[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calisthenics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 56.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
56.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
New to /fit/ not sure what your idea on calisthenics is but tell me, will I ever gain any weight with that? I am pretty skinny and from what Ive heard its harder to grow than with lifting weights.

My story: started about a year ago for a couple of months, was able to get from 0 pullups to 3 sets of 10 pull ups. but didnt rly get weight and didnt observe a visible progress. then I stopped

Now I am exercising again but still have doubts if I it's worth it- this time I am eating a bit better but still not sure if it's just the diet thing or if doing only bodyweight exercises does not allow much growth?

ye inb4 >go to gym. but If possible I would like to stick to calisthenics.
>>
>>37607374
You will gain some weight, but once you adapt enough without progressive overload you won't get much bigger. There's a lot of things you can do to make a certain exercise harder as you go along though, you can take it pretty far. But will you get HYOOGE? No.
>>
>>37607404
ok but getting in a shape like guy on the pic is possible without gym oris it a lie?
>>
>>37607515
fucking christ
>>
>>37607515
You will gain strength, but probably not mass IMO
>>
>>37607515
Guy in pic doesn't look natty (i think), and you definetely cant achieve that with calisthenics
>>
>>37607536
thanks, seems like I will have to stop being asocial and start going to a gym. I hate the time wasted traveling there tho (would take almost an hour for me right now)
>>
>>37607562
think of it as part of the training brah

maybe you can bike there or something when you go cutting
>>
>>37607589
I already bike to work a few times a week and I dont really need any cutting with my skeleton body.
>>
>>37607562
Dude, I fucking hate people but I still make it to the gym. Helps if you have a hat you can use to kind of block the view. I pull mine down pretty low, don't care if I look like an edgey retard I just want to workout in peace.
>>
>>37607634
yeah but to have a good form I would prolly need a buddy for the start, right? cant afford a personal trainer
>>
>>37607678
Nah man just watch videos. I've never had anyone spot or form check me and I've survived a year and a half of lifting so far. Just be smart, start with a bar and don't ego lift. You'll be ok breh. If your form is off the lift should feel weird.
>>
also, whats up with the kettlebell hype?
>>
>>37607775
What's wrong with kettlebells? They're good for recruiting a lot of muscles. They aren't the be all end all of fitness but they aren't useless.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.