[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best pull up programme? I can do 4 on a good day.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: hot-girl-pull-up-workout.jpg (48KB, 335x381px) Image search: [Google]
hot-girl-pull-up-workout.jpg
48KB, 335x381px
What's the best pull up programme? I can do 4 on a good day.
>>
>>37981874
3-5x failure, lots of rest between. When you can do like 3x8-10 start adding weight.
>>
doing them several times per week but never going to failure seems to work for me. always leave a rep or two
>>
So, either do to failure, or not do to failure?

What's the advantages with each of those two alternatives?
>>
>>37981952
You can do more sets if you don't go to failure. Starting at 4 you'll probably have to go to failure.
>>
File: 1468416631297.png (2MB, 1584x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1468416631297.png
2MB, 1584x1600px
What's grip and width is best?
>>
>>37981874
she's hot
>>
>>37982004
I like underhand. It puts the biceps in a better position to help so you can do more and arms get more work, and you get almost the same benefits as wide grip for lats.

Wide grip is a bit better for lats if you're more about bodybuilding.
>>
>>37981874
Just do more.

Progress will come painfully slowly but it'll happen.
>>
If you can only do 4, you need to use the assisted weight and do 3x10
>>
>>37982041

Underhand is for pussies. It's tough because it's working. Keep doing pullups, OP. The strength will come eventually. >>37981874
>>
>>37982091
The point is to be able to do more reps or add more weight. Failure is failure either way senpai.
>>
Should I do negatives:

http://www.50pullups.com/50-pullups-programme/4-5-pullups

?
>>
>>37981874
If you want to get good at pullups do lots of pullups. Simple as that really. Once you get to sets of 10 add weight and keep doing lots of pullups.
>>
File: 1468421751411.jpg (134KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468421751411.jpg
134KB, 1080x1080px
thanks for answering, here is ass
>>
>>37982041
>>37982091
I normally do 3 sets of pullups until failure, and then do 3 sets of chins. Underhand grip is for weak ass fuckboys, I can still go for reps of chins after exhausting mysel until not being able to do a single pullup.

The bicep pump is nice though.
>>
>>37982156
If you can't do more than 4 pullups like the OP, then do negative pullups AFTER reaching your max reps. I think underhand pullups are great, but I do them separetly from my normal pullups.

Don't be that asshole who only does underhand 'cause he's too afraid to show everyone around that he's still a beginner when it comes to raw strength. Suck it up and walk the walk.
>>
Doing as many reps as I could in a set block of time works well. 7 minutes, maybe 10. That might mean singles for you, OP, but you'll get in a lot more volume that way..
>>
>>37982041
>underhand

You mean a chin up?

Fuck you dawg.
>>
>>37981874
Only 4 pullups? What are your stats?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.