[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I just starve myself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1286064002990.png (146KB, 300x359px) Image search: [Google]
1286064002990.png
146KB, 300x359px
So I've recently turned 18 but don't have a job yet. As such, I have basically 0 control over what comes into my home in terms of food, as I don't buy the food. I have another problem, however: I am skinnyfat. I don't want to be skinny fat.

Since I can only control the portions of my diet and not necessarily the nutrients themselves (although I have been asking for more vegetables in general and am cutting back hard on junk food) should I just eat extremely little and run a bunch? I can't afford the gym (again, no job) and I can't do pushups, so I was wondering if I should just skip dinner and lunch entirely in favour of a slightly larger breakfast and nothing but cardio for an hour in order to burn fat (I mean, I won't be getting much protein so bodyweight training doesn't make sense, also still can't do fuckall in terms of bodyweight training since I'm too weak to do a pushup).

But that's my story. What should I do, exactly? Aside from get a job, of course. I'm trying. Nobody will hire me for the hours I'm available, but I'm trying.
>>
>>37924607
Read the sticky you lazy piece of shit
>>
>>37924607
Get a job without "hours". Paper route for example.
>>
>>37924607
Unless your parents literally only buy popcorn and candy then simply eat less/more of the food depending on if you're bulking or cutting.

Protein is important and all macros are really but as long as you're trying your best you'll make some gains.

Just do your absolute best to get as much protein as possible, if you don't get 0.8g/lb of LBM then that's ok, just try your best to do so.
>>
>>37924631
Not OP, but my parents would literally stop buying healthy food whenever I started losing weight. My obese mom would take it as a personal insult I think. Combined with my brother having some serious food autism, that usually meant dry pasta with a hamburger patty for dinner most days. No vegetables.
>>
>>37924663
>Combined with my brother having some serious food autism, that usually meant dry pasta with a hamburger patty for dinner most days. No vegetables.

That sucks but that's not terrible bro.

That's much less than ideal but you can still lift and do what you can with that. That's what I'm saying.

If you can't train/eat optimally, eat second-best optimally that you can. Do everything you can, if your parents are fags, get a job, get a paper route, shovel snow/ rake leaves to buy whey protein, oats and ground beef or something.

Do what you can man, yeah it sucks, yeah it stinks but you have a goal, and you do everything that gets you to your goal as possible.

If your legs are broken, so what? Your arms work, use them. Just do what you can man, all that matters is the result, work for the result
>>
>>37924696
You're preaching to the choir. I just took over the cooking at home and humiliated my mom in front of my grandparents so she would start buying better ingredients. Just saying that I get where OP is coming from.
>>
File: bodyweightroutine.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
bodyweightroutine.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
>>37924607
You can and SHOULD do bodyweight work even if you can't do pushups or don't have a lot of protein. There's variations you can do until you can do a full pushup.

Burning fat without doing any kind of resistance training will only turn you into a skeleton. Follow the program in pic related, do 30 minutes of cardio twice a week, and just be mindful of what you eat. Your body will use what it can get.

also,
PLEASE READ THE STICKY YOU LAZY SHIT
>>
>>37924607
Just go running in the morning and drink a tall glass of milk with lunch and dinner. It'll be months before you see progress but the amount of effort you need to put in is only like 20-30 minutes in the morning.

Thats what I did when I was 18 and in the same boat. I was 128lbs and my parents only bought junkfood like chips and cookies and "healthy" food like salads and and microwave stirfry dishes.
>>
>>37924607
op it's too late this year but next spring start a garden. spend the fall and winter months researching and grow vegetables very inexpensively next year.
>>
>>37924751
Ah true.

I used to be in the same position so it really rings home for me. I had the same problem and I used to just use it as an excuse to not lift when looking back I could've made a lot of gains during that time if I at least went instead of being like "Ok I'm not getting 1g/lb protein with my parents food, might as well not lift at all"
>>
File: 1467915215049.jpg (358KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1467915215049.jpg
358KB, 1000x1400px
>>37924607
Read the sticky dude.

Let's see, if you eat usually 2000 calories a day (random no.) and you break it down into 3 meals is kind of the same if you eat that 2000 calories just at breakfast.

I suggest you try intermittent fasting, if you eat a lot of junk shit do the 24h one. Read up on it it has been proven to be healthy and great for weight loss.

Do not do shit like "hurr-durr I am not gonna eat for 2-3 days". That's stupid and won't help at all. Your body will go into starvation mode after 64-72 hours of no food intake, which means you might start to lose muscle mass as well.

24h intermittent fasting:
Day 1
>eat a light breakfast, not to fullness like a fucking pig
>don't eat anything and don't drink any shit for the next 24 hours. You can drink coffee, tea, water, the former two without sugar. Coffe will actually make it worse as you will feel more and more hungry, so stick to water and tea if you can.
Day 2
>have a light breakfast
>do the same as on Day 1
Day 3
>eat as you normally do

You can do this once or twice a week, but I suggest you ease into it by doing it once, then twice. If you can work-out in a fasting state too, helps a lot.

Other shit to keep in mind:
>Do not go all out and do it all month, this will mean you are not eating for 20 days just breakfast. I actually did this and while lost a lot of weight I felt like ending it.
>In the long run you will have to eat better, leave a lot of shitty food behind. I suggest you talk with whoever you need to in that regard, have a serious conversation.

Read this blog as well, fuckin' awesome stuff, and science not just "muh protein, muh meat, muh X shit" http://gettingstronger.org/diet/

Gl mate, you gonna make it.
>>
File: 1467240936647.gif (2MB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
1467240936647.gif
2MB, 1200x810px
>>37924762
I do not have access to a pull-up bar.

>>37924611
ok

>>37924629
No paper jobs in my general area, subsidized housing. Am searching for jobs without hours, though. Thanks for suggestion.

>>37924809
Understood, will probably invest birthday money into a hoe and fix backyard up a bit.

>>37924804
How long did it take for you to be able to run four kilometers without stopping?

>>37924894
Alright. How long will it take for me to get accustomed to feeling hungry? I hate going through the day with my stomach growling at me. The sensation I don't mind, but the sound is embarrassing.
>>
> Can't do a pushup

> doesn't wanna do strength training

You need to build muscle. At your incredibly weak state, your body won't burn shit for calories so starving yourself will acomplish anything. Ask your parents for a gym membership and tell them you want to improve yourself. If that doesn't work, do bodyweight shit until you can actually do something. Even if it's just wall pushups.

You will always be skinny fat if you have no muscle, unless your auschwitz mode. Neither are good.
>>
>>37924607
apply for food stamps.
As long as you say that you don't share food with the rest of the people you live with it'll be super easy to get.
>>
>>37927375
this, actually. niggers do it all the time.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.