[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have some questions related to the sticky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Alright, so I feel this is gonna be a long ass post so if you feel very altruistic and magnanimous today please read this trough and help a guy who is thinking about getting big and strong.

So I've never been in shape or fit. Neither have I've been extremely fat. I've always been around my BMI(?)(IMC in Spanish) but lately I've been thinking about getting some muscles and in shape lately and so I came here because I don't know where else to go and I really hope you anons are kind enough to guide me. I don't even know if what you guys preach here works or not but I literally don't know where else to start.

I tried going to the gym a couple months ago but after a month I stopped because it was expensive and I felt no difference in my life except that I was lifting a little more weight and I had less time in my day.
I don't have a diet. I eat mostly what I can find. I think I have a fast metabolism because I've been eating everything I wanted all my life and never paid the consequences.

As I said I wanted to get in shape so I went here and read the sticky but it left me with a couple of questions in my head.

1- ¿What do I do to lift train if I can't go to a gym? As I said, the one here is very expensive and I don't think I could afford going.
2- ¿What diet should I follow if I want to get big and strong? I guess there are some online but the majority of them are stupidly specific and complex for me to follow.

I think those are my 2 primary concerns. If you guys can answer me and maybe give some advices on a starter I would like to start getting into shape. I was thinking about doing the sticky "Rippetoe's Starting Strength revisited "

If needed I'm an 18 yo soontobe 19 boy around my BMI with little to zero muscles.

Thank you indivually in advance, I feel lost and seeing as how some people here claim to be making progress and encouraging one another I felt like you guys could help me out.
>>
>>37485098
Read the sticky you blazing faggot. Go to a gym. Count your macros.
>>
>>37485230
Wheew thanks. You even read the post?
>>
>>37485254
I did. My answer hasn't changed.
>>
>>37485264
I can't go to the gym and I don't know what to eat to gain mass. Im just asking for advice after I read the sticky
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2560x1656px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2560x1656px
How much were you paying for gym membership?
I'm curious how much you count as "too expensive," as you could potentially just save up some cash and get yourself a barbell and weight set (~$100 for 150lbs where I am).

In terms of diet: aim for one gram of protein per lb of body weight, and fourteen times your bodyweight in calories to maintain your weight (+/-300 to gain/cut). Plenty of greens should suffice for vitamins, but multivitamins help if in doubt.

Best of luck
>>
>>37485098
>1- ¿What do I do to lift train if I can't go to a gym? As I said, the one here is very expensive and I don't think I could afford going.
Hm, i guess there aren't many options then. If you want to do Starting Strength you don't even need that much, so you could buy the stuff you need. But i'm not sure if it is cheaper than a year membership. At least it is not where i live.
>>
>>37485337
If I remember corrrectly it was 30 €/month
I paid it 15 first 15 at the end. To some or all of you may not seem like a lot but I can't actually afford that every mont. Thats exactly why I asked, could I get weights for myself and do it in home?
>>
>>37485414
Hmm, a new set of weights would probably end up being around that much anyway. Suppose you could try looking around on a craigslist equivalent or thrift stores for a cheap set of weights, or just fill a sack with rocks/sand and use that while you save up for an actual set.
That's maybe $10/100lbs from a hardware store or less if you can just salvage rocks and own a scale to measure it.
>>
>>37485513
But even if I could afford the equipment what would I need to buy?
>>
>>37485513
Are there any plasma centers near where you live? Selling your blood's a pretty easy way to make some quick-ish cash.
Or try flipping things from thrift stores at pawn shops/high traffic street corners: finding old, vaguely valuable things, cleaning them up, and selling then for more than you bought them.
>>
>>37485589
A barbell set going up to at least 150 lbs should last you at a month or two, assuming you're around 120 lbs and fairly out of shape.
As you progress, you can continue saving more money and buying more weight.
>>
>>37485597
It's illegal in my country to sell blood and I don't see myself stealing stuff. I know I can get money I jsut want to know what I would need to excersice at home so I can balance wether to suck it up to the gym or get the equipment isntead
>>
>>37485589
Literally just a barbell, or even just a few kettle bells, and you'll need plates to put on the barbell
>>
>>37485686
why kettle bells and not dumbbells?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.