[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inner chest workout?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1420051680260.jpg (22KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
1420051680260.jpg
22KB, 600x630px
I've been doing a lot of fly's and pumps lately and can really feel my chest growing

However it's mostly the outer wings of my chest that seem to be enjoying gains, the middle stays pretty unaffected

Is my form just bad or do I need to do other shit for that area

srry 4 noob questions
>>
File: 1464685993942.jpg (258KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1464685993942.jpg
258KB, 2048x1536px
No such thing as an inner chest dude. Your pecs only have 2 muscles. Mass naturally gathers in the outer regions of the chest faster than the inner portion of your chest. Just keep working out and make sure you have a balanced chest (focusing on incline exercises ect.) and your chest will fill out over time.
>>
>>37479946
I see, maybe I've been in too low of a degree previously, I'll try pushing the bench up a bit

Thanks man
>>
>>37479903
svend press.

you're welcome
>>
>>37479903
Anything where you move your arms all the way across the midline of your body instead of stopping above the shoulders. Mostly cable cross-overs. The pec-dec can also work if you make sure to squeeze the handles hard together.

>>37479946
>No such thing as an inner chest dude
This dogma needs to die. Different exercises cause hypertrophy in different parts of the same muscle. This is well established by now and it's honestly not even controversial anymore. The bodybuilders were right all along.
>>
>>37480965
source?
>>
>>37480980
>source?
I've seen at least 5 studies reaching that conclusion at this point. Cba finding them for you though. Try searching pubmed for regional hypertrophy or nonuniform hypertrophy if you're interested.

As far as my exercise recommendation goes that's not from the litterature, but you can do your own study right now; Place fingers of right hand on inner part of your left pectoralis major. Perform maximum transverse flexion of left shoulder. Feel the contraction under your fingers. Simple.
>>
incline bench press with barbell then dumbell
>>
isnt it mostly genetics?

some peoples pecs are just far apart
>>
>>37481048
These exercises aren't ideal for the inner part of the pecs UNLESS you actively focus on squeezing your arms inwards in the top of the movement.
>>
Reverse grip bench, standing underhand flyes, and taking two dumbells and holding them together (squeeze them whilst doing this) and coming down to touching just below your neck, keep your arms tight and pressing. I guess it's the close grip press
>>
Do dumbbell incline, at the top of the movement, press the ends of the dumbbells together and squeeze, contract inward as hard as you can for ten seconds. Do 3 sets of 5-8 reps with moderate weight after a push strength movement.
>>
>>37481026
I just did a quick and dirty search of pub med and a few other data bases. I found a single study of 11 people that claimed to show regional hypertrophy and then a few papers postulating on possible mechanisms for it. The two other studies I found that were looking for non uniform hypertrophy didn't find it. The elbow Flexor study showed no difference in protein synthesis across the muscle.

So post these studies bro. I'm interested.
>>
>>37481116
You know, if I could find it in as little time as you just spent searching, I wouldn't mind looking it up for you...
Anyway you can probably find some sources here...

https://www.strengthandconditioningresearch.com/hypertrophy/regional-hypertrophy/
>>
>>37481194
Awesome. I'll crawl through its reference studies when I get on my laptop and see what they have to say.

That was the first link that popped up when I googled it but the url looks like a scam supplement site so I disregarded it. Thanks for posting it man.
>>
Bump

I have same problem. More exercises brehs
>>
Please tell me the name of so called ''inner chest muscle''.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.