[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 29

File: large.jpg (80KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
80KB, 500x517px
What's with activating almonds? Am I at some huge disadvantage if I don't activate my almonds?
>>
since the last thread reached it's bump limit I'll ask again:

Is it normal to be weak af the day after working out?
Usually I can do about 10 pull ups but the day after I can't even manage to pull myself once.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
what's the best use for these? They're called triceps bar but I find ez bars better for skull crushers due to the V-like shape which fits triceps movements better. Instead I use them for hammer curls.
>>
My fuck buddy has noticed my gains. She's been asking me whens that 6 pack comin in, I've been doin sit ups and crunches 4 out of 7 days a week for 5 months now and i cant notice jack, anything i should Add or do??
>>
>>37403860
Planks. Alternate between holding it and then resting.
>>
>>37403868
Will do, I've been neglecting planks
>>
>>37403767
From what I understand it means placing almonds in water for a period of time.
And memes aside I highly doubt you are disadvantaged
>>
>>37403807
Yes, your body is recovering, for me its usually leg day. My job requires for me to be standing alot (8+ hours) so even i feel it
>>
>>37403886
Planks seemed to be the factor for me when I started noticing real change, but I'm pretty skele to begin with so who knows.
>>
>>37403860
Cardio everyday
>>
Can you de-bloat yourself overnight?

Having a weekend away this weekend and want to look as lean as poss at least on the first day, but it's a mate's birthday tomorrow and he's going to a buffet... I wish I could control myself when I'm not 100% strict with my diet, but I know I won't.

So can I lose the waterweight I'll gain? How about using water tablets after eating and drinking gallons of water to not get dehydrated?
>>
>>37403983
>water tablets

We call those ice cubes.
>>
>>37404020
>ice cubes
We call those solidified dihydrogen monoxide cublets.

Also, I meant diuretics.
>>
>>37403767
>>37403906

Placing the almonds in water starts it's germination process which breaks down the almond more. It makes the body's job of extracting nutrients easier.

No you're not at a disadvantage.
>>
>>37403767
>>37404050
>almond germinating
Fucking retard vegans, almonds come roasted by default, unroasted almons are a little toxic, a country that can't sell fucking kinder eggs because retards choke on them would never sell unroasted almonds
Roasted almonds are kill, they wont germinate, soaking them will just increase the water content
>>
does having a high bodyfat percentage make it more difficult to put on muscle?
>>
What's an ab routine that I can do on off days? Typically I just do cable crunches at the end of my workouts but maybe it would be better to dedicate tuesday/thursday to abs so I can focus more on my compound lifts monday/wednesday/friday.
>>
>>37403983
Take a really hot bath and keep refilling it with hot water when it gets cold. Not hot enough to burn yourself but hot enough to be uncomfortable. Only thing not submerged in water should be your face. Do that for 30 minutes and you'll shed some water weight. Don't overdo it though or you'll feel like shit.
>>
>>37403983
anyone kind enough to offer a decent answer please?
>>
Recovering fatty here, was 6"0 265 lbs now 175, goal around 165

Been careful with food for ~2 years, liftan ~1 year (injury break included)

Doing ~1400 kcal a day, with half decent foods, i'm still lazy with the cooking.

I'm hitting a plateau and have no idea what to do, I havent lost any weight this month, routine is the basic SL 5X5 + ~20" cardio 3 times a week.

Lifts are shit, no point asking, Help /fit/
>>
>>37404162
http://fourhourworkweek.com/2013/05/06/how-to-cut-weight-ufc/
>>
>>37404161
so kind of like a sauna effect? that's interesting, thanks man, I'll look into it.
>>
>>37404132
No, totally the otherway

>>37404142
You shouldn't do it as your compounds need your abs, better have them fress when you do them and then work on then specifically after your compounds, if you do them on off days you will do a really high frecuency for your abs and they won't rest enough.
>>
Lateral raises or lateral holds?
>>
What happens when i stop taking creatine mid-bulk?
>>
Can I still be considered natty if I take DNP for weight loss only?
>>
>>37404185
but anon i need to know what your lifts are
>>
>>37404404
you lose some water weight is all
>>
>>37404430
No because it's not natural
>>
>>37403767
Is there any difference on getting normal weight plates, one with rubber on them and plastic ones filled with sand?

I'm leaning on the plastic willed with sand plates right now because they're so cheap. Should I go for it?
>>
>>37404675
weight is weight, mate. It's great.

Only difference is how likely they are to survive impacts, noise from the impacts, and just general quality and feel.
>>
>>37403848

Well, I use them for hammercurls

I'm thinking about incorporating skullcrushers instead of close grip bench press for triceps though
>>
File: 272.jpg (31KB, 430x534px) Image search: [Google]
272.jpg
31KB, 430x534px
Best exercises & stretches to deal with a snapping hip?

The popping whenever I lower my right leg is starting to get loud and saucy.
>>
>>37404185
>not losing weight
>doesn't know what to do
Reduce your calories or increase your exercise, retard.
>>
Did squats on monday. I now have a lot of hip pain on my right side. Did I do something wrong? I went below parallel. This was my 3rd time squatting. I did 60kg for reps. Started with bar and gradually went up in weight.

Can I train legs again today? Or should I wait until the hip pain is gone? How do I avoid this hip pain in the future?
>>
>>37404470

110 Bench (increasing once a week)
176 Squat (increasing every workout)
80 OHP stalling (stalling for 2 weeks now, will try to unload)
260 DL increasing (increasing every workout by 10lbs)

They are low since I started again from scratch 2 months ago bcos of broken ankle then studies ~8 month no liftan

>>37404906

Edgy !
>>
File: mjZ2eSi.jpg (4KB, 157x256px) Image search: [Google]
mjZ2eSi.jpg
4KB, 157x256px
>>37405051
this is about where my pain is, maybe a little bit lower.
>>
>>37405082
Are you divebombing your squats and losing tightness? I used to do that and once I controlled my descent managed to do 183 kg squat in meet pain free
>>
>>37404365
Raises - good form
>>
>>37405105
Yeah I kind of do. When I go up in weight, usually I can't keep my abs or lower back tight for the first rep, feels like its not ready yet or something. So then I do a half-rep for the first rep, and from then on out I can do full reps with tightness. Maybe this is because of a weak core, but I don't see how that's related to hip pain.
>>
>>37405051
>third time squatting
>60 for reps
You wanna snap yer ass, don't you?
You should niw feel your activated glutes dying.
Take a week off and reduce load on working reps next time. Take 20% off and check for results
>>
>>37405051
Is it sharp pain that you just can't get rid of no matter what you do?
>>
>>37405166
I am not in constant pain no. I only feel the pain when I do specific movements with my right leg, like standing up from the couch. Or the first few steps when I start walking. Or any sideways movements with my legs.

>>37405165
Yeah I will definitely reduce the weight
>>
>>37405218
Sounds like someone tore a internal ass muscle
>>
how bad is it for my body to delay my sleep, i have to drive somwhere thats gonna take me 6 hrs before i sleep and i just worked out 2hrs before, been awake 18 hrs
>>
>>37405370
>18 hrs

Permanent damage start at 48h buppo
>>
>>37405411
alright cool thanks anon
>>
I have a muscle spasm or something in my right lat, its been around for 2 days and limits my lower back / trunk mobility (though i can still hinge at the hips)

yesterday i couldn't do anything till i took an alleve, this morning it was only moderately annoying pre-alleve

should i skip todays squats/sldls? Should i do leg press/lunges/etc instead? Etc.

bear in mind that squats are basically the only thing holding my mental state together
>>
>>37405370
>i have to drive somwhere thats gonna take me 6 hrs
You are going to crash, anon
>>
At the end of all of my sets for the day should I go back and do reps until failure for each of them?
>>
Recently started lifting, been going for about three weeks. Lost some weight which I'm pleased about from eating lots better and lifting, but it's been three weeks and I'm not finding myself making gains or any sort. Just wondering when I should start seeing some improvement? I've heard people talk about "noob gains" - when do they start? Just feel like I'm doing something wrong.
>>
>>37405475
>Three weeks
>Expecting visible gains

Oh my sweet summer child.
>>
>>37405475
no progress visually or strength-wise?

Visually, it takes a lot longer than 3 weeks to see. Your lifts should be increasing in weight quickly right from the get go before slowing down after a few months.
>>
File: image.jpg (753KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
753KB, 2048x2048px
How do I out of fridge mode?
Need help guys.
>>
>>37405544
stop doing compound lifts
>>
>>37405516
>>37405542
Sorry should have clarified, I don't mean visible gains, they'll come when they come. I mean going up in terms of weights. I mean, I've been doing dumbbell chest press with 16s for like three weeks and not finding them any easier?
>>
>>37405550
:(
>>
>>37403860
Leg raises + reduce body fat further.
>>
>>37405544
Cut. Looking good though, no homo
>>
>>37405475
It took me 3-4 week before my noob gains kicked in. The visual difference was arguably a placebo effect but out of no where my ability to lift went up rapidly.
>>
>>37405544
Hit that chest a bit more and cut you'll be fuarking joocy
>>
>>37404142
I do a circuit with ab roller, russian twists and planks. I do it after i run on off days
>>
>>37405611
The pictures really don't do it justice but I've got a lot of mass in my chest, though it's not as difined. Hell, I can bench 325 if that means anything.
I have a fear if I focus on my upper body more then I'll lose my leg gains, though I won't.
>>
>>37405544
Why are you grabbing your dick in the second pic?

[spoiler]you are looking good, no homo[/spoiler]
>>
>>37405704
I wasn't "trying to", was just trying to just show my arms while twisting desu senpai.
>>
>>37405720
Chest* not arms
>>
>>37405544
Bench more
Maybe cut
>>
>>37404125
sshh anon, let them vegans continue to eat raw "activated" almonds, its good for them!
>like climbing the everest
>>
I work out pf and I am using smith machine for 6 months right now, can someone tell me why I should switch quicker for actual bench like what are the overwhelming negatives?

Deadlift 200
Squat. 180
Bench. 85
>>
>>37406227
I forgot to add 45 lbs so yeah. That to
>>
>>37403767
>activating almonds
holy shit, is it 2013 again?
>>
If I use creatine when I start lifting will it boost my noob gains or just don't bother?
>>
>>37406406
noob gains aren't what people make them out to be. There is no maximizing them. A year from no you would have made the same progression with or without them. Use creatine regardless.
>>
>>37406227
>>37406240
you've been essentially riding a bicycle with training wheels on. You'd be lucky to do 75% of that weight without the smith machine.

A smith machine limits you and prevents certain muscles from helping with the lifts. Part of squats and deadlifts are about balancing the weight, and it takes muscles getting stronger to maintain that balance at heavier weights.

You want an overwhelming negative? you're cheating yourself out of gains.
>>
>>37403860
Chances are you already have a sick pack but it's hidden by fat. Do more cardio.
>>
>>37403860
you can do crunches all day long, you'll never get a visible six pack without losing weight.
>>
while my squat and deadlift imrpove everytime I lift, my bench and OHP keep stalling at respectively 60 and 45 kg.

Halp.
>>
Has anyone here ever actually tried not having rest and recovery days for a period of a few months at least? I just wanna know if the whole "your body NEEDS a rest day" is just a meme or not.
Side note, but I know there are at least a couple recovering alkies here, what are some tips for dealing with cravings, and other ways to keep my ass sober when things like AA have failed me in the past? Struggling with it right now.
>>
>>37406619
I have to wait till I can go to a real gym. I also do chest press everytime I go to work on stabilizer muscles.

I tag along with my friend once in a while and I lift real barbells and the weight drop is just 10 lbs.
>>
>>37406666
I work out 5 days a week without issues*, and I'd work out on the weekends too if I wasn't out having fun.

*that I know of

AA is unscientific and non-falsifiable shit which is why it fails for nearly everyone. I don't know what works for you except to keep your future in mind.

Good luck and good quads.
>>
>>37406643
eat more
>>
doing 3x5 with SL suggested lifts and accessory latpulldown because Im a fattie and haven't read all the facts yet, and was in a rush to start lifting already.

I feels doms in my legs and ass, like I feel those areas were worked extremely well even with light weights. However my upper body... what the fuck?? Shouldn't I feel doms? I only have some in my anterior delts. But why don't I feel shit in my chest or neck, or back or abs?

I feel like I was cheated out of something. I can barely go down stairs or sit down without DOMS pain, but I can swing my arms around and stretch/twist my torso with ease. I want to feel the doms in my fucking torso and arms. To make sure the lifts are working. How do I make it happen?
>>
>>37406886
doms aren't an indicator of a good workout. Doms are more an indicator of you being a fat shit who hasn't worked out those muscles out in a long time.

People who work out regularly, actual real good workouts, never feel doms.
>>
>>37406928
im fat, my legs and ass get a good workout, my torso back and arms do not. so why am i not getting doms there. It's freaking me out anon.
>>
>>37406963
stop worrying about it
>>
File: 1411262524595.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1411262524595.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
>>37407017
o-okay
>>
Calorie deficit (~800-1000 cals a day) and lifting 4-5 times a week. Two weeks ago I started taking creatine monohydrate and I have gained 7 lbs, that can't all be water weight can it? Am I doing something wrong? I track my calories with MyFitnessPal and adjust for my workout (I.E. if I burn ~300 cals, I add like 200 back, undercut it to be safe).
>>
>>37407128
a. sure it can be water
b. don't add calories back on, doesn't matter what myfitnesspal says, it doesn't know how much you actually worked out
>>
>>37407128
yes it is, creatine literally gives your muscles more water
>>
>>37407027
Because DOMS doesn't matter.
>>
>>37407128
Just assume exercise burns zero calories and you'll be better off.

Track it in a workout log notebook on paper or something to avoid the temptation of letting MFP fuck with your gains.
>>
>>37403767
/fit/
I haven't weighed myself since my first gym assessment. Which was 187lbs.

Bought a scale after 50 days of dieting. Counted to the gram properly on myfitnesspal with an electronic kitchen scale. 5'10 male 25 years old. Tdee around 2350 and bmr at 1950. Cutting at 1900 because I don't want to destroy my metabolism again (lost massive weight through keto a couple years ago)

Lifting through a PPLPPLx routine. Supplemented with 20 minutes of front crawl daily at the gym.

Scale with good ratings from Amazon came in today.
>188.6lbs

What the fuck am I doing wrong? I estimated that I would lose at least 1lb a week through bmr calories and cardio yet I have gained a pound? Mad as fuck right now
>>
>>37407266
your entire posts screams "I'M A STUPID FAGGOT"

hard to tell where you're fucking up. But just fyi, two spot checks over two months won't tell you anything. You have to look at how your weight changes on a regular basis, at most weekly.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 485x273px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 485x273px
I started lifting a couple of weeks ago and I have limp wrists.

This shit has been bugging me my entire life, not only am I ridiculously conscious about it but if fucks with my lifting, particularly bench pressing.

What are some good wrist workouts to get rid of or at least strengthen my wrists?
>>
>>37407332
jacking men off
>>
>>37407328
Does it even matter? It's not like I'm going to be 7lbs lighter tomorrow or averaged out through the week.
>>
Are there any vidya games where I can lift weights? I don't want to sound like a try hard or feg, but I've been looking for a while and can't find anything that isn't the Olympics game from like 2004.
>>
>>37407369
you could be though. Maybe when you weighed in the first time you were dehydrated and only wearing your underwear. Maybe when you weighed in the second time you had just finished chugging a gallon of water and wearing your jeans with a brick of a phone in your pocket. We don't know. Watch a video by scooby, he had like a 20+ pound weight fluctuation just in one day.
>>
If I throw a pinecone at a chink will he be mad?
>>
>>37407332
Rice digs
>>
>>37407424
Could be that I was heavier than what I started off with.

Say I do weigh myself everyday for three weeks and I end up maintaining this weight consistently. What do I do? Do I cut harder at the risk of losing muscle mass and tanking my bmr? Increase cardio to 40 minutes instead?
>>
>>37407360
Kek

I guess everything I heard about this board is true
>>
File: bill starr 5x5.png (39KB, 707x545px) Image search: [Google]
bill starr 5x5.png
39KB, 707x545px
How am I suppose to add weights on DL and OHP on madcow ? Just add 2% each week ?
>>
I started SL a few days ago but ran into an issue. I feel like the one day in between may not be enough for my legs. I've had an on and off relationship with working out so I'm not in very good shape. When I would lift weights in the past I would never really be sore the next day but I would always feel it the second day. I'm not sure what the delayed response is. Maybe I just suck at fitness. The real question is should I take an extra day between the SL days or just go to failure and complete the other exercises.
>>
>>37407773
yes but dont do that retarded 2% shit, add 1.25/2.5/5kg on every lift depending on the lift and your ability to progress on it
>>
>>37407774
it's DOMS. Just workout through it, you're not going to hurt yourself.
>>
>>37407128
1000cals?
Won't this anon lose muscle?
Explain /fit/. Aka give me a reason to ditch my meager 600cal deficit for faster results.
>>
>>37407878
Thanks.
Yeah I know I'm nowhere near to hurting myself I was just wondering if it'll be more efficient for building strength to wait the day or just do it anyway. Back to the hole I go.
>>
>>37407907
he will. Do whatever works for you.
>>
>>37407774
Doms

Delayed onset muscle soreness. You won't get it after a couple weeks. Each time you get it it will be less severe. You'll actually miss it after a while.

Anyway it just hurts when your muscles are cold. Warm up and it won't be so bad. Stick to the routine
>>
Does masturbating before lifting affect my gains?
>>
>>37404125
I can go to almost any organic store and get raw almonds. I can go to almost any farmer's market and also get raw almonds.
>>
>>37408000
no

>>37408018
that's nice.
>>
Is keto better than a regular deficit after the initial water weight loss? I've had some decent results with keto but its pretty damn miserable not having any carbs at all
>>
So...

>How terrible do I look?
>How much bf should I lose?
>Do I have very bad loose skin?
>Do I have anything salvageably good about my frame/insertions etc.?

Coming down from 300lbs+ from my teenage years.

I stand about 6'0 and 202lbs.
>>
>>37408074
your mother's a cunt
>>
File: 20160601_215012-1.jpg (569KB, 1764x2834px) Image search: [Google]
20160601_215012-1.jpg
569KB, 1764x2834px
>>37408111
My bad
>>
How do I warm up properly? Let's say my max atm is 140 do I do 100 then go to 130 then 140?
>>
>>37408111
good job, champ
>>
>>37408117
that's not very nice.
>>
>>37407933
But surely I'm safe on my 600-700 cal deficit. I'm also sure that I'm getting enough protein.
>>
does it matter what the source of proteins/carbs/fat is to fit my macros?

is there a difference between getting all my calories from chicken, broccoli, rice and fish oil vs protein shakes and weight gainers (with low gi carbs)?
>>
>>37408074
keto has no advantages over a deficit diet.

>>37408111
>>37408130
pretty terrible
like 10% probably
bad, not very bad
lol, grow some muscle first before you start talking about insertions.
>>
>>37408142
safe? no.

>>37408145
sure it matters.
>>
>>37408174
Wh-why not wise sage? Am I in danger? Will the gods take my gains on such a daring deficit? (Srs)
Am 17%bf cutting down to 10
>>
So I'm 6 feet tall, but only weigh in at 120 pounds. A lot of people do crunches thinking they can spot reduce fat and get some visible abs, obviously it doesn't work like that. But personally I feel I don't have much fat on my stomach, so in my case could I cheat my way to visible abs via crunches by being so underweight?
>>
>>37408111
>>How terrible do I look?
Quite bad, how much progress have you made so far?
>>How much bf should I lose?
Get down tp 10-12%
>>Do I have very bad loose skin?
Too filled with fat to tell, looks like you may have some, cross that bridge when you come to it
>>Do I have anything salvageably good about my frame/insertions etc.?
Its covered in fat
>>37408138
Absolutely true, I had no answer to your original question.
>>
>>37408174
how does it matter?
>>
>>37408209
a. you have no muscle so you could have 0% bf and still not see abs
b. you can start doing crunches now but unless you put on weight, they won't grow
c. 120lbs 6', jesus please start SS
>>
>>37408209
That,s not a cheat, if you have very low fat and no visible abs (by the numbers you do), abdiminal exercises are the thing to do. Note that if you want to build overall mass with compound exercises like squats/deads and standing OHP, you will strengthen your core that way toi For someone who isn't an atrophied skeleton, they probably need to lose fat weight. Pretty simple.
>>
>>37403860

Doing high reps of crunches, leg raises, etc does basically nothing for a 6 pack. You can't target fat loss in one specific section, you can only lower your body's overall bf%. However, if you do high weight low reps of sit ups, cable cross overs, etc that will actually build your abs up larger and make them easier to see thru fat on top.

High rep circuit stuff to "tone your abs" is literally a meme. It does not exist.
>>
>>37408213
Easily lost more than 100 lbs. Like I didnt even have a jawline before and had the typical obese look. I say I've come a long way, but now I'm really trying to make myself look at least halfway decent.
>>
>>37408304
Were you just doing cardio or cardio and lifting?

You lifting now?

Good job on the weight loss
>>
>>37403860
Some insanely unhelpful advice you've gotten.

Abs is all diet I'm afraid. You need a low bf% so they appear. Probably time to start a cut if you haven't already.

Doing endless sit ups, planks, crunches etc will do nothing for the visibility of your abs if they are covered by fat. Just doing cardio alone isn't enough.

TLDR; Diet.
>>
What is a good hyperthrophy program for someone who has lifted 6 months and has some experience from before that? want decent strength as well. Should i just make my compounds 5rm and just do PPL as an example?

Also 1 or 2 excercises for isolation? Example biceps, triceps and upper back.
>>
>>37404187
Premium content?
>>
Will muscle imbalances fix themselves over time?
Been working out from skinnyfat for about 5 months now. My right arm is noticeably larger than my left which is normal but my left pec is much larger than my right.
>>
>>37408342
Tbh all I did was stop shoving food mindlessly in my mouth, gave a little thought to what I ate, and I got a job at a pizza place which kept me constantly on my feet. It helped that the job made pizza gross to me.

I realized I was losing weight from the job so just hopped on that and more pointedly lost the weight. Now I'm trying to knock out the last 10-20 lbs with better informed dieting and calisthenics/body weight.

Tldr- Accidental Cardio that I took advantage of and now I want to start building muscle
>>
>>37405062
If your 165 from 260 and still benching 110 you must still be fat as hell how tall are you
>>
>>37408420
Diet plus lifting and you'll start to see more progress in the direction you want.
>>
>>37408468
Would calisthenics and a pair of dumbbells work at first?
>>
>>37405082
Are you injecting steroids? That's a popular injection spot
>>
>>37408495
no
>>
I've been eating better and working out quite a bit the past two weeks but my weight has barely moved. I've noticed an increase in performance though, both when it comes to cardio and lifting weights. The biggest fluctuation i've had weight-wise was a day where i gained 5 lbs overnight, which i assume is water retention. I eat 1500-1600 calories every day and work out every other day, what're the chances that my lack of weight loss is because of increased muscle development? It's kind of disheartening to see the scale not move at all.
>>
>>37408495
No, essentially you'd be wasting your time.

Join a gym and kick on from there. Figure out what you want to be doing before you go in look for routines ect. Because gyms dont do that shit for you and you can get put off a little with how clueless/lost you feel at first.
>>
Been on SS for 6 weeks, now squatting 82.5kg for 5 reps at 152lb body weight.

My form fucking sucks.

Should I do what I've read and drop to 90% of that weight and work back up with better form?

My form is good up to about 75kg then my feet just go way further out than normal so my friend (who's done SS before ) said to do 90% of that weight but slightly higher reps and as long as form is good continue to just add weight slowly again.

I must admit I think lately my calories and sleep has been okay but protein intake each day could of been better so would I be ok to just
> deload squat to 75kg, slowly add more weight back up making sure form continues to be ok.

I'm doing this without any belt or anything obviously.

Also I squat I'm chucks
>>
>>37407332
Small wrists reporting in. My thumb and middlefinger can overlap when I go around.

I also had wrist pain when benching. Haven't had wrist pain during bench press ever again since I read this article: http://stronglifts.com/bench-press/wrists/

Hope it helps

Also a little tip for push ups when you have weak wrists: Do them on your fists.
>>
>>37408502
no
>>
>>37408514
>>37408658
I'm really broke most of the times desu. A regular gym membership wont be a thing for me till maybe mid-August.
>>
>>37403860
The abs are made in the kitchen meme isnt a meme, of course if your abs are almost non existant, which is hard if youre actually not a delusional dyel, they wont show even at low bf% but 90 percent of the time you just need to get leaner
>>
>>37408791
tough tiddies.
>>
>>37403767
How do I do pendlay rows and deadlifts with lighter weights? Every tutorial video I see uses 45lb plates. Should I be able to do that weight right off the bat? I feel like if I go lighter I'll be bending down too far to grab the bar.
>>
>>37409025
use something to raise the bar.
>>
So, I started SL 3 weeks ago and now that the squat is getting heavier my left knee has started hurting like a bitch in the lowest part of the motion just as I am starting to push up the weight.

What could I be doing wrong? Could it be related to foot placement somehow? Please halp!
>>
>>37409025

Does your gym not have big plastic weights?
>>
>>37409098
They might.
>>
So i have been going to the gym now for half a year (lost already nearly 15kg) but all i ever did was cardio and watch my calories... now i want to start with lifting weigths but i am kinda scared i will look like a retard. I have been watching a lot of youtube vids about form and als observed other fit guys and girls lifting while at the gym so i think i can manage this... but my real concer is that i will use the wrong typ of weights (i don't even know if they exactly have a name!) There is this weird w-shaped bar and then there are some normal and then there are
some bars with fixed weights and then there are these small ones you can carry with one hand.
Are there any rules for what I should use for which exercise? Also have they any names? I know this question is stupid but I really want to start lifting and this is basically the only thing holding me back.
Google also didnt give me any answers.
>>
>>37403767
I'm looking for a particularly large container to shake my protein powder in.

It must me at least 30oz, stainless steel and a wide mouth -- close to 4 inch diameter.

I was looking at 32oz tumblers but I can't find any with a mixer friendly lid. Do any of you use one with a closable lid to mix stuff? All the lids seem like they wouldn't hold up to vigorous daily shaking.

I currently use a wide mouth quart mason jar but the mouth is too narrow. I like to wash the container by hand but my hand is too wide.

I just need a big wide mouth steel container with a liquid sealed lid to shake stuff up. I don't like the two cup bar shakers.
>>
I started barbell lifts after 3 months of lifting dumbells at home I saw a trainer so he could check my form. My bullshit detector was going off the charts every time he opened his mouth.

Anyway, he said that my form was too shaky and I should use machines instead. I was very skeptical, because obviously the only way I will get good form in barbell lifts is by practicing with the free weights.

What can I do to improve my form on my own? Should I be using machines when starting out? How can I stay safe, I really don't want to hurt myself lifting.
>>
I started MA training and am doing my yellow stripe TKD test on Sunday. Should I practice Saturday or leave that as a rest day? I do around 5 minutes kick and pattern practice after warming up with dynamic stretches followed by 5-6 minutes static stretching
>>
pls help fit. my mom is extremely poor and cant even afford her 1000 a month apt anymore, we eat frozen pizzas like daily and i cant stand it i need to lose weight not bulk. Where can i go to eat healthy food out of my house, money is no issue for me
>inb4 give your mom money, she wont take it
>>
>>37408241
>>37408270

Thanks, and yeah I've gained 5 pounds in the past month just eating more and doing crunches, pushups, and pullups. I've tried SS before but saw no results or weight gain, so I'll probably try it again once I'm ~135 and actually have fat/muscle.
>>
File: Bodytype.png (652KB, 720x735px) Image search: [Google]
Bodytype.png
652KB, 720x735px
>>37403767
Is this correct lads?
>>
File: 20160602_161843.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160602_161843.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Bros I'm a doughy faggot and I'm supposed to be at a Vegas pool party next month. Best 5 week plan to actually look like I am capable of putting down the fork?

Pic related, you might recognize me from the other thread
>>
File: Tanishi.jpg (35KB, 550x286px) Image search: [Google]
Tanishi.jpg
35KB, 550x286px
Going to not go to the gym for like 2 weeks in favor of boxing since I'm about to move away from the city and I want to hang more with the boys before I do so. I'm not gonna lose any muscle doing this if I just keep eating right and enough, right?
>>
>>37409632
Complete bullshit. Starve yourself, suddenly you're an ectomorph, bulk up and suddenly you're an endomorph, cut after a good bulk suddenly you're a mesomorph.
>>
>>37409632
No, people keep talking about this ectomorph shit and all that but its all been disproven like a decade ago or more. Its broscience, the only thing that is true is that some people have smaller frames, some bigger. Some people build muscles faster some slower, but its all genes just like the color of your eyes and none of it fits into 3 neat categories. I mean think about it, how ridiculous would it be if all men could be categorized by these 3 types considering how muscle building is a complex process that just like ANYTHING that happens in the human body we dont fully understand. Literally, there is no process in the human body we fully understand, not one. This image is the very epitome of broscience.
>>
>>37409750
Calculate your daily calorie needs, eat 800-1000 calories below that and get some yohimbine. Should be good for 5 pounds in a month. Or if you fell brave get your hands on dnp. Just try not to kill yourself. For anything else more long term.

T
I
C
K
Y
>>
Why is soy worse than other sorts of protein? Is it solely because it spikes estrogen or is soy protein inferior in some way to other types of protein?
>>
will getting a tan make me healthier?
my whole life ive been self conscious about my body so i wear a shirt all the time, even at the poor. my chest and back has not seen sunlight in years im the definition of white. I also believe the vitamin d from the sun would help my chest hair grow in a bit more? any suggestions
>>
>>37409791
>>37409804
Thanks guys
>>
>>37409886
as long as you don't
a) go full cancer and get melanoma from being in the sun too much
b) get a tan at a tanning booth which is literally just cancer rays

then yes getting sun is not a bad idea
>>
>>37409958
i just lied on the floor of my room with the window open and the sun on me and i feel better already. how much sun per day do you suggest to boost my metabolism?
>>
Are recommended daily intakes of calories too hight fit?

I'm 5'7, 140lbs and I dieted two years ago by cutting to 1500 calories per day which I maintained for 1.5 years despite running 5km, 5 times per week. I've been pretty much bang on 140lbs for over a year now but I started muscle work and my gym buddy who's super /fit/ said that I should eat more to feel gains.

So I increased to 2000 per day and in two weeks I've put on two pounds of what feels like fat. I have been feeling hungrier but the internet says that I should be eating 2000 calories to maintain a sedentary lifestyle and 2500-3000 to maintain an active one given the amount of activity I do.

I think that the guideline amounts of calories are about 1000 too much.
>>
>>37404820
Do skullcrushers your arms will hurt for days. Also everything involving your triceps will get stronger.
>>
Anyone here got those athlean blox dumbbells? Thoughts?
>>
How much fat can you lose per week with a reasonable calorie deficit like ~400kcal daily?
>>
All right bros, I'm convinced I need to go on a cut. Now with that out of the way,
>6'2"
>210 lb
>read sticky
>TDEE - 500
no problem
>1.5 g protein per lb body weight

So anons, how the fuck am I supposed to consume 300 g of protein without dying? Are protein shakes the only way?
>>
>>37410290
1 lb of fat = 3500 cal
-400 cal = -2800 cal per week = 0.8 lb
>>
>>37410333
Thanks, I'll translate it to units that make sense and the whole world agreed to use them later.

Also, nice trips.
>>
File: 20160505_150719-1.jpg (2MB, 1759x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20160505_150719-1.jpg
2MB, 1759x2560px
I need help here,
I'm 5ft6", 110 lbs .
Ive been told that I got the Tyler Durten genetics unfortunately, been skinny for as long as I can remember.
What mode should I aim for ?
>inb4 kys
>>
>>37410311

suck some dick.
>>
>>37410355
I guess you could say 0.363 kg per week but that sounds really odd to me
>>
>>37410416
Sorry dude, I love you despite your shitty unit system.
>>
>>37410416
I love you too man
>>
>>37404185
are you trying to die? Eat more and make some muscle gainz, then cut a bit .. lather rinse repeat
>>
>>37405218
dude - pain in the hip from standing to sitting is a symptom of a labral tear. Honestly, i would stop lifting and get an MRI to confirm.
>>
File: 1429588581100.jpg (102KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1429588581100.jpg
102KB, 500x371px
oh god oh god i made a mistake. why did i sign up for the gym?? i have to go tomorrow and my ass hurts. my shin hurts. im paying money for this? im locked into a contract. it's only about 1 hr of exercise but im dreading it. i have to drive there to get punished. and if i don't keep progressing my lifts im gonna fail. im not gonna make it, pls kill mee
>>
File: 1463607100476.jpg (189KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1463607100476.jpg
189KB, 500x700px
>>37403767
Bulking up, lifting x4/week. Gained about 8 pounds in the last couple months. Not tracking calories but feels like I'm not hitting my calorie goals. Despite this, I keep gaining weight and notice I've been growing a bit of a belly.

Advise? Should cut back calories a little? Do more cardio? Hit abs more, or all the above?
>>
>>37410362
shitty pic 2bh
>>
>>37410670

Did you just start? DOMS?
>>
>>37408384
>Quagmire
>>
>>37403767
>not activating almonds

it's like you don't want to make it
>>
>>37410704
yes its awful

i can barely sit i dont feel like even watching tv because id have to get up and sit down
>>
I ocassionaly get chest aches and mild heart pain and I dread if it flares up during lifting. What's the best way to stop myself from worrying?
>>
>>37410808

When you first start out your doms is going to be worse, much worse than normal and it's gonna happen every time you do an exercise that incorporates a muscle you haven't used before in that manner

Chill for a bit, wait for it to pass and then go back to the gym
>>
>>37410858
well i went wednesday, tomorrow is friday, i feel guilty about signing up, and then there's the big bulky guys who processed my contract. theyre gonna be all bro you gotta show up!

i can barely sit, fuck fuck fuck. And I work manual labor. I dont even feel like going into work tonight.
>>
If I'm going to do both heavy-low-rep and light-high-rep of the same lift on the same day, which order should I do them in?

Doing lightweight first would get a good pump going and thoroughly warm me up, but it may also fatigue me prematurely causing the heavy reps to suffer.
Going heavy first would let me be as fresh as possible for doing heavy lifting, plus would let the volume work be a nice cooldown, but I wouldn't be as warm for the heavy loads.
>>
>>37410878

Yeah.. when I just started I was out of commission for 4 days, couldn't even bend my arms
>>
>>37409771
Since you're still using the muscles in boxing, you shouldn't really.

Actual atrophy requires weeks of unuse
>>
I've started out as a noob and ate at maintenance to get noob gainz and lose fat. My weight is the same after two weeks of work. Does this mean lost fat = gained muscle, or should I up my calory count ? The sticky specifies one should gain a pound a week.

Btw,are noob gainz refering to hypertrophy or to CNS adjustment only ?
>>
>>37410968
>ate at maintenance
>weight is the same
>what am I doing wrong??
breh...................................

(eating at maintenance means eating so you stay the same weight)
>>
>>37411028
From what I understood one should eat one's TDEE when starting out. That's what i meant
>>
How do I get a gf?
>>
>>37409025
Check for big colored plates, most gyms in my town have those for oly training
>>
File: 2close2home_0.jpg (619KB, 1959x1469px) Image search: [Google]
2close2home_0.jpg
619KB, 1959x1469px
>>37403767
Is there a dump of Prometheus's pics.
Anyone know of his routine?
Have a common meme on the house
>>
>>37409192
Watch Allan thrall for form.
SS or SL should be enough, only a few movements to learn, but you must master the form.
>>
I just hit 67.5kg 3x6 on OHP

Is there a way to workout 1RM from sets and reps?

I know there are calculators that can do (weight,reps)
but is there a formula for (weight,sets,reps)
>>
>>37403979
This is the only real answer
>>
>>37413117
>67.5kg for rep on OHP

Any tips to make progress on OHP?
>>
>>37413157
I prefer ohp to benching so in my programs I always make ohp my main pressing movement and bench as assistance.

I also like doing bodyweight stuff. Handstand pushups have a huge carry over to ohp.

I ohp 3 times a week. (currently running a modified candito's 6 week but with ohp instead of bench and a lot of the assistance exercises are bodyweight)

So just frequency, consistency and good programming I guess.

I won't be happy until I can ohp 100kg
>>
>>37413306
Please post shoulders senpai
>>
I'm 6'2" 195lb. According to BMI I'm just on the edge of overweight. Personally I think I'm a bit skinnyfat. Should I bulk or cut while on SS?
>>
What's a good rep range for strength and how many sets of these should I do?
>>
>>37410857
This is a "questions that don't deserve their own thread" thread, not "questions that don't deserve their own post"
>>
>>37413544
>BMI
That is a really bad way to tell if a single person is in his correct weight. BMI is good only for populations
You should be looking at your body fat %, I guess
>>
>>37413647
I'm not sure of my actual body fat, but from arbitrary online calculators it's around 15-18%
>>
>>37413677

Get some calipers and learn how to use them. Best ~$10 you'll ever spend
>>
Are supplements really effective?
Should I go to a nutritionist or an endocrinologist before taking supplements?
Also, what are the best ones?
>>
>>37413962

Some are. But they're all pretty marginal effects in most cases.
>>
>>37413962
creatine, protein, caffeine

everything else is snake oil
>>
how dangerous can be to squat in a bad form?

also i use a fixed barbell with a 60

is that just 60 lbs of squat?
>>
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

How good is the Katch-McArdle * multiplier method to determine one's maintenance calories when lacking data for the first few weeks ?

Any better alternatives ?
>>
beginner here

how often do I need to rest? Does resting have to be a day where I don't go into the gym, or should it just be me not working the same muscles as the previous day?

If I do squats, deadlifts, and OHP one day, is it okay if I do incline bench, skullcrushers, pullups, and abs the next day, or should I just take the day off to rest?
>>
Im plannign my cut please help me out to see if my math is correct:

Im 27 yo male 87kg 173 cm (pic related)
my BMI is about 1900 cals a day

So if i diet at 1500 cals per day that would amoutn to a deficit of 400 cals per day(1900-1500).
so if a kg of fat is 7700 cals of energy, does that mean that by doing this diet i will lose 1 kg every 20 days (7700/400)
???

is that math correct, that seems rather slow, i was aiming for 1 kg per week, but if that ratio is correct then 1kg per week would be hellishly hard.

thoughts?
>>
If I'm beginning should I expect to lift more each time I go to the gym on squat for instance
>>
>>37414475
>does that mean that by doing this diet i will lose 1 kg every 20 days (7700/400)
sounds correct

I don't think you should cut any faster to be honest
>>
>>37414602
not even 1kg every 14 days, why is that so hard?

im not counting calories lost due to excersise because i thought they were negligible, i've read taht shit like walking to work were too

could that make enough of a difference to take it to 1 kg every 14 days?
>>
>>37407409
GTA San Andreas had weightlifting
>>
>>37408132
what lift?
>>
File: deadlift-blocks.jpg (31KB, 526x295px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift-blocks.jpg
31KB, 526x295px
>>37409025
>>37409068
>>
File: B-40017.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
B-40017.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>37409188
>I currently use a wide mouth quart mason jar but the mouth is too narrow. I like to wash the container by hand but my hand is too wide.
>>
>>37414890

Those are horrible deadlift blocks.
>>
>>37414085
Any method is fine because after 2 weeks you'll know how accurate it is --- if you're gaining weight too fast, lower your calories, if you're losing weight too fast, raise them.
Worry about the accuracy of the calculation is the wrong way to approach it.

>>37414339
You can go on consecutive days, but not with OHP and incline bench: they are too similar. Google "push pull legs" or PPLxPPLx
>>
>>37414547
If youre eating enough, then yes

>>37414918
Do they illustrate the point?
>>
Is Gourmet Isolate a good supplement? I usually just get Isopure but the 5 lb tubs of Gourmet where half off and I couldn't pass it up. I kind of regret it though since I didn't realize Gourmet is pure protein, whereas Isopure has a fuckload of vitamins
>>
File: I1KfNBV.jpg (38KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
I1KfNBV.jpg
38KB, 600x450px
Is this 4 day routine good enough to follow for a guy hitting the gym for the first time?

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-muscle-building-workout-routine/

I'm also limiting myself to 1,220 calories a day, trying to lose 60 pounds.

I'm basically retarded though so I have no idea if im doing the right thing or how I should change my diet when I eventually hit my target weight so that I improve muscle and dont get fat again. I'm using the MFP app to track my weight so I can count calories when I lose weight so I don't stagnate.
>>
File: 1457658573570.jpg (205KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1457658573570.jpg
205KB, 960x1280px
what can I do to make my calf muscles hurt less after running (besides stretching)
>>
Should my compounds be 5 reps Even though i'm aiming for mass and doing PPL?
>>
>>37403767
Anyone have experience with Cory Gregory's "squat everyday" program?

Thinking it could be fun to run a month, both for the challenge and because my lower body needs a bit of work.

Are roids a requirement or just a good supplement for it?

Shit heads still on babbys first bulk need not reply.
>>
>>37415265

Its doable. But everything needs to be on-point for it to work safely and you'll need to pay attention to how/if you're getting beat up.

Not so great for mass though. At least not for the work involved.
>>
File: jack's friend.jpg (19KB, 259x243px) Image search: [Google]
jack's friend.jpg
19KB, 259x243px
>>37415205
>1,220 calories a day,

Bye bye muscles
>>
Potatoes. Good or bad for bulking?
>>
>>37408668
>Weight in kg
>bw in pounds
>>
>>37415312
Good. I like white sweet potatoes or japanese sweet potatoes.

High carbs, low fat is my favorite way to bulk. So tons of beans/legumes, fruit, potatoes, etc.
>>
>>37415205
read this
:>>37414475
>>
>>37415555
I read it and calculated my BMI again,

and it prints out that to lose 2 lb a week which is what I'm going for I only need 1,385 calories a day.
>>
File: Screenshot_159.png (321KB, 314x474px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_159.png
321KB, 314x474px
>>37413469
>>
>>37415234
Don't engage your calfs as much
>>
>>37410670
dont worry about it so much, think of it as brushing your teeth, or wiping your ass, something menial so your not so worked up over it, 'in and out' that's all you should be thinking.
>>
Started being vegetarian recently. Now I'm bloated af and have stomach pains. Is it the extra fibre? What can I do
>>
>>37415678
post your math, theres no way youre having a 7700 kcal deficit per week
>>
>>37415915
Stop being a vegetarian.
>>37415126
Just eat grass, learn from the horse
>>
the foam rolling link in sticky is dead. any alternative good resource?
>>
https://youtu.be/FIyCoQqplNQ?t=41

Is this real, are there people like this?
>>
>>37416467
Like what?

Cant be bothered watching the Omar vid just yet. What's your question
>>
File: nomnomnom.png (58KB, 625x951px) Image search: [Google]
nomnomnom.png
58KB, 625x951px
How do I lose 30lbs?

I can't eat less or workout more.
>>
>>37416484

Oh, he salts out for like 20 seconds about people who just lose fat and keep the muscle while in deficit
>>
File: 1463678492077.gif (929KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
1463678492077.gif
929KB, 500x388px
>sand
My dad and I are building a home gym. So far we have gotten 2 dumbell bars and a 185 cm barbell. We got an abs bench. Is it safe to do bench press on that?

My dad doesn't like getting "used" weights from guys on our version of Craigslist but instead wants to create his own or buy them in a shop even though the deals are much better. How do I convince him that it's fine?
>>
>>37416491
cut off your leg
>>
>>37416506
Genius. brb.
>>
>>37416491
>>37416512
how cant you do more cardio?
>>
>>37416517
I've only got one leg now.
>>
Currently a skelly looking to get fit, does anyone have experience with this workout plan: http://scoobysworkshop.com/advanced-workout-plan/ or anything to add/substitute in it?
>>
>>37416543
for anything specific consult anatomy of strength training by frederic delavier
>>
>>37416532
AGHAHAHAHA!

Funny.

Now answer the question you fat fuck.
>>
>>37416567
nah you're right, I really should, I've no excuses
>>
>>37416491

Exactly how quickly do you want to lose the weight? What's your deficit?
>>
>>37416601
Trying for 2lbs a week but not set a date though, I just feel like I could be doing more, so gonna go with >>37416517
>>
File: endmylife.jpg (60KB, 582x395px) Image search: [Google]
endmylife.jpg
60KB, 582x395px
/fit/ please help
Every time I do my romanian deadlifts i get a pain in my neck
I can't tell if it's muscular or skeletal, it's to the right hand side of the vertebrae highlighted in pic
doesn't occur on any other lifts
is this form or do i need a chiro asap?
any advice?
>>
>>37408358
no,why? the whole things there when i look
>>
>>37408384
a little more isolation training, plus a few extra reps for the week part
>>
>>37407332
Fist pushups, look it up
>>
>>37409882
its PROBABLY estrogen, but its most definite second rate protein, stick to whey and animal meat
>>
>>37413962
>>37413995
i would add D3 and a omega fatty acid, like krill or hemp oil
>>
File: tumblr_m5yiikCdCd1rt8sgdo1_500.png (232KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5yiikCdCd1rt8sgdo1_500.png
232KB, 500x428px
any advice on getting a that last few percentage of body fat off, went from a strong fat 23% bf to a lean 17% in 3 months, 15 is the current goal and if i get that il go for 10, any tips? so far im already

>drinking 90% water
>Reverse pyramid training
>daily cardio
>cleaned up my diet alot
>>
>>37403767
What exercise from SS hits abs more? Squat or deadlift?I want to add accessories, ab exercises especially, but I'm not sure in which day I should put them.
>>
What are some good bluetooth headphones for working out?
>>
>>37416995
motorla 305s, i bought multiple pairs just in case
>>
>>37404857
Just look up hip flexor stretches, sounds like they're pretty tight.
>>
File: microMsg.1464956403307.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
microMsg.1464956403307.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
This appeared on my arm less than an hour ago completely out of nowhere, it doesn't hurt but my pinky and ring fingers are slightly numb. What is it and am I going to lose my arm?
>>
>>37417242
It's prob a irritation or something like that.
>>
Any disadvantages to modifying the 5x5 to 3x8 apart from slower strength gains?
Should i keep the progression the same? +2.5kg on upper body and +5kg on lower body stuff
>>
>>37417278
3 sets are less than 5
>>
>>37417242
Looks like a scratch. Caught a corner or something. So yes, you're going to die.
>>
>>37417270
>>37417360
There's no wound though, just the discoloration. All I was doing before I noticed it was sitting and eating
>>
>>37417242
that arms gotta go bro. sorry.
>>
>>37405888
You're a hero
>>
>>37416968
deadlift is more heavy on the abs as youre moving more weight
>>37416812
carb cycling could help
>>37416674
Post form
>>37414071
you can fuck up your back, get pinned under the bar, multiple other injuries. Use proper form man. No one cares how much you lift.
>>37413577
3-5 sets of 5
>>37412541
Have hobbies and goals, not be socially retard and talk to people, be nice and have sense of humor
>>37410882
warm up, heavy, volume stuff
>>37410277
dont have em but you can get other adjustable dumbbells for cheaper
>>37410039
eat consistently for a month, adjust accordingly. Online calculators arent perfect.
>>37409575
buy her shit like frozen veggies and canned beans
>>37409291
do it if you feel like
>>37409184
straight bar= barbell
fixed weight tiny weights = dumbbells
W shaped bar = easy curl bar
use barbell or dumbbells for most movements
W shaped bar is easier on wrist for curls
>>37409093
pain while lifting isnt normal. Post form
>>37408555
get body fat calipers and a tape measure. Measure waist and body fat once every week or so
>>37408355
PHAT, WS4SB,BBB 5/3/1
>>37407463
yup
>>
>>37417349
and 8 reps are more than 5
>>
Alternatives for MyFitnessJew?
>>
Bench: 245
Squat: 245
Diddly: lmao3pl8

Why is my squat such shit?
>>
Does stretching have an aesthetic purpose beyond being flexible enough to have proper form?
>>
>>37417485
I literally just log my calories in a notebook and google nutrition of foods per mass.
>>
had to take 3 weeks out of the gym because of exams, diet also went to siht

slowly getting back into gym. my lifts are a bit shit, gone from 4 plate diddly 1rm to only being able to pull 3pl8 for 3.

Will i recover quickly if i ease myself back into lifting and resume the diet, or do i have to work my way all the way back up
>>
>>37417977

Depends on how long you had been working out but usually you recover "surprisingly" quick.
>>
>>37417853
ur deadlift is also shit for how much you bench.

could just have short arms and a good chest
>>
>>37417853

It's not, your bench is just high compared to squat/deadlift.

Just keep at it, Squat/Deadlift will breakaway from bench eventually.
>>
>>37418056
I never thought about it like this.

Thanks anon
>>
>>37417996
been working out for about a year and a half

i'd say i'm an intermediate lifter, hit up that 1/2/3/4 (though i won't be able to prove that to anyone until maybe 3 weeks have passed)
>>
What do you guys use to track your weight lifting info, is there any good apps for android?
>>
>>37418529

A textfile on my desktop called liftlog.txt

guy at the gym brings a notepad and a pen
>>
I recently switched to low bar squats, but now it feels like I'm using my arms to much and my wrists are bending too far. How do I fix this? Do I need a form check?
>>
>>37405556
how do you expect to see any gains when you havent increased the weight for 3 weeks. why would your body put resources to you growing if there is no reason for it to have to. you cant get bigger without progressively overloading your movements
>>
>>37406227
the smith machine has almost no carriover to the real world. you have to follow an unnatural bar path that doesnt allow you to recruit as many muscle fibers as possible (which is what gets you stronger and therfore bigger) because your body simply isn't designed to work that way. eventually you will probably stall from muscle/strength imbalances because there is no aspect of stabalization involved. lets be real here, how often do you see anyone who actually looks impressive and is strong using a smith machine other than for injuries or for accessories
>>
Is 5x5 too much volume for DL on a PPL split? I switched from 3x5 and my glutes and hamstrings have been terribly sore for two days now
>>
Does anyone have the recipe for homemade protein bars that some anon posted?
>>
>>37418818

Once a week? Hell no.
>>
>>37418836
Look up /fit/ food imgur album on google. Should pop up.
>>
I heard that cardio might increase cortisol. Is this true? I just want to run 20mins 6x/week to help with my cut.
>>
I'm not sure that I understand intermittent fasting. it's basically eating during an 8 hour window and fasting for the rest of the day, right? The number of meals during the 8 hour period don't matter?
>>
Why are girls from Tinder always a lot fatter than their pics?

I am chilling in Starbucks doing some research and one of them is here across from me. She is at least 20 lbs heavier than her pics. She has those lat flab rolls. This is like like match #5 I've seen in the last 2 months since getting it that has been noticibly fatter.

How do they get away with it in pics?
>>
¿WHY my TOTAL DAILY ENERGY EXPENDITURE is 3000 cals while my BASAL METABOLIC RATE is 2000 cals?

im 173cm 87kg 27 years old
even tough i put in light activity it gives me 3 k per day. (i figure it was conservative since i lift 3x a week and bike to work 3 times a week also)

¿is that accurate? ¿can i really on that? because if thats true i can aim for a 1 kg per week cut, ohhhh boooyy please be true
>>
>>37419189
>Why are girls from Tinder always a lot fatter than their pics?
old pics

also, fat girls are masters at hiding their fatness in pictures
>>
>>37418912
Thanks a lot
>>
Is there a point to pre-workout if:

. it is a rest day ?

. if i already hit all my macros ?

. If I already hit all my macros and take creatine and amino acids on the side ?

Is there a point to creatine/amino acids on rest days ?

Thank you /fit/
>>
>>37417242
im docter
sry
u r the cancer john.
>>
File: 1454303398960.png (192KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1454303398960.png
192KB, 501x445px
>>37419345
> pre-workout
> rest day

yeah, let me just take this pre-workout that you're supposed to take before a workout on a day where you don't work out at all.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.