[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tip for training bjj techniques alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: bjj_bros.png (1MB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
bjj_bros.png
1MB, 960x639px
New to bjj, training body before that for over a year, good physic. How can I train alone bjj techinques after returning from gym, and what tutorials do you use. I have found, this one:

Gracie Combatives link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkUO9Gw5S1s&index=1&list=PL780EE52177E0B383

and

Stephan Kesting - A Roadmap For BJJ
>>
Lol wasting calories rolling on the floor with other men. Congratulations hungry skeleton.
>>
File: top banter.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
top banter.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>37649692
>wasting calories rolling on the floor with other men
Sounds like a good way to spend time. I bet you like females too, faggot.
>>
>>37649684
You can't train a martial art alone for the same reason ching chong dances are a fucking joke.
>>
>>37649692
Not OP.

Its fun. N-no homo.
>>
>>37649684
Glad you've taken up the glorious road of grappling, anon.

2nd Dan Judoka here, you can't really train techniques at home very well, especially if you've just started and you don't have good technique yet, you'd end up drilling some bad habits.

My advice is to keep lifting when you're not rolling, when you get yourself to a good enough level (say, 3 stripe blue/purple belt), get yourself a grappling dummy and start doing simple drills with that.

The Gracie Combatives is an ok system, I think Kesting's is better, but both only really work well when you have a partner to train with.
>>
>>37649770
From what he said I get the impression that he hasn't taken up the road and is trying to learn solely through youtube.
>>
>>37649684
>alone
You wont learn shit
>>
>>37649788
You're right. I understand BJJ can be pretty expensive, but it's worth it to actually get good.

OP, don't try and learn it alone, I should add to my previous posts that Combatives and Kesting's stuff only really works with an experienced partner, if you're both new to it, you're just gonna know a few techniques that you can only do badly.

>>37649791
Pretty much this.
>>
File: VWFqx.jpg (42KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
VWFqx.jpg
42KB, 480x270px
>>37649770
Thanks! Will check Kesting. I also have a brother, can I use him as a grappling dummy?
>>
File: koga-2.jpg (364KB, 675x506px) Image search: [Google]
koga-2.jpg
364KB, 675x506px
>>37649816
Get to a club dude, if BJJ is too expensive for you, learn Judo, it's notoriously cheap and is fucking brilliant.
>>
>>37649816
Just do judo. It's a shitload cheaper, most PCYCs, YMCAs and all universities will have a judo club. You'll get much better takedowns and basic to good newaza depending on the club. In any event it'll be enough that you can actually use bjj tutorial as a suppliment since you'll have a feel for ground work.
>>
>>37649788
No I am rolling in class, but next 3 months will be only sparing, because it's end of season, while crew is experienced.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.