[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a person stay fat while running 20+ miles per week? I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1442299364551.png (354KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1442299364551.png
354KB, 800x800px
Can a person stay fat while running 20+ miles per week?

I know based on calories it's technically possible, but is it likely?
>>
>>37804344
If running 20+ miles per week and you're still on a calorie surplus, yes, you'll stay fat/get fatter.
>>
Yes. 20 miles isnt even that long. After youve ran 20 miles for a couple of weeks you might be able to complete 20 miles in around 4 hours. Thats around 2000 calories worth of cardio. Concidering it only took the person 4 hours to complete as well it shouldnt even take time away from eating. My guess is the personshould be running at least 80 miles per week to be guaranteed not staying fat.
>>
>>37804449
I see, so on the order of 10-12 miles, 6 days a week?

I calculated it at the site below and 12 hours at a 12 min/mile pace is like 2200 calories at a weight of 220.

I assume you're right, it would be pretty hard to stay fat burning that much per day.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/improve/calorie_calculator/
>>
>>37804492
wtf why does /fit/ hate cardio if that's true?

Why would they hate something that burns more calories the fatter you are?

That seems like something fatties would desperately need.
>>
>>37804767
>fatties are trying to lose mass
>skellies are trying to gain mass
>lifters are trying to gain mass

Its because about 2/3rds of fit are trying to gain weight, not lose it. Its harder to bulk of you burn a bunch of calories just from cardio. Not knocking cardio, just giving you reasons why it may be avoided
>>
>>37804344
easily senpai, assuming you ran the same distance every day you'd only need to eat 400 calories over your TDEE to gain weight (assuming that a 3 mile run will burn 400 cals for you, varies on weight)
>>
>>37804344
>Can a person stay fat while running 20+ miles per week?

Yes.

Especially if they're dogging it at the same distance and same pace every day.
>>
>>37804902

>implying /fit/ is a perfect 2/3 ratio

no

/fit/ doesn't hate cardio. there are plenty of running threads.

but i never really understood how eating more to compensate for calories burned via cardio is difficult... but i'm fat at heart, i have a hard time not eating 10k+ calories a day. i have no sense of satiation. it's gone.
>>
>>37804954
What do you do, just run a ton?
>>
>>37804954
Skelly mode here

I struggle to put down 3.5k calories needed for my bulk. I've put on only 20 pounds this year and it feels like I'm eating all the time
>>
>>37804954
I didnt say fit hated cardio fatass. All i was doing was giving reasons why some people on fit may not like cardio, then i gave two types of people on fit who would probably not do cardio because it would make it harder for them to achieve their goals of gaining mass.
>>
if you're fat and running a lot of miles, chances are you'd get injured first. the human body isn't made to lug all that weight around on a run
>>
>>37804972

i used to. daily for 8 years. but i haven't run in several months, focusing exclusively on lifting just cause i enjoy it more. i've just been a food junkie my whole life.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.