[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Steve Reeves natty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: mahler109_c.jpg (27KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
mahler109_c.jpg
27KB, 400x580px
Was Steve Reeves natty?
>>
File: reeves2.jpg (33KB, 400x536px) Image search: [Google]
reeves2.jpg
33KB, 400x536px
>>37295358
In that pic? Unquestionably. People have speculated he may have experimented with steroids in the 60s and later but he was definitely natty in the 50s.
>>
>Was the world's number one bodybuilder after the isolation of testosterone "natty"?
>>
File: From Popular Science - Nov 1948.jpg (48KB, 230x468px) Image search: [Google]
From Popular Science - Nov 1948.jpg
48KB, 230x468px
>>37295358

Reeves was staunchly anti-steroids later in life, but that doesn't mean anything. This was the same man that bullshitted he turned down James Bond and the Man With No Name roles.

His last bodybuilding win was in 1950, which is before when historians commonly claim steroids were in use (likely bullshit as John Davis claims the US Weightlifting team were given roids then and wait for the list below...).

My personal opinion is that he was natural or very low doses during most of his BB career but he was deffo on during his film career, which is something he has admitted.

>>37295418
>>Was the world's number one bodybuilder after the isolation of testosterone "natty"?

You don't know the half of it:

>List of Steroid type drugs available to 1940's bodybuilders potentially -
>Androsterone - (Schering - 1934)
>Androfort (Richter - 1936)
>Testosterone Propionate - Sterandryl (Roussel - 1936)
>Testoviron (British Schering - 1936)
>Virormone (Paines & Byrne - 1936)
>Perandren (Ciba - 1937)
>Neo-Hombreol (Organon - 1937)
>Pantestin (Richter - ?? *at least 1941)
>Erugon-S (Bayer - ?? *at least 1941)
>Methyltestosterone - Metandren (Ciba - 1940)
>Perandren Linguets (Ciba - 1940)
>Glosso-Sterandryl (Roussel - 1941)
>Neo-Hombreol-M (Organon - 1941)
>Oreton M (British Schering - 1942)
>Oraviron (British Schering - 1942)
>Viromone- Oral (Paines & Byrne - 1942)
>Testosterone Cypionate
>Depo-Testosterone (Upjohn - 1951)

Also see pic attatched. I wouldn't trust anyone past 1935 honestly.
>>
File: steevereevesvacuum.gif (139KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
steevereevesvacuum.gif
139KB, 700x450px
MUST WATCH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf9ZB9oNpd0
>>
>>37295954
>that waist

good lord
>>
>>37295954
do you srsly expect anyone here to actually read that?
>>
File: aesthetic.gif (3MB, 435x295px) Image search: [Google]
aesthetic.gif
3MB, 435x295px
>>37296015
Only the untermensche will refuse to read it.
>>
>>37295945

Iron historians will tell you that those were available, but unlikely to have been used outside of medical use.

But they're full of shit. Hawaii produced the best US strength athletes in the US before York Barbell Club took the mantel. Coincidently Hawaii was the main location where the US army sent seriously injured troops after the war to recover and be given new fangled shots of steroids. 2+2= ...?
>>
>>37295358
i saw this exact thread 3 times before. is this a glitch in the matrix?
>>
>>37295954

god tier waist
>>
>>37296044
Corney is GOAT
>>
>>37296114
no it's fit, where the same 15 threads are on repeat for eternity
>>
>>37295954
The problem with that to me is that it would be very easy to profesional body builders to reach near perfect symmetry. With all the advanced bodybuilding techniques and all the fitness equiptment that exists today, it wouldn't be hard to reach such standards. If everyone can reach that standard then it would be a very boring competition. However, the current standards for bodybuilding competitions are still terrible, because their focus is "the bigger the better" which as the video says, leads to rampant drug usage. I guess I would have to prefer Reeve's proposition. Less challenging, but more pleasant to watch.
>>
>>37296084
>>
Possibly
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.