[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mewing/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 21

File: mikemew.jpg (89KB, 436x284px) Image search: [Google]
mikemew.jpg
89KB, 436x284px
>What is mewing?
It's the exercise of having your mouth closed, teeth together and tongue on the roof of your mouth

>Does it work?
Yes, absolutely, some have a more malleable bone structure and will see faster results, but it does work.

>What do I do?
There are two simple things you have to do.
1. Chew hard gum.
2. Perform a simple exercise.
I will explain each in detail below:

>Chewing gum.
This process strengthens your facial muscles, allowing them to be more accentuated, reducing the pudgy look, and giving a more "indented" and concave look, adding more definition while also improving dental structure and health.
Like dogs and other animals, we were meant to constantly chew to strengthen our jaws and biting strength.

Traditional gum is full of sugar and incredibly soft, made for weak people.
This is /fit/, we don't chew pussy gum.

>Tongue exercise.
This is the most important part and perform this exercise whenever you're not chewing gum.
What you have to do is align your front row of teeth so they're parallel top to bottom, use a mirror, close your mouth and keep it relaxed, do not grind them.
Then using as much area as you can of your tongue, apply pressure on the roof of your mouth.
If it gets slightly uncomfortable, you're doing good.
What you should feel, and the only way you know its working is if you feel place your fingers underneath your jaw and feel a hardening and flexing motion happening.

This flexing motion is what is used to push your jaw forward over time, and to give it more definition, fixing any under-bite and aligning things properly.

This will take time, do not give up, results for me were visible in less then 3 months.

Mewing 101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9OqEd5z1k&ab_channel=Orthotropics

Dr. Mew's full lecture on face aesthetics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8&ab_channel=21Studios
>>
More like /jewing/

get out of here
>>
>>37293580
I've been mewing for about a month now
>>
>move jaw forward
>fixing underbite

pick one
>>
>>37293607
>jewing
>the guy doesn't sell anything
>>
i've been doing that all my life. i've been told i have a good facial structure several times.
>>
>>37293703
you're retarded
>>
>>37293580
>Mewing 101
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9OqEd5z1k&ab_channel=Orthotropics

Holy shit.
Holding the tongue as he explains it is incredibly hard
>>
bump for aesethics
>>
>>37295614
Let the ugly fags stay ugly
>>
>>37293885
give it a few weeks
>>
>>37295785
I figured it out now
I was doing it wrong lol thank god I saw that video

I was doing the tip of the tongue thing
>>
>tfw you naturally have your tongue pressed against your pallet and mouth closed and flexing

chad confirmed?
>>
>>37295807
it will still feel unnatural for a while
>>
>>37295760
>tfw I'm an ugly fag
>>
what is good gum? I grind my teeth as well, so it'll probably help with that
>>
>>37295939
falim or whatever it's called
not the ones you've been chewing, those are weak shit
>>
When pushing my tongue up, should I feel a lot of tension in the toungue and the muscle under the lower jaw?
>>
>>37293580
>>Does it work?
>Yes, absolutely,
ahahahaha
oh, come on. Only an underage teen can fall for this.

jawline is one of the strongest genetic traits. There's literally nothing you can do, except surgery and orthodontics (but won't make miracles as well)

>Chew hard gum
ahahaha jesus fucking christ
>>
I still dont get how to do this.
Physically I cannot get the rear (posterior) of my tongue to the roof of my mouth.
I can get like the mid of my tongue up there and it feels like my jaw is flexing, so is that it?
>>
Wait how often should I do the tongue excercise OP?
>>
>>37295949
http://www.amazon.com/Falim-100-Chewing-Gum-Damla-Sakizli/dp/B005GR1WO0
>>
>>37293885

ok so i can finally do this but how the fuck do i breathe?
>>
it takes a pretty large and powerful muscle to influence any substantial bone deposition, all of your facial muscles are so small I don't really see how you'd get any noticeable growth from exercises.
>>
>>37296051
Through your nose?
>>
Lmao at all the idiots denying this shit. Not having proper posture can fuck up your back, why would you think not having proper oral posture won't fuck up your face?
>>
>>37296057

but it blocks my airway
what i can do is breathe in whilst raising my tongue, then lower it to breathe out

but then i'm manually breathing
>>
This has helped me most in terms of tongue position

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPZBVmzAO1M

sucking in the tongue is good advice
>>
>>37296087
Do not hold air before you push the tongue against the roof of your mouth.

That is only done to "check" if you're doing it correctly.
>>
>>37296087
lmao are you throbbing your tongue down your fucking airway?

lmao u are doing it wrong thats for sure
>>
How long till it feels natural?
I definitely look better doing this, and it does naturally hold your head up, but 2 days in I'm still consciously resetting every 5 minutes.
>>
>>37295861
post a pic pls, im still not convinced this isnt just a meme
>>
can someone draw how the tongue should be?

I press the palate with the median lingual sulcus
>>
>>37296075
>oral posture
you're comparing body segments that differ in size, structure and function. It's like saying 'not having proper finger posture can fuck up your hands'
>>
>>37293580
that won't fix my teeth tho, I can't place my front row teeth on each other because they are crooked as fuck.
>>
>>37296233
It's literally in the video
>>
>>37296246
the drawings a shit
>>
Too old for this kind of memes.
>>
File: ¿¿??.jpg (18KB, 480x267px) Image search: [Google]
¿¿??.jpg
18KB, 480x267px
>>37296238
dyem?
>>
>>37296198
It took me 3 weeks to hold my tongue like that WITHOUT unconsciously resetting it back.

Now i only set it back if im really distracted.

Also its not a bad thing if you reset for a second every 5 minutes. As long as you dont make 5 minute "breaks".
>>
>>37296240
mike mew has literally fixed crooked children teeth with this method.

Also you shouldnt have your front teeth on each other lmao, keep your teeth closed in whatever way feels natural for you.
>>
Does anyone feel like yawning when you hold the tongue for too long?
>>
go back to sluthate retard

this shit doesn't work, you think chewing gum changes the bones of your jaw? enjoy your tmj

the only way to fix jaw problems is with jaw surgery

sage
>>
Sluthate faggots please leave the board
>>
>>37296448
Chewing is not the most important thing learn to read
Also, saging doesn't work anymore faggot
>>
>>37296448
chewing is literally one of the least important aspects.

faggot
>>
>>37296866
>>37296473
you can not reposition bones which have already grown

you can only get jaw surgery
>>
>>37296948
Learn to read
>>
File: 323.jpg (27KB, 600x454px) Image search: [Google]
323.jpg
27KB, 600x454px
>>37296948
>>
>>37296958
>>37296972
it's true

ask any jaw surgeon

enjoy giving yourself tmj though lol

thinking you can fix an underbite by putting your tongue on the roof of your mouth? stop riding this weirdo mike mew's dick so hard
>>
File: image.png (264KB, 369x524px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
264KB, 369x524px
Oh fuck

I'm scheduled to get my widom teeth out tomorrow. Should I just go ahead with it?

Additionally I have a retainer I wear when I sleep, should I even bother using that now? This is post-braces.
>>
File: 1457799004406.jpg (139KB, 851x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1457799004406.jpg
139KB, 851x1024px
>>37296993
>dude is a doc
>literally has already given hundreds of people perfect teeth and normal/good jaws with his method

>has hundreds of progress pictures with his patients
>literally is so succesfull that he makes a living off of it

>despite this cold hard evidence im going to be a an utterly disgusting worthless piece of dog shit.
>>
>>37297029
his dad claimed doing this stuff would prevent colds though

I wouldn't trust them all that much
>>
>>37297029
Show me the progress pictures. Guarantee you cant find more than one.
>>
I cant seem to get the back on my tongue onto the roof of my mouth at all, at least it doesn't feel like it I can
>>
File: 1461217645115.jpg (79KB, 400x506px) Image search: [Google]
1461217645115.jpg
79KB, 400x506px
>>37297043
Well its true but also kinda not.

It doesnt "prevent" colds, it makes it less likely, because mike mewing makes you breath through your nose 24/7.

While a lot of people tend to breath with their mouths a lot of times.

breathing through your mouth = more likely to have a cold

>>37297045
>the before and after pictues are literally linked in OP's text
>he didnt even read what the fuck mike mewing even is
>he only saw the words "gum" and "jaw"
> spills out " CHEWING GUM WILL NOT MAKE YOUR JAW BETTER" immediately
>im arguing with a mentally handicapped mongoloid

I will not reply to you any further.
>>
>>37293580
https://youtu.be/G8fRyj0Y900
>>
>>37296993
>>37296448
>enjoy giving yourself tmj

You jaw literally never moves, the OP's pasta is incredibly badly done
>>
>>37297171
So if I do this will I start to look like the guy on top instead of the bottom one?
>>
>>37295949
+1 for Falim, best gum ever, all natural and have very little, faint flavouring
>>
>>37297171
Exactly idiot. There are no progress pictures because it doesnt work. You said it was linked in OP yet I watched both videos and still have yet to see a progress pic. Dumbass.
>>
My soundcard is fried, I can't even listen to what he's saying. Can someone explain how to hold the tongue?

On a similar note, I had two major concussions four years apart. One landed me a three days sleeping. My jaw receded and my nose is a bit wider at the top (child photos indicate the opposite - straight nose and jaw). I don't have a bloated face and breathe normally (not using my mouth) but the receded jaw really pronounces the nose. Three years ago, I started placing my teeth together (the receded line caused my upper teeth to completely overlap the lower), as a conscious effort. Now it's an automatic mechanism. I try to rest it in a receded position, but it never goes back fully. No TMJs. I have my jaw hurts from all the head hits though...
>>
>>37293580
I have an extreme overbite, if I move my teeth so the top and bottom row is parallel, my back teeth are misaligned and also very far away from each other due to my top front teeth growing to a much larger size. If I do this for 3 months I can promise that on top of my brand new aesthetic jawline, my teeth will be all fucked and misaligned.
>>
File: 1463481938273.png (486KB, 421x540px) Image search: [Google]
1463481938273.png
486KB, 421x540px
>>37297227
if you are younger than 15 years old, then yes and very fast.

If you are an adult, it will take years.

But see it like this. In 3 years, you still want to be attractive right?

Also i've heard if you apply actual force with your tongue you will se faster results.

In one of the videos in the comment section there is a guy claiming he saw significant progress in 3 months because he pushed his tongue with force, instead of just resting it there.

Who knows, just do it. You will look better if you do this. But only if you do it right and only if you do it 24/7.

Dont bother continuing if you are halp assing it.
>>
>>37297474
>my teeth will be all fucked and misaligned
doing this will automatically fix your overbite dude
>>
>>37297474
>if I move my teeth so the top and bottom row is parallel

So this the the new SS+GOMAD huh? cause he literally never says anything about moving your teeth your jaw or anything, he says you need to put all your tongue in the roof of the mouth and correct your posture; thats fucking it.
>>
>>37293711
>buy le gum guys xD
>>
>>37297476
That guy is hearding cows in Kenya living off cow blood and milk and starchy foods.

If he was in a 1st world country he would be cucking every white man in sight.
>>
>It's the exercise of having your mouth closed, teeth together and tongue on the roof of your mouth

aka being a normal human being and not a mouth breather piece of shit?
>>
>>37296993
why are you so insistent on boens not being able to be repositioned

bones aren't like concrete, they can warp and bend and various muscles can play a part in this. if someone sits over a computer all day, they will become tight in the chest, biceps, front delts, lats and neck and weak in the opposing muscles. by strengthening weak muscles and stretching tight ones and by reinforcing good posture throughout the day, you can sort your posture. now, you probably can't very well stretch muscles in your jaw, but the other two are possible (reinforcing good jaw/tongue position and strengthening the weak muscles by chewing gum etc)

this will fucking obviously change your jaw position, its observable fucking everywhere else in the body, why not the face? cause you can't see the muscles as easily?
>>
File: Snapchat-5500589062744780275.jpg (126KB, 540x782px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5500589062744780275.jpg
126KB, 540x782px
Can confirm this works
This is my jaw relaxed, pretty much my "normal" position
IMO it doesnt change your bone structure or anything, but it at least lets the jaw be more visible if it's too relaxed.
Posting my jaw about a month after doing this
>>
File: Snapchat-7661798421404747214.jpg (93KB, 540x655px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7661798421404747214.jpg
93KB, 540x655px
Just dumping more info, I'm also 18 so I started ASAP, not sure about other anons who are older.
>>
>>37297605
Fantasize harder cuckold
>>
>>37297723
>>37297744
memeing this hard. lol
>>
>>37297811
W-what
>>
>>37296087
>but it blocks my airway
the fuck
are you fat?
sounds like you might have some serious palette problems
see a doctor?
>>
>i-it's REAL guys!
>literally not a single set of credible before/after pictures
>>
>>37295973
I literally got my jawline from clenching my teeth during squats and eating huge meals immediately post workout.

All the chewing bulking from skelly made my jaw aesthetic from a former soft jawed mouthbreather
>>
>>37297950
I just did though
>>
>>37298023
Dumb fucking idiot.
>>
>>37297954
>I literally got my jawline from clenching my teeth
No, you didn't.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
>>37298025
>more ad hominem bullshit instead of saying why he's supposedly wrong
>>
>>37298057
>OP is claiming permanent definition changes in 3+ months
>these shitty photos I took on the same day prove him right!
See, you are a dumb fucking idiot.

>m-muh hommymemes ;_;
grow a fucking spine shitface, if you can't handle your shit pics and lack of an argument being blown the fuck out on /fit/, don't post
>>
>>37298048
Yeah I used to have no jawline at all, and I actually had DOMS in my jaw muscles from maxing out too much, to the point it would be too fatigued to eat efficiently. I can feel them stick out more accentuating my jaw. Its simply hypertrophy of your jaw muscle.
>>
>>37298057
it only MIGHT work if your growth plates haven't closed
>>
>>37298197
No, you didn't better your jewline via "clenching your teeth". DOMS (as you call them) in your jaw muscles mean literally nothing. The best you can do with clenching is to actually ruin your enamel.
Your jawline changed because you hit puberty and/or more test was pumping in your veins. Any gimmick to increase your jawline is simply ineffective. You won't find a single paper discussing or arguing it, while any med student knows that it's a trait almost exclusively determined by genetics.
You're just confused by correlation (you hitting gym, puberty and more test at the same time). I guess most of the guys following these scams are actually teenagers, so they will perceive that they are going to progress because of the broscientist, and not because of puberty.
In males, the genetic traits (and more notably, jawline) continues to grow till late 20s.
>>
How far back is this posterior 3rd that I'm supposed to be pressing up? With the tip of my tongue at my front teeth I'm getting a lot of less anterior tongue on the roof of my mouth, but he seems to be advising even further back.
>>
File: mfw.png (586KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
586KB, 700x913px
>>37297723
>>37297744

Am I the only one to point it out? this is rather impressive anon.
>>
>>37298645
How in any way is that "impressive"? Anyone can slide their jaw forward and take a picture at a different angle. It doesn't mean you've changed your facial definition.
>>
>>37298659

Try doing what you described and take before and after pictures. I tried it myself and no, my jaw doesn't look that much different changing the angle of my head and sticking it out. That's definite change.
>>
>>37297581
>>37293607
>/pol/ mouth breathing at its finest
>>
Didn't read this meme thread but I get jaw DOMS from doing neck curls. Chin feels solid & tight.
>>
>>37293580
This is the dumbest fucking shit I have ever heard. Leave /fit/ now, you will not make it, your retardation is beyond help.
>>
There's a reason people with braces need retainers afterwards or a wire
Jaw bones are extremely siceptable to changing and if you idiots actually read the doctors thesis the reason why people have shit jaws is due to either mouth breathing and or not naturally resting their tongue on the palate

> if you do naturally do it ur probably Chad
> this is an aesthetic forum so it's relevant
>>
File: 1447369279149.jpg (153KB, 933x795px) Image search: [Google]
1447369279149.jpg
153KB, 933x795px
>>37298830
you're a massive faggot unaware of proper posture and your poor posture. Just walk away.
>>
>>37299029

Like this guy said, won't work.

Bone naturally goes back to the way it developed

Hence why after having it realigned you need to wear a retainer forever, or the bone just goes back to previous alignment.

But yeah gum will replace what normally takes wires and surgery.

45 posters related as you'd need a similar score in IQ to believe this.
>>
>>37297025
>I'm scheduled to get my widom teeth out tomorrow
prepare for that weak jaw
>>
>>37297334
What's with the vitriol? Are you actually mental?
>>
waddup my fellow /sluthaters/
>>
>>37300214
Some of us just believe in evidence-based results because we're not gullible clods looking for the next big holistic magic trick to fix all our life ails.
>>
>>37299865
He literally adresses this in all of his videos.

He changes the posture by training the muscles. This causes permanent tension on the jaw rather than appliances which only apply tension while being worn.
>>
>>37300242
you could Google "mouthbreather jaw" and get all of the results of not mewing yourself
>>
>>37300242
Yeh ur a loony. Even if you disagree with him, he still respectfully presents his argument and is keen to debate. You don't do your side of the argument any favours by having a tantrum.
>>
>>37300284
And yet there isn't a single bit of evidence to prove that his method works at changing facial definition in adults.

>>37300279
>the existence of people with jaw deformities is proof that my wild idea works!!
Yeah, no.
>>
>>37298739
This
>>
>>37298072
>permanent
You understood nothing
>>
Literally breathing by nose and have tongue on roof from as far I can remember still have crooked teeths, overbite and weak jaw, jewish nose. So imho this is as scam; as everyone in my family from generations had these problems and we have grown up eating differently, even different country. So yeah, I think this is mostly genetic.
>>
>>37297476
I've seen this picture around, isn't he from this super attractive African tribe?
>>
>>37293607
>Describing free exercise that doesn't require equipment
>Get's called a Jew
Fuck off /pol/tard. OP ain't shilling.
>>
>>37301639
Maybe you need to lose weight
>>
>>37293580
this shit works lads

i did that tongue to the roof of the mouth for 10 minutes the other day, and another 10 minutes yesterday. my smile looks way better and more natural now. showing off more of the upper teeth than the lower ones
>>
>>37293885
Doesnt his father say to keep your tongue like it normally would (tip behind teeth)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPZBVmzAO1M
>>
>>37302195
>10 minutes

this isnt going to get you anywhere, you have to do this 24/7
>>
>>37293580
I do all that and still have a shit jawline.
>>
>>37302322
bullshit.

maybe i'm genetically predisposed to this shit but seriously after 2 days my smile shows WAY more of my upper teeth. Even just opening my mouth slightly shows my uppers, when 2 days ago it would show my lowers.

Jawline also looks better. female roommate noticed
>>
I can't get the back of my tongue up there
>>
I can't get my tongue up, anyone care to explain how to do it?
>>
>>37293842
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overbite
no u
>>
where do i get non-pussy gum?
>>
>>37301946
OP even took a big of himself as OP pic. Thats shilling hardcore you fucking faggot

The youtube vid is filled with shilling links. STFU
>>
>>37296388
Why are you talking about yourself in third person? Fuck off
>>
>>37302195
>>37302490
>I've done this for 10 minutes yesterday
>and 10 minutes the day before yesterday
>snake oil totally works
>some female noticed
How fucking gullible are you?
Btw, I've some super secret method to win at the lottery. If interested leave me your e-mail and I'll make you rich :^)
>>
>>37302599

lol nigger get a fucking grip
>>
will test change my jawline at 21?
>>
>>37302636
How does it feel spending your time shilling on /fit/? Thats the lowest of low
>>
>>37302650

>implying im op

anonymous isn't a username
>>
>>37293580
This only works if you weren't a mouthbreather as a kid. If you were only surgery can correct your jaw problems sorry. If you have jaw problems it is more than likely you were a mouthbreather
>>
>>37302676

>i base this on absolutely nothing
>>
>>37296948
>shilling so hard for the jawjew
>>
>>37302684
That mouthbreathing gives you mouthbreather jawline?
>>
>>37302632
quite frankly i don't need your approval on this. i was only throwing in my experience for the record
>>
File: merchant-628x356.png (118KB, 628x356px) Image search: [Google]
merchant-628x356.png
118KB, 628x356px
>>37297171
>hooked nose
>narrow face
>no cheekbones
pretty much the stereotypical jew
>>
>>37293580
How are you retards buying into this garbage. This is pure bunk. It's the same chiropractors and subluxations. There is no scientific backing behind this shit, it's all smoke an mirrors.

This is the dental equivalent of homeopathy. You fucking tools are too focused on the appeal to authority. Just because he's a Dr doesn't mean he's not trying to scam you.
>>
>>37302718

>you cant fix it, ive never read a single study on this but i just feel this way so im passing muh feels off as fact
>>
>>37302722
>I'm a gullible faggot
experience recorded, thank you for sharing!
>>
>>37302731

>chiropractors
>not legit

Keep chugging those bluepills you fucking faggot, guess you'd rather spend all your money on medication than get some actual help.
>>
>>37302684
http://www.buteykochildren.com/mouth_breathing_and_facial_development.php
This is based on Mew's shit. Notice how his works are on CHILDREN because once you're done with puberty you are done. Unless you take celltech and HGH.
>>
>>37302742
>unironically using Comic Sans MS
and the last spoils of dignity are left
>>
>/fit/ makes fun of fat people for their genetics and implies they can change
>/fit/ doesn't think you can change your jaw genetics

Cognitive fucking dissonance.
>>
>>37302754
>let's attack the medium instead of the well-referrenced message
The website was designed for normie parents and their CHILDREN. This doesn't change the fact that what Mew espouses is meant for still developing CHILDREN. If you have stopped growing you fix your shit with surgery.

>>37302759
>losing weight is the same as restructuring your face
Kek
>>
>>37302741
>This guy thinks chiropractors are legit

Don't worry bro, I'm sure they will crack your spine and your flu will be gone in no time! Gotta get those subluxations worked out!

Also OP is retarded. THis shit only works on young kids, before puberty starts. Like this is stuff you do for 5 to 10 year olds. It won't do a single damn thing to you as an adult.
>>
File: 562.png (627KB, 1597x1600px) Image search: [Google]
562.png
627KB, 1597x1600px
>>37302759
>>
This is the site of the place this whack-job got his degree: http://www.lsfo.co.uk/

This is homeopathy in dental form. I honestly feel bad about those of you who buy into this junk.

For only 500$ we'll show you where to put your tongue to fix your busted ass teeth!
>>
>>37302778
Who cares? At least you learn proper posture and look better

Fucking mouthbreathers
>>
>>37302801
but he tells you what to do for free doesnt he?
>>
File: 1402153359741.gif (83KB, 322x324px) Image search: [Google]
1402153359741.gif
83KB, 322x324px
>mfw people spend thousands of hours in gym training, researching routines, dieting to have good bodies, but refuse something stupidly simple and free to have better face.

That shit is same as standing straight why not do it makes you look better+ it's free.
>>
>>37302876
Fucking this

Also everything is explained in the videos linked
Holy shit people are retarded and lazy
>>
>>37302838
You can't seriously be this naive. It's an advertisement for his books, his lectures, his teachings, and his diagnoses. Look at everything. He's a snake oil salesman.

He fucking offers online schooling, over skype diagnoses (no x-rays are needed for dental diagnoses, obviously that's a tool of the orthodontic oppressors), books about techniques and of course he makes money giving guest lectures and shitty places who don't know what the fuck science or medicine are.

If you look at the parallels between this and homeopathy it's clear it follows the exact same trends. It has the same target audiences, it follows the same "evidence" based reasoning with no actual proof. It has some basis in reality and science that it takes and shits all over so in the center of this massive pile of bullshit is a nugget of truth.

He's marketing himself because he is the product. The information is merely the vessel he uses to sell himself. Whether or not the information is sound is irrelevant because he's not selling the 'information'.
>>
>>37302876
>why not do it makes you look better+ it's free

Because it doesn't work? How many 5 year olds are on this board with malleable, unfused palates? I forget what the name of it is when it's used in non-religious context but it's a modified version of pascal's wager. It uses the same logical form but with different propositions.
>>
>>37302895
>He fucking offers online schooling, over skype diagnoses (no x-rays are needed for dental diagnoses, obviously that's a tool of the orthodontic oppressors), books about techniques and of course he makes money giving guest lectures and shitty places who don't know what the fuck science or medicine are.

Didn't know about his. Thought he just made some youtube videos lol
>>
>>37302920
It works faggot watch the second video

Your face doesn't stop growing
>>
>>37302938
You are retarded. Read the paragraph above mine, go to his website, read what this idiot offers. He's a con-man and you are getting conned. There is ZERO evidence this works past puberty. It's strictly for children and is supposed to be used in conjunction with orthodontics, not in lieu of.

But I'm sure this advertisement from the "international association of orthotropics" (which is a bunk field, by the way, you can get your certificate online) says everything you need to know.

This is the EXACT same situation as some idiot telling another idiot to use homeopathy because they saw how it work in the "second video" they watched. So in lieu of actual treatment that actually works they sit their holding their tongues to the roof of their mouths like a fucking retard hoping it will fix their busted ass teeth and make fix their fat jawline. It won't. But you'll only realize that after 6 months. But you won't give up on it, you'll pay Dr. Jew 500$ to get a diagnoses on skype on how to hold your tongue there because apparently you've been doing it wrong all this time. This feedback loop will happen until your early demise from eating paint chips and getting undiagnosed heavy metal poisoning because your parents still have lead paint in your room and you can't get a job with your woefully under par intelligence.
>>
File: nice try retard.png (98KB, 449x378px) Image search: [Google]
nice try retard.png
98KB, 449x378px
>>37302988
Whoops forgot this brilliant ad. Totally legit guys. No way this is a scam. By the way while you are here maybe I can convince you to strap some magnets to you temples to cure you of your woes? I mean it's free and just as easy as standing up plus I'll give you the information on how these magnets will deionize the iron in your blood FOR FREE in my second video.
>>
>>37302988
>autism: the post
>>
File: 1457165635857.jpg (37KB, 491x315px) Image search: [Google]
1457165635857.jpg
37KB, 491x315px
>>37302920
Does having your back straight, chest out change your spine or ribs. Ofc it doesn't but it's a good posture, that looks better is healthier.
Lips shut, jaws aligned, tongue pressing on the pallet is the same thing. It makes your face look better, your facial muscles more defined.
You can chew any gum or hard food it works your jaw muscles.

>Of all places /fit/ doesn't believe you can affect muscles in a positive way because it's on the face and not Biceps, chest.
>>
>>37302988
>>37302997
You're triggering me hard with this shitpost

It's all about learning correct posture
>>
>>37293885
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DO THIS
>>
>>37293842
He's not. Also the Mew guy never said you should move it forward.
to fix underbite the teeth have to move furhter forward, not your jaw. Moving it forward and keeping it that way can lead to some damage, I would imagine. I'm not an orthodontist tho.
>>
>>37303058
click your tongue. but dont actually click it, just keep it at the top position.
>>
>>37303021
Proper posture affects muscles in a meaningful way and it's benefits do not disappear when you stop doing them for a bit. "Jaw gains" disappear the moment you stop doing the tongue-roof bit.
>>
Jaw gains are like height gains. You either have it or you don't. Or you get surgery. Just accept it as one of those things you can't change naturally.
>>
>>37298023
that's flexed vs unflexed. Don't be dumb
>>
>>37302759
>change genetics
you're not too bright, are you?
>>
>>37296238
>It's like saying 'not having proper finger posture can fuck up your hands'
Pianist here, it definitely can!
>>
I've done this for maybe three months. I am not sure if I've seen jaw gains other than from chewing gum but I have some seen cheekbone gains. This may also come from cutting sugar and carbs out of my diet and drinking more water. As for jaw gains, I can't tell, I've always had a wide jaw. But one side is wider than the other due to grinding when I'm asleep, so chewing gum on the other side religiously (a pack of gum a day) has given me a more balanced face.
>>
>>37303710
Same senpai
>>
>>37302988
>>37302997
this

The OP is made for that guy himself, if you seriously couldnt come up with the idea of chewing gum for jaw gains by yourself then you should probably kill yourself already
>>
>>37303710
Did you do tongue thingy?
Did you do it 24/7?

If you got cheek gains, it means it has worked.

Unless you have cut out 30 pounds of at in those 3 months, it means you moved your maxilla bone a few mm's forward and upwards, thus giving you more visible cheeks than before.

Jaw gains on the other hand are entirely muscle-based.
>>
>>37303933
I do it pretty much all the time except for SOMETIMES when I sleep my mouth opens but my tongue is still in the same position. I don't even think about it anymore. My nose feels clogged if my tongue isn't in the position Mew uses.

Again the cheekbone gains are very, very minor. My cheeks are also slightly more hollow. I am also trying to swallow properly but I forget about it half of the time.
>>
>>37293580
It probably won't fix your jawline or improve your face at all, but you might as well do it anyway.

I'm a chink with horrible hayfever and I just started doing this to simply stop mouth breathing; my mouth would hang open when I wasn't paying attention and I looked like I had down syndrome. I simply stumbled upon this when googling "correct tongue posture" videos for keep my mouth closed all the time.

I also began chewing gum and wearing a little string to ensure my mouth doesn't fall open while I sleep.

Pros: You don't drool anymore when you sleep
Lips are more aligned and smile is less toothy
Your mouth doesn't fall open when you aren't paying attention
It forces you to learn how to breathe through your nose, which in turns solves allergy problems for some reason?
Cheeks look a bit more defined(But this probably due to fat loss due to aging?)

Cons: It's uncomfortable when you first begin

You probably won't get any results unless you were a mouth-breather for your entire life like me. And from an aesthetic perspective, my face probably hasn't changed much. My relatives that I haven't met in a while all commented on how my face changed, however; they said it was noticeably wider. I've stayed at a constant 5'9 150 lbs, but my bodyfat % might have changed due to diet.
>>
>>37304557
Also, another thing to note is that I've been doing this for roughly a year. The string in question isn't to keep my mouth closed, but to check whether or not my mouth falls open while I'm asleep.

So basically, do it if you're ugly and desperate like me. It most likely won't do anything but let you get used to breathing through your nose like a normal human being.

I also started doing it when I was 20, so maybe it was just natural growth instead of tongue position.

Well, that's just my 2 cents.
>>
>>37304557
>>37304582
Nice
>>
Mewing? Kek. We are taught to do this with our mouths during sitting meditation. It prevents us from swallowing saliva which can disrupt the mind.

Anything for a quick buck.
>>
File: 1433271555150.jpg (53KB, 419x536px) Image search: [Google]
1433271555150.jpg
53KB, 419x536px
>>37300224
>>37296448
>>>37296456
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS MEAN?? EXPLAIN
>>
>>37304582
Did you do it 24/7?
Did you also have a correct body posture in that year?
Do you think your chin is pushed more forwards than it was before? So less "recessed".
Did you lose bodyfat in that year?
Do you just rest your tongue on the roof of your mouth, or did you apply actual pressure?

>and pls answer all questions, not just one. thanks

I've seen someone who said he had significant progress in 3 months (which usually takes 1 year) because he applied actual force with tongue.
>>
>>37304984
>Did you do it 24/7
Yeah.
>Did you also have a correct body posture in that year?
Probably not. Lifting and doing stretches helps my posture, but I'm on the computer for most of the day.
>Do you think your chin is pushed more forwards than it was before? So less "recessed".
A bit, practically unnoticeable.
>Did you lose bodyfat in that year?
Just a little bit.
>Do you just rest your tongue on the roof of your mouth, or did you apply actual pressure?
Rested my tongue on the roof of my mouth w/ very light pressure so I could maintain it through the day.
>>
>>37305052
Thanks a lot.

So to sum this up:

You didnt apply force with your tounge, you didnt have a good body posture throughout that time and you still got some cheekbone and chin gains.
You said you lost a little bit of fat, which i think is not enough to have more visible cheeks.
I am safe to say that the changes that occured were thanks to mike mewing.

Thanks for your output
>>
wait so am I doing this right? I have my lips closed, teeth together and my tongue pressing on the roof of my mouth. But what's with the video with the guy talking about the back part of the tongue should be pressed against the roof of the mouth? When I do that, I can't breathe.
>>
>>37302560
Swallow, and hold your tongue at the roof of your mouth. Should feel kinda awkward
>>
>>37305776
but are you only supposed the keep the part of the tongue under the teeth pressed against the roof of the mouth? Because when I swallow I can literally feel my tongue press to the roof all the way into my throat. Does the throat part need to be relaxed?
>>
>>37303187
>i'm not an orthodontist tho

we can tell
>>
File: IMAG0716_1.jpg (127KB, 1050x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0716_1.jpg
127KB, 1050x789px
I've been doing this for 8 years, ever since I got my braces off. Pic related, guess what? It looks exactly like every chin/jaw on my mothers side. Go figure
>>
>>37306584
Doesn't help that you're fat dude.
>>
File: IMAG0158~2.jpg (202KB, 1062x1666px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0158~2.jpg
202KB, 1062x1666px
>>37306610
True, it's half of why I'm cutting.
However, I had the same jaw at this bf% (about ten lbs less than current)
>>
>>37306584
you are a disgusting fat fuck,of course you dont have a chiseled jaw
>>
>>37306584
>8years
>trolling this hard
>>
>tfw shit jawline
>>
>>37306657
>>37306584
Has Mike Mew even done this for eight years lmao

>>37306643
jesus christ how can you face be so fucking fat compared to your body holy shito burrito
>>
>>37297723
>>37297744
tempted to try it my self now lol
>>
>>37306718
I read an article online about mouth breathers and said fuck it, i'll try. Been breathing through my nose and subconciously sucking my cheeks in (by doing the whole tongue/jaw thing. Everyone in my family has fat faces and weak jaws, and there is no escaping genetics short of implementing hormone injections. Just my 2 cents
>>
>>37304983
I think they were implying that the adherents of Mew are all sluthate crossposters. You know, the people who hate women but do everything possible to attract them.
>>
>>37306531
Google tjd, smartass. It seems I was right indeed.
>>
To anyone hating this I have to say I really don't care

I use to have bad posture, one of my nose sides always blocked and mild jaw problems; all is gone since I'm doing the tongue thing, at this point I don't care if my jaw gets bigger or whatever I feel better, so I don't give a shit if it's homeopathic or whatever this is working for, that's it.
>>
>>37295861
disgusting, flat teeth from all the grinding confirmed
>>
>>37302731

Why does homeopathy have a higher success rate than a placebo?
>>
>>37305701
can someone answer my fucking question
>>
>>37309121
you go too far back. feel where the bone (that is your roof of the mouth) ends. Feel it with your tip (pun not intended). Right where the bone ends, thats where you have to hold your tongue against, not further back, not further forward.

Just use your tip to feel it, you have to reach very far back, slide along the roof of your mouth until you reach an "edge". thats where it ends.
>>
>>37309463
thanks friend
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.