[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Part time jobs for exercise purposes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: pallet.jpg (7KB, 185x110px) Image search: [Google]
pallet.jpg
7KB, 185x110px
Does anyone here just work a physically taxing job part time as a means of exercise?

I have a relatively cushy day job in healthcare, and even though I spend most of the day standing I don't really lift anything that weighs over 5 pounds on a regular basis.

Anyone have some ideas for a good part time job to help keep in shape?
>>
>>37944691
>T.dyel
Dont get a job that fucks with lifting recovery because it helps you """stay in shape"""
Just eat an appropriate amount of calories, and get a job that is actually semi-lucrative
>>
>>37944691
Not as a means of exercise, but I often try to think of my work as exercise just to make it a bit less menial.
>>
>working a physically active part time job over the summer
>work capacity in the gym is gone
>tweaked my lumbar on heavy diddlies yesterday
fuck this shit
>>
I do manual labor, lots of it, despite having a masters degree in my field
>laborer
>degree in CE
>systems analyst and laborer
>grad in CE
>chief systems analyst and laborer

Doesn't matter how high up on the rungs you get, but if able and if time allows, help the people at the ground level and get your hands dirty- feels good man
>>
>>37944691
>mover
>roofer
>>
>>37944800
Every once in a while I leave the clinic and help unload courier orders, feels nice, but they only drop ship like 5-10 pounds at a time.

All of my lower-level co-workers still don't carry more than a few pounds of material at a time, except for when the nurses have to manhandle a land-whale, and I don't work near them.

I like working on my car, maybe an oil change technician?

>>37944809
My neighbor does moving, I might look into that. He always talks about being super beat after work.

Roofing seems like a pretty physically daunting activity too, all the ladder climbing and nailing and carrying shingles/paper.
>>
>>37944896
Work at a distribution center. Plenty of part time positions.
>>
Hod carrying for bricklayers
Its ok money and really hard
>>
>>37944955
IPS is hiring in my town for a part time job, seems promising. 25-70 pounds, sliding and lifting for 4-5 hours a day.
>>
>>37945277
UPS
>>
>>37944691
probably the best case scenario of this plan is that you gain 10 pounds in a year and have strong forearms, strong back, but you have all kinds of asymmetry, also walking around all day isn't good enough cardio
>>
>>37946002
this

I work at a physically taxing job, I thought it would be awesome, but it sucks because you have to eat so fucking much just to maintain
>>
>>37946028
This is concerning, I have pretty well defined calves and thighs from bike commuting and overall I'm slim but I have like no upper body strength to speak of, if all I got out of, say, a year of labor was a bit more forearm definition and some back development I'd be pretty disappointed.
>>37946002
How much more do you eat than average? I am gobbling down about 3000 calories as a mid 20s male.
>>
>>37946112
3500 to maintain
>>
>>37944748
>dig 2 foot deep holes in railbed all day with a shovel in a desert
>never been stronger or more cut

Pussy. Learn to eat and sleep.
>>
>>37946202
Did you do that on top of going to the gym?
>>
>>37946002

I work at a distribution center and I lift heavy shit all day long. I'm a manlet and I started off weighing 180 pounds...a year later I weighed myself and I was at 145. No good, dude.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.