[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

muscle memory/old man strength/summer bulk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: dontcallitacomeback50.png (2MB, 1648x1777px) Image search: [Google]
dontcallitacomeback50.png
2MB, 1648x1777px
I've posted on fit everywhere from 198 to 300+ lbs.Been gone for maybe a yr and a half. from here Natty guy here and firmly believed in getting
fat as shit to grow.

Last year was the first year in nearly 20 that I didnt train - had surgery Dec 31st and pic one
is my skinnyfatass in febuary.Last one is like a week or
so ago. From 195 to 235 in 11-12 weeks with the
first month being little dumbells and resistance bands mostly.

Pushing 40 and have never grown like this in my life.

anybody else amazed at muscle-memory or felt
like their body "reset" after an extended layoff?
I'm aware im gaining some fat, but really nothing compared to what I used to have to do to put
on the same amount of muscle. interested in others
experience.
>>
routine?
>>
>>37261891
Even more odd - I beat the piss out of myself twice a week. I did powerlifting/strongman for
many years. On wednesdays its all upper body-
mostly compunds - bench, chins, rows - not
much overhead as Ive now fixed both shoulders, light belt squats between sets..

on sat I'll both pull and squat - different variations-one heavy, one not so much - mess with stones or do farmers or yolk - whatever
I can actually manage to get halway through with
the strongman guys...finish with reverse hypers and ghr's.

just twice a freakin week...
>>
>>37261883
How do you not hate you life having such shit tattoos?
>>
a stronger - but fatter than my current self
benching 365 for reps to bump my own thread
and see if anyone has had anything similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edy05gt_1l8
>>
>>37261968
because I grew up in the 90's we all got shit tattoos and I kept em off my forearms and neck.

I've managed to procreate, get a degree and am a
partner in a moderately successful buisness.

my hair is starting to thin and im way more self conscious about that.
>>
>>37261883
I once gained 9 kg of mostly lean mass in a similar time span after having been hospitalized for a week where I was pretty much chained to the bed and didn't eat.

It's a bit of a shaky field is science still at this point, at far as I know, but there is certainly something to the body having "set points". The purpose is to maintain homeostasis of course. I believe these sets points are part of the reason why muscle memory is a thing. They're also why so many people experience a huge weight rebound when they go off a diet.
>>
>>37262055
I can dig that- I always did best competing at 242,
really forcefed to get to the 308's but seemed to hang out at 240-50.

Pre-injury I was leaning out and getting pretty
just for the hell of it maybe 215 at 12-15(real)%
bodyfat. Suprised I didnt turn int a sloppy 250
but a sickly 195.

Strength certainly all back yet but no fancy programming
needed. - just linear progression every week.
Now that Im not embarrassingly week its really
fun to not have to do a six week wave to put 5-10 lbs on a lift.
>>
>>37262108
*strength NOT back and I'll correct week to weak.

Was just checking in on /fit/ - not gonna keep bumping myself if no one can add anything.

Its always been odd here but there used to be alot
more fitness and alot less feels...a few epic tripfags that were excellent trolls...

getting old....check that, was already old when I found this place.

I wish ya'll well and most of you guys really are
going to make it.
>>
>>37262160
Come back and check on us every once in a while. It's nice to have some people who actually lift.
>>
File: vRnXRJG.jpg (61KB, 500x608px) Image search: [Google]
vRnXRJG.jpg
61KB, 500x608px
>>37262014

I didn't even notice, thought your hair was lush. It'll creep back up your forehead a little as time goes, but I don't see you balding before 50.
>>
>>37262190
will do- used to post vids and try and help people
get strong.
I'm all swole up but am benching low threes, havent put four wheels on my back and just got back to low fives pulling.
Hopefully, most of that can come back and I
can make neat vids and be strong again, not just
look like it. Slow and steady every week...
Have a great night /fit/izens
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.