[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I did SL 5x5 for a year, but I want to switch to bodybuilding.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 2.jpg (245KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
245KB, 1280x800px
I did SL 5x5 for a year, but I want to switch to bodybuilding. Can you guys recommend a good routine?
>>
You want to do roids you mean?

Because if you want to stay natty you gotta train for strength bro, even in the higher rep ranges you need to constantly get stronger to grow.
>>
>>37980539
no i don't want to take roids

but I don't want to continue lifting with the powerlifting philosophy, either. I don't care about increasing my weight on the main lifts and I don't want to do the back squat instead of the healthier front squat, just because I can squat a bigger weight that way.

I want to gain muscle and be healthy.
>>
>>37980572

But size and strength is only really separate for a novice. Most bodybuilders are decently strong, and many mr olympia winners competed in powerlifting.

Powerlifters spend a lot of time in "functional" exercises to improve their main lifts, while bodybuilders spend more time on looking good.

You need to consistently improve your strength in order to grow in size, even if you do it in the 8-12 range (in practice it doesn't matter what range you choose though, you get stronger at the range you train).
>>
>>37980636
i'm not saying i don't want to gain strength anymore. I just want a program that is more geared towards aestetics than The Texas Method or whatever intermediate powerlifting program is recommended
>>
PHAT and PHUL seem pretty good. I'm thinking of doing a version of PHAT modified for slightly less leg volume.
>>
>>37980694

You realize that neither SS or TM are particularly powerlifting-oriented right? They sway more towards that than bodybuilding, but there's many more specific routines out there (dietmar, sheiko, cuckols, smolov).

TM can also be tailored A LOT. It's just a method, not a routine. Check out PPLxUL on fitsticky.com. It's probably what you're looking for.
>>
>>37980636
>>37980539
ignorant fatty ss victim pls go
>>37980481
do PPL (push pull legs)
typical exercises are these in 4 sets of 12-15 reps each
Push
Bench
dumbbell flies
dips
crossover
db overhead extensions
cable pushdowns
tricep kickbacks
shoulder extensions or overhead press

pull
pullups-chinups-pulldowns
rows
trap shrugs
dumbbell curls
hammer grip curls

legs
squats
lunges
calf raises
or machine based (leg extensions,curls,adductors-abductors-glutes,gastrocnemius machine)

leave a day between each.Warm up with 15 minutes of cardio before working out and do 2-3 sets of crunches and back extensions in the end of the workout.Stretch in the end as well.
good luck
>>
>>37980704
>>37980739
>>37980736

thanks guys
>>
>>37980572

>healthier front squat

what
>>
>>37980792
well, the back squat is very often done with improper form and the front squat is almost impossible to do without proper form

if you want to minimize your risk for lower back injuries, you should do the front squat
>>
Anyway I want to stress out that volume is fucking necessary if you want to make gains, 3x5 twice a week ALONE does nothing but a slight strength gain for some months
>>
>>37980481
3x5 warm up sets + 5x5 sets = high volume, bad news 4 u
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.