[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you experienced loose skin after weight loss? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 24BF4C6.jpg (164KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
24BF4C6.jpg
164KB, 480x640px
How many of you experienced loose skin after weight loss?
How bad was it?
I was fat, still am, but I've lost a lot of weight lately and I am concerned if I lose more I will have baggy skin. I haven't seen any yet but people say it starts around the last twenty pounds.

I was 260, 6'2, shoulders are 43 in, hips 40, waist is 38. After working out people say I've lost a lot of weight (one person said they could barely recognize me), but my weight has gone up to 290 in the last year. I'm really prone to stretch marks, even when I lose weight and back when I was skinny in high school.
>>
File: 1466313315667.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1466313315667.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>37967892
>That underwhelming/plain but cute body in the pic

hnngh

tfw you used a bad breakup to lift/train even harder, grew the douchebag trimmed beard she never let you grow, and now regularly catch 8.5/10s on tinder.

tfw its been 3 years and you still have dreams about your 6/10 overachieving ex, who everyone said was too homely for you.

men like us, we never get back the things we love.

i'm not gonna make it.
>>
>>37967986
How the fuck do you know my life story.
But seriously, I am super concerned about loose skin.... I've gotten pretty strong. 215 bench, 800 leg press, 300 squats, 350 deadlifts, 270 row, but I know being strong doesn't make you attractive.
>>
>>37967892
Your post is a little confusing, you think you could do a timeline or something of your weights, and an estimation of how fat/muscled you were at those points?

>>37967986
Was she your first, anon?
>>
>>37967892
You really won't know until you get really lean. A lot of folks think they have loose skin that just wont go away, but drop another 10-20 lbs and tighten up pretty well.

Even if you have some loose skin, there's a chance it'll tighten up over time. But that's just genetics, you may be fucked you may not. There's always surgery.

I've seen some folks cover up their loose skin decently even in swim trunks. No one will really be able to tell in a shirt.

Oh and stretch marks don't guarantee loose skin. I got horrible stretch marks on my love handles but no loose skin when I leaned out (5'11 230lbs fatty down to 165 leanish, bulking up again).

I think it may depend on how long you spend fat/losing weight? But I honestly don't know the details there
>>
>>37967892
London?
>>
>>37968025

Sure.

Probably around 170 Sophmore year, was skinny fat with pretty much 0 strength.

Was 240 around senior year, you could see my ribs but was my peak of being able to lift. I could do pull ups, 250 bench, dips, etc no problem.

College muscle turned to fat, and I sat around 240 for 2 years, but it was fat weight not muscle weight.

Graduated, ex left me after several years of me trying to support us both. Decided I'd turn my life around. Been hitting the gym as hard as I can for last year, lost a lot of "fat" but have gone up in weight.
>>
>>37968025
Oh and to give context, this time last year I was wearing 3xl shirts. Im down to large "tall" shirts now, and those are fairly baggy but because of my height and shoulders I can't do normal larges or mediums. I probably have about 25 lbs left before I start to look somewhat cut.
>>
>>37968140
>>37968118
I'd say your odds of avoiding loose skin are pretty decent. A lot of dudes with loose skin have been straight obese for like 10-15 years, with most of it sitting around their waist.
>>
>>37968197
Thanks, I just feel like it would be such a waste to work so hard and to cut so many things out of my diet just for this to finally get there and find out it wasn't worth it.
I know it sounds shallow, but really I dont know many girls who care how much you can lift so long as you have abs.
>>
>>37968235
Abs are a big deal yea, but part of that is, having abs means you are very lean. Being lean makes your arms look nice and defined when doing basic movements. Girls especially love defined forearms. Heck, guys do too.

Being lean generally improves your facial aesthetics, and draws out the neck/collar bones. Unless you live somewhere hot enough/on the coast that you spend the majority of your time shirtless, I'd say you'll still reap the benefits of being muscular and lean even if you do get some loose skin.
>>
>>37967892
I get it. 150lb 5"10
I used to be 180

When I sit down it looks like fat but in reality it's just skin. As for standing up I look dyel
>>
>>37968317
>30 lbs

That might just be fat man. Or really weak skin genetics; in which case I feel for you mang.
>>
>>37968022
>leg press
lel. you have to divide that by 2 and then subtract your bodyweight to convert to a squat.
so
800/2 = 400
400 - 290 = 110

hello dyel my old friend
>>
>>37967892

lose weight slowly and it will be fine

for the love of god dont do lipo
>>
>>37968371
I have to be careful with squats, Im missing part of my knee so I can't do a lot of weight safely. Knee doesn't have the part of the bone that supports weight left or right, so it dislocates very easily.
>>
File: 1453773156913.gif (1MB, 400x232px) Image search: [Google]
1453773156913.gif
1MB, 400x232px
>>37967986
Goddammit anon.

Fuck you.
Fuck you so much.

>the feels are too much
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.