[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tax Credits for being /fit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1464496872386.png (71KB, 255x207px) Image search: [Google]
1464496872386.png
71KB, 255x207px
I brought this up in a recent /fph/ but figured it was worth it's own thread. Prove right.

So as you know, here in Burger Land we are struggling like our poor mobility scooters with our increasing weight.

With the rise of Fat Acceptance and the general failures of such vague abominations as My Pyramid and My Plate there needs to be something done to actively stave off america's expansion before she reaches critical mass and implodes.

The solution? Tax Credits.

Two possible systems that I pulled out of my ass:

Base Rate: Anyone who pays taxes can go get a physical to measure their BF (fuck BMI) and if they can certify they are below 20% BF, which is still a bit overweight but nothing awful, they are entitled to a permanent 5% tax credit so long as they can prove their BF maintenance below the threshold annually

or

Progressive Rate (really placate and encourage the fatsos):

Every one interested in the opportunity can apply for the credit, however if you're morbidly obese and can prove that you're actively dropping weight from physical to physical your tax credit could increase from a minuscule .25% starting at 30% BF and increase by 1.25% every 5%BF you drop. meaning that if you were proven to be 10%BF you could have an income tax deduction of 6.25%. Congruent rates would apply to those with appropriate BF percentages.

Furthermore, the Govt could grant a nice $50 bonus credit for consecutive years of weight loss or maintaining a BF below 20%

Children could also be a source of such credits for their parents.

Progressive rate would be barred from fatties not losing weight and instead scrounging up the extra income after say two years of weight maintainence?
This could be the solution guys

>/FIT/ TAX CREDITS 2016

Clearly I'm no economist.

Thoughts?
>>
>>37842968
It's a nice idea but it will never happen.

The liberals will find a way to make it racist and shoot it down.
>>
>>37842976

THIS,

MUH DISCRIMINATION.
>>
>>37842968
Don't insurance companies already do this sometimes? My Dad's workplace had annual physicals for insurance cost purposes.
>>
>>37842968
Not a bad idea really. I don't see it passing but I'd like it.
>>
There'd be an AGI phase-out and it would only benefit low income families. That's not something that's easily verifiable either. Not the worst idea, though. I think a more realistic alternative would be an misc itemized deduction for gym fees.
>>
File: 1465005859832.gif (1MB, 446x469px) Image search: [Google]
1465005859832.gif
1MB, 446x469px
>>37843141
Go anon this is the OP here and i'm genuinely interested. probably fagging myself here but: What's AGI? (american government initiative??)

Id think BF percentages would be far more accurate and easy to verify than BMI because if I recall correctly, Zyzz's bmi would be obese however it wasn't no cheeseburger that clogged his heart.
>>
Why not a Sugar Tax?
>>
>>37843044
Obamacare negated that, no previous condition can negatively impact your health coverage.
Private healthcare does indeed do that, not smoking, not being obese, etc etc.
If you're a 20 year old male with none of the above, you can get coverage for as low as 8 dollars a week in some jobs.
>>
>>37842968
I like it, but make it less than or equal to 20% for dose high test grills
>>
>>37843175
Adjusted gross income
>>
>>37843211
It's regressive and doesn't work.
>>
>>37842976
fpbp strikes again
>>37843211
Too vague
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.