[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The lifting fad explosion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Lift bro haha gotta lift dude lift weights lift bench press squat gotta lift to be considered a human being now bro.

When did lifting become such a fucking fad meme? Every fucking teenager/collegefag lifts now, from athletes to robots. It used to be something reserved for athletes, now its all anyone can ever fucking talk about.

Not running, calisthenics, climbing, biking etc etc... its only lifting. What is this shit? Why is lifting this huge thing now?
>>
>>37446950
>When did lifting become such a fucking fad meme?
Probably has to do with your social circle dude. I don't actually think you are correct though some people are interested in getting healthier.
>>
Stop bitching about it fat-ass. I'm glad people are starting to take an interest in fitness for once
>>
Social media has made the population more narcissistic. Its easy to post a photo with some hashtag and get likes. As for only sticking to lifting and not other sports, it's probably because its easier to go to the gym than to learn a new sport or find people to play with.

Don't trust my opinion though.
>>
>>37446950
More people lifting is a good thing, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>37446950
>summer
Weight lifting has always existed and its numbers have stayed roughly the same percentage of the population as it was ten years ago.

Gyms are big, gym memberships are at an all time high. The problem is these are
>cross fit gyms
>planet fitness
>aerobic gyms
What newfags would consider normie gyms.

You have to remember that 12-20% of the population lifting at some point, doesn't negate the 80% that don't lift.
Lifting is very much a minority in comparison to how much aerobic equipment is used by the populations in gyms.
>>
>>37447245
In terms of overall population, yeah the majority don't lift. I am talking about males between 16-30. Growing up you had a few that lifted, now its every fucking one of them.

It isn't them lifting that's bad, being in good shape is good for everyone, its the 'do you even lift, bro?" culture it has spawned. Nothing is more annoying than the faggot bragging about his numbers and basing his life around lifting, then talking shit and looking down on everyone else about it (despite everyone lifting already). This place isn't awful, but theres plenty of "do you even?" fags here. Like they have nothing else going for them except picking up weights so thats their entire personality now. Shut the fuxk up about it already.
>>
File: Buddy_christ.jpg (31KB, 370x284px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy_christ.jpg
31KB, 370x284px
>>37448117
I don't see it, maybe it's a city thing?
Like urban culture where blacks suddenly were playing football more than basketball.
My gym only has one of those "dyel bro" type of guys, some 17 year old who brings his girlfriend with him. He does curlbro, brosplit workouts for a few minutes while she does cardio and they both leave.
He is extremely arrogant, but besides him everyone else is super stoic or chill.
You get a good laugh every once in a while where x dude wasn't quite ready for a dead lift and fumbles and this old funny geezer always does a
>pic related
and says "I saw that!"
>>
see calhoun's mouse utopia. specifically "the beautiful ones"
>>
>>37448214
sick reference, bro

> MGTOW
>>
>>37446950
Blame cross fit. They do lifting and so it's surging in popularity.
Bob from the biggest loser is a crossfag and he's making those hamplanets lift on the show.
It'll only get more mainstream from here.
>>
>>37448248
not sure what mgtow has to do with what I said
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.