[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hit my head at work...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: headpic11.jpg (66KB, 932x800px) Image search: [Google]
headpic11.jpg
66KB, 932x800px
so i work retail, unloading trucks and stocking product. last saturday i was stocking some shit and bent over to put it away then stood up and banged the back of my head fairly hard on this metal shelving. i didn't pass out or see stars or anything. the next day at work it started to ache a bit and bugged me off and on. that night after work i went to the er and he examined me and said everything seemed ok and diagnosed me with a closed head injury. the next day i called in with a doctors note and relaxed at home. since then i've had an off and on almost constant headache varying in severity, with some pressure near the back of my head and sometimes in my forehead, and soreness as well. my neck gets stiff and so does my upper/middle back. other then that and the anxiety over worrying about everything, i don't have any other symptoms. went to a walk in clinic for a follow up earlier today. she did the same tests (check pupils, touch my nose, etc etc....) and she said everything seemed ok that since its been so long i don't have to worry about shit like internal bleeding, just to take it easy and wait for it to get better. i kind of wish they had given me a cat scan just to put my mind at ease that it isn't something more serious but if both docs i seen didn't recommend it then i guess it wasn't needed. wonder if i do have a concussion or if "closed head injury" is another word for concussion. for the most part i don't feel that confused or out of it, just a hair more tired then usual. has anybody else hit their head and had soreness, pain, and headaches for some time afterwords? sorry not trying to treat y'all like my own webmd, just want some reassurance and help to stop worrying over this.
>>
File: 2nbhytf.jpg (37KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
2nbhytf.jpg
37KB, 392x500px
>>
>>37917143
sorry, i accidentally my paragraphs and indentations a bit.
>>
>>37917124
Id start doing neck strengthening exercises once you recover. You probably have a strained neck or a pinched nerve. Do light neck rotations and some cardio and see if it gets better.
>>
>>37917179
see thats what i was thinking. could a strain/pinch nerve also cause moderate throbbing headaches in the back of head and forehead?
>>
>>37917124
Are you burgerstani? If so sue your employer for not ensuring a safe work environment. If you're not then hit them for workers comp and get treatment.
>>
>>37917179
and i'd love to go bike riding again but not if it's gonna worsen my headache/concussion or w/e i have.
>>
>>37917212
Oh and you've probably got a concussion. Symptoms can continue for up to a week. If it's longer than that the definitely go to the doc again and get some sort of imaging done.
>>
>>37917212
it's walmart. and i never filed incident report.....well the day of the accident i didnt hurt at all and felt fine and just kept working like a fucking dumbass. two co-workers saw and heard it happen and i ended up telling another department's manager about it the next day because i almost went home due to the aches. the next day after the er visit i called in and told a manager all of what happened, she asked why i never filed a report that day, and also said she couldn't guarantee that they'd accept my doctors note and not give me an attendance point. so...i've told one or two members of management but haven't filled out any official incident report so who knows...
>>
>>37917192
Yeah man. Go google some begginer neck exercises you can do without weight and see if you can jog or something without getting those symptoms. Youll feel better afterwards. If the head jarring of jogging/running hurts do something like biking. Cardio does alot. I guess if it keeps hurting for another week go see the doc again or post here (lol)
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 303x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 303x276px
>>37917262
Get fucked lol
>>
>>37917262
File a accident report, now. Just tell them you hit your head again in the same unsafe work environment and now are getting aches lol. If they want to jew you out of a attendence point then jew them back.
>>
>>37917310
maximum overjew....i can dig it.
>>
>>37917262
Oh and take pics of the metal shelf just in case. Make sure you show in detail how high it is and how its perched overhead precariously in a hot environment where you need to unload cargo for hours or whatever. Just go full blown Goldstein
>>
>>37917262
But only use the pics if shit gets ugly i forgot to mention
>>
>>37917352
it didn't happen in the back unloading area it happened out on the sales floor stocking shelves.
>>
>>37917124
holy shit I don't have the attention span to read this
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.