[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Juice Fasting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: not me.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
not me.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
so I recently watch a documentary on Netflix (fat, sick, nearly dead) the guy had great success by only having juice for 60 days, im currently at 268lbs and 6ft id like to get down to around 200 pretty quick and feel better as well
>>
Damn I forgot to actually ask the question, have any of you tried it? how did it work out?
>>
>>37469298
a diet is not a quick fix
it's a lifestyle change

and no, you won't make it
>>
>>37469369
oh yeah, im ready to make changes just wondering if this would be the right starting point for me
>>
Well I haven't done it but if you choose the stuff properly (lots of different berries and vegetables, avoid excess fruit) it should work. Obviously you're gonna lose lots of muscle mass as well.

Also you're referring to a morbidly obese guy which you are not. He probably didn't have too many daily responsibilities either.

Also imho a fruit fast has the worst of both worlds, that is, it's not an actual fast (as you're consuming lots of sugar), but it is severely lacking in important stuff like fats and proteins. So if you have the self-discipline, why not go on a very low-calorie diet that has some solid food?

If fasting interests you, try 7-14 days with water and salts only.
>>
>>37469427
what type of low cal diet would you recommend? im ready to make big changes im 30 years old and really want to get my shit together im also quitting smoking and beer when I start the dieting
>>
>>37469383
no, bad starting point
>>
>>37469456
have you read the sticky?
>>
>>37469456

Look man extreme low calories is HARD. It's easy to believe you'll make it when you haven't started but there's a big risk in trying shit like that, you might end up worse when the cravings set in. So I wasn't really recommending it, just pointing out that it'd preserve your body better than juice only.

You're not in that much of a hurry so preserve youd mental health and ability to work out and function normally. Quit the beer now.
>>
>>37469499
yes I have, but like specifically a diet would be nice
>>
>>37469534
yeah bro the beer is also of empty calories I know....
>>
Hey fatbro, there is a diet that has specifically been written for people exactly like you.

It's called protein sparing modified fasting. psmf for short. Lyle McDonald wrote a short book on it, but the premise is extremely simple.

It's a super low calorie diet where you eat nothing but the minimum amount of protein needed for your body to not lose muscle. So you'll lose mainly fat and not muscle. As a fatbro, you want to maintain as much muscle as possible, it'll allow you to eat more calories and not look like a skin bag once you've lost weight.

If you do some research you'll fine out exactly how much protein you need to consume for your body weight. As well as protein, you supplement a multivitamin and fish oil.
>>
Fat sick and nearly dead guy went from 310 to 210 and then bounced back to 240, which is where he remains now. He's still overweight. That's the brand ambassador for the juice fast movement.

Diets only have about a 20% success rate, long term. You need a plan for the rest of your life.
>>
Juice diets can work, give it a go, your gonna need discipline though. I started with it whilst already pretty lean, as an alternative to spending time cooking food in our cramped kitchens on the barracks. Feel much better than when I used to eat stir-fry every meal. Better off avoiding fruit though, its not meant to be a treat. Most of mine are broccoli, spinach, nuts, kale, greens, carrots and cucumber sometime with yeast extract or hot peppers thrown in.
Basically tastes like shit but fills you up.
MRW juicing for first time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkZFuKHXa7w
>>
>>37469662
that's still a 70lb total loss even after the bounce back.....id be ok with that
>>
File: nattyG2.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
nattyG2.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>37469298
Juice is one of the highest GI foods there is. Juice is evil, it takes away the one redeeming quality of fruit: fiber. I would honestly prefer to not eat anything for 60 days instead of terrorize my blood sugar.
>>
>>37469888

You'd be better with a slow, permanent weight loss, followed by lifting and a slow bulk, and then another cut. Stick it out for three years and then reevaluate. Don't take the short road, it will make it harder.
>>
The truck driver guy lost 200 pounds on the Joe cross juice fast and
Then
Gained
It
All
Back
>>
>>37469543
A diet is not some routine that you follow for a few weeks. You're thinking of "fad diets." Diet is a term to describe your eating habits. You need to fix your diet forever. You need to eat less. You need to eat a moderate amount of fats, focusing on good fatty acids from avacados, olive oil, nuts, and peanut butter. You need to cut back on simple carbs (sugars, like in juice) and start eating whole wheat and grains. You need to eat lean proteins. You need to eat an appropriate amount of fruits and vegetables. You need to stop ingesting fast food, junk food, and soft drinks. And again, because it's most important, you need to eat less.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.