[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to measure canned beans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 20554593_front_a01.png (10KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
20554593_front_a01.png
10KB, 195x195px
I'm trying to count my calories as accurately as possible on MFP. I also bought enough for a weeks worth, I want to spread out this stuff in a week, I'm a really poor student.

I have a 540ml can of black beans. Says one serving is 250ml.

How much will a serving weigh in grams?

Thanks.
>>
>>37221612
What backwater country are you living in that nutrition info isn't printed on the can?
>>
>>37221612
check how many grams 540 ml of beans are. use a ratio to find out how many grams 250 ml is. math.
>>
>>37221641
It's there expect it's in fucking ml

>>37221651
Ill try this hopefully they didn't include the weight of the water in. I have exactly a weeks worth of beans I hope it'll last
>>
Golden rule for counting :
When on a cut : overestimate
When on a bulk : underestimate
>>
>>37221612
https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=beans
>>
>>37221612
>drain beans, rinse off the extra crap
>weigh
>look up nutrition facts
it's just beans for fuck's sake
>>
>>37221832
Yep, op is special needs
>>
>>37221612
Use mfp to scan the can
>>
>>37221612
>I want to spread out this stuff in a week, I'm a really poor student.
Are you trying to starve yourself
>>
>>37221612
Take a picture of it and take it to your barber
>>
>>37221694
>It's there expect it's in fucking ml

W... what are you exactly studying where you can't figure out the weight of the food you're eating?

Jesus Christ!
>>
>>37221612
Dont you kids pay attention in school

D = m/v

1.08 g/ml * 540ml = 0.5832 kg Total

1.08g/ml * 250ml = 0.270 kg serving size

There of course is a bit of water in there with a density of 1g/ml but im sure its negligible in the end, you could just reduce the final weights by like 0.010kg to represent the 10ml-ish of water in each serving.
>>
>>37221694
>hopefully they didn't include the weight of the water in

they do. or at least the shitty black beans i got from target did. the can said "3.5 servings of 130 g," and there was only ~260 g of actual beans when i measured it.
>>
>>37221746
this
>>
>>37221612
Half the can, dipshit
>>
>>37222946

Maybe he doesn't have a scale.
>>
>>37223149

Thank you, science man. This is actually helpful.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.