[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOTT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 33

File: 1442755488706.png (105KB, 319x310px) Image search: [Google]
1442755488706.png
105KB, 319x310px
Old one is at 300+
Earlier today waiting for a bus I got a tightness in my chest. Its gone now and I feel ok but should I lift tomorrow instead, just in case lifting makes it flare up?
>>
Do some cardio fatty
>>
>>37304872

Do you have a previous heart condition?
If you do, I have no idea what you should do.

Do you not have a previous heart condition?

I still don't know what you should do.
>>
>>37304872
Mix grip for deadlift better than regular grip?
>>
>>37305062
mixed for work sets, regular for warm-ups

+ do some static holds during your warm-ups
>>
>>37305025
I had a heart defect that cleared up after birth if that's something to take into consideration? Been lifting for around 10 months just fine.
>>
>>37304872

Anxiety?
>>
>>37305189
Probably, I had an exam to take earlier and was fretting over it... but what that other anon says about heart conditions makes me worry.
>>
How?
>>
How long does it take to adjust to a cut?
>>
I hit an OHP plateau of 60kg. Been progressing at linear pace every workout now I am stuck failing on my third set of 5X5 with 60 for 4 sessions. I tried doing push-presses and then slow negatives after failing with 60, doing higher volume with 55 and 57.5 but nothing helps. I'm making linear progress on all my other lifts. What do?
>>
>>37305452
Similar to this guy only I'm at a bench press plateau - can't 3x5 above 75kg for the life of me. I've heard it can help to deload and add volume - any suggestions? Maybe 5x5 72.5kg, or 3x8 70kg?
>>
>>37305452
With OHP it's often form. Use a belt and SQUEEZE those abs, butt, quads. Bending at the waist, lean back just enough so the bar doesn't knock your chin but no more, keep your centre of gravity over your mid-foot. There's a great Rippetoe form video on YouTube.
>>
Assuming an ideal cut, what is the ratio of fat lost to lean body mass lost per lb/kg of mass lost?
>>
>>37305452
>>37305644

How often do you guys do your lifts?
>>
whatever happened to that asian tripfag girl who wet her pants doing a deadlift? i think her username started with s.
>>
This is not fitness related, but health related. I think I have hemorrhoids. There's some sort of swollen lump near my asshole. Anyone got some advice, tips or stories they want to share about this subject?
>>
All over the internet I can read that eating more smaller portions through the day is better than eating fewer, bigger ones. But I work a three shift system, and I don't really have time to eat every three-four hours, so I just eat a big dinner (made with healthy stuff, I want my main source of carbs to be veggies, proteins from chicken/fish and fats from olive oil, cottage cheese). Then at work I eat a salad with chicken/fish or eggs or a whole-grain bread sandwich. For snacks I usually eat nuts, bananas, oranges, apples.

So, long story short: is my diet fine with above ingredients, but all crammed in two-three big meals, instead 4-6 recommended by most sources?

I started avoiding pasta and rice to lose fat quicker (I have high BF%), but if it sounds like a dumb idea, I can reintroduce it into my diet again.

Also I run regularly, 4-5 times a week, started 4 months ago.
>>
>>37306334
>Anyone got some advice
yeah, go to a motherfuckin' doctor you fuckin' chimp
>>
I've been "lifting" for a year (quotes due to shit diet and going straight from 3day whole body to 4day u/l splt, not squatting freeweight until 2 months ago, etc) and this is my general progress:

bench 12rm 165
squat 6rm 245
ohp 9rm 105
dont deadlift (never learned, just squat every lower body day)
bodyweight ~245 to ~188 (started eating 1800 cal/day so i can lose these moobs)

the question: is my progress suitable for a 1 year /fat/?

Should i just focus on learning how to diet properly so i can look good or should i drastically restructure my training program

p.s. if i stopped doing high rep range bench at 165, what should my bew weight/reps be
>>
File: inferior-extensor-retinaculum.jpg (43KB, 479x382px) Image search: [Google]
inferior-extensor-retinaculum.jpg
43KB, 479x382px
i feel like everytime after i squat, this area gets weaker, parricularly on the left side. i've adjusted my stance several times, no difference. squat barefoot btw. how do i strengthen this area or what am i doing wrong?
>>
>>37306404

3 meals is perfectly fine.

Don't make 2 a habit.
>>
>>37304872
I've gained nearly 4 pounds in two weeks on a bulk. Is this too high?
>>
i slept like 3 hours today and just came back from the gym, had to cut the workout because i felt like my chest was slightly closed, lost my breath easily, and i couldnt run for more than 10 min
and i dropped half a kg
is it because i didnt sleep well?, or are the cigarettes starting to affect my lungs, im 21 been smoking for 4 years
>>
>>37306466
That is high, but it's more likely you fucked up weighing yourself.

You're weighing in the same conditions right? First thing in the morning after shitting and pissing and before eating anything?
>>
Does Tinder work outside the USA?
>>
>>37306498
You know Anon, I'm not sure what it is but let me tell you that weight is a crazy thing. It's constantly changing one day you have another kg extra, the other day you've lost a kilogram.

>>37306525
Yes
>>
>>37306530
but im actually eating more, unless the lack of sleep made me lose weight
>>
So what's this shit I hear about oats containing acid and you need to soak them in water to neutralize it?
>>
>>37306546
they contain phytic acid but it's less than many other things you eat and that acid has health benefits too. probably shouldn't be of concern unless your doc has instructed you to eliminate it from your diet.
>>
>>37306577
thanks for the answer

I got no health problems and don't eat like half a kilo of oats a day so I'll be fine
>>
>>37306518
I probably fucked up my initial weight cause it was in the middle of the day but it's been first thing in the morning when I wake up.
>>
>>37306629
what's your diet look like?
>>
Small can (160g) of tuna everyday, yay or nay? Will I get mercury poisoning?
>>
>>37306639
Eating at 3260 calories/day. Sometimes I'm under by a few hundreds though.
>>
>>37306681
Height/Weight. I guarantee you're eating too much.
>>
Is there any way to target fat loss in a specific area of the body? Im doing my first real cut and my lower abs are lagging way behind my upper abs/rest of my body.
>>
>>37306711
>Is there any way to target fat loss in a specific area of the body?
no.
>>
>>37306694
Yea that's what I'm starting to think. I'm 6'0, 151.
>>
>>37306711
No. This is the biggest lie in the fitness industry.
>>
>>37305062
Regular grip is always better than mix because the force on both shoulders is even and it works you're forearms. Therefore, the only time you should use mixedbis if you can't grip the bar with regular.
>>
>>37306721
Your TDEE is 2064. You definitely do not need to eat at a 1200 calorie surplus.

Try 2600. You shouldn't be gaining more than 1 lb per week.
>>
>>37306716
>>37306724

Welp. Back to the treadmill for me then
>>
>>37306777
diet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> exercise.
>>
>>37306757
Damn. I'm on MFP and it's telling me to eat at 3260 calories which sounds right. Will anything bad happen like me getting fat (which I highly doubt with my lifestyle) or something?
>>
>>37306530
Thanks senpai. Also, what foods are best for clean bulking? I am a skelly and find it hard to swallow 2500 calories per day so which foods are calorie-dense but contain healthy macros?
>>
The two last workouts, I've been experiencing light pain in my right hip joint when doing squats. It pisses me off, because it makes me pussy out on putting on more weigh on the rack. It eased up a bit as I got warmed up. Now, I am chilling in bed, but I can feel it even more now. Is it because I haven't warmed up enough?
>>
>>37306792

This.
When one fitness expert, forgot his name, was asked what he would do to burn fat if he could only excercise for 15 minutes each day, his answer was "Spend those 15 minutes chopping up veggies for the coming week".
>>
>>37306800

Unless you have trouble gaining weight, my suggestion is to err on the safe side... Dont eat too much.
>>
>>37306800
Myfitnesspal is inaccurate as fuck, don't listen to their recommendations.

>Will anything bad happen like me getting fat
Yes. You gained 4 pounds in 2 weeks. You maybe gain 1/2 pound of lean muscle per week. If you gain 2 pounds per week and 75% of it is fat, you're on a path for failure. Say you gain 25 pounds: You'd have 6 pounds of muscle and 18 of fat.
>>
I'm bulking and just started lifting. Should I bother doing cardio? I feel like it will work against me at this point
>>
>>37304872
Last week I definitely hurt my shoulder. It retained full mobility, but it was not comfortable in the slightest. This monday I did a very light OHP 5x5 of 65lb, it was great and easy. I could not bench even the bar, it was not comfortable at all.

Today I deadlifted 2pl8 very skeptically, but it went up very easy and I did not feel any sort of strain or pain. Only thing I feel is the top of my shoulder on the bone hurts, because im likely retarded (but it has hurt for 2-4 days).

pls help
>>
>>37306844
Holy shit. Wtf do I do then? If MFP is supposedly inaccurate, how the fuck do I count my calories?
>>
>>37306862
rest. Don't fuck with injuries.
>>
>>37306872
MFP's RECOMMENDATIONS are inaccurate is what I'm saying. Most of their entries are fine, though you should always double check them.
>>
Due to being a poorfag, I only lift with dumbbells at home. I do db squats but find my grip lacking (am using 30kg of weight per db)
would static holds be a good idea in general, alongside lunges to help my squat?
>>
>>37306890
Alright but I have fast as fuck metabolism. If I don't eat as much, I will either maintain or even lose weight. Does that matter?

Plus, what's a good full-body program? I'm thinking bout switching from body split.
>>
Do I take the plunge with meme flavours of whey? MP have a birthday cake flavour just out but no samples yet. Would it be best to just stick to say salted caramel?
>>
Cut snack ideas?

I'm doing fine 6 days a week, but on sundays I keep on wandering to the fridge since i'm actually home. Goes over my cal limit every time.
>>
File: 5aa.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
5aa.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
I wanna get stronger (Doing PHUL atm) but damn I've been bulking for almost a year (started skinnyfat) and I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna cut juuuust a little bit. I don't wanna cut a lot tho, I'm around 27% maybe and I wanna go down to 25%, just to lose a little bit of my stomach.
I do enjoy bulking, not for the food but for the strenght. What do /fit/? I look pretty good with clothes and I love how I look when I'm at the gym, but it feels weird when I look at the mirror (Mostly bloating desu, in the morning I look ok)
>>
>>37306967
carrots,celery, w/e with hummus, tuna wrap with lettuce instead of bread, cottage cheese
>>
today i tried to do some cardio but this fucking headache couldn't stop pounding as i tried to go more intense on the treadmill. anywho. is it alright to run the workout declined on the treadmill?
>>
6ft1in 255 lbs, fatty living a healthier lifestyle including diet and exercise (lots of lifting with 1 or 2 heavy cardio days a week)

Currently I'm taking 25 mg of zinc, 400mg magnesium and 2 fish oil pills a day (2.4 g of omega 3(honestly I forget if it's in mg or g))

Anyway, is that too much zinc? Am I missing anything? I'm looking to slowly lose the weight to avoid excessive skin as well as build muscle. End goal is bear mode around 200-210 lbs.
>>
>>37306967
breathin x failure
>>
>>37307058
been doing that for a while, what are you trying to say?
>>
>>37307066
just fucking around m8, what i'd always do since its pretty warm for us califags is i'd always have a 1gal bottle of water in my hand and drink the hunder pangs away
>>
File: 1424064579202.gif (896KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1424064579202.gif
896KB, 500x382px
>>37304872
If I eat half a kilo of sauerkraut will I die?
>>
Hey /fit/, any opinions on showers/hottub/steamroom after a workout? I usually down a protein shake right after my workout and shower, but sometimes I like to do one of the others. Does too much heat fuck up the protein synthesis or whatever, or is it fine?
>>
>>37307093
why don't you try it out and tell us later? please senpai
>>
>>37306984
Then cut? What the fuck are you trying to ask? >>37307014
Do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>37307125
It's fine. Just don't get a heart attack in a sauna.
>>
>>37307136
If it's really worth cutting if I wanna get stronger.
>>
>>37306919
> but I have fast as fuck metabolism
no you don't you fucking dense shit. You have, give or take, 100 calories on your TDEE. YOu don't magically need 500 more calories than is required for bulking.

>Plus, what's a good full-body program?
STARTING STRENGTH, READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>37307144
If I did, I might get to see zyzz. But right, thanks.
>>37307161
Your call man, your life, depending on what you value most. You could maintain for some period of time and burn off a bit of fat if you kept with the program as well, but that'd be slow and frankly fuck maintenance. I'd cut if I was you, but I like being aesthetic/low bf so that's my bias.
>>
>>37306963
depends. Some flavors are good, some suck. Stay away from fruit flavors imo.
>>
>>37307093
I eat shitloads of the stuff in bigos and I'm still alive.

Not sure what's gonna happen if you just eat all that raw. You should check
>>
>>37305843
StrongLifts, so bench mon fri one week, wed the next - 1.5x / week.
>>
>>37306861
Bump for knowledge pls
>>
>>37307093
No, the bacteria will likely have no effect on your intestinal flora and if they do it'll be a positive one. The acidity isn't any worse than a lot of other foods you eat and not as strong as what happens in your stomach anyway. You'll get more nutrients from fermented food than raw or cooked so eat away. Just... brush your teeth afterward.
>>
>>37307257
You can, but you should eat more when you do. Cardio is good for you after all.
>>
>>37306404
brown rice is a good source of calories senpai
>>
>>37307277
on a bulk, yes. On a cut? Fuck no.
>>
>>37307093
>half a kilo of sauerkraut

it will be extremely painful
>>
Why dont you people bulking use "mass gainers" from supp shops? Very easy way to get in an extra 800 calories with lots of prots nd carbs. Is it just a money issue, or am i missing something
>>
File: Ivan_Poddubny.jpg (13KB, 220x289px) Image search: [Google]
Ivan_Poddubny.jpg
13KB, 220x289px
How to fuck did old time lifters get so big and strong? They didn't have steroids, and they had no idea how to efficiently lift weights and exercise, so how the hell did they get so incredibly strong? Pic related, this dude is my hero, despite the fact that I have access to immensely more know lage and equipment then he did, I'll still never be as strong as this guy. How the fuck did they do it?
>>
Is creatine worth taking if your main goal is bodybuilding?

How much should you take a day?

What are some good brands?
>>
How many scoops
>>
>>37307311
Back then, natural test levels were much, much higher.
>>
File: queen.png (576KB, 479x600px) Image search: [Google]
queen.png
576KB, 479x600px
>>37307187
My bodyfat is pretty much like pic related, less quads and more boobs, but I look pretty much that soft, it's just that layer of fat in the stomach that makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes.

Before anyone asks girl is @helena.strong
>>
I'm looking to join the home gym master race, got some questions
>where should I buy?
new/used, dicks, academy, craigslist, ebay
>squat rack/bench
what should I look out for? are all created equal?
>>
>>37307312
5g a day
get anything thats monohydrate
>>
>>37307311
You have access to more knowledge, yes. But you clearly don't have the mindset to get big. You made an excuse by the very act of posting what you did. You will never be big and you will never make it with your attitude. Lift until you puke. Eat big and grow. You're meekness is palpable.
>>
Do you guys know any websites/blogs with some good recipes, preferably cut-focused only?
>>
>>37307185
SS is a meme I hear. It leaves you in TRex mode which isn't full body. Try again.
>>
>>37307340
It's your body to build as you see fit. If you want to go 27 to 25, then do it, and it shouldn't take too long. Worst case scenario is that some of your lifts flatline while you do it, but there's no reason for them to shrink. Or don't. We aren't here to tell you what mode you should gun for. That's on you.
>>
>>37307311
Ate big and lifted heavy things
>>
File: ir8b8out8.png (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
ir8b8out8.png
55KB, 625x626px
>>37307385
>>
I am 220lbs down from 300 in a couple months, is it safe to go running? And how long am I expected to be able to run? I don't want to fuck up my joints.
>Lift weights fatty
Tfw no money for gym
>>
File: 1437383677789s.jpg (2KB, 125x46px) Image search: [Google]
1437383677789s.jpg
2KB, 125x46px
>>37307388
Yeah, you're right. I'll keep the slow bulk until I reach 60kg (Initial weight last year was 52kg), sitting at 58 atm. Winter is coming here anyways.
Thanks anon
>>
File: 76564.jpg (9KB, 252x283px) Image search: [Google]
76564.jpg
9KB, 252x283px
Beer belly manlet here. Started working out last week, been lifting at the gym and at home everyday since. How long until I see results? One month, two? I take powdered protein and vitamin supplements as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 845x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 845x450px
I'm playing (american) football in germany, so we don't have strength coaches or whatever. Usually i bulk up in offseason. Now season started, we train more often and on top we play games every sunday. Between that and my university studies i'm only left with one day a week to lift.
Could someone post a good full body workout that can be pulled of on one day a week.
>>
>>37307353
>dicks
>>
>>37307311
Like everyone else famous for their strength or physique they were first born with the best genetics then they lifted regularly with a high RPE and progression.

As far as getting big goes there's nothing really complicated to it it just takes effort. If you're not working at RPE 8-9 for the majority of your work sets you're not going to grow.
>>
The term linear progression refers to linearly adding weight to each of your lifts with each consecutive session right? Like today if I deadlift 205lbs then on my next deadlift day I should be deadlifting 210lbs correct?
>>
>>37304872
Is it possible to acquire an aesthetic body while maintaining weight? (without bulking + cutting).
>>
Any supplements repair/heal joints other than nandrolone? I bot glucosamine but I suspect thats just snake oil.
>>
>>37307456
6 months minimum. I was like you, but not so out of shape. Had top tier dieticians work on my diet, and injected testosterone and didnt see any visual gains until the 6 month mark
>>
Got to 1PL8 squats after a couple days of lifting. People say my form is pretty good but after that workout i realized i couldnt fully extend one of my knees, which also feelt fragile. Should i put some ice on it and keep going? Doing SL btw
>>
>>37307403
I'm not even trolling. Through my lurking, I've seen images of people who've done it and their lower body is too big for their upper body.
>>
>>37307474
Bollocks. Lifting with that level if intensity just guaruntees you'll miss a bunch of reps from exhaustion.
>>
Just started doing overhead press with dumbbells and I could literally hear a ripping sound near my delts. It doesn't hurt but I feel like I'm doing damage and the sound is making me go cray cray. Wtf is happening?!
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 583x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 583x600px
I cannot stop thinking about my ex and because of it I've lost more than 5 tangible opportunities of getting with girls. I want to be Chad and my work ethic and personality reflect that but this bitch is killin my mental game when it comes to other women

sorry for the blog post but can anyone offer some advice on getting over this wall
>>
>>37307635
Cant help you. I have a oneitis i cant grt over, i imagine its much worse with a female you were actually intimate with.
>>
Its okay if l get the 80% of my protein intake in the night? (Around 80g)
>>
Is there any exercise that can replace chin-up or at least one that train some of the same muscles? I need it on my routine but I don't have the equipment to do it.
>>
>>37307834
Lat pulldowns. Rows to some extent
>>
>>37307834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baB2Bnk2iLU
>>
Are vitamin supplements useful if I don't eat literally any veggie or fruit or are they a scam?
>INB4 start eating them
No, I'd rather being always tired as I am for the rest of my life
>>
File: the ride never ends.gif (449KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
the ride never ends.gif
449KB, 500x500px
>>37307646
My oneitis and I made out, then she stared deep into my eyes and told me she loved me.

Fast-forward two years to now and she refuses to talk to me, but I still think about her every day. Life is awesome, brahs.
>>
>>37307894
Fuck happened during those two years?
>>
>>37307894
Yeah nigga, can't leave us hanging like that
>>
>>37307362
Yeah, but is it worth taking if you want to look bigger? Or is it only helpful with strength?
>>
>>37306813
Protein shakes, granola, bananas, oats, milk. It shouldn't be too difficult reaching 2500
>>
>>37307566
"SS is a meme" is a meme in itself.
>>
what's the deal with canola as opposed to regular rapeseed oil?
>>
>>37308331
rapeseed promotes rape culture.
>>
>>37307742
if you do this you risk becoming a protein
>>
i have been lifting for 8 months
i started with 4x8 reps and continued for 6 months. i gained too little muscle mass.
after 6 months i switched to 5x5 and been doing that for last 2 months. with 5x5 i gained much more muscle mass.

my question is i know 8-12 rep ranges are for hypertrophy and 1-5 for strenght. so why did it make the reverse effect on me?
ty
>>
File: extra virgin cold pressed rape.jpg (9KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
extra virgin cold pressed rape.jpg
9KB, 265x190px
>>37308404
Is that it? I'm just a confused yuro. Rapeseed oil is the standard in my country but today I saw canola oil that was 3x more expensive and had a shitload of "way healthier 4u" stickers all over.
>>
>>37307546
Halp plz
>>
>>37308466
Because you need to start with strength bro
>>
>>37308494
oil is oil.
>>
I'm new to lifting, how do I protect my gains? Any major gains goblins to avoid?
>>
>>37308685
friends
family
women
fun
>>
Quick nutrition question

My BMR is roughly 2800 Kcalories a day.
Should I be adding 500 to that when bulking if I am completely new to weightlifting ? Note that fatloss is a secondary goal.
>>
Are straps cheating for when I'm losing grip on deadlifts?
>captcha, select all PIZZA
>>
Will getting huge quell the roaring emptiness inside of me?
>>
Ive had varicose veins in my right leg since I was about 13. Is it related to obesity?

Has anyone had treatment for varicose veins? How was it?
>>
Is eating 1500 cals while cutting too little? 220 lbs 6'3.
>>
TDEE check please

6'1 male 198 lbs run 3 days a week, rock climb 3 days a week, tdee said 3656 on mytdee but I don't think that is correct. currently eating 2250 to cut
>>
>>37308919
You'll cut faster, but jeopardize your gains.
>>
>>37308966
Thanks. I just find it hard getting to 2000 cals and remain under 50 carbs
>>
I can't do all my reps for squats on the first set, should I deload about 10% and work my way back up?
>>
found some protein powder in my room, expired nov 2015

has been opened, but probably haven't re-opened it in a year - is it safe?
>>
>>37308834
Yes.
>>
File: 1442250200880.png (29KB, 476x633px) Image search: [Google]
1442250200880.png
29KB, 476x633px
>>37304872
>got job
>comes with gym membership to the facility
I've read the sticky and have been """"cutting"""" for about a month (lost maybe 8 pounds), but I've never been to a gym before and I figure this is a good place to start.

Pic related is what they have in terms of free weights I guess, the important things are the squat rack and benches, right? Or is it missing something crucial?
>>
>>37305189
this is literally the answer >>37304872
i get it too
>>
>>37307566
why the fuck don't you actually try working shit out for yourself if you're going to fall for one of the most obvious baits in /fit/ and then try to act pretentious when someone tries to help you
>>
Any tips to bulking besides "eat more"? I can barely eat a normal sized meal and I have no idea how I'm maintaining my weight because I never reach 2000 calories.
>>
>>37308780
spend at least 6 months lifting and getting your noob gains while at a deficit before you even think about doing a bulk and cut
>>
>>37304872
Do any of you guys think stretchmarks on women are a dealbreaker?
I have them arround my upper thights, around my butt, back and genitals and they're extremely broad and long, almost if i got slized up as a child. Sometimes they get red and hurt from friction, and i'm extremely nervous about it. Single aswell, since i'm so ashamed.
>>
>>37309200
look, smell and taste it and find out
i've had some protein that's fine 8 months afterwards but some that tasted like chemical cancer 40 days after
>>
>>37309616
read sticky and find out for yourself
no one is going to study your shit and write a personal program for you, get a PT if you don't know shit after reading sticky and reading online
>>
>>37309710
I'm not asking for a program, and I've been reading through SS. I just wanted to know if that equipment looks good.

But I guess it would be better to find out myself.
>>
>>37309699
both of my 9+/10 ex gas have had stretch marks on their asses before, actually a turn on for me because it reminds me how high test they are while also being skinny. i've never seen stretch marks on genitals before, i guess it would be a case by case basis, would need to see to judge
>>
>>37309729
*gfs, fucking autocorrect
>>
>>37309661
So me telling someone what I've observed is acting pretentious? Now I don't wanna even listen to what the fuck you gotta say... The door.
>>
>>37306711
Everyone has certain places that stubborn fat seems to cling to and that's one of them. It will often be one of the last places you will see results.
>>
>>37309699
I don't because I'm not a neckbeard that thinks only fat chicks get stretchmarks. My gf is a skeleton at 5'7 100 lbs, she's been skinny her whole life, yet she has stretch marks on her ass. Doesn't turn me off though.
>>
File: 1461633680617.jpg (169KB, 610x395px) Image search: [Google]
1461633680617.jpg
169KB, 610x395px
>>37309673
if you're really struggling you can find bulking supplements which are meant to help such as gainers, http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gainers.htm
>>37309749
>Now I don't wanna even listen to what the fuck you gotta say... The door.
>>
>>37309762
How's that even possible? Every skinny girl I've ran into never had stretch marks. Lemme guess, she's white?
>>
>>37309855
Asian. She just grew really fast when she hit puberty, that's why some people get stretch marks without necessarily being fat.
>>
>>37309874
Oh shit Asian? Never would've guessed but damn bruh, I guess.
>>
>>37308173
>>37308197
It's really not that interesting. But if you're bored:

>me in a band, start playing shows, local music scene etc.
>this beautiful grill starts playing the same shows as me. we meet via mutual friends.
>we start to get close, really close. become best friends, get wasted together, trust each other with darkest secrets, etc.
>an unspoken amount of tension starts developing between us. she's touchy-feely, holds my arm, leans up against me, stuff like that.
>one night we get particularly drunk. she was having problems with whoever she was dating at the time.
>waiting for an Uber, i lay on the grass face-up by the street. she leans down and hovers her face above mine lmao Spider-Man style. she kisses me. it feels good.
>this happens a few more times over the next couple months or so. we get completely obliterated, fool around with each other, then pass the fuck out in one of our cars.
>she tells me she loves me. i say the same. this happens a several times.
>feelings start getting messy. we were both dating other people at the time, already long-term relationships with people she knew personally.
>she starts getting REALLY drunk. we start having fights. she gets violent, starts hitting/choking me. i have to stay up late to calm her down, make sure she gets home safe etc.
>our relationship continues to devolve. she doesn't show an interest in being with me long-term, and that us fooling around was a mistake, etc.
>i start to lose my cool, getting upset, clingy, aggressive. i took the whole "i love you thing" very personally.
>she starts avoiding me, not answering calls and texts.
>i begin drinking very heavily. extremely depressed, angry at myself trying to figure out where it all went wrong, whose fault it was, going insane over who initiated who.

My drinking got out of hand so that's why I go gym now. Still dead inside though. I either gotta move states or just an hero already.
>>
>>37307891
Any diet or supplement without veg and at least minimal fruit is a scam. Find the ones you hate least and just eat them, don't be a baby. Your diet will make or break your fitness.
>>
>>37309762
ok, thank you. It's just that i grew a lot in a very short amount of time - i'm 5´11" now and have been chubby at most.
>>37309729
It's going downwards from my genitals within my thighs, and they are actually about 2-3 cm wide, a few mm deep and 10 cm long, so i don't even wear swimsuits or show myself naked in public. Being intimate with my partner is also not that easy for me...
Still, thanks, you give me hope that i'm just paranoid. Sorry, i won't show skin.
>>
>>37309986
Should've knew all that shit wasn't real since yall did all of it drunk...
>>
>>37309700
Throw it out, who uses expired food? At best it will be stale, at worst rancid or spoiled.
It's not that expensive to just buy a fresh can/bag.
>>
I fucked up my knee by accidentally pushing it towards my other knee from shit form. My knee was shit for a month and the doctor told me not to go below parallel. Now I'm going below parallel again because I want gains. But now that knee feels "tight" or just unresponsive, and I can feel it shaking slightly under weight. What do? I can't stand still being at lmao1pl8
>>
Whats a good calorie counting app? for android?
>>
>>37310297
MyFitness Pal
>>
Memes aside, how much water should someone drink a day?
>>
>>37305169
If you have a serious known condition, even from the past, you should absolutely consult a doctor before really getting into a new exercise routine.
>>
File: 1463583302670.jpg (134KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1463583302670.jpg
134KB, 512x512px
So I've been doing a bunch of kettlebell compound exercises that always left my legs more tired than my arms. Today I did some research of sorts and made a routine that primarily focuses on upper body/back/core. I then proceeded to run through said routine and immediately found that I needed to use half the weight of my previous routine.

Did I accidently into SS or what?
>>
>>37310210
m8 listen to your doctor
If he says don't do something, it's usually for a good reason
>>
>>37310462
>upperbody
>back
>core
isn't back and 'core' already part of upper body?
>>
>>37310409
8 glasses.
>>
When I start to feel uncomfortable skinny in the gym its time to start focusing on building muscle instead of loosing weight, right? I don't need to go auschwitz?

I'm 6'3" 185 lbs now down from 255 lbs
>>
>>37310528
I said memes aside
>>
>>37310525
I was trying to describe the breadth of the routine as being something besides alone. but yes your point stands.
>>
>>37310551
1.893 Liters
>>
>>37310551
As much as it takes to keep your piss mostly clear and you not feeling thirsty.
>>
So my gym has a rowing machine with cables, and one of those lying T-row things that you lay down face forward on and pull the bar towards you.

I really dislike doing rows with a barbell. Are these acceptable substitutes? It always feels like I'm fucking up my back when I do it with just a bar.
>>
>>37310409
Try for at least 3 L per day

>>37310210
>not to go below parallel
Don't listen to that bullshit, it's not what caused your knee to get hurt

Learn how to squat properly and do it properly from now on. You should know and have practiced all the basic cues (knees over toes, etc) BEFORE you go and try and squat

Post form check

>>37309616
1. Barbell and weights
2. Squat rack
3. Bench
Then DBs and any accessories/machines
>>37309720
>reading through SS
Jump ahead to the equipment chapter to have a look then

>>37309062
Yes
Make sure your form is 'perfect' when you deload

Post form check, improve technique
Eat/Sleep more

>>37308942
It's easy to overestimate calories burned through exercise
Any calorie counting for exact weight control is going to take some degree of trial and error. If the numbers at the end of the week(s) aren't right, slightly adjust calories until they are.

>>37308830
No, but you shouldn't resort to straps right away
Double overhand > Chalk > Mixed grip before straps
Consider if hook grip is for you

>>37308780
Read the sticky
Learn the difference between BMR and TDEE

>>37308466
What are your lifts?
I would wager that your lifts are shit and you're one of those idiots that immediately went for 'muh aesthetics'

>>37307742
All that matters is totals at the end of the day

>>37307552
>People say
People are generally retards. 90% of people who work out don't know how to squat properly

Post form check
Don't go too heavy too fast

>>37307514
Yes
Some people make higher jumps when they start out. But 5 lb/session is standard LP

>>37307460
>one day a week
Nope
Do every main lift on the one day if you don't have any other days

>>37307435
Yes
Doesn't matter how long. Do what you can, which won't be much at first
Look into Couch 2 5k

>>37307308
Because real food >> supplements

>>37306817
Always warm up properly. Like 5-10 min light cardio, optional dynamic stretching and enough warmup sets
Consider stretching things that are tight
>>
>>37310597
based
>>
>>37310551
8 glasses you dehydrated fuck boy.
>>
>>37310529
Yes

>>37310595
You feel like you're fucking up your back because you're using a weight that is too heavy and otherwise have shit form
Rows are the easiest lift to cheat weight on
>>
File: 4channer.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
4channer.gif
2MB, 300x225px
I'm very asymmetrical. Left side of my body is smaller than my right in every case, but most of it is only noticeable with a tape.

My lats however... My left is noticeably much smaller in a flex.

I think I'm just too right dominate in pulldowns and rows.

I've been doing 20 body weight chin-ups (palms in) as a warm-up before my routine. Will this help balance my lats out?
>>
>>37310616
Exercising in general (assuming you are using correct and even form) will help balance you out.

>>37306711
Read the fucking sticky
'spot reduction'

>>37306450
Post form check
Warmup properly before

>>37306173
Sparrow
Probably still lurks
BTW, it's surprisingly common for females to lose bladder control during intense lifts
>>
>>37310595
i like dumbbell rows as a replacement

pretty hard to fuck those up
>>
>>37309616
>squat rack
>bench
>incline bench
>dumbbells
yep you have everything you'll ever really need. Leg press and preacher curl bench are good bonuses that you may find use for at some point.
>>
What's a good set of timing for interval cardio? I'm 310 and on a treadmill, and looking to do about 60 mins at a time
>>
So I got my squat up to like 240 for 5 and was feeling good about it but realized that I was SEVERELY leaning forward. I realized that because of this my quads had lagged severely behind and I can only do about 175 with good form and even that's a struggle. Am I gonna have to build all the way back up 5 lbs at a time? Because that fucking blows if so. Also, how will I keep working my quads and hamstrings when my squats are now doing very little for them? Are heavy deadlifts enough to make up for it?

Hopefully the way I phrased that made sense.
>>
I got my test measured and the result is 142 pg/ml but all the charts I can find online are in mg/dL or nmol
Does anyone have one in pg/ml or know whether that's high or low?
I'm 19 btw
>>
>>37310905
you sure you're reading it right? Just google "pg/ml to mg/d" you idiot
>>
>>37310903
>how will i keep working my quads...

Plate loaded leg press and front squats desu
>>
>>37310597
i am this guy >>37308466

i did not go for aesthetics or shit dude. i am doing what my trainer tells me to do. he is making rotines for me. i knew this 5x5 4x8 or shit routines but did not question him cause he seemed like he knew his shit. after 6 months he gave me 5x5 routine and doing that since
will you answer what i asked ? or continue to shitposting ?
>>
>>37310610
>>Rows are the easiest lift to cheat weight on

Yeah I've definitely noticed this. Depending on how I shift my balance it completely changes the way the lift feels. I never know how much to engage my lower back or whatever, or how far forward to bend. tfw no PT. Do you know of any good instructional videos I can watch for this? I'd prefer to do it with a barbell just for dem stabilizer gains.
>>
whoops meant to say glutes there my bad

Will leg press help my squat go back up since it's a quad weakness?
>>
>>37310944
Converters gave me weird results
Either way below or way above average
>>
>>37310980
meant for
>>37310965

good lord am I bad at typing today
>>
>>37311030
plate loaded leg press hits the quads mostly. AS does front squats. I found that these two exercises increase quad strength much more effectively than leg extensions and carry over to back squat better.

Also, if you want to be more upright squat using weightlifting shoes, work on your ankle mobility, and allow your knees to go as forward as possible.
>>
File: mfw.png (284KB, 499x559px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
284KB, 499x559px
Going to the gym for the first time today to try my first day of SS. I read through the book's chapters on what I intend to do (squat, bp, deadlift) but I'm invariably going to look like a fucking retard regardless.

The book says to add weight until I feel the weight getting slower but I'm not really sure what that means.
>>
>>37311100
>forgot to actually ask my question
How do I know how much weight to use? The book says to add weight until I feel the weight getting slower but I'm not really sure what that means.
>>
How great are the noob gains after my first three months gonna be?
>>
>>37311120
It's different for everyone depending on diet, test levels, form, etc.
>>
>>37311100
Do what the book says; it should become the source of your passion and your protector from despair. Here's an inspiring quote from my own SS book.

Gab es denn da einen Unrat, eine Schamlosigkeit in irgendeiner Form, vor allem des kulturellen Lebens, an der nicht wenigstens ein Jude beteiligt gewesen wäre? Sowie man nur vorsichtig in eine solche Geschwulst hineinschnitt, fand man, wie die Made im faulenden Leibe, oft ganz geblendet vom plötzlichen Lichte, ein Jüdlein.
>>
>>37311382

Nobody here speak Syrian.
>>
What are some tips for doing OHP?

Is it ok to put 1 foot forward?
>>
why is it so much easier for manlets to get big?
>>
>>37311637
Proportions.

13" arms will look bigger on a 5'10" manlet than a 6'2" human.
>>
Can I do Incline Skull Crushers with a straight barbell? My gym doesn't have the Ez curl one.

If not, are there alternatives? I'm going to start to add it to the end of my SS week. Should I just swap it with tricep extensions?
>>
After I finish this shake I have 400 calories left for the day, what should I eat? I just had dinner
>>
>>37311727
>asking randoms online what you should eat

The door.
>>
My toes have become noticeably less cold since I started lifting, why is this?

Why is standing OHP so much harder than sitting, and why do they build roof's so short?

Why am I so much weaker than I expected?
>>
>>37311816
Do you know where you are?
Are you this new?
Are you 10?
>>
>>37311873
1) You're trippin out.
2) You're utilizing more muscles for stabilizing
3) Because you're disillusion, new, and DYEL.
>>
I do SS (tues/thurs) and plyometrics (mon, weds, fri) for soccer in the mornings. If i go to the gym with my girl and do accessories/run nightly will my soccer training be ok or will i be overtraining? Right now i feel ok, but i dont wanna hurt something in the future
>>
>>37311709
He-he I love being tall
>>
My neck really hurts after doing squats today, I think I might have pinched a nerve or something. Am I going to die?
>>
File: 1461805022725.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1461805022725.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
So, I'm doing SS and cutting, but I want to add some accessories as found on Trappy's suggestion (lateral raises, closegrip bench, dips, etc.). How far into SS should I start to add accessories?
>>
>>37312347
When you plateau squat at 400lb
>>
I read the sticky but still dont get it, my protein intake should be the same every day or should l have more the days l go to gym?
>>
>>37312356
Christ.
>>
>>37312380
Same roughly, but try esp not to miss protein requirements on days you go to gym.
>>
File: 1461983622042.jpg (113KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1461983622042.jpg
113KB, 500x625px
ALRIGHT NIGGAS

>average endurance, semi /fit/, lanky guy
>biking 150km in 3 months
Doable? What do I train with? Possible to bulk/workout and still be able to do the bike in 3 months?
Seems doable desu but I'm not sure as I've never done such a distance.
>>
Asking again if anyone has advice on HIIT timing, for 60 minutes treadmill running
>>
I forgot to weigh myself before I started 5x5 and dieting right.

I think I was somewhere between 230-240 and now I'm 227ish weighing every morning after I shower.

What do? Should I just stop caring about weight and only care about my physique in the mirror? How can I tell if I have improved? It feels so marginal. I didn't take a shirtless pic before to compare to.
>>
>>37312496
Nice, thanks
>>
>>37312555

Start now.
>>
>>37311712

You can do skullcrushers with dumbbells.
>>
When you cut do you keep the same weight load the whole summer or do you still try to improve your lifts?
>>
>>37312819
depends on your goals.
>>
>>37312819

You try to improve, but its generally a slower process than when you're not dropping weight.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 293x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 293x502px
Hey /fit/ longtime lurker firstime poster.

A couple of questions

1. What's the minimum number of hours I should sleep at night for maximum gains?
2. I've been doing bench every workout - what's an alternative for flat bench press that works the same muscles but confuses muscles?
>>
>>37313095
minimum 8

>confuses muscles
what, you mean progressive overload?

you can do dumbell press, weighted pushups or decline/incline bench
>>
>Has anyone had femoral acetabular impingement, and do you know how to fix it?
>>
Where can i buy roids online?
>>
just started lifting, first day deadlift was fine, 2nd day i hurt my back and went home

i realise now that i have no fucking idea how to not lift with my back. Like i've watched videos and read shit to keep my lower back "neutral". I've been practicing with a broom but if i think "what if this was actually heavy" i just imagine myself breaking.

Should i bend my knees more? rippleman said it's not just a squat holding a bar so maybe thats got me fucked up. Should i be trying to lift my ass up? I dont get it.

I was going to go back today and if i fuck up again i'll probably be too scared to deadlift now
>>
Just joined a new gym and I saw a guy doing pull ups on the smith machine. Is this normal?
>>
Does weed slow metabolism?

>cutting, stuck between 215 and 225 for 3 months on 2k calorie diet
>smoke weed errday
>decide to stop smoking for non-fitness related reasons (bought a house and need to cut my monthly expenses a bit till I'm used to paying mortgage, gas, electricity water etc etc
>no changes in diet
>dropped to 200 in 2 weeks

I DON'T UNDERSTAND I THOUGHT METABOLISM WAS A MEME
>>
Anyone have thyroid issues? I got diagnosed with thyroiditis recently and I'm not sure what changes I should make to my diet to help me during my cut. I'm slowly going dairy free but I was wondering if anyone found something that worked for them?
>>
>>37313157
Learn to keep a posterior pelvic tilt in the squat.

>>37313381
Check out some videos on how to "hip hinge".

>>37313570
You can use the Smith machine for whatever you like. Sometimes you have to get creative out of necessity, sometimes you get creative for practical reasons (maybe he was supersetting with something nearby for example).

>>37314300
If metabolism wasn't a thing you'd be dead.

>>37314411
Medication may be in order. Other than that, exercise and healthy diet is always your first line of defense.
>>
Is 1.5/3/4/5 plate strong according to normies? According to /fit/?
>>
Back on monday while I was doing squats my right knee started flaring with pain. Ever since then I feel a bit of pain while walking and going to sit down.

Should I take a break from the gym for a week to see if it gets better or should I just drop the weights for my squats?
>>
>>37313381
Move around in front of a mirror or record yourself. Take note of how your back moves. It's not a part of your body you normally see, so many people have a bad sense for it - can't tell if they're rounding or straight.

Lot's of vids on youtube about deadlift form, including from rippe if you havn't seen that one.
>>
>>37313570
the bar in the smithmachine is the only straight bar in my gym. the power cage has funky angled bars and the assisted pullup tower too
i love me a straight bar
>>
How many cals in ~85g of boneless, skinless chicken thigh if it was marinated in a shitton of oil and then baked in the oven until dry as fuck?

I'm really shit at estimating.
>>
The 3 sets 5 reps bitch shit. Or is it good when doing high weight (for me)
>>
Didn't want to start a new thread for this because I have nothing to contribute to start it, but I'm looking for the best protein bar recipes /fit/ has.

I looked at a bunch that google brought up and half of them just seemed like glorified chocolate bars.
>>
>>37306442
yeah but for real, any tips?
>>
>>37315198
oil has tons of calories, but most of the oil based marinade stays in the container and baking tray. if you want a decent estimate, weigh again after taking them out of marinade, dripping excess oil off and take the difference to before as oil.
>>
>>37315266
Sadly I'm not the one who cooked them.

I'm not that autistic about calories, but is it roughly 200/300/400/500/600 each or what? I have absolutely no idea.
>>
>>37315309
tablespoon of oil is 120ish. Worst case maybe 250kcal a piece, you'd usually have less than that sticking to a piece of meat.
>>
>>37315383
thanks m8
>>
is weight gainer powder a meme? that's what I've been taking since I started lifting almost 2 months ago and I've gained about 4 pounds. Should I just switch to normal protein powder? my current shakes have about 800 calories.
>>
File: 1463282586951.png (57KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
1463282586951.png
57KB, 600x434px
>tfw body is shutting down
>tfw bad atopic dermatitis w/ frequent infections
>tfw some sort of nerve damage in one arm
>tfw doctor for carotenin buildup in kidneys + have been losing strength, feeling lethargic and getting pudgy lately
>haven't been to the gym for nearly 3 weeks because of nerve pain in arm
>only 22 but body already shutting down and can't lift anymore
>recently became completely straight edge too
Is there hope for me /fit/

I don't wanna die yet
>>
>>37314544
>Check out some videos on how to "hip hinge".
Not that guy but will do.
>>
>>37315593
Genetic failure :/
>>
>>37315647
Worst part is I have high testosterone too and was perfectly normal and healthy until last winter
>>
File: image.jpg (322KB, 904x1320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
322KB, 904x1320px
This is my CB in not particularly favourable lighting.

I have been cutting using leangains protocol and now I am starting to feel weak as fuck and depleted, lifts are dropping.

Am I lean enough to consider slowly bulking now? Or even a recomp?

But more importantly, are slow bulks and recomps just memes?
>>
File: image.jpg (166KB, 629x1001px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 629x1001px
>>37315690
More favourable lighting, in case that matters.
>>
File: 1360845829248.jpg (460KB, 1126x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1360845829248.jpg
460KB, 1126x1001px
Is it ok when I just stick to one 1-2 kinds of verggies or do I have to vary more?
>>
>>37315820
Well at the very least try to at least have one that's dark green and one that's orange. Here's a little info:
https://www.utm.utoronto.ca/health/sites/files/health/public/shared/pdfs/The%20Power%20of%20Orange%20%26%20Green.pdf

Eating a variety is probably the best way to cover the widest spread of micronutrients but if you want to just stick to broc & carrots it probably won't hurt.
>>
>>37315820
Depends on the veg, there may be essential vitamins or amino acids you're missing out on.
>>
I'm taking the following supplements:

Creatine
L-arginine
Glucosamine
Vitamin D

And i'm getting stomach cramps. does anyone know which one of these is known for giving stomach cramps or should i just try them individually to identify it?
>>
>>37315703
i would definetly start my bulk again. or wait until the sunny weather passes.
>>
>>37315845
>broc & carrots it probably won't hurt.

What´s a good substitute for broc?
>>
>>37316247
Trust me on this one brah.

Spread broccoli florets on oven tray, drizzle with oil of choice, season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Bake until just getting crispy, squeeze lemon juice over.

It's weird how good it tastes, could literally eat plate after plate.
>>
>>37305673
Thanks, I did what you said this morning and the bar just seemed to shoot up by itself. Ended up doing 67.5 for 7 at the end.
>>
File: 1457886277037.jpg (37KB, 640x437px) Image search: [Google]
1457886277037.jpg
37KB, 640x437px
Any time I go without food for more than 2 or 3 hours, I feel like I'm gonna starve and can't even focus on anything else other than the feeling of hunger.
This isn't a problem when I'm at home, but it's quite tiresome in situations when I can't eat (at work, for example)
Is this normal or could it mean some kind of vitamin / nutrient deficiency?
>>
can chicken develop food borne bacteria if its been cooked thoroughly and not been put into the fridge for about lets say 5 hours?
>>
>>37317087
any cooked food that has been left out for hours can develop some bacteria and get you sick. Just stick it in the microwave for a minute and you'll be ok.

>>37316392
that type of hunger is mostly controlled by habit. What I mean is that it's not actual hunger. Your body isn't saying "holy shit you better eat something ASAP or we're dead!!!" If you want to experience actual hunger, don't eat for a few days.

What's going on is that you're so accustomed to eating regularly that your body is a spoiled brat demanding food just because it's used to eating every so often. It's a mental thing, not an actual hunger thing. You can train yourself out of it.
>>
>>37316022
we can't tell what's going on in your body. You know what to do, do it.
>>
>>37317133
>Just stick it in the microwave for a minute and you'll be ok.

okay cool. i figured just nuking it would make everything okay.
>>
22 YO
73 kilos
184 cm tall
16% BF

TDEE calculators come out at roughly 2700.

As a complete beginner trying to clean bulk, should that be my starting calorie intake ? +250 ? +500 ?
>>
>>37304872
Does anyone have the "starting ass" routine pic saved?
Girl I know wants to start lifting and is too lazy to look up a program. She has some of the biggest ass and thighs I've ever seen so I feel like she has potential.

Thanks in advance
>>
bros. I'm sad.

I benched 70kg last week. Attempted 3x5 but I only managed the first full set, the next set was 4 reps, and then for the last set I dropped it down to 65kg. I was pretty satisfied as it was 2.5kg more than before.
Today I thought I'd be able to at LEAST 2x5 but I only managed 4 reps. Not even a full set.
What's the reason for this? I did do squats before benching, whereas last week I just went straight to bench first. Could that be it?
>>
>>37317185
as a beginner, you have the benefit of not needing to start off bulking. Eat your TDEE and as you increase the weight, you'll eventually hit a wall. When you hit that wall and start to stall, then add 250 calories. Repeat the process as necessary. You could just jump by 500 cals instead of 250, but that's more on how ok you are with stalling frequently.
>>
>>37317211
could be you're not eating enough. Could be a bunch of things.
>>
>>37305392
A week usually. Can be 2.

>>37305722
~4:1 F:M

>>37306466
Water

>>37306677
Everyday? Probably. One every 3 days would be fine.

>>37306900
Yes

>>37307049
30mg of zinc is the sweet spot, so no.

>>37307315
Retarded question

>>37311555
Don't put one foot forward. Squeeze your core and butt really hard, and I mean, REALLY HARD.

>>37315079
Very strong yes. / 1RM, kinda. For reps, yes.
>>
Do you have to do the loading period of creatine? I'm assuming it will just take longer to work if you don't.
>>
>>37308625
Well it cooks slightly differently but yes, given the choice I would avoid the corn oils.
you can fry things at a higher temp with rapeseed than with vegetable oil.
>>
>>37318505
RAPESEED??
>>
>>37317211
Sleep or hydration issues, different time of day, stress, all kinds of shit can lead to a bad day.
>>
>>37318559

Canola = rapeseed.
>>
>>37308331
canola is a better name for selling it. It's literally the same thing, with no negative rape connotations so normies are happier to buy it
>>
>>37318428
This please
>>
>>37308625
>>37318505
Oil tiers here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooking_oil#Types_of_oils_and_their_characteristics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoke_point
>More unsaturated (mono/poly) = better
>Higher smoke point = better if cooking, kinda irrelevant if not cooking at high temp or used cold (eg mayonnaise, salad)
>>
Ive always been told I have bad hamstring flexibility and I need to stretch them more, for almost 2 years ive been trying to stretch them 2-3 times a day. I only ever feel a pull behind my knee at the very base of my hamstrings, is it something else holding me back? I feel like after this long I would have made some progress, but I have been able to squat or deadlift because of what I thought was hamstring mobility. Anyone have any thoughts?
>>
if i aim for strength and size do i need some periodization on program or is ok just lift and add weight/reps/sets etc overtime on some routine? be it u/l p/p or whatever?
>>
What can do for inner thigh? Is are soft like gray Siberian hamster hair. Training to make good squeeze for inner thigh?
>>
>>37319258
Many people blaim tight hamstrings when somebody can't squat. In reality, it's almost never the case.

>>37319280
There's a saying that the best program in the World will deliver shit results if you half-ass it, and the worst routine ever will deliver amazing results if you give it your all.

That said, a well-planned approach is always going to be more optimal than doing this at random and hoping for the best. As a rule, everything seems to work for a little while, but the less well thought out the program is, the sooner you're going to stall.
>>
>>37319339
i was thinking about 5/3/1 BBB. or program - template from eric helms'es book.
>>
>>37319339
After stretching for this long without any progress im almost 100% its not my hamstrings, I just dont know where to go from here
>>
>>37319491
Well what's the problem? You can't squat? What's happening?
>>
So my lower back will occasionally start hurting after bending down or doing something in a squatting position for a bit (washing a car rim, picking up something I swept up, etc.)
For the longest time I thought it was just from having a weaker back/core because I had just started deadlifting, but after doing it for a couple months and the pain is still there, I'm starting to think something else might be involved. On top of that, I started a program two weeks ago that has me squatting three times a week, so I'm worried I might fuck up my back.
Anyone know what's going on?
>>
>>37319554
When i approach parallel my mid back rounds, I cant keep upright even with support my legs in general are too tight to maintain a neutral back
>>
Why do I smell like burning plastic when I work out? BPA from my water bottle leeching out of my sweat?
>>
>>37319591
It's not a problem with your legs then. It's a matter of your brain not knowing how to brace in the squat. And because it doesn't know how to brace, your CNS locks down mobility, particularly in your hips, in order not to have you fall on your ass.
Do goblet squats 3-10 times a week for 6 weeks, gradually REDUCING the weight as this actually makes it harder (less counterweight). If even goblet squats are too hard, you can start with "Simba squats".

That should solve the problem. No need to waste time stretching anything.
>>
>>37319645
Thanks Ill try that out
>>
>>37319636
You pretty much have to cook your bottle of water for BPA even to leak. Most likely it's all the synthetic shit you're wearing
>>
Which exercises should I avoid if I had a minor injury deadlifting? I'm almost pain free now and I can move normally, it happened last friday.
>>
Im 265 lbs, 6'2

Should i stop lifting (sl program) and solely focus on cutting to lose weight. Its seems like people say yes and no in an equal amount. I want to be 200 by my 21st birthday, but i know thats probably impossible with it happening in november.
>>
File: ul.png (26KB, 707x246px) Image search: [Google]
ul.png
26KB, 707x246px
going to post it here too

template hypertrophy routine from the muscle and strength pyramide. author said you can change exercises so i would take out lat pulldown and do pullups, leg press for front squat. dont have equip for leg extensions and leg curls so i would just do some lunges.
but what about ohp? is once a week ok? also, the deadlift volume seems too high.
>>
Is feltching a dead horse degenerate, or a great protein source?
>>
>>37319831

Lift, because you'll wish you started sooner if you don't
>>
Is kinobody's Greek God worth it? I'm tired of lifting and lifting and looking almost the same as I was.
>>
>>37319831

Lift and stay away from the scale, you'll be burning fat, gaining muscle so you won't notice any weight loss.

Don't look in the mirror for progress for several weeks. Then you will see it and it will be motivation.
>>
Is pic related legit?
>>
>>37320117
It proves Hitler was right
>>
File: k.gif (647KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
k.gif
647KB, 500x289px
>>37320149
>>
>>37320149
Oh you
>>
How do i isolate my teres muscle?

Somehow from doing only weighted chin ups and Yate's row with a couple wide grip pull ups from time to time, i have developed an imbalance.

My left teres is slightly smaller (thought i was tripping, but my bf confirmed it for me)

So i then switched to only one-arm rows, with an emphasis on my left side.

Now i think my left lat is growing but not my left teres.

I obviously am going to stop emphasizing my left side, and focus on symmetry, but is there some teres isolation exercise i can add as an accessory to my one arm row (which is currently my only lift for back now) to try and even things out a bit more directly?
>>
Good lower trap exercises?
>>
>>37320117
Isn't this exactly the same as the trap aesthetics meme?
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 486x806px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 486x806px
When I do compound lifts I do
8/6/4/2/1max/1max+10
3x5 on 80%
Is this too much?
If so, what should I do.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.