (It's always controllable unless there's pre-existing medical conditions), at which point it turns into acidosis, which is the bad one.

Again, you're showing you don't know the difference between controlled ketosis and ketoacidosis, and you think that ketogenic diets don't include fibre. Why are you trying to argue this, if you don't even know the basics of the diet?
>>
>>37985474
[ x ] rekt'd
[ ] not rekt'd

death to non-ketors
>>
>>37985474
Anecdotal evidence, but I've been in ketosis for a month, and I've done it for longer periods. Feeling completely healthy, getting daily recommended fibre per day, and still under 20 grams of carbs. I get regular blood checks done due to blood donation/medical checkups, no abnormal results. I'm happy to share my diet and piss on a ketosis strip to prove the retards in this thread wrong.
>>
>>37985474
I don't have time to argue with you; kill yourself.
>>
>>37985498
Rekt

Maybe the ketosis will kill me, I'll be waiting for awhile I think though :^)
>>
>>37985363
I had keto flu for about a day each time I tried it. I know what it is and how it feels, it feels worse but just being in ketosis feels awful.
>>
>>37985344
>>37985515
Fats in particular are very satiating. What were your macros like?

I'm >>37985493

5%C (under 20 grams) 30%P (around 150 grams) and 65% fat (144 grams, although if I'm low enough on carbs I don't mind letting this go up a few grams.

I typically only eat two big meals a day, because I sleep late and don't have time to eat frequently during work. Typically when I make a meal, it keeps me full for quite a long time.

There's a bit more fatigue during lifting or cardio, but it's typically not enough to make me deload significantly, if at all. I just need more time between sets usually.
>>
>>37985474

>Phytochemicals, while helpful to the body, are not essential.

Essential to live, no. Essential to live a long and healthy life, yes. Even vitamins/mineral supplements for the most part haven't been found to do much of anything.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/news/20131216/experts-dont-waste-your-money-on-multivitamins

>The earliest recorded domestication is still only 11000 years ago. Even if people were consuming grains 100,000 years ago, it was not cultivated grain

Okay, let's ignore that people have been eating grains for tens of thousands of years, much longer than the 5,000 you mentioned. We still have the problem of assuming that a lengthy evolutionary adaptation to grain consumption was necessary to make whole grains appropriate foods for us, while modern science suggests that unprocessed grains are very healthy.

>Even your book link says nothing bad about ketosis

"To dispose of excess ketone bodies, your kidneys excrete them and your lungs exhale them. If this removal processed cannot keep up with the production process, ketone bodies accumulate in the blood-- a condition called ketosis"

Ketosis is what happens to you when your body isn't able to detoxify the ketone bodies in your blood fast enough to maintain normal levels. The infamous "keto breath" is from your body being so desperate to get rid of these excess ketone bodies that it's pumping acetone out of your lungs.
>>
Went from 167 to 136 with keto, felt great. Only problem was having to develop a new type of willpower when re-introducing carbs. All the foods I'd missed and craved I started eating again and quickly gained back 3kg
>>
>>37985306
>saturated fats are evil
how long have you been here?
>>
>>37985409
time to bulk
>>
>>37985599
it was what you posted below. keto just isnt good
>>
>>37985619
Medfag here, just want to clarify something for you. Most of the tissues in the body can burn fat, carbs, or protein for fuel. The brain is unique in that it can pretty much only use carbs for complicated reasons. When you don't eat any carbs, your body runs out of stored glycogen pretty quickly. To keep your brain alive, your liver turns proteins and other things into ketone bodies, which can be used by the brain as carbs (sorta). This is not optimal, because carbs and fat have a lot more energy in them than protein and ketone bodies, so you're not getting as much out of your food as you normally would. But ketosis is not, strictly speaking, bad for you. However the ketone bodies are mildly acidic, so if you start making a bunch of them (like in T1 diabetes) your blood becomes acidic and you get into ketoacidosis.
At least, that's what they taught us in med school.
>>
>>37985016
You can do it, Anon. I went from 191 lbs to 165 last year. Didn't quite go for keto, but <75 carbs a day did it for me.
>>
>>37985619
>Essential to live, no. Essential to live a long and healthy life, yes. Even vitamins/mineral supplements for the most part haven't been found to do much of anything.

>http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/news/20131216/experts-dont-waste-your-money-on-multivitamins

Your link provides no sources for these studies. none of the studies in your link made any claims to vitamin/mineral supplements being used in terms of covering against deficiencies, only for "overall health", which seemed to focus on cancer development and heart disease. Even regarding this, the studies conflict each other, "The same study, however, had previously found that multivitamins might modestly reduce the risk of cancer and cataracts. Cancer risk was reduced by 8 percent, while the risk of cataracts dropped by 9 percent, compared to a placebo."

>Okay, let's ignore that people have been eating grains for tens of thousands of years, much longer than the 5,000 you mentioned. We still have the problem of assuming that a lengthy evolutionary adaptation to grain consumption was necessary to make whole grains appropriate foods for us, while modern science suggests that unprocessed grains are very healthy.

I never disagreed with you, whole grains can be healthy. It's whether or not they are essential to a diet, which they are not.

>
Ketosis is what happens to you when your body isn't able to detoxify the ketone bodies in your blood fast enough to maintain normal levels. The infamous "keto breath" is from your body being so desperate to get rid of these excess ketone bodies that it's pumping acetone out of your lungs.

You don't understand what you're talking about, or you're confusing ketosis and ketoacidosis again. The language in your book is also extremely vague, and doesn't do a good job of explaining it.

Comment too long, explaining more in next post
>>
>>37985741

Nutritional ketosis, what I'm in, and what most normal people are able to enter, has ketones in the blood at a concentration of 1-8 mmol/L. If you are in ketoacidosis, it's more than double that at 20 mmol/L. It's a significant difference. Ketosis becomes an issue when your body cannot produce insulin, such as in diabetics. But if you have normal insulin levels, it's not an issue.

So the issue with the language in your book misleadingly using the word "ketosis". Ketoacidosis is ketosis, but not all ketosis is ketoacidosis.
>>
>>37985766

"Nutritional ketosis" is a made-up term.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>37985134
No milk...
>>
>>37985162
This desu, people eat a fuck ton of fruit too.
>>
>>37985788
It's the difference between 8 mmol/L of ketones and 20 mmol/L of ketones in your blood, dipshit
>>
Sup fellow butter eaters. I'm sorry to hear some people have trouble in ketosis. I have been almost exclusively keto since February of last year and have been loving it. Steady energy/mood, rarely get hangry or hypo. Sleep better. And was able to eat at a caloric deficit for most of last year to lose an easy 63 lbs and rarely felt deprived. Luckily I fucking love everything I get to eat. Just bought a Ronco Showtime rotisserie oven.

Favorite recent snack: mash up a warm hard boiled egg and about 1/2T of butter, add salt & pepper. Eat with spoon. Fucking awesome.
>>
>>37985837
>butter eggs

Tasty shit. I've been eating the same things for awhile, so I checked out a keto recipe website. Just made "pizza dough" with psyllium husk, parmesan, and eggs. Other than a weird eggy texture, it tasted pretty good, broiled it with cheese and salami.

My go-to right now is protein pancakes. 30g shaved unsweetened coconut, two scoops protein powder, two tablespoons peanut butter, two eggs. Super sweet, don't need syrup, no weird egg taste or texture.

I bought coconut flour, so I think I'm going to experiment with using that and the psyllium husk to make some baking.
>>
>>37985741

>Your link provides no sources for these studies

Page 3, "view article sources"

But, you seem to agree with me that vitamin/mineral supplements aren't a substitute for foods, which have a larger impact on health, and likely won't benefit overall health, just prevent acute deficiencies.

>I never disagreed with you, whole grains can be healthy.

It sure sounded like you were disagreeing, but okay. So then you agree with my main point that a ketogenic diet, which eliminates most healthy foods, wouldn't be healthy in the long term? "Essential" is meaningless, you could live off of just sugar, canola oil, protein powder, and a multivitamin. You need healthy foods to stay healthy, and vegetables alone don't cut it. That's not even getting into what foods you do have to eat on a keto diet.

>You don't understand what you're talking about, or you're confusing ketosis and ketoacidosis again

It's literally the definition of ketosis. Ketoacidosis can result from ketosis though.
>>
>>37985836

As defined by who?
>>
File: 1306699190001.jpg (28KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1306699190001.jpg
28KB, 768x768px
>>37985162
>Mfw retards don't realize most people can eat 80+ carbs a day and stay in ketosis
>>
>going into ketosis
>putting unwanted stress on your body

Mark my words you dipshits, 20 years from now when there is a longitudinal study and meta-analyses, you will reap what you have sowed. Stress is the end all be all for disease
>>
>>37984980
If starving yourself of carbs and electrolytes is the best you've felt in years, I can't imagine how horribly malnourished you were before. Either you haven't felt the full effects yet and are lying, or you're doing it wrong. Even the biggest proponents of keto recognize that it feels like shit for the first couple of weeks till you full adjust.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
Lads, I'm confused.
I already did Keto last year which helped me doing some nice progress.
>Now
I did 18/6 IF before going for one meal a day but I'm currently stalling at 90kg and thinking about mixing it with keto.
Did someone experience this shit?
>No need to mention I don't eat crap at all and I don't overeat.
>>
>>37985901
Nice. Gonna try those pancakes soon. I discovered Mama Lupe's tortillas a bit ago and went nuts making pizzas and quesadillas with them.
>>
This thread is great because I see so few "hurr durr keto is a meme" posts now, because people are starting to realize just how fucking good it is
>>
>>37985134
>no potatoes

this is so fucking retarded
>>
>>37985796
Lactose are carbs. It's better to get a fermented dairy product like cheese or yoghurt
>>
>>37985501
kek
>>
>tfw I've keto for 4 years
>tfw best shape of my life
>>
File: 1468913477755.jpg (32KB, 594x598px) Image search: [Google]
1468913477755.jpg
32KB, 594x598px
>>37986716
>Not posting pics
>>
>recommends keto
>looks like he lifts
why is it always just one of the above?
only fattys and skinnyfats do keto and claim that the results they got are the effect of keto, and not just the effect of eating the right number of calories
yet they have the audacity to recommend it to people who lift weights seriously
what a fucking waste of space those people are
>>
>>37984980
Former ketofag here.
Did it 3 or 4 times. Always felt really good during it besides strength and gainloss. Actually really liked that you're eating small portions so I never felt bloated, which is quite nice after bulking for months and eating tons of stuff every meal.
However, keto as a form of diet is so incredibly one-sided and bad to use in your everyday life that I'll not use it anymore. I don't think it's healthy, it drains you mentally (even though you generally feel good) because you're always eating the same boring fatty shit and I see absolutely no advantages over any other form of cutting. Cheatdays are a meme anyways. Also for me it felt like my gains were lost way faster than with other diets, even at a very low kaloric deficit.

That's why I stick to timed carbs. I only eat explicit carbs (rice etc) after getting up in the morning, a few before training and a good amount after training. So on rest-days I'll actually be low-carb (80-100g max). Also I'm seperating carbs and fat in meals. Most importantly: Religious counting of macros and kaloric deficit. Actually works better for me than keto ever did, is way easier to practice and maintain, no cheatdays needed, always getting my fruit and veggies. I see absolutely no reason to ever do a 'only eat this, never that'-diet again (high carb, low fat aswell).
>>
>>37986979
I started eating half carbs on rest days and I feel pretty good.
struggle to reach the cals thou
>>
Keto on 1200 calories a day here, plus 700 mg test prop and 100 mcg t3, creatine bcaas yohimbine. Low rep compound lifts and 6-8 reps otherwise.Seeing daily progress in fat loss, strength gains, size gains. Have plenty of energy and don't get hungry. Keto aas is a great way to lose a shit ton of fat while putting on muscle.
>>
I'm new to the keto diet and I've got a question. I have been on this diet for 11 days as of today and I haven't seen any change in my body fat. I am definitely below 20 grams of carbs a day and also at a minimum of 500 cal deficit per day. I've also experienced keto symptoms(nausea, carb craving, sweetish-metallic taste in mouth etc). When should I expect to start losing fat?
>>
What reason is their to do keto over a high carb and protein diet?

I can cut on 2700kcal to lose 1lb a week, why would i ever starve my body of carbs when they give you energy to hit them big lifts.

I always just hit my protein need of 180-200g, then eat the rest in carbs with minimal fat.
>>
>>37988279
Lmao, is this a joke?
>>
ketogenic diets are great temporary diets for fat people and diabetics to reduce insulin resistance and to regulate ghrelin/leptin levels so their satiety approaches human levels. i don't think it's anywhere as useful for normal-sized people

>>37988759
some people feel hungry with too many carbs carbs; i like a balance of complex carb:fat
>>
>>37988787
But long term a high fat and red meat diet has been linked to increasing risk of diabetes. Why would keto help those who have it already?
>>
>>37985409
nice beard dude but shit body
>>
>>37988816
not really? not according to much recently

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3945587/
>>
>>37988816
Where did you hear that ? A high fat low carb diet is recommended by doctors for people who have type 2 diabetes or in the pre diabetic stage because of the sugar/carbs doesn't spike blood sugar and insulin
>>
>>37988816
That's old shitty 80s broscience
>>
File: cut.png (2MB, 1141x1285px) Image search: [Google]
cut.png
2MB, 1141x1285px
A couple of months between the pictures from right to left. Was in keto for most of the time, about 10kg lost and all strenght maintained, benchpress went up.

Weight went from 90 to 80kg.
>>
>>37989183
fucking hell thats good
how tall and how many cals do you eat per day
>>
>>37984980
This is the first time you've been on a caloric deficit in years? Amazing. Why are these pointless threads made exclusively by fat retards not banned?
>>
File: 1452639823106.jpg (240KB, 840x585px) Image search: [Google]
1452639823106.jpg
240KB, 840x585px
>>37984980
That looks fucking disgusting
>>
>>37985344
Im suprised people are saying they felt shitty.

I went on keto but didnt eat super fatty meats. Grilled chicken, Fish, avacado, salads, etc. I felt great. I felt like shit the first day entering ketosis, but after that I had so much more energy. It also kept me full. Ive been on keto for 3 months now and I've got to say its fucking great. I think that I was just eating way too many complex carbs. The only thing that really hurts is not being able to eat fruit.
>>
>>37985493
Whats your diet? Been in ketosis for 3 weeks.
>>
I lost 10kg in under 2 months doing Keto and IF.
Didn't have any strength in the gym, shit is way harder if you barely eat any carbs. If you just want to lose weight it's GOAT.
I had fucking eggs, bacon and Avocado for breakfast every day, tons of tasty meat, broccoli, even managed to sneak in the occasional full fat Greek yogurt with some berries or peanut butter (gotta be careful with that though). On the go I would sometimes have a quest bar so I didn't cheat. Didn't feel like I was missing anything.

Now I'm eating carbs again, but not nearly as much as before my weight loss. @ a slight deficit, doing SL and losing some of the remaining fat while slowly upping my lifts. I'm actually gonna make it brehs :')
>>
File: JRogan.jpg (519KB, 1764x1746px) Image search: [Google]
JRogan.jpg
519KB, 1764x1746px
>>37986828
Yeah, you're right. This guy definitely doesn't look like he lifts.
>>
>>37989757
>ate paleo
>tell people I was keto
>>
>>37989856
>one guy out of 10000000
>the other 9999999 eat carbs
>still pretty much DYEL
not sure if you're being ironic or not
>>
>>37989164
It's accepted medical fact. Cry harder.
>>
File: cunt.jpg (39KB, 534x800px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
39KB, 534x800px
>>37989928
Really? Zyzz swore by the keto diet.
Im sorry that you feel the need to justify stuffing your face with carbs because diet you've tried made you relapse to mommies spaghetti and meatballs.
>>
>>37990194
>Zyzz swore by the keto diet.
LOL
>>
>>37985064

Either very poor bait or you're actually retarded.
>>
>>37985980

Innuits have been doing just fine for generations.
>>
>>37990194
Zyzz roided and ate whatever the fuck he wanted
Diets are for fags
>>
>>37989856

He's been keto for about a month and often gets stoned and slips up and admits he has had beer or other carbs and even ate bread live on air recently. He's also on steroids, growth hormone and T4.
>>
>>37984980
Keto is great for weightloss, but god damn it's unhealthy. Not to mention it damn near has you begging for death.
>>
>>37990358

>... but god damn it's unhealthy.

This has not actually been born out, whatsoever, in scientific literature.

>Not to mention it damn near has you begging for death.

Most often this is due to an intake of too little sodium. Ketogenic diets are naturally diuretic, but a lot of people "know better," and still try to maintain a "normal" salt intake regardless.
>>
>>37988866

Diabetics seem to be told to eat the same foods everyone else is

http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/planning-meals/diabetes-meal-plans-and-a-healthy-diet.html

Complex carbs are important and help stabilize blood sugar

http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/making-healthy-food-choices/diabetes-superfoods.html

Because a high fat, low carb diet isn't seen as a heart healthy diet, it's unlikely that a diabetic will be recommended one, since diabetes already puts you at higher risk of heart disease. Diabetics aren't even supposed to eat one egg in a day.
>>
>>37990284

Technically the Inuit don't live in a ketogenic state despite their seemingly ketogenic diet.

Also

>doing just fine
>life expectancy of like 50
>>
>>37990317

And he's a 5'5 manlet.
>>
>>37990432

Where are they getting their carbs from then?

Is their low life expectancy (assuming it is even low) actually related to their diet?
>>
>>37990455

>Where are they getting their carbs from then?

Some from the glycogen in the raw muscles they eat, the rest their liver produces from the protein they eat
>>
>>37990419
>complex carbs are important to stabilize blood sugar

which is why hba1c starts climbing after weight loss ceases on a high carb diabetic diet, right?

you want stable blood sugar? high fat moderate protein low carb. hba1c falls all the way out to 74 weeks regardless of weight loss.
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 1282x952px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 1282x952px
>>37990194
He used keto for like 2 weeks at a time while blasting DNP and T3 because he had such an extreme case of dysmorphia that he couldn't bare being over 8% bodyfat.

He also died from a heart attack following years of shitty dieting and drug abuse. Why would you use him as any kind of credible advocate of keto??
>>
>>37984980
Some people feel great, some don't. I might do a vegan month followed by a keto month. Fun to mix it up. Maybe viceversa
>>
>>37985949
How, raspberry ketones, cardio? Source?
>>
>>37990501

post sources
>>
>>37985064
Lmao carbs cause diabetus not fats
>>
>>37985666
not this time Satan
>>
File: image.jpg (201KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201KB, 533x800px
>>37988279
Dude I lose way more fat than that and I cut like a pound every two days. All my lifts still progress and I'm getting leaner by the day. You shouldn't do steroids if you need to lose that much weight, or at all. Fuck roids dude, and 700mg test a week or every three days? Id love to do steroids to and I feel like I'd get it right, but it's not worth it what so ever at our pay grade.
>>
>>37985409
I'd cut ten more pounds or so then do a SLOW bulk. Creatine is your friend.
>>
>>37990562

Or simple carbs and fat work together to promote diabetes. Carbs cause an insulin response to regulate blood sugar, fat makes the insulin work less effectively.
>>
>>37990546
google, how does it work? I'm lazy, but I'll give you enough to find it yourself.

bernard did the low fat ada/vegan comparison, low carb 74 week diabetes study should get you the other one

have fun.
>>
>>37990194
No zzyz did ass tons of steroids and ate enough protons. If there is anybody that should do /fraud/ it's somebody with a fucking heart condition and a cocaine addiction.
>>
>>37990605
Not that guy but I can't find the second one. Please post it.
>>
>>37984980
Only weak people need a diet like keto
If you are truly disciplined you can have a little bit of everything without getting fat
That's why these diets work for obese or undisciplined normies
They have no self control

Your body needs carbs not a fuck ton obviously, you are missing out on vitamin and minerals
If you think taking a multi vitamin has you covered, you don't deserve to make it
>>
>>37990194
>>37990215
>>37990304
>>37990521
>>37990611

Stop this fighting now cunts. I am still here, I never died.
>>
>>37990757
no. like I said. I'm lazy.

try hba1c low carb study
>>
>>37990783
your body can make the ~30g of carbs you need per day from acetone and glycerol.
>>
>>37990815
In other words: you're desperately trying to distract from the fact that you're just talking out of your ass Thanks for playing, you lost.
>>
>>37990605
>>37990757

Yeah, the 74 week study was the bernard one. What's the low carb one?
>>
>>37990869
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26965765
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24390522
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24717684
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25114711
>>
>>37990869
no, i'm lazy and working off the top of my head.

you don't know how to do a literature search and need your hand held.
>>
>>37989692
maintenance was 3000 and I cut down to about 1500. I had quite a lot of fasting and refeed days. Protip is to know and follow your body.

I'm 178cm tall btw
>>
>>37986828
Actually I can't recommend keto enough when it comes to fatties
They start off with that and get motivated by the quick results to keep on doing cardio and shit.
But if you're not overweight, keto is retarded
>>
have fun with restricted arterial and peripheral bloodflow
>>
>>37990924

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26965765
>carb-restricted group cut their carbs in half but only went from 21g fiber to 19g, "standard carb" group got even less fiber with 18g
>carb-restricted group's ldl went up, hdl went down even while losing weight
>regular diet, 1900 calories a day. carb-restricted diet, 1400 calories a day

wut. both diets in this were terrible.
>>
>>37984980
Is that Braunschwieger on a rib of celery? Neat.
>>
>>37991001
you're confusing keto with the SAD.
>>
>>37991025
look at the kind of fats used in the low carb

mostly unsaturates. hdl is something like a proxy for dietary saturated fat
>>
>>37991067

lots of weird stuff in that study

>standard carb diet ate more protein, fat, and saturated fat than the carb-restricted diet (how to say this supports high fat, high protein diets for diabetes? the other diet was only low-carb because it was so low-calorie, not higher in fat/protein)
>standard carb group got half the vitamin C of the carb-restricted diet (less vegetables for the comparison diet?)
>twice the carbs in the standard carb group but even less fiber somehow (refined carbs? almost half of the carb content was sugar)
>baseline hba1c much higher in the carb-restricted group (makes the change in hba1c look much larger)
>500 calorie difference between the two groups (making weight change more of a factor, biased towards the calorie restricted group)

a lot of low carb studies are like this. compared to another terrible diet and when confounded by weight loss from extreme calorie deficits, they look better than they really are.
>>
How to get potassium without fruits potato, or sugary sport drink?
>>
>>37991516
lite salt

versions available in half potassium salt and all potassium salt.
>>
>>37985498
>I don't have time to argue with you; kill yourself.
Absolutely
B T F I
T
F
O
>>
>>37991516

Swiss chard/spinach/avacado/white button mushrooms/salmon

https://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/food-sources-of-potassium.php
>>
>>37991543
Milk is how i got my potassium
Tons of potassium in milk
>>
I've been on it for about 5 months and lost 40lbs eating some of the most delicious food I've ever had.

I've got more energy than I've ever had, I'm sleeping regularly, I don't get hungry, and I look better than I've ever looked.

Anyone who says they felt like shit the whole time did it wrong or didn't last more than 10 days.

When I started I felt like I was quitting smoking, but that goes away.

Keto does fucking rock. It's not magic, you still have to count your calories and watch your macros but you have to do that on any diet if you want to lose weight.
>>
>>37991675
ok now post a picture to prove that you look like you lift so your advice is worth anything
>>
>>37991652
with lite salt you can put potassium in anything.
>>
>>37990436
wait, i'm taller than joe rogan? sweet
>>
>>37991595
OK so I'm having a spinach salad for lunch almost every day with cheese, chicken sunflower seeds and eggs, balsamic vinaigrette on top, spinach should cover me then?
>>
>>37985409
>huge neck, tiny head

what mode is this?
>>
>>37991715

Three times a day
>>
>>37991707
Is this in baking isle next to Morton's salt?
>>
File: 1468967882198.jpg (885KB, 1763x2034px) Image search: [Google]
1468967882198.jpg
885KB, 1763x2034px
Any bodybuilder worth his weight (and isn't blasting) is carb-cyclcing.

Keto is only good for fatasses who are addicted to junk food.
>>
>>37991722
giraffe

duh
>>
>>37991704

I don't lift.

I went from being doughy to scrawny

I wanted to see if I could lose weight with diet alone and I did.

I'm actually going to start lifting next week, and I'm hoping since I've managed to dial in my macros for weight loss I can do the same to gain muscle now.
>>
>>37985409

Which one were you doing?
>>
>>37991728
yes
>>
>>37991771
ladies and gentleman, the average keto advocate
>>
>>37991849

Calm down friend, nobody is going to take away your soda and tendies.
>>
>>37991891

>diet soda with butter melted into it and tendies fried in extra lard

keto is great! :)
>>
>>37990562

Long term keto/low carb diets also cause insulin resistance.
High fat high carb causes it quicker.
High carb can cause it too.
Midground? Mid carbs, high/mid protein, low fat.
There, no diabetes.
>>
>>37986391
>potatoes on keto
Imagine being so fat you eat potatoes on keto.
>>
>>37991912

>bacon, eggs, sautéed kale and spinach, water

You need grains, and orange juice and shit or your gonna DIE!!!!
>>
>>37991960

>bacon and eggs
>>
File: memez.gif (67KB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
memez.gif
67KB, 207x207px
>>37984980
>zero carbohydrates
>fail all of your classes due to no stored glycogen to reach your brain
>b-but at least I'm not fat
>*shifts through dumpster*
>>
File: ketosis side effects.png (18KB, 407x338px) Image search: [Google]
ketosis side effects.png
18KB, 407x338px
>>
>>37984980
I tried Keto once but stopped after 5 days because I was feeling dizzy all the time and couldn't focus at anything. It sucked
>>
>>37991979

I eat more vegetables on keto than I ever have, and probably a shit ton more than you but you know enjoy eating animal feed and sugar.
>>
>>37992035

>I ate ham and cheese slices and coke zero for 5 days once
>>
>>37992063
no
>>
>>37992042

>tfw over 70g fiber a day

how much you get fatboy? :^)
>>
>>37992121

uhhh uhhh why does that matter? i eat vegetables with my bacon so everything is fine! please stop!
>>
>>37989183
The thing is you would loose the weight anyway on caloric deficit. You would also maintain all of your strength.

So why do keto?
>>
File: goback.jpg (155KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
goback.jpg
155KB, 500x492px
>>37985134

>/r/keto
>>
>>37992121

I eat 300g of spinach and kale everyday.

Which is a shit ton better than eating insoluble livestock feed.
>>
File: image.png (521KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
521KB, 720x528px
OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY

SIMPLE NO GIMMICK HEALTHY EATING MASTER RACE COMING THROUGH.
>>
>>37990317
You can easily look like that if you do weight lifting and martial arts for 30+ years
>>
>>37992274
>OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY

>METABOLICALLY HEALTHY PERSON COMING THROUGH

ftfy
>>
>>37991738
And the cyclic Ketogenic diet exist for people who can do high volume/HIIT or complete really intense workouts. You eat low carbs for 5 to 6 days and carb up on the weekend. Some people even do 12-13 days ketosis and a reefed weekend or day.
>>
>>37992402
aka a DYEL
>>
>>37992402
>putting that much effort into a meme diet
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1019x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1019x720px
>>37985501
Kek
>>
>>37992309
>OUT OF THE WAY

>EVERYONE

ftfy
>>
>>37992274
b-but that's straightforward and not overly complicated for something thats supposed to be SO HARD

it HAS to be bullshit
>>
>>37992504

>Don't eat carbs???
>am confuse
>>
>>37992471
>the old school body builders like Arnold were DYELS

>>37992487
>implying Diet isn't like 3/4ths the battle to making it

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/nutrition/gain-mass/eating-bodybuilding-physique-70s
Right from the horse's mouth that all the guys back in the golden age ate very little carbs and moderate to high fat and had a 1 day cheat pretty much cyclic keto. People like Joe Rogan, Zyzz, and Mark Bell also advocate the diet. Besides it's just giving up starchy foods and sugars, you can use oats/fruits for carb re feeds if you still want to eat clean.
>>
>>37992544
Instructions unclear. Carbs placed in ass.
>>
>>37985134
i eat lots of fruit so i could never keto
>>
>>37992567
>roasty getting toasty
lol fucking whore
>>
>>37992672
enjoy your nash and nafld when you stop exercising, kiddo
>>
>>37992699
you realize perfectly healthy normals eat fruit right
>>
>>37985134
>no fruit

sorry guys I don't think this semen slurping "diet" is for me.
>>
>>37985134
>Yes Eggs And Dairy
>No Milk
Seems strange
>>
>>37992946
our ancestors ate cheese but didn't drink milk, don't you know
they weren't stupid enough to eat carbs
>>
File: ahnold.png (997KB, 640x862px) Image search: [Google]
ahnold.png
997KB, 640x862px
lyle mcdonald himself said keto is inferior to a regular diet.
basically said it's only good for retards crash dieting. they'll likely gain it all back again because they don't know how to diet past eating lots of protein and fats.
>>
File: six-ingredient-swaps.png (850KB, 577x866px) Image search: [Google]
six-ingredient-swaps.png
850KB, 577x866px
can we at least agree paleo is retarded

>OUR ANCESTORS WOULD NEVER EAT GRAINS OR BEANS
>THEYRE BAD FOR YOU
>ANYTHING MODERN IS BAD
>HERE EAT THIS PALEO BAR ITS RAW SO ITS GREAT
>>
ive lost like 26 pounds in 3 months from 205 to 183 at 5'10

but im still fat? did i mostly lose muscle or what? how much do i have to lose to be fit?
>>
>>37993641
are you lifting weights
>>
>>37993663
yeah and ive lost some strength as well(lost 10lbs on bench and around 20lbs on squats) i cant eat as much on this diet because im always full.

still fat however. my goal is to get to 170 but with the amount of fat i have i think i need to go to 160.
>>
>>37990832
Legs and appendix aren't strictly required either. Your shitpost is proof a functioning brain is also de facto irrelevant for the body. So better get rid of that as well.
>>
>>37993182
The Gilligan's Island Diet
>>
File: Diet not working.jpg (157KB, 921x741px) Image search: [Google]
Diet not working.jpg
157KB, 921x741px
>>37988534
What kind of kitchen scale you got?
>>
>>37989183
>all strenght maintained, benchpress went up
>>37992179
>You would also maintain all of your strength.
>>
>>37991048
>Braunschwieger
Fucking love liverwurst. Eat that shit with a spoon.
>>
>>37995350
sorry i dont read goodly
>>
>>37993146
[citation needed]
>>
>>37993182
Why is butter in the left column?
>>
Yall can argue this shit all day long but the reality is your body needs everything!!! So get your calories, fats, carbs, vitamins, all that shit but keep the sizes reasonable and FUCKING LIFT!!!! FUCK fad Diets and all this he said she said shit just don't be a fucking pig, work out, and eat a variety of food and the most magical thing will happen... You will be in shape!!!
>>
>>37991930
[citation needed]
>>
>>37985064
>White
>Bad
Kill yourself N I G G E R
>>
>>37995515
dairy is UNHEALTHY because LACTOSE can give FARTS*
*ghee is apparently ok though because it's "clean"
>>
>>37993182
strict paleo is retarded. if you had a mostly paleo diet youd probably be doing pretty well
>>
>>37996753
>>
>>37996792
>>
File: nacho-cheese-tall-01-682x1024.png (841KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
nacho-cheese-tall-01-682x1024.png
841KB, 682x1024px
>>37996800
>>
Being in keto for high energy expenditure activities (lifting) is like trying to get a good amount of Omega-3 from just nuts.

I.E. secondary sources are shit.
>>
>>37985162
for people who don't move around much, 25g per day is fine, for people doing cardio or heavy lifting that day you can go higher depending on when you consume said carbs
>>
I wish I could go one digit bodyfat.
>>
>>37984980
I ate Keto on a 400kcal deficit for a fortnight
I was pissing out my ass and so weak I dropped my motorbike after finishing work and snapped off the mirror

Never before had I fallen for such a meme
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.