[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Basic Training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 055.jpg (24KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
055.jpg
24KB, 500x375px
Hello, /fit/ I rarely post, so forgive me for any mistakes etc.
I'm shipping on October 24 to OK for Army Basic training. I've gone from couch potato to where I'm at now in a year. I need to crush the APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test). My current stats are at 16min 2 mile run, 55 push ups and 50 sit ups. I can pretty much pass it now, but I'm scraping the minimum. To Max it i need 80 push ups and 80 sit ups (both two minute time) and the two mile run needs to be 13:00 or less. Anyone familiar with any plans to get me there? I have approx three months so that is plenty of time. I've googled ways to increase reps, but I am looking for a solid plan to follow. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch, you're all very helpful anytime I ask.

tldr; I'm in good shape, need to be in great shape. Need to reach 80 sit ups and push ups and 2 miles in 13min. Looking for a plan. Thanks.
>>
>>37851323
I think the most sensible thing to do
would do push ups, sit ups, and run, 3-6 days a week
since all you want to do is crush the test in these 3 specific exercises
you should just repeat them, and eat like a human being
>>
One thing that really helped me on situps was planks. Get you one of those big inflatable balls, and do planks with your elbows propped up on it. Roll it around, front to back, side to side, circles, etc.
>>
>>37851377
>>37851368
Thanks! I usually do atleast a 2min plank every workout ill try and do the workout ball thing that sounds like a good way to get my side abs
>>
>>37851444
to improve running try HIIT sometimes
>>
>>37851323
>run 2 miles at 7 one day
>run 2 miles at 7.2 the next time
>7.4
>etc
>>
>>37851478
What units are the 7, 7.2, etc.?
Are you referring to mph?
>>
>>37851323
book one lesson with an experienced trainer
build a program.
The difference between a well built HIIT program and "just running and doing pushups" is amazing.
>>
>>37851535
yes
>>
>>37851323
You're already too late
You'll want to train to at least a minute above those times because you are going to be sick as fuck at basic, everyone will get every virus anyone else has, so plan to do better than "at" the maximum
>>
Hey OP, I found that I got the biggest jump in performance for the APFT when I started following a good PPL routine desu, an emphasis on shoulder and triceps for push days. That really helped me on my push-ups.
As for sit-ups I switch it up, 80 sit-ups without my feet being held followed by 40 crunches and 40 obliques each side, well I've increased how much I do now I recommend starting there. And then you know stuff like leg raises, declined sit-ups, flutter kicks, actually having your feet held and timing yourself.

As for the run, I run some with a friend of mine who is faster sometimes for like 3-5 miles usually, hop on the stationary bike with a good resistance for like 5 miles to help build leg endurance.

That's just some stuff that I feel has personally helped me OP. Tbh the guys in my company who seem to constantly crush it don't even really work out.

4/25 represent
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.