[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's a hex bar for and what are the benefits of it compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

what's a hex bar for and what are the benefits of it compared to regular straight bar deadlift?
>>
i bought one for my home gym, cant even remember the last time i used it

def buyers remorse lel

nothing beats normie deadlifts
>>
>>37975182

Takes some of the strain off the lower back by making the movement more upright and like a partial squat. Originally it was intended for injured/generally old and beat up lifters who couldn't handle as much conventional deadlifting as they wanted.
>>
>>37975182
quite good for farmer walks
>>
seems pretty good for farmer walks and shrugs
>>
>>37975199
This

Dl the weight is slightly in front of you unlike a Squat where the weight travels right through your center of gravity. It ends up lightening the load on your posterior chain becoming more like a squat
>>
>>37975199
>>37975199
I have a slight back problem, would it be better for me to use the hex bar until I build more strength and move on to straight bar?
>>
>>37975182
>>37975244
>this is what trip fags are like on fit
>dyel morons
>>
>>37975244
nah, you're better off just doing sumo deadlifts

this is coming from someone who literally owns a trap-bar
>>
>>37975256
Or I'm just seriously trying to get into shape and I don't want to fuck myself up doing something I shouldnt.
>>
>>37975269
Ok so why are you tripping then?
>>
>>37975268

Or block pulls.

I like the trap bar as assistance (and it is pretty good for famers walks and shrugs, provided you're not super strong) but its not something I'd use as a main lift unless I was really strapped for time and couldn't have two lower body lifts.
>>
>>37975269

This. I bought one, it lets me deadlift with less stress on the lower back.

What's not to like?

No doubt there's plenty of lifters with fkd lower backs from deadlifting.
>>
>>37975269

>trying to get into shape

then y u trippin tho fagt?

trap bars just hit your traps and quads more, when i do them it's on a leg day not a back day. now get rid of your trip and come back when you arent dyel
>>
>>37975301

The fact that it defeats a lot of the purpose of deadlifting. It is easier on the lower back, but it also removes a lot of the hamstring/glute/erector involvement in the lift. Its extremely quad-driven for a pull.
>>
hex bars are great honestly, id use them more but i prefer to deadlift so i can get competition strength tbhhh
>>
>>37975269
I love it when DYELs trip!
I really care about the 100lbs deadlift you did today!
>>
>>37975182
It will help lats when deadlifting

But it's not a 'real' life and deadlifting + bench will get better results.

It will not build back muscles as much because there is no strain.
>>
>>37975269

>Trip code to ask something that doesn't require a tripcode.

m8
>>
>>37975308

Well to me, the benefits of a safer lower back outweigh the less posterior chain involvement,

I workout AxBxAxxBxAxB

A trap bar deadlifts
B front squats and Romanian deadlifts.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.