[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do at this point?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: body-fat-percentage-men-1.jpg (30KB, 610x202px) Image search: [Google]
body-fat-percentage-men-1.jpg
30KB, 610x202px
I started losing weight in last January and I started working out early in March. I've been going very hard and very disciplined since then and have dropped from 245 to 200 (I'm 5'7). Now, at 200, I seem to have plateaued. For over 3 weeks now, I've only lost about 2 or 3 pounds and it's driving me crazy considering I've got at LEAST 20 to 25 more pounds to go to be at a health BF%. Like I said, I've been very disciplined eating only 1,300 calories a day (one cheat meal a week) and doing intense full body workouts 3 times a week. I also walk for a hour in the scorching sun at least 4 times a week, and I've been recently integrating riding my bike into my routine. At this level of intensity (I grew up a lazy slob, so this is all relatively intense for me), I feel like I'm going to give in if I can't see more results soon. So what are my options?

I don't think I can possibly reduce my calories any more. I'm already borderline weak as it is, and I always feel absolutely drained after my workouts.

Some people have suggested I bump my calories up to get more energy and start integrating more cardio into my routine. This scares me on a deep level because raising calories sounds so counter-intuitive to losing weight. Plus I don't understand why it would be beneficial to eat an extra 250 calories, then have to burn it back off with the cardio (which is going to be difficult for me to get used to).

Help!!
>>
Is /fit/ useless for actual advice?
>>
>>37967729
Take your weight, find the number of calories you need to eat to maintain your current weight for a week.
See if it helps you feel better.

If it does then try to stick to your current weight for a month. After your body begins to see it as a new norm and your workout sessions don't completely tucker you out for days anymore, then start cutting back on calories again.

You should also try to drink a gallon or more of weight, but keep a few fruit around to replace the minerals that are lost from normal water excretion from sweat and urination.
>>
>>37967729
> 1300 kcal and intense workouts 3x weekly
> not skelly or dead
Must be one hell of a cheat day.

> CAPTCHA related: Select all images with ice cream.
>>
>>37968125
So what you're saying is that my body has decided that I'm wasting away and is now trying to retain weight? I thought that kind of stuff was bro science. If I have to do this, is there no way I can still keep losing some weight? I want to drop as much weight as I can before I start back school in a month.
>>
>>37968162
It surprises me honestly. All the TDEE calculators I used told me I needed to eat like 2500 to maintain, so whenever I ate at 2000, I thought I was in a good deficit but I never lost any weight. I only began losing when I started aiming below 1700 a day. Now, at 1300, I don't feel like I can go any lower, and the weight loss is slowing down immensely. My workouts are an hour long and I hit legs, abs, and I do a push and pull both forwards and upwards with my arms for a gran total of 6 workouts. I also go to failure on the last set of each exercise, and when I say failure, I mean screaming spitting every last ounce of energy I can muster. As for my cheat meal, I do get a pretty decent 2000 to 2500 calories extra that day. It's not a small cheat meal for sure, but it's just one single meal all week.
>>
>>37968240
Sure your kcal counts aren't off? Using a food scale?
>>
>I also walk for a hour in the scorching sun at least 4 times a week

Don't do this. It's exhausting and accomplishes nothing.
>>
>>37968295
Well, as of now, I still haven't cleaned up my diet, so I usually eat a lot of frozen dinners and things that have the calories written on it. I definitely eat much cleaner than I did before this year, but I'm taking things one step at a time. I'm pretty certain my calorie counting is about 90% accurate. Some days I'll eat 1,500 and some days I'll eat 1100, but 1300 is about the average. I want to get a scale and start eating clean either before the end of the year or as my new year resolution.

>>37968300
If nothing else, it gets me going in the morning. I actually feel really good after the walk. To be fair, almost half of it is shady and the breeze keeps me cool. I never feel "bad" after a walk. 10 minutes relaxing under a fan usually has me refreshed after my walk.
>>
Would training HIIT with martial arts 2 times a week impact my strength and muscle gains?
>>
>>37968625
I think mentality is that anything you do that uses energy which doesn't involve shredding weight will mean that your gains are affected. Basically spend all your energy on gains to get all the gains.
>>
>>37967729
The lower your body ft the harder it is to make noticeable fat dropping gains without doing more extremes.
This is why people cycle bulking/cutting, eventually when you reach a low enough body fat you can just cut 200 or so calories from your diet around January and just keep cutting for months with little to no issue or drop in strength.
However at your height and weight, you're talking a massive calorie cut.
When people are saying you should increase calories they are only half right.
You need to diversify your calorie intake, if you're feeling too weak, your body is trying to tell you something. I've cut on a 1200 calorie diet and felt little more than hunger.
Maintenance days are also important, you can eat at or a little bit more than your daily TDEE on those days, it's important for the repair process and for your own mental stability. These days also help with cravings.
Now I would limit yourself to 2 maintenance days a week and drop your calorie count even further than you have.
As you reach closer to your desired weight, eat a little more calories daily and drop one of the maintenance days.
Eventually you'll reach your desired weight and can adjust 100-200 calories on a weekly basis for your goals.
>>
>>37967729
>What do I do at this point?
Kill yourself
>>
Dude never go under 1500 kcal. Never! cuz this will happen..
Slowly add calories each week like 100-200 until u maintain at 2500 or some thing then start cutting at 2000 kcal
>>
>>37968358
You need a scale and need to start measuring accurately. The eye test doesn't cut it especially when the body is hungry.

A decent scale is like 20 bucks
>>
>>37969863
>Now I would limit yourself to 2 maintenance days a week and drop your calorie count even further than you have.

That's some pretty extreme advice that I've never heard of before, and I've been reading fitness stuff for years (yeah yeah, I've only acted on it this year though). How does changing "when" I get my calories actually affect me when everyone (and the sticky) says the main principal is calories in vs calories out and everything else is just splitting hairs?

>>37970440
I will probably do this this week. I feel like my body is telling me to eat more. It's just my mind's obsession with finally getting lean after a lifetime of fatness. Oh well, health before beauty I suppose.
>>
>>37970532
I will be doing this very soon. My self transformation I've been doing this year has been in stages. The very first stage on January first was to stop smoking and quit eating out. Once I managed that, I started counting calories etc.
>>
I'm 5"7 .. Have cut from 173 down to 144 and I still have this shitty little
Beer belly ... You got along way to go bro ... Your going to look like shit at 175
>>
>>37970551
Its not even about health u could literly be eating more and getting the same results as before so it would just be stupid not to :)
>>
>>37970591
Something tells me you just have shit genetics bro. You also must not have any muscle mass.

>>37971149
Why is that? Is there some kind of threshold around that calorie range where the same rules don't apply anymore?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.