[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rest Days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1467917028072.png (55KB, 281x355px) Image search: [Google]
1467917028072.png
55KB, 281x355px
>/fit/ convinces me I need to take rest days (usually do heavy cardio)
>decide to give in to peer pressure and sleep in
>sense of impending doom looms over me the entire day

what the fuck
>>
Do something then.

Read The Histories - Herodotus (Oxford University Press)
>>
You don't really need rest days unless you work your whole body every workout.

Your upper body is resting on leg day and vice versa.
>>
I'm all for rest days because if I don't go to the gym for 3 days all my lifts magically go up so there's not even a need to convince me.
Still, if your lifts are increasing and you feel at 100% there's no need to rest just because the internet told you so. You should know your body and lifts well enough to be able to tell if you're getting enough rest or not.
>>
>>37839672
Doing cardio is literally a rest day.
>>
>>37839672
what's your program like? if there's not actual high intensity involved, you can do something like one day of active rest (jogging/swimming) for every two hard cardio days.
That's what i used to do when I was strongly into MMA.
>>
Been feeling pretty rough on my joints
Haven't taken a rest day I a while, increased volume, high weight.
Lifts went down today, but they were all lifts I'd already done that week. Twice
Is this actual strength loss or am I too sore/trained too recently that I'm damaging myself?
>>
Roid
>>
>>37839990
Shameless self bump
>>
>>37839672
See a therapist. You're fucked in the head if you can't do what's needed to improve.
>>
Can I just walk for 30 mins on test days?

I've been doing PPL and 5k couch on rest days and I'm feeling weak lately. I can feel it in my wrists
>>
>>37839672
>rest days

Yeah OP, the body doesn't need to rest whatsoever, tell you what do 3x5 of heavy deadlifts for 3 days a week i bet you won't need rest when you lift on monday morning, cuz your fuckking CNS seems to never get tired, i bet you don't even push youself hardenogh to the point you get CNS overload.
>>
>>37839990
Probably. You could try switching to high volume low weight when you have already done heavy weights 1-2 times that week
>>
If you don't feel like you need rest then you're either on gear, have top 5% of genes, or you aren't pushing yourself hard enough.

Chances are that you aren't on gear, and you have typical genes, so you likely need to push yourself harder. Your specs may be impressive in some areas more than other people, but you should be focusing on what's impressive for your own body. If X weight with time under Y time under tension is easy then you should increase both variables until you have to dig deep for those final reps.
>>
>>37839672
m8 you'll just get sleepy and then you'll wanna stay in bed instead of going to the gym thats why you need to sleep
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.