[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Spreadsheet and tracking general/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1397955202978.png (13KB, 457x196px) Image search: [Google]
1397955202978.png
13KB, 457x196px
Alright /fit/, I'm graduating from SS to Candito's Linear, and I've used the SL app to track SS up until now. But that's not really applicable now, so I'm gonna make a spreadsheet to track my progress.

Only thing is, I have no clue what to include, or how to structure it.

I'm thinking the exercises along the left hand side, going down vertically, and the date going along horizontally at the top. THen under each date, a column for the weight lifted, and the reps missed.

THoughts? What do you guys include in your spreadsheets? Post pics?

>Discuss spreadsheets, the most autistic yet effective way to track progress
>>
>>37454469
What does it matter? Do you think the structure of your spreadsheet correlates to better gains or what? You just include the bare mininum that you want to track.
>>
>>37454484
Because I'm gonna be on this program for at least a few months, and I'd like to be able to look at my progress by the end of it.

Besides, excel is crazy powerful, and a lot of people on /fit/ use it for this exact reason. I wanna see what I can learn.
>>
>>37454502

Yeah, but you're asking for the "best" way to track progress when it's really just a matter of writing down your lifts every day. How autistic are you? Just make a date column, exercise column, sets/reps column and a weight column. BAM, you're done. If you're doing the exact same exercises every workout you write them only once, vertically for example.
>>
>>37454526
>How autistic are you?
He says, while getting angry at me making a fitness related thread on a fitness forum.

Spreadsheets have been a thing on /fit/ for ages. I'm curious as to how others track them. You need to calm down, and let people enjoy the board.
>>
>>37454543

okay, we'll see how far this /spreadsheet and tracking general/ will go. good luck.
>>
I use google docs, not excel, because it's convenient to use on my phone in the gym, but same same.

I just do a column per exercise, one row per lifting day. That way I can easily add new exercises and plot weight increase on all exercises. I usually collate exercises that happen at similar weight ranges (e.g. my squat and BP) into the same chart. Unfortunately google spreadsheet sucks balls at plotting.

I also track calories, macros, weight, waist circumference, bodyfat caliper measurements and medication dosages administered in the same sheet, so it's all in one place.

google spreadsheets allows you to write functions in javascript, which is handy, so I have the lookup-tables and formulas for e.g. the bodyfat results all automatically computed once I put in the numbers from the bodyfat caliper.

My best protip: if you're making any kind of macros or you need any kind of static data, learn to use a SECOND SHEET! This is so useful. Any kind of intermediate computations like running averages you can easily dump there, or you can put a column in the second sheet with stuff like your height etc that you can then reference in any computations, if you need it. You can also put only plots on the first sheet and actual data to be filled out in a second sheet, keeps things neat and tidy.
>>
>>37454648

upload
>>
>>37454849
too much personal info in it, sorry. I can give the source-code for the functions I use to compute bodyfat and such tho, if that helps you any.
>>
>>37455069
(also, it's a bit shit and messy, with what I said, you can do better yourself anyway. The only hard part is beating the charts of google docs into submission, because they are fucking shite.)
>>
>>37455084
Thinking about it, I think I will actually make a new, cleaned-up version and publish it on /fit/ at some point, with better ways to enter data and see stats (and maybe metric/imperial switching). Will be a few days tho, I have a deadline coming up on the 9th and the 15th.
>>
File: cFZX4Oz.jpg (505KB, 1465x835px) Image search: [Google]
cFZX4Oz.jpg
505KB, 1465x835px
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.