[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Qtddtot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 47

File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
How much does skipping a day hurt a regimen? I've been doing starting strength, been working well, but due to my gyms location and taking care of my daughter because her mom is fucking worthless I've had to skip a day here and there. I go right into it the next day, for example if I to skip my workout b I would do workout b the next day. Is this critical or will I be fine if I am consistent otherwise?
>>
:(
>>
>On cut
>Weigh myself
>225 lbs.
>Fat as fuck
>Eat breakfast
>Get back on scale an hour later
>223

scientifically, that is happening in this hour?
>>
>>37423769

Your scale is probably not that accurate.

Or you took a crap in the meantime and forgot to account for that.
>>
am i still a virgin if i fucked a guy in the ass but havent seen a vagina irl yet
>>
>>37423788
I wanna say yes.... so yes
>>
>>37423525
You're fine dude
>>
i need a new scale, pref cheap as fuck

please help
>>
>>37423788
No, anal sex is definitely proper sex.
>>
>>37423835
Thanks. Just wanted that reassurance and to start a thread
>>
Best exercises to develop traps (muscles not boipussy)?
>>
Milk yes or no? I'm cutting and can fit it into macros, but I swear I feel a little gut coming on from drinking it
>>
>>37424570

If you think you can make it fit, go ahead, but swapping to something like almond milk would give you way more flexibility in your caloric budget.
>>
How are potatoes for when you are bulking vs cutting
>>
Going to into SS. How important is a spotter? Also how important are the rack and bench or will I be ok at first just getting a barbell. Gym isn't an option
>>
>>37424144
I've found dumbbell shrugs work. I imagine most movements that use shoulders have a good chance of trap development
>>37424860
Spotters are a luxury, not a necessity. That being said, you should never try a hit a new pr (personal record) without one. Don't do weight you know you'll have shakey form with. If you're going heavy, and THINK you can bust out one more rep, dont. Only go for reps you KNOW you can push. The difference between thinking and knowing if you can hit a rep comes with time and experience, which is why spotters are good for beginners.

I would get a bench first, then the rack. The rack is basically like a spotter in the sense that you can go heavy and if you fuck up you can just set the weight down, and i already explained how a spotter isnt a necessity.
>>
>>37424860
I disagree completely with the previous poster on trying to hit PRs. Every lift can be failed safely without a spotter. Learn how, and you'll know how to truly push yourself.
>>
/fit/, is it lame to flex my muscles with my bros in front of the mirrors of the gym?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-13-03-52-34.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-13-03-52-34.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Do I really need to back squat, if I do squat stance* deadlifts and front squats?
*standing with legs just over shoulder width apart and arms in between, not sumo-stance wide

Also, do I need to do face pulls if I do cable rows with my palms facing up? Since the point of face pulls is rear delts and external rotation?
>>
>>37424842
Good for both, I find potatoes filling on a cut with relatively low calories
>>
I started 10ish months ago and i havent maid any progress in 4 months, im trying to cut but i live with my obese mom who actively discourages me from working out and eating healthy, should i just do body recomp? what program is best suited with that? should i do a 6 day ppl? or just 3 day full body.
>>
>>37425051
If you're cutting, 3 day full body. Give each day a lower move, a press, a pull, and 2ish accessory lifts you think necessary.
If you're cutting you should expect your lifts to stagnate eventually. And look into IIFYM to try to make whatever unhealthy shit you have available work for you.
>>
how much should I spend on a gym membership? What needs to be in their specifically?
>>
Core is becoming a weak point in my main lifts.
Thinking of hypermaximal front rack holds for high-intensity-low reps and Pallof presses for low-intensity-high-reps.
Yes?
>>
What should I'm stuck on the squat due to technique issues?

I've been lifting for three months and progessed fine from the empty bar up until 125lbs where it just became impossible to move the bar without killing myself and as I've found out I'm turning the squat into a good morning

Should I start over from a very low weight so I can build up the proper muscles?
>>
I thought having high insertions was good, so I was proud of mine despite never having actually worked out, I just lurk a lot.
Turns out having high insertions is shitty, but is there any actual benefit to having high insertions, or is it all disadvantage?
>>
>>37424963
yes do back squats u fckng faggot

Unless you legitimately have a physical problem that prevents you from squatting, then there is no excuse to back squat. Neither of those "replacements" fully replace squats.

neglecting back squats is something only done by retarded frat boys, total gym noob faggots, and fucking pussies.

Badasses squat.

So I guess if you dont want to be a badass at your gym back squatting 4pl8 that has the attention of everyone in the gym (given some years' practice), then dont back squat. Youll be called a pussy everywhere though
>>
File: mademoiselle.jpg (245KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mademoiselle.jpg
245KB, 681x1024px
>>37425559
As much as you value the gym. Going 3 days a week = 10 dollars; 5-6 days = 40 dollars; just look for the size of the gym since a packed gym is just plain uncomfortable, innit?
>>
>>37423769
read the sticky. it tells you that your weight will vary by 5 lbs throughout the day man.
>>
File: reaction.png (587KB, 625x918px) Image search: [Google]
reaction.png
587KB, 625x918px
>>37424860
bro having a spotter is very important. you generally wanna try to go up 5 lbs per week or 2. that being said. you can never go full out and do SS proper. the idea is to fail on your 6th rep.

>>37424896
your wrong. spotters is fucking important. wtf
>>
>>37424860
minimum is a bench that can readjust the rack so that you can turn it backwards and do your squats and OHP from it too

I did this but failing squats is super sketchy with no catch. its best to get a basic squat rack and a bench
>>
I need to get much faster times for a 1 km (0.62 miles) race.

I know muscle mass and explosiveness are important for the shortest runs (100m) and a disadvantage for the longest ones (marathons). I'm guessing they'd be good for 0.62 miles, right?

What kind of exercises would be recommended? Just general strength/bodybuilding stuff like squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc?
>>
>>37424860
>How important is a spotter?
Not important at all unless you like to do stupid shit on regular basis, such as attempting a high risk lift that you're not even 80% sure you can make.

>>37424963
You don't NEED to do anything. Do whatever you like. Exercises are tools and each exercise is suited for certain things. Always know why you're doing a given exercise.

>>37425559
Most gyms have the basics. I recommend you try different gyms over the years to try out different kinds of equipment and see what you like.
A bunch of squat racks, benches, barbells and heavy dumbbells are an absolute must-have.
Bonus points for weightlifting stuff, strongman stuff, gymnastics stuff, and exotic bodybuilding machines.

>>37426872
Only one way to find out.

>>37427095
Never take the big barbell lifts beyond the point of technical breakdown. Not only does it ruin motor learning and therefore strength gains, but you're also just fucking yourself because if you manage to get a weight up only because your cheated, then you only got stronger on paper - And then next session you'll even have to try to beat that "fake" lift, and then it's going to look even worse.
Don't try to lift a weight you're not strong enough to lift. Patience.

>>37427103
>high insertions
That's not really a term. Depending on what you mean by "high", it can be good or bad depending on the muscle in question.
>>
File: 1460327205973.jpg (72KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
1460327205973.jpg
72KB, 720x690px
My weightloss slows down extremely or just stops after 4-5 weeks. No im not sneaking in calories, there is no real explanation, it just is.

How long you think i would have to eat at maintenance to reset and get another 4 weeks? 3 days? a week? two?
>>
>>37427655

When you get smaller you start consuming less, so you need to cut calories more and more. There is no reset button, just getting fatter again.
>>
>>37427659
yea youre right
i mean im 66kg and eat 1.5k calories, losing 1kg/week before when i was at 72. Now im at 0. my TDEE is clealry down 1k calories.
>>
How does body recomposition works? Can I eat at manteinance and lift, without increasing my lifts and expect something?
>>
>>37427713
>without increasing my lifts and expect something?
No. The goal is to keep pushing up your lifts while only eating at maintenance. Over time body recomp will happen.
If you can't get your lifts up, nothing happens. Obviously actually getting your lifts up is the hard part when you only eat at maintenance and can take a good deal longer than if you're bulking.

Basically if you go from being able to do e.g. 4x8x100 to 5x10x120 then you can be pretty sure you've built some muscle in the process. If your bodyweight hasn't gone noticably up, then you also burned a good deal of fat in the process.
>>
>>37424144
Dumbbell Shrugs, barbell shrugs, hell even Smith machine shrug. Just do them on back day, really quick gains because of their insertion points.
>>
Barring buying and bringing my own microplates to the gym, what are my options for SS with plates only as small as 1.25kg?
>>
>>37423525
Beginner. Do I have to train my traps in order for them to not end up being small? I do deadlifts, OHP and bent-over rows but my traps never hurt after a workout. Do I have to start incorporating shrugs or something?
>>
OHP today, my left arm/shoulder lagged behind the right on the last reps.
Suppose i have some inbalance. Will it fix itself as long as i actually complete the reps or should i lower weight?
>>
Beginner power lifter here, Making some nice strength gains at the club i'm with but i seem to be having a issue when dead lifting.

I'm fine for the first few warm up sets but once i get to the actual reps my lower back/glutes are crazy tight and painful. I must be lifting with my back and not my legs which im working on but is there any way to ensure my back doesn't get to that stage of pain?

Sorry if i'm being retarded.
>>
http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/06/starting-strength-style-workout-take.html

Is this a good version of SS?
>>
>>37428786
Looks like just some variation of SS. Should work.
>>
>>37428558
Hurting doesn't mean anything. DOMS is just the side effect of handling eccentric loads your body hasn't yet adapted to.

If you're dead lifting correctly and getting in the shrug upward at the top of the press, your traps are being worked. In fact, at the top of the press your traps are what's holding the weight up.
>>
I use dumbbells and a bench only and am cutting. What is the best rep range for my main lifts? 6-8 cause on a cut or 8-12 since I won't be able to go as heavy as with barbells. Confused
>>
>>37428913
Oh, cool. Didn't know that.
>>
File: motorcycle_bed.jpg (82KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
motorcycle_bed.jpg
82KB, 540x405px
Anyone here ever have to dump their girlfriend to acquire gains with less distractions?
>be me, late 2015
>6ft tall, 190lbs
>awkward skinnyfat lank
Basically I started spending more time with my grill. I stopped doing SS, so so could sleep in and tap dat ass
>be me, now, in 2016
>6ft tall, 210lbs
>I don't wanna live this way
Help me, /fit/. I think I might love this grill, but she's a terrible influence. If I dump her, would I be following the proven steps of many /fit/izens?
>>
>>37429060
Why do you need to stop working out in order to fuck her? Are you railing her ass 24/7, can't you find the time to spare 40 minutes at the gym?

If she actually doesn't want you to go to the gym, she's bad influence. If you're the cuck who puts her first and neglects his workout, you're the problem.
>>
When you have a scab you're supposed to avoid putting lotion on or making it soft, right?

But when the scab is gone and there's just slightly raw red skin, what do you do? Put cream on or leave it?
>>
Never done weighted dips before, I can do probably about 15-20 unweighted. I say probably as I never do them from fresh, usually do 5x8 near the end of my workout

How much should I add at the start? 10kg? I weigh 72kg, 5'10

Also my gym doesn't have a weighted belt and shit so I was just going to put a dumbell in my backpack and dip. Would that fuck my back?
>>
Hi guys, I've been lurking for a while now and this is my first post.
Yes I've read the sticky a bunch of times.
Now my question is: where do I start if I'm skinny fat? I have a bit of a belly, but my arms are like 2 noodles, and I'm weak as fuck (my legs are strong tho)
So should I cut or bulk? I also feel like I can't start lifting weights if I'm this weak, maybe start doing pushups and shit like that?
>>
>>37430323
Trying to add a bunch of weight to your dips right off the bat is actually a common mistake. Consider the fact that even 7 kg is a whopping 10% weight increase.
Of course you can add as much weight as you like, just make sure you're not sacrificing good form or depth in order to do so.

>>37430371
Whether you choose to cut or bulk (hate those terms) try to stick to an energy intake that isn't that much above or below your TDEE. And be sure to get enough protein. If you're on a good program and focus on getting your numbers up, you will find that you can lose fat and build muscle at the same time.
Start with the basic barbell lifts, even if you have to use the empty barbell. It's the most efficient way.
>>
>>37423525
Whats better on a cut, SS or cardio?
>>
File: 1461979493688.jpg (39KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
1461979493688.jpg
39KB, 640x470px
>tfw go to the gym with a minor sore throat and cough expecting to squat 215 5x3 but barely get it up for 2

Why does this happen? Immune system tells CNS to be weak or something?
>>
>>37430481
Plenty of research done on this matter. Resistance training beats cardio every time.
More lean mass = greater BMR.
>>
>>37430491
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15656873
>>
When you started off, how long was it before seeing any sort of gains?
>>
Do I have to db bench? I love bb benching, do it twice a week, but I fucking hate db benching. Will bb bench suffice for development?
>>
>>37430513
That's not what he asked. He asked what kind of workout will burn the most calories. Yes, more lean mass means more calories burnt. But the act of doing SS will not increase his lean mass instantaneously or even at all during a cut. Cardio burns significantly more calories in a shorter period of time.

>>37430491
Do cardio but also do SS. You should always be lifting, but cardio will benefit your cut and your overall health.
>>
>>37430584
>>37430481
Fuck wrong person
>>
>>37430581
What routine are you doing? If you're doing a routine from the sticky like you should be, I doubt any of them tell you to do db bench. They work the exact same thing. It's like doing barbell bench again on the same day as barbell bench. Drop it from your routine and do flys instead.
>>
>>37430553
1 year. Bulk up, cut down, see the results. Hang in there brah
>>
>>37430620
I'm doing a revised version of PHAT. I'm not new (2/3/4/5) but I am a roider now and my understanding is db bench is useful on the juice. I just fucking hate it, it's not fun.
>>
>>37430584
>even at all during a cut
If he's doing SS then he's a beginner. If he's a beginner then he can increase his lean mass while cutting. Other than that I guess I agree with what you're saying. But my point was that having a higher BMR is so much more effective than trying to burn the fat off through increased activity (unless you go completely ham)
>>
>>37428988
Get a gym membership. Planet fitness is $10/month. My local community center is also $10/month. Shop around. To answer your question, find a dumbbell routine either in the sticky or through Google and do that. Don't try to make up your own shit.
>>
>>37430581
>>37430633
It comes down to how you perform your bench presses actually. The way I do my barbell bench presses really only gives me size increases in the outer and lower portion of my pecs for example. That means I need other exercises to work the rest of my pecs. For me, incline dumbbell presses done in a certain manner accomplishes that.

People tend to argue a lot over which exercise is better for this or that, but they forget (or don't realize?) that there is more than one way to do any given exercise.
>>
>>37430657
>Planet fitness is $10/month.
>>
>>37428142
What are you asking? If your gym has them, then you can use them. If not, you buy your own or use the smallest increments your gym does have.
>>
>>37430633
Oh I gotcha. Have you tried doing incline?
>>
I bulked for about 2 years, then cut from January-March. Then I didn't go the the gym at all from March to now. I've lost 35lbs since 2015 and probably 10lbs was muscle.
Should I go back on SS, or do a pushpull or what? How do you 'restart' your gains?
>>
>>37429060
Tap dat ass? Son, if you want to SMASH that ass you need to go straight back to SS. If you gee eff doesn't realise this, wait for a solid rest day and re-educate her.

Shit, half the reason I wanted to be strong was so I could throw chicks around in bed.
>>
>>37430638
>>37430638
No, you don't increase your lean mass from noob gains. Noob gains are strength gains from mastering form and adaptations of your CNS. If he's obese, he may see some lean gains. But if he's skinny fat like most of the general population, his lean mass won't increase at a deficit. Increasing BMR through lean mass gains takes months to years. It may benefit his next cutting cycle, but it'll do shit all for this one.
>>
I have a small amount of gyno and I'm a skinny dude (6'0, 153). Will bulking up and working on my chest alot make it "disappear"?
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 1080x1080px
>>37423525
Is there any specific foam rollers I should get? I notice there's some that are balls and some that are long like noodles. Some that are smooth and some witb bumps

Also where the fuck can I buy Liquid chalk in a store? Or is it m only online?
>>
>>37430553
Pretty quick desu. You get a lot stronger very quickly as your body adjusts to weightlifting

I also noticed a visible difference as you get a pump from muscle swelling post workout hat you obviously won't have had before
>>
How is 24 hour fitness? People seem to shit all over it on the Internet but is it really that bad?
>>
>>37430744
>Noob gains are strength gains from mastering form and adaptations of your CNS
It's true that neurological adaptations are a big part of the reason behind the rapid strength gains people see when they first start training. However that's not actually what "noob gains" refers to (although to be fair I suppose everyone is free to make up his own definition of what "noob gains" is).
Noob gains simply means that the further you are from your individual lifetime potential, the easier it is to make progress. If you have almost no muscle compared to what you can potentially hope to build, then building a bit of muscle will be quite easy and not take a lot of effort. And it's very doable on a deficit, albeit a bit slower than otherwise, of course.
>>
>>37430906
Anyone at all?
>>
I usually do 30 minutes of cardio before I lift. Is there any benefit to this? Is it better to do it after I lift? Someone at the gym told me that running doesn't actually do anything for the body and that I should be cranking the slope and walking instead. Any truth to this?
>>
>skip deadlifts for 2 weeks because I fell and hurt my ass out hiking
>return to them today
>went up by 15kg
?
>>
So, I'm 30

Is it too late to fix my forward head posture?
>>
>>37431295
Thats how str training work. Just do what you did but increase weights 2-5%, rest and try a new pr.
>>
going to take mdma tonight
>>
>>37431425
going to lift on monday
how will my lifts be affected
>>
File: swim_by_alan1828-d9y7bmz.jpg (80KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
swim_by_alan1828-d9y7bmz.jpg
80KB, 600x900px
I need answers on this:

What's the biggest deficit one can maintain while cutting without losing muscle? Considering that you:

-Get enough protons
-Lift heavy

I've been on a 600kcal deficit this week. Any more than this and will I be losing muscle?
>>
If I eat my normal caloric intake for the day and do like, 500 kcals worth of cardio and then eat 500 kcals of junk food, is it as if nothing happened?
>>
>>37423525
I haven't worked out in about 2 months due to doctor recommendation, but I realize that the only thing that is going to help my (very minor) condition is some minor surgery.
What % of my old 5RM weights should I be doing now? Do I just feel it out or can I start hitting pretty high percentage right off the bat?
>>
File: dmtry-Klokov.jpg (570KB, 788x697px) Image search: [Google]
dmtry-Klokov.jpg
570KB, 788x697px
Is a physique like klokovs only possible with roids?
>>
>>37423769
you weigh 2 plates. nice.
>>
>>37431448
20 to 25% caloric deficit of your tdee. If u can maintain around those percentages u will lose minimal muscle.
>>
>>37431658
lmao is this a real question?
>>
>>37431767

too high hopes
>>
HELP i think i fucked my wrist when i slammed it in a unrelated accident but the thing is i cant do lifts that involve grabbing shit with my hand anymore.

all of my other muscles are fine is there any way i can continue to train my upper body?

all i thought about so far is doing machine flyes
>>
Could someone remind me of the name of the clapping pushup variant, where your feet also leave the ground? Like, you maintain a plank into the air, instead of just your upper body going upwards?

I've tried google, but I cannot find any info on this exercise
>>
I'm 5'9 170lbs and kind of "thick" but not straight up fat

I don't mind my weight as it is if I can keep adding muscle and progressing my numbers

Can I keep my body fat percentage roughly the same on a 200-300 calorie surplus? I resolved to go on a cut but I' m realizing I'd rather focus on exhausting noob strength gains than just spinning my wheels trying to drop bodyfat
>>
I was fucking my gf last night (shes 14 im 21) and right b4 cumming she said she would love if I had bigger arms. I jizzed on her face and started thinking: what if im not big enough physically for her? I fear that I might have body dismorphia. How do i overcome it?

Also how to overcome stalled OHP?
>>
>>37423525
foam roll, when to use it?
prior to stretching?
after stretching?
>>
File: 20160603_203504.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160603_203504.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
How much protein am I actually getting from a rather generic whey protein powder? It say that there is 25g of protein per scoop, but how much of that is actually digested and usable by my body? I usually put 4 scoops in my shake for the morning and make up the rest of my protein intake through diet. Is this safe/effective?
>>
File: 1464037970261.jpg (15KB, 319x320px) Image search: [Google]
1464037970261.jpg
15KB, 319x320px
>>37432427

>This post

you're pathetic in like 20 different ways
>>
>>37432427
micro-loading has worked wonders for me in OHP
>>
>>37432499
You mean like adding 1kg or 0.5 kg plates? My gym only has 2.5 kg pl8 as lowest
>>37432479
Stay salty kv neet
>>
Let's imagine I'm a fatty trying to lose weight.

Let's imagine my diet is close to perfect and I eat at a strict caloric deficit and never cheat.

BUT let's say I only ever eat in the hour before I got to bed.

How will that affect my weight loss and overall health.
>>
>>37432452
>He actually 4SCOOPSCOMEONs
>>
>>37432543
Not at all
>>
>>37432427
>>37432427
>I was fucking my gf
cool story
>>37432427
>I fear that I might have body dismorphia
could be
>>37432427
>How do i overcome it?
lift
>>
File: wall-sit.jpg (72KB, 400x407px) Image search: [Google]
wall-sit.jpg
72KB, 400x407px
Why do wall sits?
>>
>>37432581
Dont you ever fucking reply to me again
>>
>>37432603
are you sure youre not the one who's 14?
>>
File: contemplative_jazz_music_0.gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
contemplative_jazz_music_0.gif
957KB, 500x418px
CAN you stay fit if you eat every other meal at mcdonalds. (Kcal in kcal out alreaddy taken into accouny)

Hardmode: get ripped eating mcdonalds every other meal
>>
Is there any point in going cocoon mode if I have no one to talk to except online friends and my parents?
>>
>>37432633
Positive
>>
>>37431961
please help this
>>
>>37432652
I eat mcdonalds everyday i just count my macros
>>
File: 1437325297135.jpg (973KB, 2700x1689px) Image search: [Google]
1437325297135.jpg
973KB, 2700x1689px
The way I see a solid routine is like a train that grows in strength and momentum as you keep consistent/dedicated. If you skip a day the progression starts to lose speed, but it's not totally ruined yet. If you aren't able to work in a day it's not the end, but try to pick up where you left off as soon as possible.
>>
>>37423525
I do this pretty often. Real life just gets in the way sometimes, as long as you're not jyst being lazy don't sweat it. What I do is never take the two days off as it is at the weekend in the MWF program - that way if I end up having to skip a day it's just a well-earned break that I needed.
>>
>>37432673
Wtf are macros?
>>
>>37432691
Is it summer already? Couldnt tell bc I never leave my basement
>>
>>37432691
>Summerfags
>>
>>37432673
you hit your calorie limits eating mcdonalds? how the fuck do you cut on that?
>>
File: what.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
How the fuck do I gain weight /fit/?
I have Chrons/UC
I read the sticky and it told me to ask my doctor, she reccomended I drink boost but that has way too much sugar to be healthy to drink 1-2 daily

>5'7 110 lbs
help
>>
>>37423769
Did you urinate?
Water is heavy...
>>
>>37432709
>>37432716
I thought this was Qtddtot, help a future lifter out
>>
>>37432741

Macros are macro nutrients, ie protein, carbs and fat
>>
File: 112b9660673.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
112b9660673.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>37432741
>Future lifter

Like that's gonna habben
>>
>>37424144
Smith machine or barbell shrugs for intensity.

Dumbbell shrugs for volume.

Doing "rich piana cleans" are great for traps. Basically just do hang cleans disregarding proper form using your upper body, especially traps to pull the weight.

Discovered this when i hauled buckets, and had to keep shrugging them up the chest height... Had CRAAAZY trap DOMS for days.
>>
File: 1462241841824.png (840KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462241841824.png
840KB, 1280x720px
>>37432754
Much appreciated, that being said

>>37432673
>Getting your bodyweights worth in brotein from mcdicks
>>
>>37424860
Never had a spotter (homegym, lift alone) and it has never been an issue.

I never establish a rep max above 3rm, except for deadlift..

This way i can always control the weight.

Press 135x4 and bench 200x6
>>
How much calorie deficit is too much? I'm currently at a 30-35% daily deficit but I don't know if this is too much. According to scooby you shouldn't go below 25%. My lifts have all still increased, except for my bench, which I failed the las rep on the last set. I take this as a sign that my body can handle it. Should I keep it up?
>>
>>37430481
Both.

But if you had to choose only one, ss is better.

But do both. Just keep the cardio anaerobic... I like barbell complexes for cardio... Hill sprints are great too
>>
>>37432775
>Doesnt know what macros are
>Agrees to being a summerfag dyel
>Criticizes someones diet

These are the people giving you fitness advice
>>
You grow outside the gym not in it. Most people would get better results if they skipped a day after every workout. Most programs I see have way too much frequency which is why they have to include deloads and shit like that, and why people get injured and get ill from trashed immune systems.
>>
>>37432819
Yes, but dont be afraid to start eating more calories (as in, a 20-25% deficit) as you lean out and gain muscle
>>
>>37427095
low bar or high bar, because if low bar that's a common feeling. are you really doing a good morning or is it just uncomfortable given your back angle?

either way, work on core strength and hips. and if your gym has a leg press then do that, too. essentially you're going to be doing supplemental work to hit the muscles used in the squat.
>>
>>37432664
Sounds like you already are cocoon mode anon

>>37432652
Macros and micros
Still not ideal for being healthy, obviously

>>37432597
If you're a middle aged woman looking to firm up your thighs
Muscular endurance

>>37432543
Meal timing doesn't really matter

>>37432434
People like to use them at different times
They're often used as part of a warmup to loosen up without resorting to stretching
I like to use them on off days with cardio and static stretches

It's probably better to roll before doing static stretches rather than the other way around

>>37432427
This post is fucking retarded

What weight are you stalled at?
If you can't press like ~60 kg, you just need to fix your technique and drop all accessory exercises and maybe eat/sleep more

Other than that, push presses and specific accessory work for weaknesses

>>37432272
It's not really a pushup anymore since you cannot propel your feet upwards with your upper body

>>37431637
Start at a weight that allows you to hit all of your sets/reps for the next ~2 weeks without issue

>>37431301
No, how would it be too late?

>>37431265
It's better to do extended cardio after lifting
You want to have all of your energy to perform well in the lifts and maintain good posture
You can burn off energy afterwards without worry

>>37431071
YMMV
Just make sure before signing up that they have the equipment you need and won't tell you off for puting down deadlifts or whatever you're going to be doing
You should be able to spot red flags before paying a dime

>>37430906
Just get a smoother one if you ahven't used them before, you can upgrade later if you see fit
Chalk ingeneral doesn't seem to be very common in stores

>>37430750
Yes

>>37430725
>restart
It's just starting all over again

>>37430371
Lift
Don't cut if you're not heavy

>>37430323
Why would you jump straight into 10kg?
Increase like any other exercise, small increments. Like 2-5kg to start
You can just hold a DB between your legs
>>
>>37432831
>macronutrients are the only nutrients that exist.

Are you fagtards truly this stupid?

Trans fat and sodium content, fagnigger.

How about no fucking fiber or micronutrients?

Eating toxic shit that has your goal of protein, fats, and carbs doesnt mean you are ""healthy""
>>
Why do the "underside" of my forearms hurt when I am holding dumbbells at my sides or a barbell near my waist? When I go to do barbell curls, or seated dumbbell curls, they hurt like I am twisting them wrong. When I set down the bar, the pain flares up and is relieved by turning my hands out.

What the fuck?
>>
>>37432850
Yeah, I'll keep track and adjust my calories, when I notice I'm fatigued or have any other undesirable effects.
>>
File: 19764-mad.jpg (66KB, 480x366px) Image search: [Google]
19764-mad.jpg
66KB, 480x366px
>>37432865
Do you want to know how I know that you are truly a newfag?
>>
What mobility should I work on if I cant go into a full squat position? I'm presuming hips and ankles mostly, is there anything else?
I'm also quite sedentary during the day so I'm wondering if I can get away with <30 minutes of stretching per day without moving much otherwise?
>>
>>37432893
Because i recognize nutritional science is more in depth than just "muh macros"
>>
>>37431961
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS
>>
File: CXnDzNFWAAA70wX.jpg (33KB, 552x805px) Image search: [Google]
CXnDzNFWAAA70wX.jpg
33KB, 552x805px
>>37432913
Bc you get buttmad really easily. We are all anonymous here, dont be a dumbass newfag. Next you're gonna tell me to meet you outside of Yorkshire pub

Also lurk more, you think you know shit about lifting but really it's just bro science.
>>
>>37432741
Read teh fucking sticky faggot

>>37432773
Shitty answer right here
The traps have multiple functions, not just shrugging (and shrugs are a shit tier exercise)

>>37432729
Eat more faggot
Listen to your doctor dumbass

>>37428750
Post form check
Post warmup and workload (including weights)
It's very common for beginners to move with their back and not 'load their hamstrings'

>>37428719
As long as you are using good form, it will fix itself over time

>>37427589
Specificity
Run more

>>37427103
High insertions of what muscle?
Sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about

>>37427095
Post form check
Work on bracing core properly

>>37426872
What makes you think so? Form check?
>>
>>37431961
I dont know, get straps or sth
>>
>>37432951
>nutritional science is just broscience
>>
>>37432936
what the fuck do you think we can do about that man? go to a fucking doctor, you probably have a wrist sprain

stop lifting ffs
>>
>>37423769

i have the opposite problem
>on cut
>weigh myself in morning
>193
>fuck yiss, lowest weight of my adult life
>take first shit of the week, it was a miserable hour to get it out
>weigh myself
>195

science is wrong
>>
>>37432960
You can retract the scapula with a shrug, if your grip isnt too narrow.

Also i didnt only mention shrugs, i mentioned "rich piana cleans"

Also if you get scapular retraction while shrugging, you literally are engaging the trapezius in both of its two primary functions.
>>
>>37432999
Cortisol
Glycogen
Sodium

Maybe you drank water before shitting
>>
>>37429042
not the guy you replied to, but check out the art of manliness videos on youtube with mark rippetoe. great instructional vids on the main compound lifts
>>
>>37432859
Cocoon anon here. I know I am but I mean as in ditching my online contact to focus on lifting and study without them as a distraction of sorts.
>>
im going to run on the treadmill for 6 miles is that ok /fit/? it'll only take me about 45 to 50 minutes
>>
>>37432998
the thing is that doctors dont care about gains

but if you suggest them something you want they might consider it

but they will never suggest themselves something to make me keep gains

like, they will never say "hey theres this thing you can try but its risky"
no they will go "just dont lift for 3 months till your wrist is cured"

and i want to have something to tell him "hey can i try this even if its risky??"

and maybe he will tell me "well, if you really really want to, that might work, let me explain to you exactly how"

please?
>>
>>37433069
No.
Aerobic cardio is the devil
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period

Do anaerobic instead.

Sprinting or barbell complexes or whatever
>>
>>37431265
the benefits of running can easily be outweighed by the stress it causes your joints. walking on an incline will strengthen your legs and make the workout more difficult without posing a risk to your ankles (or knees, etc).

for a while i would run after every work out and do extended runs on my non-lifting days, but i overtrained and wound up with a hurt ankle. so, i tried running less two different ways...at first just on my non-lifting days, but without getting enough rest between workouts (standing weighted workouts, like squats, deadlifts, etc, will exacerbate joint inflammation) i had to stop, so then i did it just on my lift days, but had to stop altogether to let my ankle recover.

so yeah, just stick with a challenging walk unless you're into sprinting or racing.

if you're looking for a good warm up cardio then use a rowing machine. best bet is to warm up for 5-10 minutes with cardio, lift, then throw in a 30 minute cardio session.
>>
>>37431743
stupid question, but is it possible to gain strength (not muscle mass, of course) and continue going up in lifts while on a 20-25% deficit?
>>
>>37431961
wrap your wrist with an ace bandage to prevent if from bending and do a workout. don't try for new prs or anything, just do a basic version of whatever you do. this time tomorrow check your wrist and see how it's doing. if it got worse, then no more lifting until you've checked with a doctor. if lifting didn't bother it then there you go. also, try using an ice pack on it tonight.
>>
>>37433009
But then you're not under load in that direction
This is like claiming that scapular retraction during squats are a good exercise for traps. They are not directly under load in anyhting other than the vertical direction.
Shrugs can be simplified to just 'up and down'. Adding scapular retraction as a focus is pretty pointless IMO when doing shrugs
>>
>>37423525
SS is every other day and rest weekends
>>
i've tried to break my habit of watching videos on my laptop in bed and snacking before going to sleep. i'm a snacker, for now i have to live with my late night food addiction. what are some good, healthy snacks i can munch on that won't rape my macros? are rice cakes any good? it's gotta be filling and it can't be celery or carrot sticks, or anything that has to be cooked (like popcorn)
>>
>>37433333
if you canty accomplish something as basic as that you are not gonna make it forget about it bro

enjoy the feeling of poison going down your throat since you will never enjoy a good body
>>
Why do I "deflate" so quickly after a workout?
I'm sure we've all tried to get an arm/chest pump before going to a pool party or something, but it only takes about an hour for my pump to completely subside and leave me with small and flabby muscles.
>>
Im currently quite sick, but have fuck all to do today. Its just allergies so im not contagious, should i nother going to gym or am i going to be too weak to put up any kind if meaningful weight
>>
>>37433410
get real muscles so you dont have to rely on props
>>
>>37433403
>good body
i'm not looking at getting <5% bf (i'm good with my ~15%), just advice on dealing with a bad habit. i was able to quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey, but snacking is harder for some reason (probably because of the mindless video watching) so i'm trying to eliminate its negative impact. who the fuck said anything about poison anyway? it's not like i'm stuffing my face with deep fried donuts every night, i just want something that's relatively low calorie and filling to munch on
>>
>>37433333
Waste of quints
>>
>>37433467
dont worry bro, lies and excuses cause muscular growth and fat loss...

oh wait, actually they dont, so youre screwed
>>
>>37433489
>blah blah blah
so, what i'm getting is you don't have any suggestions? k thanks
>>
>>37433435
Sucky workout is still a workout

When my allergies are bad a workout will sometimes make me feel better for a couple of hours
>>
anyone ever get financial assistance from the Y? Trying to find some clever ways to hide the fact I can easily afford $50/month
>>
>>37433333

Seriously?

Eat less during the day so those fucking snacks fit your calories
>>
>>37433604
Your health insurance provider, but im sure youve tried that already
>>
>Cutting at 500-1000 cal deficit for one week
>Start doing cardio
>Weight goes up by 0.5 lbs

Why
>>
>>37431658
The looks? Something close to it, sure, but you will probably have to lift for 10 years or so.

Strength-wise? Just forget it.
>>
File: 1464766773862.jpg (63KB, 500x657px) Image search: [Google]
1464766773862.jpg
63KB, 500x657px
Clean bulking (500Cal surplus) while doing PPL

Breakfast
3 whole eggs
2 slices of turkey ham
Creamcheese
2 slices of whole weat bread
1 cup of Milk
half avocado

Lunch
half chicken breast
3 cups of cooked rice
other half Avocado

Preworkout
half banana
couple gulps of milk

Post workout
half banana
apple
1/2 cup greek yogurt
2-3 cups of milk
1/2 - 1 cup of oats

Snack
Pork skins
Peanut butter
Nuts

Thoughts?
I hit my protein and fat intake rather easily but I cannot eat so many fucking carbs, I am dying.
>>
>>37432854
low bar

It's really uncomfortable but I can sort of squat the weight the way I'm doing it but it doesn't feel "strong" at all in the sense that it feels like I'm headed to snap city. My lower back hurts like crazy afterwards and I honestly barely feel any weakness in my posterior chain that would indicate I was doing any real work. I tend to tip forward a lot while squatting like this, and some autist at the gym pointed it out to me while I was failing a rep at 130 that I was rounding my back a lot and shrugging it up from my back.

It honestly might be just be a core bracing issue because I don't feel like I have any "push" and I recently learned that I need to push my core out and not in
>>
>>37433497
nope, im not used to such shit tier life situations, fi you want help on how to getting better starting from being a normal person then tell me
>>
Why is is said that starting strength is a meme?
>>
>>37433918
"starting strength is a meme" is a meme itself.
>>
What is a decent kitchen scale, the one I have right now i think is fairly inaccurate, willing to spend around 50 USD.
>>
File: 300.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
>>37423525
I keep seeing pic related at the store. I've never used protein supplements shakes etc. at all. Is this any good for beginners? Fyi I'm female so cgaf if it has estrogens from the milk, if it actually has milk in more than the name.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 640x474px
I have a bit of a trilemma.

Let me give some context without being too blogposty
-on cut
-intermittent fast
-doing 4xweek ppl
-mma junkie
Basically my fast doesnt end until after UFC starts today.
I am too poor to pay-per-view, so i go to the bar, and. Buy a $7 pitcher of beer instead, where i can watch for free, and slowly get a buzz on.

But i am supposed to train today... So my
question is whether i should rather
>consider today a rest day, and lift tomorrow for post-breakfast training
>break my fast early today, so i can train well fed and strong, before heading to the bar to watch ufc
>train fasted, and possibly lift less weight for less sets, making less gains

I dont give a fuck about the prelims, becUse i can record that shit on my dvr at home, only the maincard fights, so i have only like 3 hours to act.
>>
>>37433980
Learn to read a nutritional label, silly bitch.

What are your macros?
Will this help you fit them?
Is it affordable or otherwise beneficial compared to just food?
Is there any reason to buy this at all, besides real-life memeing?

Apply this line of reasoning to anything you plan on ingesting.

Labels arent hard to read
>>
File: whey.jpg (158KB, 735x715px) Image search: [Google]
whey.jpg
158KB, 735x715px
Does brotein really strain your kidneys or is just a maymay?
>>
>>37434129
It does! Imagine your kidneys as a filter and on one side there's actually negatively charged proteins that repel protein in your blood. The more protein in your blood, the higher the need for it to cross the "filter", as it's stated by the laws of thermodinamics. Though, you would need to consume ridiculous amounts of protein for it to cause an actual damage.

Hope you can understand it, english is not my first language.
>>
>>37434129
It does if you have insufficient fiber intake (protip: almost everyone but vegans do)

If you consume 130g protein, you want at least 60g fiber.

Replace rice with beans/lentils. Eat more salad. Lots of psyllium husk in your protein shake.

You basically want to encase most all protein (and sugar) you eat in a gelatinous goo of hydrated fiber.

This decreases protein bioavailability (literally why plant proteins are less bioavailable), meaning you poop out more nutriment... But it negates literally all detrimental effects of consuming high protein.

Also negates the detriment of sugar. But sugar is for children. Alcohol is the treat of the adult
>>
Alright guys I'm going to be making the skinny fat to built transformation hopefully.

I'm 6'2 180 around 20% bf, looking to cut down to about 165/170.

Since I have next to no muscle right now, cutting at 1k calories a day shouldn't be a big issue right? I'd like to cut down all the way before I ship to basic so I can take advantage of military chow.

Good plan?
>>
>>37434172
Thanks.
>>
>>37434179
Great plan, but lift too.

You might get some muscle, and linear progression out of it, which is nice, but more importantly it helps wi nutrient partitioning, leptin sensitivity, gh and test production, insulin sensitivity, and all kinds of other crazy factors, that will lead to an improved body composition.

Lifting weights is arguably as critical as diet for fat loss

It doesnt even have to be real lifting, if fat loss is your aim. You can do circuit training crossfit bullshit.

It's all anaerobic cardio, mang
>>
>>37427305
Not that guy but I plan on going three times a week. Only options at that cheap are Planet Fitness. My other options are a machines and dumbells 45 a month gym, and then a 35 a month powerlifter gym.

I ain't planning on getting big, I just want to drop weight, build a little muscle and get healthy. So I'm not sure where and how much I should spend. I don't make big bucks.
>>
if i've been doing shoulders for two months already and they refuse to grow, im gaining weight and using proper form, does that mean that i have shitty muscle insertions?
my clavicle is huge so i dont know if thats a factor
>>
>>37433685
Running gives you bigger legs
>>
>>37434253
35/month.

You will thank me later.
And since I wont be around when that happens, I will leave you with this:
>you're very welcome, anon
>>
I have a similar question. I'm going on vacation for a week and won't be able to lift. How much progress can I expect to lose, and is there anything I can do while on vacation to lessen the impact?
>>
>>37434119
>Can't bother to stop and read fine lines
>Ask online for a simple yes/no
I've got places to be breh
>>
I'm about to leave for a date, /fit/. I'm nervous, I haven't been on a date in over 2 years. Wish me luck
>>
File: 1376625528783.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1376625528783.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>be 5' tall 90 lbs
>been a lazy NEET for 8 years
>watch Jojo with BF, decide we want to get swole af
>start walking in the mornings, around a 2 mile loop
>BF buys me a fitbit to help me stay motivated
>start becoming a lot more active
>fitbit says I burned 1,900 calories
>my daily requirement just to maintain my weight is 1,500
>am burning calories faster than I can eat them
>want to get up to 100 lbs

How do I eat big? What are the best calorie dense foods? Should I just eat peanut butter out of the jar? Help I've never been fit before.
>>
>>37434333
Like shitposting on 4chan?
>>
>>37434389
Stop doing cardio and start lifting.
And drink a gallon of milk every day.
>>
>>37434389
Bread. Milk. Pasta. Fried foods. Greasy/oily shit in general. Ice cream.

Mix up milk, peanut butter, protein powder, ice cream, and a banana or two, and drink that shit.

Can hit 1,200 kcals in a large shake pretty easily.
>>
>>37434389
Buy a mass gainer or some chit.
>>
File: 1247061094915.jpg (9KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1247061094915.jpg
9KB, 384x288px
Okay /fit/, I'm about to start SS this next week and was wondering how many calories I should take in daily while doing SS, and if doing low intensity cardio in between days is okay? I'm 5'11" 190lbs if that helps.
>>
>>37423525
I'm still skinny fat after 2 months of PPL, would it be okay to drop every other Leg day to work on my upper body more?

Was thinking of doing PPxPPLx instead of the normal PPLxPPLx
>>
>>37434427
>>37434446
>>37434448
lol I pretended I'm a grill and got 3 replies in 5 minutes. You guys are pathetic.
>>
Is it okay to workout AND do cardio 4 days a week?

My current plan is to do SS 3 days a week, plus an extra day for accessories. On top of that, 20 minute cycling after each workout.
>>
Do antidepressants affect gains?
If so, what kind affect less?
>>
>>37434538
I am
>>37434446

Legit didnt read your post fully enough to know you claimed grill (i only half-read these posts since you tards always ask the same 5 basic questions, in different forms)

Also i only fuck men.

Get shit on, fgt.

If you really want to get /fit/'s attention, and the attention of homos like me, take a leaf out of trappy chans' book.

A feminine penis is literally a must.
Best of luck to you in your future troll endeavors
>>
would it be detrimental at all to split my workout and do it at 2 different points of the day?

Like half in the morning and the remaining in the afternoon?
>>
>>37434594

Keep your cardio anaerobic. And as long as it doesnt interfere with your strength progression, you can do it as frequently as you like.

So at first you can probably do cardio 4-5x a week, but towards the end of your progression, you are going to want to cut it out all together to milk every last drop of gains out of the linear goodness of SS before hopping on an intermediate program.
>>
File: 1376060012700.jpg (29KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1376060012700.jpg
29KB, 250x250px
>>37434613

I'm the actual poster of >>37434389

I actually debated whether or not to even post because every time there is even a hint of being female faggots like >>37434538 come out of the woodwork. Thank you anyway for your helpful advice, and to everyone else that responded too. I'll try to get some protein powder and make some shakes. Where should I look for good recipes? Google led me to a bunch of 'low fat' crap.
>>
Is there any way at all to boost beard growth? I know there's a genetic predisposition but would losing weight and lifting (increasing overall testosterone) help?
>>
>>37434640
Okay. Thanks.
>>
>>37434676

Literally just take a frozen banana, whole milk, maybe even chocolate milk, protein powder, peanut butter and blend that shit
>>
>>37434610
RIMAS are by far the best, both neuropharmacologically/toxicologically and for gains.

Shit is healthy as fuck.

I recommend harmine or harmaline.. They are super cheap if you extract them yourself (simple procedure, you technically couse use nothing but baking soda, water, and salt, but an acid helps - vinegar works)

Or you can get the pharmaceutical alternative, which goes by the name moclobemide.

Fun fact, moclobemide was originally developed as an alternative to ayahuasca for oral dmt activation.

Shit works wonders for anti-depressant, though (dmt arguably helps, though psychologically,mnot pharmacologically)
>>
>>37434691

Sounds great, thanks helpful anon.
>>
>>37423525
yfw spongebob has better form than 90% of /fit/
>>
>>37434676
>recipe
You mix a scoop or three of the chocolate protein shit, in with a scoop of ice cream, add in as much peanut butter as you feel like would taste good, pour in enough milk to shakeify the bitch.

It aint baking where you need a proper ratio of yeast to flour to sugar or the pastry wont rise...

You are mixing liquid goop of nutrients, in however tastes best to your preference.

You literally cannot go wrong.. If it tastes bad, you drink anyways.

Not that hard/10
>>
If I haven't hit my macros today, can I drink 3 scoops and be ok?
>>
File: WIN_20160319_14_12_58_Pro.jpg (55KB, 368x644px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160319_14_12_58_Pro.jpg
55KB, 368x644px
this is me and I want to become HUGE. Is 500cal surplus too much?
>>
>>37433093
>https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period

What the fuck is wrong with t-nation? This article completely contradicts the one you linked:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/do-cardio-keep-your-gains

They literally post whatever random bullshit they can come up with without even trying to be consistent. Last time I'm trusting them.
>>
>>37435078
Theres a five year span between those articles dude.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (120KB, 575x451px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
120KB, 575x451px
What resources do you have about facial hair?

Websites, blogs, forums, infographics, video series, advice, tips. Whatever.
>>
>>37435137
Then they could at least have the decency to delete or update the posts they've decided are outdated. That could actually make them a little trustworthy.
>>
>>37434706
>moclobemide
> "It is not approved for use in the United States"
>>
how2 fix upper pec asymmetry?
>>
I feel I am not losing much fat while lifting, and I am not taking many calories. What could it be?
>>
>>37435273
Whatever, buy some peganum harmala and extract it.

Manske is good but a simple acid/base extraction works
>>
>>37434389
If i'm not mistaken, fitbit is wrong about how many calories you burn
Use http://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/? for a rough estimate, and go accordingly from there.
i.e. if you eat x amount, and you're not gaining, then eat more. But remember as you get bigger you will need more, of course
if you want easy calories, brotein+whole milk, peanut butter, or dirty bulking while hitting your macros makes for easier calories
>>
How do I control my shits /fit/? My stomach always wants me to go while I'm at the gym and that fucking sucks. I want to get it out of the way before, maybe right when I wake up. Any tips?
>>
>>37434386
Good luck, lad
Tell us how it went when you are back
>>
>>37435999
Shit before you go?
>>37435396
How often are you weighing yourself?
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.1023666.jpg (482KB, 1160x820px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.1023666.jpg
482KB, 1160x820px
>>37435396
Try doing cardio

>>37434830
First thing - don't add 500 kcal in one day. Add like 100 kcal per week. Check how much weight you gain. You should gain about 0,2 kg per week. If you gain more, it's probably fat.

>>37434677
Yup, it can help, if you have predispositions to it. Being fat can fuck with your hormones. You remember those fedora fat guys with shitty beards? Do you remember those tumblrinas with shitty facial hair? Yup, that's effect of fucking with hormones by being fat. Get fit, get at least a bit better facial hair. Also - eat more proteins - those are things that beard consists of.

>>37434482
http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Check this. If you gain too much weight, cut some kcal. If you lose too much, add some. Don't change your kcals by more than about 50-200 per week. The slower you make change, the better it is for you.

>>37434386
You better give story. Good luck.

>>37434287
Do calisthenics or go to hotel gym. You won't lose much, if you hit macros well.

>>37434267
If technique, program, rest and diet are on point, then just give them more time or lift heavier.
>>
My lame ass gym's barbell cage broke down and now there are only benches for dumbbells and a smith machine. How do I do my SS routine without a free barbell setup?? Can I even do any of that shit?
>>
File: Fate.zero.full.1270783.jpg (2MB, 1748x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Fate.zero.full.1270783.jpg
2MB, 1748x2480px
>>37436123
Nice name.

>>37436225
There are not any other places to do some barbell lifting? If not, then why not change gym? If you really wanna to stick to that gym, then you can try doing same exercises with dumbbells or smith, but I won't recommend that.
>>
>>37436286

Well they said they're gonna replace it but it might take a month and I started SS like a few weeks ago now I have no idea what to do. It's literally the only gym closeby that I can afford. Fuck..
>>
Should your back be at an angle at the start of a deadlift or should it be parallel?
>>
File: Fate.zero.full.1168108.jpg (235KB, 800x861px) Image search: [Google]
Fate.zero.full.1168108.jpg
235KB, 800x861px
>>37436318
Well, if you are just starting, then doing things like press, bench and some rows (if you will do them instead of power cleans), should be ok, cause you don't need much weight and they will help you to feel muscle and work on stabilization.

Shit is doing squats and deadlifts. You just can't do them really well with dumbbells. Doing them with smith machine might be bad for your form. You can try of course.

Also - you might try doing some one handed deadlifts with dumbbell or pistol squats. I guess there are more substitions. Check web and think.

>>37436373
You mean if your back should be paraller to the ground? No. Don't wanna be rude, but did you watch at least one video about doing deadlifts?
>>
if this isn't health and fitness anymore where do i talk about health
>>
On my way to becoming a personal trainer. But I'd like to not fart around with clients, I actually want to help people achieve results. I've studied my textbook, now if someone could recommend some supplemental reading that would be fantastic.
>>
>>37430628
>1 year. Bulk up, cut down
bulk 1 year and after that cut, or bulk 6 months and cut 6 months?
>>
>>37434386
>>37436044
>>37436210

Date was disappointing. She's cute but she's 10 years younger than me and we have nothing in common. Also she uses phrases like "throwin shade" and "lit af" unironically. She's not a slut either so im gonna have to keep pretending to like her if I want that ass.

She's 18 so I know that pussy is fucking fire... idk what to do
>>
>>37436791
DO IT

girls are a meme anyway, it's not like they get more mature as they get older
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.1035691.jpg (236KB, 1126x490px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.1035691.jpg
236KB, 1126x490px
>>37436414
You can try on /fit/, I guess.

>>37436791
Is she really that hot, that she is worth investing more time?
>>
Will N excess calories consumed in one day be equal in weight gain to N excess calories consumed over 10 days? Does it average out?

I've realized I'm too low BF and a bit underweight, so I'm trying to do an agressive bulk and then get back to consuming my adjusted TDEE and I kinda just want to get this bulking phase over with as soon as possible.
>>
>>37436847
No but I'm on a very long dry spell
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.412966.jpg (252KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.412966.jpg
252KB, 900x675px
>>37436859
The thing you plan to do is not really good idea. When it comes to changing your bodyweight, it's always better to do it slowly. It's just healthier.

Also - you won't gain magically 10 kg over one night just because you will eat a lot. You will either have health problems or will throw up.

Even if you plan to do aggresive bulk, then eat a bit more everyday instead of adding shitton of kcal in one day.

>>37436876
Well, don't wanna stick in not my business, but wouldn't it be easier to just fuck random slut?
>>
File: 1460693720611.jpg (38KB, 541x640px) Image search: [Google]
1460693720611.jpg
38KB, 541x640px
Will the cutting reduce my max badly?
It's my first time cutting.
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.1197399.jpg (289KB, 989x700px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.1197399.jpg
289KB, 989x700px
>>37437118
Well, it will hurt, but if you won't do fast and crazy reduction, it won't be that bad.

Also, you will fast get your max back when you will bulk again.
>>
Will replacing lat raises with upright rows for the /fit/ GSLP achieve the same thing? Upright rows really hurt my shoulder.
>>
>>37436210
>If you gain more, it's probably fat.
Even if I am aiming for bearmode? Anywas, I've only been eating like that for a week, feeling great but it was surely a pain in the ass. Gonna rearrange my diet.

Thanks onii-chan.
>>
File: Fate.strange.fake.full.1217619.jpg (1MB, 1000x1453px) Image search: [Google]
Fate.strange.fake.full.1217619.jpg
1MB, 1000x1453px
>>37437500
I like you now, because bearmods are nice, but most imporant thing about them, is that they have a lot of muscle and are goddamn strength. If you have not a lot of muscle and strength, then you will be just walrus mode.

Look up for people like Mariusz Pudzianowski or other strongman. He is not exactly what you aim for, I guess, but he kinda looks like bearmode without fat, if you get what I mean.

Last thing - when it comes to gaining 0,2 kg, I was talking about natty gains, which I assume you are getting now. I don't know how much muscle you can get with roids.
>>
>>37436286
fuck you
>>
Got some gyno that is hormone related, if I cut to a low bf%, could it go away ?
>>
Are face pulls and palms-up cable rows essentially the same, since they both work the same muscles and external rotation of the shoulder?
>>
>>37437561
Yeah, all natty games for now. Thanks for the help, I might post again in a few months showing progress (or the lack of it)
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.1347970.jpg (263KB, 1300x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.1347970.jpg
263KB, 1300x2112px
>>37437658
I chuckled a bit. Why so angry?

>>37437762
It might go away a bit, but if that's hormone reltated, shouldn't you go to doctor with it?

>>37437808
Well, thay are not exactly the same. Each of them works out some parts a bit harder than the other one.
>>
I eat at a 1000 calorie deficit, but I am slowly gaining weight. Please explain.
Yesterday for example I had two (whole grain) cheese and egg sandwiches and a cup of yogurt for breakfast, chicken breast for lunch, salad for dinner and a couple of bananas and an apple as snacks. I also only ever drink water.
What is wrong here?
>>
>>37438368
Constipated? Holding water weight? Inaccurate weight measurements? Inaccurate calorie counting? Million possibilities. Keep going and measure again in a week
>>
File: 1463979757690.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463979757690.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>37437910
>>
>>37437910
Thanks. For the purpose of shoulder health to balance out all the pressing, are cable rows good too or does it have to be facepulls?
>>
>>37423525
How bad would it be to ditch flat bench forever in exchange for exclusively incline and decline? Or at least until I can bench 1pl8
>>
>>37433333

> 2016
> not snacking on thawed ice
>>
>>37438587
So your goal is to do 1pl8 bench, but you dont want to bench?
>>
>>37438793
My current goal is 1pl8 for reps, but I want to bench 2pl8 by this time next year. I just hate benching because I feel like a week bitch every time I load up less than a plate.
>>
>>37438826
I don't get it. You want to bench, but you don't want to bench. Please make up your mind.
>>
>>37438863
I want to bench, I just hate it because I feel like a weak bitch. I worded my original question poorly.

Is the only way to get stronger at flat bench to do more flat benching? Or can I forego flat benching for a little while until I get stronk?
>>
>>37438914
Flat bench is the best way to get strong
>>
>>37438923
Can I speed up my strong getting so I can not feel like a pussy faster?
>>
>>37438934
Your mindset is all wrong man. You're not gonna get strong overnight
>>
>>37438948
I know. I just have this dumbass belief that 1pl8 at least is the bench mark for not being 100% weak trash. So until I meet that I will hate myself.
>>
Can squat 315
1rm for benching is 1pl8
what do
>>
File: CfaM3esWsAAOzvi.jpg (65KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CfaM3esWsAAOzvi.jpg
65KB, 576x1024px
OHP before or after bench? I've been doing it after but would it depend on which I wanted to hit harder?
>>
>>37439011
Yes, but it's better to alternate.
Although I wonder wouldn't it be better to ohp first since that's the lighter lift
>>
>>37423856
Anal isn't proper sex it's pooper sex
>>
File: candito form.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
candito form.png
2MB, 1366x768px
Everybody says that when squatting, the bar path should be in line with "mid foot". According to deadlift tutorial videos, "mid foot" is just in front of the shins. However, when I watch squat videos and also examine my own form, the bar path seems to always be a little bit behind that, more like "mid leg" than "mid foot"...

Can anybody clear this up for me? Is the "mid foot" thing just a cue to make sure you don't fall backwards or something?
>>
sex question.
Im 19 and lost my virginity. I couldn't cum (we were going for 30 min)

The issue is, we did it after work tired as shit at 12 at night, the condom was a little tight and were were rushed (her dad was pissed)

the concern is, am i decentesized because of porn (i fap everyday to it) or is it because the circumstances were shit?
>>
>>37439267

it was also in the car
>>
>>37439267
Probably both. I had the same problem but it was under pretty comfortable circumstances, when I lost my virginity.
After a few months of regular sex and female interaction, and cutting down on porn, things got way better. I even feel like now the desensitization helped me last longer
>>
>>37439310
so i should worry less? Im kinda blue balled right now but i wount watch porn since i need to cut down, is this the right thing to do (i heard being blue balled is bad for you)
>>
So I think I messed up my form on most of my lifts today and I don't feel like I really worked anything. Should I still rest tomorrow? Or can I go back tomorrow to focus on form?
>>
>>37439225
At a certain point - you have understand and accept that people are physiologically unique, and no two squats are going to be perfectly the same. Following the foam advice of experts is important, yes. Safety is critical - and safety comes from good foam above all else. But when you are honing the last little details - it is important that you let your body talk to you. Does it "feel" good to lift one way? Does it "feel" better to do it slightly different? What are your lift results - and what do your muscles tell you the next day?

Interestingly enough, Canditio did a video in which he talks about "sitting back on his heels" verses trying to stay on his mid foot. He is completely upfront about saying he has always told people to do mid-foot, but that he recently tried to shift more onto his heels and it worked for him. I saw the video a week or two ago - sorry I don't have the link - but if you lurk around his channel a bit you can find it.

If guys like Canditio are refining their methods (and he did so based on what his body was telling him), then I believe we should always be flexible. For my part, I don't think there is a perfect theory on how to do a high bar squat that applies to everyone, just general guidelines.

My own issues are related to inflexibility, I think. Anyway, I'm not an expert so don't take my word for anything. I am only doing 275 on 5x5 right now, so I'm just a beginner.
>>
>>37439267
>wearing a condom
I swear shit makes it impossible to cum. I have my girl on the pill and creampie her everytime.
>>
>>37439267
i jerk off 1-2 times a day and i have no problem cumming inside a vag, you just have to be completely open with her energy and how you feel, youre probably closed off some how\

or gay

jk
>>
>>37439359
you should have sex more cause you cant cum if youre not relaxed, it has nothing to do with porn and youre an idiot if you choose to believer that. yes go bust a nut you loser.
>>
>>37439267
Stop watching porn and don't masturbate every day.
>>
>>37439359
Dude you're fine if you wait a week to jerk it. You're probably addicted more than blue balled honestly.
If you need porn to get off, then you're not really horny you're just craving a certain thing (porn)
>>
>>37439393
Thanks for the well thought out response.
I think I found the video you're referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flGqb_KF__o
It seems to be the other way around though, he switched from pushing off his heels to his midfoot and it felt better for him.

I totally agree with you though, everybody is different. Whenever I try to shift the weight forward a bit I feel weaker and less stable. My form feels right as it is.
>>
>>37439491
Yeah I was worried I had I backwards, thanks for not questioning my sexuality based on it. I also misspelled "form" as "foam"

I have been awake nearly 24 hours because some SJW bitch called in sick to work because she weighs 350 pounds. Fat hate is not just a thread lads. Anyway I"m off to fed for the night.
cheers
>>
are there any fairly reputable sites that will ship prescription drugs to the US? I'm in limbo waiting for obongocare and need my scrips
>>
>>37430906
liquid chalk can be found at most sporting goods stores, in the climbing section. other than that, it's not too difficult to make your own if you have powdered chalk on hand. it's basically just powdered chalk and rubbing alcohol
>>
>>37439095
what I thought but I think you'll be too worn out to lift heavy enough for bench after.
>>
Question: What do you think about coconut? Would you eat it during a bulk?
Are they a good fat source?
I'm currently bulking (beginner) and eat like 70-80g for dinner.
>>
If i am having trouble finishing my last set on accessory lifts should I deload and finish with proper form or call it a set and move on?
>>
>>37433885

>weat
>couple gulps milk
>pork skins

Kek
>>
At what weight should I start doing warmup lifts?
>>
>>37423769
tfw can't squat this guy.
>>
>>37424860
just look up how to bail on failed reps. look it up for every exercise you plan to do where it's relevant.
>>
>>37440243
you should always do it, unless you're just lifting the bar for working sets (usually just subpar female beginners).

the point of warm-ups is to warm you up. you need this whatever weight you lift, because you're still pushing yourself to the max, when lifting correctly.
>>
All right, /fit/, tell me, what the fuck is wrong with me:

>can do 4x4 pull ups with 40 additional kilos, bar to the chest, no bullshit
>however, using only my bodyweight I can only manage 12-15
>can do 3 sets of 5 reps curls with 60 kg bar, but can only manage 12 or so reps with 40 kg for one set
>working weight on benchpress is 145-150 kg for 5x5, but can only do 15 reps with 100 kg, even less if I've benched before
>OHP, 100 kg is 1 RM
>can only manage 8 reps with 60
>squats
>one session I'm squatting 170 5x5 with ease
>one week later I can barely manage 150 for 5 in 1 set

I sometimes literally feel like dying, especially during bodyweight pull ups, -- it's as if my heart doesn't contract with full force. I'm not even THAT fat (sitting at 90 kg, 183 cm). Did I fuck up my heart somehow? Can it still be fixed if I start running in the morning during rest days?
>>
I haven't bulked before and don't want to end up layering on the fat I just lost. From what I read you aren't suppose to bulk immeadietly and have to ease into it.

Can someone clarify?
>>
I hurt my back about a month ago fucking up a squat. The lower back pain was manageable in a couple of days so I powered through my routine for the next couple of weeks. It hurt more while doing them, but not nearly to the point where I couldn't add weight. When it wasn't going away, I decided to take a break from doing squats, DLs, and rows. I think it's gotten better but it's still here. I'd like to wait for it to be completely healed before reincorporating those lifts, but fuck. Muh gainz.

The pain is in my lower back, buttock, and inner thigh. All on the right side.

How can I recover faster and when should I get back to those lifts?

Additional information: been lifting for month and a half, still at pretty low weights.
>>
File: cVltYad.jpg (185KB, 1000x971px) Image search: [Google]
cVltYad.jpg
185KB, 1000x971px
how do i get forearms that look like they can impregnate someone just by touching them
>>
If I eat my normal caloric intake for the day and do like, 500 kcals worth of cardio and then eat 500 kcals of junk food, is it as if nothing happened?
>>
>>37445893
Overhand deadlifts.
>>
>>37423788
You lost your virginity with a dude
>>
>>37444170
>I hurt my back and powered through the pain
That's not "powering through" that's just called being an idiot
>>
So I have my GS planned down and it's:
A
bench, squat, curls and abs

B
Press, dlift, chins/pulls, calf raises

Question is: looking at my other exercises should I do chinups or pullups?

Also I wanted to throw in dips on A and pendlays on B, but johnny pain said to ditch them. What do you think?
>>
>>37423788
no, you just got confused about what sexuality is:

which is the act and practice of making babies

you just made shitty semen with another mental patient who has his brain wired wrong
>>
What percent of my 1rm should I be able to do 3x5 of? 80%?
>>
Need some advice on exercises that can help correct your posture.
>>
>>37447191
no, that is not sex
sex is vaginal with a real born girl
that is virgintiy
it is valued because it marks a man that can reproduce
meaning someone valuable to society

the kekful idea that gays can "lose" their virginity is fantastic
>>
>>37448107
chins/pullups are awesome and they should definitely be in your routine.
i'd say skip the pendlay row and add something like a facepull or rear delt fly 3x12-15
dips are amazing m8 but that's just my opinion
if you can't do them without pain maybe add some CGBP
>>
>>37448270
>>37448107
oops I misread, you can choose either chins or pullups and maybe switch it up every cycle
>>
>>37448207
Deadlifts or any kind of horizontal pulls.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.