[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/OWG/ OLYMPICS Weightlifting General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 64

File: 6fef8330gw1dx6qsbxfr4j.jpg (88KB, 440x886px) Image search: [Google]
6fef8330gw1dx6qsbxfr4j.jpg
88KB, 440x886px
OLYMPICS Weightlifting General
A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>Pathetic insecure manchildren argue about which general has a slightly larger benis edition
>owg trips are in their own chat edition
>all people who are in owg is weak edition
>when trips leave owg is dead edition
>/plg/ trips cant figure out that there are anon trolls then accuse them of being from owg edition
>why aren't you chinese edition
>why did you pick a niche sport edition
>average owg will never be good at weightlifting and quit within months edition
>why dont you have abs edition
>why dont you look like elite weightlifters edition
>insult the trips edition
>dont stop fapping to strong female weightlifters edition
>i do powerlifting but i appreciate weightlifting edition
>trappy edition
>argue about something trivial edition
>i miss old owg when few trips and few anons edition
>you will never have a coach edition
>tryhard edition
>edition edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
http://www.chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
http://www.reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>helpful blog on some technique quirks:
yashathoughts.com

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

>Commisar's notes on the dank, zesty Meme Method (DZMM)
http://pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

A piece of advice about the world: If a fight goes on a long time without serving its stated purpose, its states purpose is probably a lie.
>>
File: CUDapLFWcAAqysW.png (403KB, 530x633px) Image search: [Google]
CUDapLFWcAAqysW.png
403KB, 530x633px
this is a safe space
>>
File: Pyrros Dimas 215kg C&J.webm (2MB, 733x550px) Image search: [Google]
Pyrros Dimas 215kg C&J.webm
2MB, 733x550px
>>37190799

In for training HYPE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-hOSpV0TXI
>>
Oly lifting is for fags who can only cheat the weight up. Sorry "bros" but PL is infinitely harsher than your pussy parade.
>>
>Set PB double snatch @130 last week
>hit it for a triple this week
first time I've ever had a coach and suddenly I'm lifting like I have the right number of chromosomes
>>
>>37191082
strong. What weightclass?
>>
Sup olybros

Buddy asked me to teach him the lifts. I have one doubt: should I have him practice with little weight for a while until he has the technique down, or should I make him hoist serious loads immediately?

He already has decent lifts but nothing explosive, I don't want to have him just muscle the bar around, nor to injure him

Pls advise my wise senpais
>>
>>37191558
Look at his technique and decide.
>>
>>37191300
sounds like 100+-
>>
>>37191587

He has none, it'd be the first time he lifts

Or do you mean to look at how fast he picks the technique up?
>>
>>37191614
>He already has decent lifts
> it'd be the first time he lifts
wut?
>>
commy got banned for being a pedo
>>
>>37191706

Sorry you're right, let me elaborate.

He already has decent squat, deadlift, bench press and overhead press.
But it'd be the first time he tries snatch and c&j

So he's already strong and would very easily be able to just muscle some weight around, but has zero technique and experience in olympic lifting. That's what I was trying to say
>>
>>37191558
Tech work until it doesn't look like shit. Took me 5 months to at least not look like I was having a seizure during my lifts. Heavy loads will just give your friend a bigger chance for injury. Also lots of mobility work.
>>
>>37191794

That was my first intention, but it has been pointed to me that I should give him a program that feels like a workout as soon as possible, instead of just having him whip the empty bar around

I'm all for good technique, but I can also understand that going in the gym and only working on technique for six months can get immensely boring if you're not into that kind of thing

I'm asking for input here, do you think there can be a good way to mix working out and technique work?
I was thinking about having him do tech work + clean high pulls and push presses for the first few weeks, then introduce snatch high pulls and overhead squats, and finally power cleans and power snatches. Real snatches and real cleans would be at least 4 months away, if not more, but at least he could make some weight progress in the meantime

Thoughts?
>>
>>37191761
i thougt so.
i'd say let him learn to snatch with the bar first and once he can do it with some weight and corect form(!) move on to c&j with easy weight. c&j with just the bar is dificult to learn imo but if he allready got a feeling for pulling from the snatch you can start with some weight on c&j.
>>
lost bookmark, pls be bros and give chat info

thanks
>>
>>37191897
I did the 70's big transition program and that worked for me. http://70sbig.com/blog/2012/07/transitioning-to-olympic-weightlifting/ Might be what you're looking for. I'm sure you can add in whatever extra strength work you want to the program.
>>
What are the best home-exercises for mobility?
I'm aiming for 20 minutes a day of mobility work, but have no clue what's best for weightlifting since I'm a beginner.
>>
File: kor.png (131KB, 403x691px) Image search: [Google]
kor.png
131KB, 403x691px
>tfw people i trained with are in national team
did you know they make six figure salary?
>>
>>37191897
heavy push press squats and pulls
dont go heavy on sn/cj until he can do them right
>>
>>37192263
koreans look like such nerds
>>
>>37192263
Six chinese figures?
>>
Tfw you make a mistake and do 4s instead of 3s this week

Am dying
>>
>>37192337
there like opposite tho, they smoke and drink and the team leader told me how he took a girl's virginity away.
>>
>>37192388
Wow! So cool!
>>
>>37192388

omg people do drugs and have sex

who'd have ever thought
>>
>>37191936
>>37192324

Ok it's pretty similar to what I had in mind
Thank you bbys <3 <3

And yeah no technique unless he has decent form. I've read an article from Greg Everett (I think) where he says that the idea that form breaks down under heavy loads is utter bullshit in oly and I'm inclined to agree

>>37192011
Looks cool thanks. I'd prefer him to have a technical lift everyday tho, but looks like a solid starting point

Ty all <3
>>
How short does /owg/ cut their boxing bandages for wrist wrapping?
>>
>>37192638
with a scissor
>>
>>37192806
>how short
Back to second grade with you!
>>
>>37192338
>Korean National Team
>getting paid in Chinese Currency
Yep, that makes sense
>>
>>37192388
>nerds bragging to other nerds about having sex
confirmed nerds
>>
>>37192858
>>37192927

>people on 4chan are stupid

by golly what a surprise
>>
>>37192263
>100000 South Korean Won equals 58.93520 British Pound
lmao
>>
>>37191082
>@130

130lbs yea
>>
>>37192638
i cut about 1/4th off so it's not too bulky
>>
i think I like snatching better in flats.

Excuse the shit catch on the high hang.

https://instagram.com/p/BFe9sTtpQVD/
>>
>>37193333
no one cares crosshitter

why don't you work on technique, you've been here since i can remember and you still lift like shit
>>
>>37193333

oh god

dude please please please fix your technique, you're doing pretty much everything wrong

sorry to be negative but it's really a wreck

the hang snatch doesn't look too bad but the full snatch is uggo
>>
I feel my technique has substantially improved with the help from /owg over the years and I'm grateful to the community
>>
>>37193513
Said no one ever
>>
>>37193375
>>37193505
I doubt either of you lift anywhere near what he does
>>
>>37194194
Yeah I lift more than him and he's not even close so you're correct
>>
>win an eleiko belt in a raffle gym was holding
>never once used a belt

was 10$ worth of tickets for a 150$ belt
>>
>>37194437
sell it for like 90

profit!
>>
>>37190935
Some weird proportions on that guy
>>
>>37192388
i've met some koreans irl and the guys are some passive aggressive betas, The secondd they got some drinks into them they started talking shit about me in korean and one grabbed me , ALL because i came to the party with a korean chick and i guess thats a no-no

>muh womin!

fucking fags lol, i fucked her as hard as i could that night to compensate
>>
File: Pyrros Dimas 180kg Snatch (WR).webm (707KB, 542x450px) Image search: [Google]
Pyrros Dimas 180kg Snatch (WR).webm
707KB, 542x450px
>>37195499

>that guy

You mean the legendary Pyrros Dimas?
>>
>>37195542
Yes you fucking degenerate homosexual, i hope you enjoy hell btw.
>>
>>37195542

>That hair flick
>>
>>37195542
he's as proportionate as a muppet
>>
File: Pyrros Dimas 213kg C&J (WR).webm (1MB, 560x450px) Image search: [Google]
Pyrros Dimas 213kg C&J (WR).webm
1MB, 560x450px
>>37195551

*screams*
>>
Hey there. Could anyone give me a form check on my power clean. Trying to do more athletic movements rather than powerlfting stuff
https://youtu.be/E8WWPEUprJU
>>
>>37195832
THERE YOU GO

AGAIN

DO IT FASTER
>>
>>37195832
faster
and you really wanna slam those elbows up as high as you can when you finish
>>
>>37195566

Yo, thanks for cluing me in on the Moon Shaped Pool leak. Great stuff - heady and atmospheric. Though these tracks pluck at the feels.
>>
>>37196028
Thanks man
>>
How do I get mobility in thoracic spine and other spots for squat jerk !!!????
>>
>squatting 130kg
>only recently got to it, still failing on last reps of 3rd set but getting there
>last week some skinny but ripped dude comes up to me and compliments it, saying he only just got to 100. dude is shredded but not that big, is genuinely shocked that I could do 100 right from the start
>other big dude today compliments me squatting and says he usually only squats around 90

w-what? 130 isn't even that much is it?
>>
>>37197552
Depends on how big you are. If you are a big guy it might not look that impressive
>>
>>37197647
5'7 80kg

even given that I don' think 130 is anything notable.
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (8KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
8KB, 792x612px
I have tickets to the Men's -94kg A and -105kg A at Rio this August. I only have tickets for myself, but I'm planning on going with a good buddy of mine.

Is anyone here going this Aug? Would it be relatively easy to buy tickets from scalpers? Anyone have any advice? We're still really on the fence about the trip, what with the Zika and the Brazilian gov. collapsing and whatnot.
>>
>>37197696
30kg short of double bodyweight.
>>
>>37193505
This screams "i'm weak but my tech is superior". Atleast tell him what to fix or shut up.
>>
>>37197552
Depends on the sort of gym you train at

At my local gym when I squatted 160 people where like 'holy shit'

But at the wl gym I train at too people squat 200+ and there are 58kg girls squatting 140+
>>
>>37198719
In my oly gym i thought i was going to make it when i did a 130kg front squat with 85kg BW at the age of 21

I was going to leave when i noticed this ~15yo skelly kid doing reps with 100kg with his coach watching

WHY
>>
>>37198751
I've been told I have a 'nice squat' at my oly gym but the caveat is always 'for a lanky guy who's nearly 30'
>>
File: 1443178620686.png (99KB, 360x269px) Image search: [Google]
1443178620686.png
99KB, 360x269px
>>37198178
>rio
>brazil

I would love to go to the olympics, but o the rio games. Are you BR?
>>
File: 1460319727988.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1460319727988.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>>37190935
Can you please fuck off this board, you fucking clatter up every fucking thread with your bullshit . All these beta white knights giving you attention can fuck off too, just fuck off, you're ruining fit.
>>
How to start and find weight snatch pulls and clean pulls as a beginner if my classics are still low and technique is an issue?

Also sets/reps for them?
>>
>>37199583
Russian say best SN deadlift should be around 160% of best SN

However if your technique isn't perfect, don't use over 110% for any pulls
>>
File: Klokov C&J 242kg.webm (1MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Klokov C&J 242kg.webm
1MB, 480x480px
>>37198178

>Zika

The entire Southeast region (which includes the huge states of Sao Paulo and Minas Gerais) had 40 cases in 100 thousand people.
This is the least of your worries in Rio.

>Brazilian gov. collapsing

We're not in a violent civil war or having a government collapse or anything.
We're impeaching the president through the judicial system and voting, and the vice president is assuming.
>>
>>37198637

hm i lift more or less the same as him (instagram stalkan) but yeah i'll preposterously declare that my technique is better - which makes me technically weaker i guess

the thing is that there is... everything to fix, i'm really not a coach and thus i have no idea where he should start doing so

sorry bruhbruh
>>
>>37197552

depends on how big you are

but in general anything above 100 looks impressive to normalbros. when i was 75kg i was deadliften around 140, and everybody was looking at me weird and amazed in this one gym - one dude actually told me "huh bro aren't you exagerating a bit there? you could hurt yourself"

other gym (oly gym) the owner comes, sees me dling 160 and tells me "haha ur weak faggot"

on the other side, anything under 100 leaves people meh

we know better <3
>>
>>37191300
105 because I'm not a manlet, kek
[spoiler]also because I'm fat[/spoiler]

>>37193017
>Lbs
get out of here with your archaic measurement system

>>37193333
Looks like you've got decent athleticism but you really need to sharpen the technique up - you're rowing the weight up and back through a combination of arms-hips-upper back whereas the point of the hip snatch (and the snatch in general) is to really drive through the floor with your legs whilst staying over the bar. As a result, you're behind the bar too early and throw everything back to compensate - plus your catch position is very hips-back and dirty.

The fact you lift like that explains why you prefer flats - you're not doing it properly. Work on getting your legs into the lift while keeping arms loose. Then work on staying over the bar and finishing straight up with the legs. Continually improve that catch position pls.

>>37194194
Firstly, 205lbs is like 90kg so you'd hope that people could lift that.

Secondly, even if you're right and they DONT lift that, are you aware that doesn't invalidate their criticisms? Ivan Abadjiev can't snatch 90kg but I bet you'd listen to him

>>37194437
>Never once used a belt
for what purpose

if you don't want it, donate it to a local weightlifter kid who needs help and support

>>37197329
Lots of:
Sots press
Snatch sots press
Narrow grip overhead squats
STRETCHING (like 3x/day if you want sick results)

my fav for overhead mobility is foam rolling the scap/T spine whilst holding a dowel rod overhead so its basically like you're rolling the overhead position.

don't forget to focus on anterior delt/pec when stretching

>>37197552
>130 isn't even that much is it?
no, but most people don't squat or they don't really do it well. Besides, I congratulate people on PBs all the time, its not about the weight right now, its about the effort you put into it.
>>
>>37200795
>Ivan Abadjiev can't snatch 90kg

but he used to, that's fucking retarded

he had a silver medal at the worlds
>>
>>37200962
My point is that technical criticism isn't something to take offence at, and the weakness of the individual providing criticism doesn't actually make the criticism more or less true. People should be humble enough to accept genuine criticism, and third parties don't really need to scream "YOURE PROBABLY NOT EVEN ABLE TO LIFT AS MUCH AS THAT GUY"
>>
>>37200995
>doesn't actually make the criticism more or less true.

but it does, we're at 4chan where everyone can pretend to know what they talmbout but actually dont

so yeah having at least decent numbers would make your criticisms more valid
>>
>>37200795
Is sots from the front rack or on back? Do I have to do them weighted or can I just do like 20reps with bar?
>>
>>37201161
>We're at 4chan where everyone can pretend to know what they're talking about
true, but you're probably already a moron if you're genuinely asking people here for advice rather than on wlforums or something

>yeah having at least decent numbers would make your criticisms more valid
I know too many guys with shit lifts/great knowledge and too many with great lifts/shit knowledge to agree with that

>>37201168
>Is sots from the front rack or on theback
technically the sots press is a front squat where you do an OHP in the bottom, but its often used to refer to the snatch version where you do a snatch grip press in the bottom of a back squat.

>Do I have to do them weighted
nope

>can I just do like 20 reps with the bar
I don't think you can do 20 reps with the bar just yet - they're a lot harder than they look

start off with the bar if you can
>>
>>37201245
>I know

that's what i said, you can't possibly know who's posting, numbers would at least give you a clue if it's worth listening to or not

do you like getting barried in your clean
>>
>>37200795
90kg isnt exactly a tiny weight to snatch for someone who weighs less than that, you don't do that your first day in the gym. Don't be so flippant about someone's numbers.
>>
>>37198979
no, i'm from california.
>>37200285
i also think the zika thing has been overblown. are you from brazil? have any advice?
>>
>>37202401
>have any advice?

don't suck dick and you'll be fine
>>
>>37201245
it was more that i was too cheap to buy one, ill probably start using it now that i have one

gonna take some getting used to tho.

and all of the people at my gym who are around my size all ready have belts
>>
>>37202548
>tries to be funny
>gives bad advice
>>
>>37203290

i said "dont suck dick", not "don't get your dick sucked"
>>
>>37204215

>he doesn't suck dicks

Your loss
>>
>>37204253

there are those who suck and those who get sucked

it's important to specialize in life
>>
>>37202992
Use it for max squats and not much else IMO

Maybe max clean or smth

Good to have but don't need to rely on it
>>
>>37204528
yeah i was thinking max squats, cj, clean, jerk
>>
Is anyone changing up their workouts for the summer? My coach wants to switch me from 5 days to 3. He says the off season is coming up. I don't want to get rusty though.
>>
>>37204645
Tell him he's a fucking faggot

What off season, comps run year round
>>
>>37204645
I will be doing MMA and swimming this summer, no lifting for me and hopefully I'll get rid of my injuries.
>>
>>37204918

>fighting
>hopes to get rid of injuries

I'm sorry
>>
>>37204947
Unless something crazy happens in sparring or you compete the injury rate in combat sports is lower than in lifting.
>>
>>37205014

>injury rate in combat sports is lower than in lifting

[Citation needed]

>Unless something crazy happens in sparring

Like you getting hit or locked in an awkward position?
>>
My oly gym will be closed at weekends for summer. Any routine suggestions for Mon-Fri?
>>
File: 40kgJerk.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
40kgJerk.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
how's my form /owg/?
>>
>>37205162
Looks pretty good. You may want to consider training somewhere with gravity for a better workout though.
>>
>>37205162
My coach tells me to turn my feet a bit inwards when landing. You're also jumping kinda high, making you slow.
>>
>>37205082
Getting hit won't injure you unless you take a really hard hit(which shouldn't happen in sparring). And I'm pretty sure that martial arts won't herniate my discs, and I have nothing against lifting faggot.
>>
>>37205220
kek
>>37205240
I'll try

Should I put my foot more in front of my knee?

thanks for the replies
>>
>>37205309

Yeah, and you won't injure your shoulders or knees sparring, for sure. That never happens.

>And I'm pretty sure that martial arts won't herniate my discs

Neither will lifting.
>>
File: power-clean-117.5kg-3x3-1st.webm (2MB, 747x420px) Image search: [Google]
power-clean-117.5kg-3x3-1st.webm
2MB, 747x420px
At least you don't have fucking Sean in your general
>>
>>37205364
>Should I put my foot more in front of my knee?
For some reason im not sure if i understood, but you want your shin as straight as possible, and foot a bit inclined inwards
>>
>>37205427
/owg/ should get strong too, too many technazis here
>>
>>37205480
I'm one of the weaker people in plg
>>
>>37205512
Then switch to owg m8
>>
File: eq-bench-177.5kg.webm (3MB, 747x420px) Image search: [Google]
eq-bench-177.5kg.webm
3MB, 747x420px
>>37205533
The WL coach at my club keeps asking me to be their super

I just want to live the equipped bench life though
>>
>>37205162

Bar path looks good
Final position looks good

Bend your hips more and extend them more (basically use your hip power more, as it is you're using mostly your knees)

You are jumping too much, your center of mass should not rise above where it is if you were standing normally

Instead of jumping and separating the legs, focus more on sliding the feet alongside the ground (there's a very good video where Klokov explains this)

Don't focus on pigeon neck (pushing neck forward) rather pull scaps backwards (end posture looks similar but muscles involved are totally different). From this video it seems like you need some shoulder mobility

Also increase weight, if you're able to jump this is clearly too light for you

And get more nekkid, no homo <3
>>
>>37205439
These crossfitters (I know I know, there is no oly coach where I live) told me I have to put my foot even more in front of my knee, not just perpendicular to the floor. But it feels so unnatural
>>
>>37205613
kek, thanks for the reply

I know what you're talking about, I'll try and post again.
>>
>>37205615
knee directly above ankle is optimal
its more common for foot not to be far forward enough, so it may help to try and think to get foot further forward than knee if you find your knee ends up in front. it also may not help
>>
File: split-snatch[1].jpg (264KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
split-snatch[1].jpg
264KB, 1024x768px
>>37205615

kek
this is a cue commonly used for those who can't manage to have their ankle under their knee even after you tell them repeteadly (which is a symptom of shitty body awareness/flawed motor habits)

you give them an exagerated cue so their flawed body awareness works in their favor and finally they get it right

they're crossfitters and they're parroting somebody else, don't sweat it and listen to pas instead

only legit reason to have the foot much further away is if you're split snatching and you don't have enough ankle flexibility to do pic related, but in that case you'd be in the 50s and you wouldn't have internet
>>
>>37205683
>>37205718
thanks for the replies

kekd at the pic
>>
File: Lü Xiaojun 207kg C&J.webm (1MB, 727x550px) Image search: [Google]
Lü Xiaojun 207kg C&J.webm
1MB, 727x550px
>>37205427

Surprisingly good power cleans.

I'd try widening your grip just a little bit more though, your forearms are kinda long.
Will probably make it a lot easier for you to catch the bar in a good position.
>>
>>37205427

It's just ridiculous how strong Isley is in the DL. That weight looks like 60kg for most people so he has good bar speed from the bottom. Mirin.
>>
Does feeling sad ever fuck up your lifting and tech?

My GF left me and I miss her so much. I am crushed right now. Can't even be bothered to do my daily mobility and stretching. Someone pls tell me everything will be ok ;_;
>>
>>37205782

split snatch is interesting, try it

i have one day each month where I try some novelty liftan

split snatch, one handed stuff, clean and press, and that weird thing that javelin throwers do, where they basically snatch the weight from a behind the back deadlift lol
>>
>>37205978

you are low on dopamine

convert your sadness into rage and use the ensuing tachycardia to fuel your session

burn your cosmo young grasshopper
>>
>>37205921
Trappy I know u fancy islee but pls they are pretty fuckin ugly
>>
File: 1453334089652.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453334089652.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>37206076

You haven't seen Boardie's power cleans yet.
>>
>>37205427

I don't get it, is this supposed to be impressive?

I could power clean 115 for 5 sets of 5 after a few months of starting strenght, and I had very shitty form back then.
>>
>>37206102

a big dog turd is less gross than a pool of dog diarrhoea but it's still a lump of shit

Boardie is also an arrogant shit who has shit lifts for a roider
>>
File: Screenshot_20160518-000429.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160518-000429.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>37206006
Kek, after I get the basics down.
Or the one finger deadlift, pic related

Wth is that last one you mention?
>>
>>37206110

That's 115kg, not lbs.
>>
File: 1463202885140.jpg (392KB, 1041x818px) Image search: [Google]
1463202885140.jpg
392KB, 1041x818px
>>37205427
sean is cool
>>37205971
>bar speed from the bottom
>meaning anything

finally not banned yay
>>37206201
115 is nothing for powerclean
>>
>>37206201

I could power clean 115kg for 5 sets of 5.
Granted, by the end I had the shittiest form ever...

>>37206211

Welp, I guess if you're 50kg then 115 is impressive. But Isley doesn't look 50kg, at all.
>>
>>37205427
arm pull
>>
File: Klokov 232kg C&J.webm (2MB, 1102x620px) Image search: [Google]
Klokov 232kg C&J.webm
2MB, 1102x620px
>>37206147

Isley's power cleans aren't diarrhoea though.
They're not perfect, but are surprisingly good for someone who doesn't actually train weightlifting at all.

But yeah sometimes I forget that this is /owg/ and even Xiaojun and Dimas have "dog turd tech" here.
>>
File: 1463440558160.jpg (24KB, 450x403px) Image search: [Google]
1463440558160.jpg
24KB, 450x403px
>>37206246
lu has good tech

dimas tech is pretty dang bad

isley has bad tech but the arm pull isnt a big deal, he has no extension and his second and third pull are garbage

also who's chest collapses on powerclean
>>
>>37206246
GJ stabilizing the vid
>>
File: 1463248030081.jpg (97KB, 378x428px) Image search: [Google]
1463248030081.jpg
97KB, 378x428px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2bck0KcXbY&feature=youtu.be

when this finishes uploading watch it

dunno if that can be called a double though

My catch is better here and jerks are strong

I have a competition this weekend that i thought was the weekend after. Just have to do 100/130 @85

Next comp is something i'll try and hit bigger numbers on
>>
>>37206211
what animen is this

>>37206246
>have "dog turd tech" here.

you're supposed to know what's good tech because you watched that klokov video

haha
>>
>>37206187

i swear klokov is the funniest motherfucker there is
the real russian weightlifting jesus, ha

the last one i mention i'm looking for a vid of it but i'm having no luck. basically start with the bar behind you, grab with wrists in extreme external rotation, do an hack squat, and snatch the weight above your head from there. supposedly high level javelin throwers can do it with 100kg, ez

>>37206246
dimas is wonderful but he be pretty ugly, common
xiaojun is goku so he doesn't count
>>
>>37206300

love your jerk desu
>>
>>37206304
idolmaster
>>
>>37206246
Yes they are ffs

Maybe you just have low standards or a bad eye

But islees tech is fuckin trash

Don't project about lu.
>>
>>37206300

Youtube sez "an error occurred: op is a faggot"
>>
File: 1440110060703.png (472KB, 844x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1440110060703.png
472KB, 844x1070px
>>37206328
>when this finishes uploading
>>
File: Pyrros Dimas 175kg Snatch.webm (1MB, 733x550px) Image search: [Google]
Pyrros Dimas 175kg Snatch.webm
1MB, 733x550px
No wonder this general is so dead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: 1445196951795.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445196951795.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>37206347
it's cool to watch him lift but that doesnt mean it's good technique
>>
>>37206380
Trappy can't see past any appeal to authority. If her current flavour of the month lifter does it, it must be 100% right, no disscussion
>>
>>37206380

commi how did u train ur jerk to be so good?
>>
>>37206380

i hope you get banned soon again

>>37206398
>her

trappy i lub ya but i have so much trouble seeing you as a woman

sry dickbro </3

>>37206399
he spends his nights jerking
>>
>>37206411

fuck u faggot leave our king alone
>>
>>37206306
Now I get it, fucking hell
>>
File: Akkayev 198kg Snatch.webm (771KB, 1102x620px) Image search: [Google]
Akkayev 198kg Snatch.webm
771KB, 1102x620px
>>37206380

It's missing the point though.

Define what's "good technique". Is it following the textbook, or having developed your own technique that allows you to win gold medals in the olympics? (and even set world records)

Because if "good technique" is following the textbook, you'll see a surprising amount of medalists and world records were achieved with "bad technique".
If that's the case, can you really call it "bad" though? It's achieving the ultimate end goal, that only a massive minority of people training for this sport will ever achieve.

Klokov has "bad snatch tech" and yet he's one of the strongest snatchers in his class.
Even Aramnau had meh tech in Beijing. Hell, watch the other lifters. Trash technique all over the place everywhere.
Godelli has trash tech on both lifts and yet (had) won a gold medal in the world's.
Dimas has "bad tech" and yet he won 4 olympic medals, 3 of them gold, and set multiple world records in his career.
Xiaojun's tech is far from textbook, he even has the tendency to flex his elbows during the pulls (which people would be up in arms about if it wasn't Xiaojun), and yet he's still getting higher and higher numbers and seems to be ready to set a lifetime performance in the olympics that are coming.
Even Ilya doesn't have beautiful textbook tech for his Snatch.

So what does "good tech" really means for an olympic-tier athlete?
>>
>>37206570
Aramnau and klokov has bad snatch tech? Are you fucking retarded

Wait why am I even asking

Everyone knows you are
>>
File: ex.jpg (115KB, 675x663px) Image search: [Google]
ex.jpg
115KB, 675x663px
>>37206595

Did you even read the post?

And yes, many people argue Klokov has bad snatch tech because he doesn't extend his knees completely when snatching (he does when cleaning though). Go watch it.

But if you read my post you'll see I'm arguing that these things are not "bad tech".
Maybe you're too simpleminded to understand such nuances, though.
>>
Hit me with them lower body mobility routines
>>
>>37206595
Nigga did you even read the post
>>
>>37206595

>argues against tech nazism
>gets called a fucking retarded tech nazi

Only on /owg/
>>
>>37206624
>>37206663
>>37206729

all posts made by the same dude

wow what a surprise trappy
>>
>>37205978
I know whatyatalkingbout. just had the worst session since i started. heck not even my warmup wheigts were good. i just totally fucked up all just because madame is mad at me for not supporting somestupid idea of her
>>
File: sure.jpg (63KB, 602x270px) Image search: [Google]
sure.jpg
63KB, 602x270px
>>37206744

I'm sure it makes you feel better about your shitposting if you tell that to yourself.
>>
File: 1435936102372.jpg (116KB, 984x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1435936102372.jpg
116KB, 984x1400px
>>37206399
relax your arms and think of uncle

also lrn2 lockout

>>37206570
Good technique is about preventing injury and efficiency

They did have technique issues

A few things to address
>technique shouldnt be critiqued at maximal weights or whatever
>the weights they were all lifting were submaximal relative to their training
>drugs make technique not matter much
>lu bending his arms in clean and snatch are a result of tight lats rather than improper technique, see heavy deadlifters doing light weight

And with all of that said

My training gives no attention to technique because good technique doesnt win you medals and all that blah blah blah

Good technique=efficient
dimas=bad tech
bad tech/=weak lifts or bad athlete
>>
>>37206300
watch watch watch
>>
>>37206744
Nah nigga just another nigga lurkin and you made a fool of yourself dipshit
>>
>>37206570
Fair comment, but don't apply the same thought to islee. His tech sucks because he's bad, not because he developed a style that works. You brought up lu and dimas when people called out his shit technique, some of us at least are clever enough to know an elite level lifters quirks vs a powerlifter who doesn't know what he's doing
>>
>>37206916
^ this
>>
>>37205512
You're one of the weaker people in owg.....
>>
File: 1455434984065.jpg (18KB, 220x236px) Image search: [Google]
1455434984065.jpg
18KB, 220x236px
>>37206916

Look, I'm not saying Isley has "good tech". By "surprisingly good" I just meant that it was surprisingly ok on the goodness level scale when compared to boardie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNHuhGaP-8k) and considering he doesn't train weightlifting, not that it was "wow excellent good tech you don't even have to fix anything".

You people need to learn not to cry and get mad about small stuff. I know it's hard, but it's a good lifeskill to have, both in and outside of 4chan.
>>
>>37207120
I agree with you , you faggot.
>>
>>37207120

>telling spergs not to be autistic
>>
>>37207120

dang i don't think i ever saw a less explosive power clean
>>
File: File_003.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
File_003.webm
3MB, 480x270px
405lbs
455lbs

eh i tried
>>
>>37207188

The pin partial squats were pretty awesome
>>
File: 1461155849979.png (21KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1461155849979.png
21KB, 420x420px
>>
>>37205162
Wow this is excellent please be my coach
>>
>>37206780
Commi how did your jerk get so >good
>>
>>37207188
natty? height, weight?
>>
>>37208215
Ye
5'3
88kg
>>
>>37208223
how long you been lifting?
>>
>>37208233
Me?
Not long hehehehe
>>
>>37208201
idk
>>
>>37208466
ADMIT TO YOUR ESPIONAGE
>>
File: 1463268628042.png (239KB, 392x498px) Image search: [Google]
1463268628042.png
239KB, 392x498px
>>37208512
Whatever are you talking about

i dont have any of your programs saved or any tips written down

does my technique have a hint of chinese or what ;^)
>>
>>37208541
Commi when will you have a six pack
>>
File: 1463272722813.jpg (67KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
1463272722813.jpg
67KB, 495x495px
>>37208596
idk maybe tomorrow or the day after :^)
>>
>>37208628
30 situps will do the trick
>>
>>37208639
delete your post please we cant have secrets like that getting out
>>
$20 says Ilya just got popped for steroids in the 2008 Olympic retest and is banned for life screen cap this.
>>
File: 82686890.jpg (27KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
82686890.jpg
27KB, 400x225px
>115 kg total now

See you in Rio.
>>
>>37208820

he's never been sanctioned so he can't get a life ban. maybe a heavy 8 year one though
>>
File: 235_107_btnpp.webm (719KB, 224x364px) Image search: [Google]
235_107_btnpp.webm
719KB, 224x364px
Sup wlg (lmao you guys spelled it wrong AGAIN)
I'm curious as to how low I should dip to launch for a push press? Lower didn't feel better, is there a general recommendation?
>>
>>37209344
It's personal preference. Some people barely even do a dip. Like Liao hui.
>>
>>37209370

It's not really personal preference, especially if you're using the PP as assistance for a jerk

A short dip is better because you lose mechanical advantage the deeper you go. You don't gain anything by going deep, but you do lose whip
>>
>>37209344
Most strong jerkers (Liao, akkaev, etc.) have a very short dip relative to their size
>>
>>37204722
Last one around me is June 11. Next after that isn't til the end of September
>>
File: Klokov 225kg Push Press.webm (1MB, 553x540px) Image search: [Google]
Klokov 225kg Push Press.webm
1MB, 553x540px
>>37209344

Short dips. Yours is ok depth, just try to break more at the knees and keep your torso a bit more upright though (might be easier with heels). You wanna use the quads to help drive the bar up, not the hip extensors (they mostly create forward drive).

It's a bit easier to nail the technique doing push presses from the front rack, as that's a bit easier to stand more upright and not lose balance.

And try to be more explosive with the drive up.
>>
Does anyone have some before and after pics of OLY gains?
>>
>>37209688

>oly gains

They make gains from strength training and bodybuilding work.
>>
File: 1pl8x14ish.webm (2MB, 224x364px) Image search: [Google]
1pl8x14ish.webm
2MB, 224x364px
>>37209439
>>37209370
And how about grip width? When I'm doing btn press I like to go more narrow, when I add in a push I go a little wider because I don't have to be as strong off the shoulders. When I go to push jerks I go even wider just so I don't have to drop so low. I don't go all the way down in the push jerks because I'm a pussy.

Also I don't know wtf happed but my press has almost gotten worse. I did some upper work yesterday too but I've done sets of 19 before on OHP. Maybe I haven't gone unbroken for 14? Dunno it feels nice to be pressing again

>>37209681
word, thanks for the input. I'll bring my bench shoes in with me next time I do it. Thinking of feeling out Sotts press again, I've only done it maybe twice. Pretty spoopy trying to catch that weight when you;re already in the hole pretty much bottomed out
>>
>>37208820
all medalists should be banned if this is a legit test
>>
>>37209715
lmao I fucked that up. accidentally had the same crop left over from my last webm
>>
>>37209584
3-4 months isn't offseason your coach is a retard, that's just enough for a good training cycle for another comp
>>
>>37209344
>roiding for this
>>
File: 1pl8x14ish.webm (3MB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
1pl8x14ish.webm
3MB, 406x720px
>>37209762
let's try this again
>>
>>37209775
your elbow lockout is gay pls dont every do oly because you will break your tiny gay bendy elbows and you'll be called for all your pressouts

also the plate says 35lb you lying fuck
>>
File: u dumb anon.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
u dumb anon.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>37209800
>35lb
lmao wut
>>
File: Moment arms.jpg (130KB, 454x900px) Image search: [Google]
Moment arms.jpg
130KB, 454x900px
>>37209715

Here's something I've written on this before (talking about "front" presses for the most part though):

A "narrow grip" is the strongest when it comes to leverage.

A slightly wider grip has worse leverages, but reduces the range of motion slightly as compensation, and can be more comfortable when receiving it from a Clean, depending on your proportions.

A grip as wide as a regular bench grip or a snatch grip is detrimental, as it highly reduces the effectiveness of the clavicular pec major contribution. It does increase the work of your lateral delts, though, so it can be used as an assistance exercise. It's usually done behind the neck, as it's too awkward to hold the bar with a wide grip in front of you.

Narrower grip = more flexion less abduction (relative) | more elbow extension required | longer total range of motion | stronger leverages (can lift heaviest) | more upper chest involvement
Wider grip = more abduction less flexion (relative) | less elbow extension required | shorter total range of motion | weaker leverages (can't lift as heavy) | less upper chest involvement

Keep in mind the differences in leverages and range of motion can offset one another. A grip too narrow will be detrimental, and a grip only slightly wider than the regular narrow grip will allow you to lift basically the same amount of weight. And keep in mind that while a snatch grip has less elbow extension required, it puts your triceps in an weaker position.

-----

As for the BTN, there are a few considerations that make weightlifters prefer a semi-snatch (or full snatch) grip. Yes, you are stronger off the back with a closer grip because of the chest contribution to flexion. Wider grips sub flexion ROM for abduction ROM, and the chest isn't as strong for abduction.
However:
>>
>>37209877
trappy why you do all dis? dis make joo happy? cuz u seem sad inside.
>>
File: Klokov 125kgx4 Snatch Press.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Klokov 125kgx4 Snatch Press.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>37209715
>>37209877

- Wider grip puts more emphasis on the musculature that will be involved in holding the bar overhead during the Snatch, so it's more specific as an assistance exercise.

- Wider grip can put less strain on the rotator cuff muscles: external rotation + high degree of adduction from having the bar behind your neck reduces the space in the glenohumeral joint (just like internal rotation + high degree of abduction), which can lead to tendons getting impinged (depends on genetics and your mobility). A wider grip has you start at a less adducted/more abducted position, allowing for a less straining bottom position.

- Starting BTN lowers the ROM for flexion and increases for abduction. Using a wider grip further reduces the ROM for flexion and increases for abduction. As it's used as an assistance exercise, maximising the abduction here is useful - as the regular press/push press is a lot more about flexion.

- Wider grip has your scapula rotation, done by the serratus anterior and lower traps (smaller contribution from mid traps too), starts way earlier (the initial 30-45 degrees of abduction is mostly just glenohumeral - a wider grip has you starting at a higher degree, thus involving the scapulae rotation earlier). This is important because the rotation of the scapulae is a way your body has to increase the space in the glenohumeral joint, which prevents impingement and keeps your shoulder in a stronger and more stable position. This further reinforces why a wider grip is better to prevent injury when pressing BTN.

- Earlier scapulae rotation also means your traps will be overall doing "more" work (quotation marks because the total ROM is not that different, the difference is mainly that they will be having a bigger focus on this)
>>
>>37209996
I assure you I'm reading these but I have a final tomorrow so I won't be able to respond in full
>>
File: Klokov 192kg Thruster.webm (710KB, 529x600px) Image search: [Google]
Klokov 192kg Thruster.webm
710KB, 529x600px
>>37209958

Cause I love this :)

I'm pretty happy with life overall senpai, things are good.

>>37210048

Don't worry, you don't have to respond back with a big text kek.

I'm going to sleep now anyways, I'm supposed to be in class in about 5 hours from now. gnight~
>>
File: Overhead Press Megathread.png (2MB, 1037x9203px) Image search: [Google]
Overhead Press Megathread.png
2MB, 1037x9203px
>>37209996
>>37210048

If you wanna read more about the press later.
>>
>>37209877
you speak in relative terms, which makes sense. i'm 5'8, but have a 6'0 wingspan. naturally, a slightly wider grip feels more natural to me.
>>
File: 1462999228240.webm (1MB, 742x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462999228240.webm
1MB, 742x480px
>>37210198

The narrow grip she mentions is this width.
>>
>>37210252
right. a slightly wider grip than this feels more natural to me. i believe it's because i'm +4 in wingspan.

having mostly always pressed/jerked at this width, i'm starting to feel what may be the beginning of an impingement.

what would the solution be? start jerking slightly wider? is this a bandaid solution?
>>
Jesus fucking Christ owg, of course I have rubbish technique. I was just posting a webm from six months ago from the last time I did some power cleans. Obviously I'm not going to be good.

This is like if you posted a 120kg bench press and everyone shat on you for not being paused, max legal grip and very arched. Ofc it's not, it's not your sport...
>>
>>37210469
Everyone already knows you have shit technique everyone is just getting triggered because resident shitposter attention whore posted some dumb shot again

Don't worry we don't care about you :D
>>
>>37210469

<3 <3 <3
>>
>>37207120
You need to realise what thread you're in you twat. Of course people will cry over that shit.

Don't act like you're in a position to give out advice about real life either, jesus christ
>>
>>37210683
Trip on trappy
>>
Which is better for a beginner with no real max for the classics due to developing tech?

Catalyst program or the one someone recommended to me here?

M: Sn Tech, Sn Pull
T: Squat, Push Press
W:Rest
T:CJ Tech, Clean Pull
F:Rest
S:Snatch,CJ, Front squat
S:Rest
>>
>>37212062
what days do you work
>>
>>37206211
Post yours pls
>>
>>37212100
I don't work :^)
>>
>>37212100
What do you mean?
>>
>>37212280
if you work mon-fri you'd probably be better off doing mon,weds,fri,sat but if you don't work it doesn't matter
>>
>>37212284
Ah ok but anyway, does that look fine? Or is catalyst much better?

I'm not sure where I could add another backsquat session and bodybuilding into it?
>>
>>37212299
i dont like to make or comment on programs because its too hard to make good calls on people you know nothing about
>>
File: 1442194985095.jpg (53KB, 331x492px) Image search: [Google]
1442194985095.jpg
53KB, 331x492px
>>37210587
>>37211219

>hey guys I'm autismo and like to shitpost but it's trappy's fault
>attention whores am i right????

Senpai pls.
>>
>>37210469
wew calm down there lad
>>37209715
>60x14
is that meant to be strong or something
lol even im not that far off that and i press like once every couple of months whilst weighing as much as a child
>>
>>37212833

Quality post Pas, thanks for being a valuable member of this community.
>>
What weight is technique work as a % or as a beginner?

Just the bar? How much technique work do I do?
Just one drill?
>>
>>37212813
>disagree with trappy
>must be autismo shitposting

Nah, maybe it's just because we disagree with you. Learn to take criticism. You come across very childish with youre weird crush on islee
>>
>>37212887
As opposed to what? Trappy congratulating some faggots ugly as fuck cleans? Or some roided fuck posting his mediocre as fuck push press trying to show off?

Plg can fuck off
>>
>>37212946
Get a coach or die drilling
>>
>>37212946
Whatever weight you can properly lift

Once you have established maxes the bulk of your training should be 79-85% if you're ruski or 90-100% if ur bulg

If ur China u should ask deli it's a sekrit
>>
>>37212062
Well this is a good template, just add core and bodybuilding work. I don't really like catalyst programs, all kind of weird scarecrowsnatchbalancethruster shit there
>>
>>37213018

Ok thx but better question. Since I don't have established maxes, is it better to do drills with the bar or full snatches with the bar etc when technique work is listed?

Is it good to pause when doing pulls as a noob and where?
>>
File: Angelo Bianco 185kg C&J.webm (2MB, 691x540px) Image search: [Google]
Angelo Bianco 185kg C&J.webm
2MB, 691x540px
>>37213001

I take criticism just fine and am completely fine with disagreement and discussing things out.

But

>Everyone already knows you have shit technique everyone is just getting triggered because resident shitposter attention whore posted some dumb shot again
>Don't worry we don't care about you :D
>You need to realise what thread you're in you twat. Of course people will cry over that shit.
>Don't act like you're in a position to give out advice about real life either, jesus christ

This is some high level spergging friendo.
I like the "everyone" and "we" meme though, good job on that one.
>>
>>37213032
Pls help I don't know what
>>
File: Liao Hui 170kg Snatch.webm (810KB, 564x540px) Image search: [Google]
Liao Hui 170kg Snatch.webm
810KB, 564x540px
>>37213032
>>37213139

Just do these drills and then move on to doing the full lift with lighter weights for tech work.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X

Pausing at the knees is ok for the initial sets, so you can remind yourself the proper cues and movements for each part of the lift. But it's not necessary.
>>
>>37208223
>5'3
>>
>>3721318
Ty bby
Should I do pulls slower and controlled or fast?
>>
>>37213230

Both are useful for different purposes.
>>
>>37213188
>>37213196

Also what do for pulls? 5x3 or 6x3?
>>
>>37213244
Ok then for a beginner who still doesn't have an established max?
>>
>>37213009
Lmao anon relax my child

Y u so mad
>>
File: Klokov 200kg Paused Snatch.webm (1MB, 571x668px) Image search: [Google]
Klokov 200kg Paused Snatch.webm
1MB, 571x668px
>>37213258

Do both.
Start slower with the bar, move on to faster.
Watch the videos linked.

>>37213250

Depends on your program. But yeah usually between 1-3 reps per set, 10-15 total reps (between 60-100%+)
Keep in mind, most of the time the 6x2 or 5x3 things are not supposed to be all done with your max. You can change the weights to lighter backoff sets after you've hit your max or a PR.
>>
>>37213298
The 5x3 is in this program >>37212062
>>
>>37207526
Kek, not sure if srs
>>
>>37213068
Well if you hadn't got your panties in a bunch and sperged out over islee first time round maybe people wouldn't have joined in, yeah?

Cool autismo meme, friendo.
>>
>>37213261
Just sick of haram attentionwhores like u m8. I guess you were probably bullied at school which I'm sorry about but u need to realise that acting like a big guy online just makes u look fkin dumb
>>
>>37213485
Did I kill your dog? Fuck your bitch?
>>
>>37213527
Why do you feel the need to seek approval from anonymous people on the internet?
>>
>>37213698
I just enjoy irritating angsty faggots like you much more than getting approval from them.
Thank you for satiating my desire
>>
>>37213716
Your life must be so fulfilling. What a shallow existence you have.

Seems like I'm not the angsty one there Jr. Off you go pin some more test into your glute then muddle through some more presses

Lmao
>>
I think my snatch first pull is fucked or something. I realised I was cutting my extension short and it's fine with hang snatches just not with full snatch. What do?
>>
File: 1444932260550.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1444932260550.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>37213464

Sperged out over isley? You might wanna re-read the post. >>37205921

If this is "sperging out over someone" for you, I wonder what you'd consider your posts if you had the minimum amount of self-awareness a non-autistic person has. >>37210587 >>37211219
>>
>>37214011
Those posts aren't from the same person FYI

Shit posting has always been a staple on /fit/ especially when trips are concerned. You shouldn't be so naive to it. If you, isley, boardie, norse, pas, pent, whoever post with a name or trip people are gonna be shitty to you. You know that's the case here and fighting it just encourages it more. Just rise above it.
>>
>>37213971
Obviously you should post a form check.
>>
>>37214269

Yeah the later ones were Pas with his trip off. Dude is going through some mental breakdown or something.
>>
>>37190799
What does my stats have to be before Lu fucks my boypussy?
>>
we need people to play csgo
add me on steam avaricecake
>>
File: klokov.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
klokov.png
2MB, 1366x768px
Anyone got any experience with tack and flossing?
Ive got some hip pain that im trying to make gone with voodoo
>>
>>37215490
Banded hip distraction. I'll put up one link, they're all pretty similar methods
http://www.allthingsgym.com/squat-mwod-series-part-2-of-3/
I like ATG content so I just picked that, I can't remember which article I read and what I was instructed to do from a plg friend.
>>
File: 1431406530352.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1431406530352.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>37215660
Havent tried bandet hip distractions yet, gonna try warming up with it tomorrow.
I ordered Kelly Starrets book yesterday aswell, looking forward to snatching like a leopard
>>
>>37213068

you have a tiny dick
>>
>>37207188
you're fucking sick doe
>>
>>37209344
shit overhead pos
>>
>>37212115
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEz2N9KxcTL/?taken-by=commisar9
>>
File: outtathewaychinkfucks.jpg (219KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
outtathewaychinkfucks.jpg
219KB, 1080x1080px
>>
>>37217593

>not on the pink bike
>>
>>37217285
ur sister is autism

still wood tho
>>
>>37217593
This is an autistic fucking picture.
>same grey shirt and black pants in all training videos
are you poor commi
>>
>>37217749
no

also it's called posing, look it up hehehe
>>
>>37217774
pls get some new clothes
>>
>>37217774
I am your age and pretty autistic/retarded, but taking a picture of yourself on a bike in a store and putting it on social media is too much.
>>
File: 1454885470524.jpg (1MB, 859x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1454885470524.jpg
1MB, 859x1200px
>>37217853
sweats+t shirt is most comfy for training
>>37217864
i didnt take or post that picture
>>
>>37190799
Lu's chest seems so full. Dat godlike genome.
>>
>>37217593
it's the expression that makes it look autistic as fuck + shitty haircut and seemingly fat build
>>
>>37217878
Commi can I be your facebook friend?
>>
>>37217878
get some different sweats and t shirts pls
wear jeans or something where outside the gym
rly basic fashion sense is a life skill you'll have to learn sometime, the earlier the better

also try tights, theyre even more comfy
>>
>>37217879
he's got a gap if you look closely, it's getting covered by the shadow

klokov has a full good shape chest

best genetic
>>
File: 1454207466490.jpg (115KB, 780x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1454207466490.jpg
115KB, 780x1100px
>>37217888
i dont have facebook
>>37217899
ok i'll buy new sweats

all of mine are pretty worn rn
>>
File: 1440098639859.jpg (348KB, 783x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1440098639859.jpg
348KB, 783x1200px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ujrAEqMPw&feature=youtu.be

check my morning sesh yo
>>
>>37217958
Commi does jerking off to lolis impede your social skills? Have u ever had a gf?
>>
>>37218106
idk i've never had gf
>>
>>37218103
Strong lad but those last two snatches were horrible.
>Shitting on commie when I'm 35/55
>>
>>37217925
Bruh, look how wide and tight it is. His chest is so freaking impressive. Ain't gonna lie, ain't even seeing such things on BBers.
>>
>>37218145
yeah when i watched them i was like you what happened did durkz possess me
>>
>>37218160
Commie what's ur height, weight and arm and shoulder circumference?
Also you should use hashtags in your pictures maybe some good coach will notice you and get you great(juiced up).
>>
>>37218103

Go, Jake!
>>
>>37217958
thanks bb
>>
File: 018.jpg (228KB, 750x1049px) Image search: [Google]
018.jpg
228KB, 750x1049px
>>37218202
i'm 5'7 and dont feel like measuring the rest

yeah i should start trying to get famous so that someone can send me dat gud geer
>>
>>37218264
Manlet :^)
I'm 6 feet and I feel very small at my school, half the kids are as tall or taller than me. Also whenever I stop lifting for a while I grow a fem cm.
>tfw stopping lifting for the summer so you can get taller than your dad
>>
>>37218315
wish 12 year olds would go back to playing with their dolls
>>
>>37218385
>12
try adding a few years
>Implying I shouldn't lift and play sports since a young age so I don't become one of those 25 year old skinnyfats at the gym
I'm also a slav so I have to be big and strong to honor my heritage
>>
File: 1455417308745.jpg (153KB, 1024x1516px) Image search: [Google]
1455417308745.jpg
153KB, 1024x1516px
>>37218414
^^^

post lifts and social media
>>
>>37218414
>I'm also a slav so I have to be big and strong to honor my heritage
Implying
>>
>>37218315
>Also whenever I stop lifting for a while I grow a fem cm.
you know thats bullshit right?
>>
>>37206818
no no no
>>
>>37218452
It's my experience, I lifted for a couple months last year and grew maybe 2 cm, then I stopped for a month and grew 3. Haven't grown at all since I started lifting again in November and it's not like I'm a late/early bloomer or anything.
>>37218445
>Implying I'm not deeply insecure due to other kids being stronger than me
>>37218431
Don't film my lifts but I have an ugly as shit 35 kg snatch and a okayish clean and power jerk of 50 kg. I also did 55 once but I fucked my back up with shit form. Maybe I will film something this Friday and get laughed at.
>>
>>37218491
do you want to join a chat of elite weightlifters
>>
>>37218504
Yes. I have windows phone though so I think most chat apps are off limits. I will also probably stop lifting all summer so I'm not sure you lads would welcome me.
>>
>>37218524
why would you stop lifting for the summer
>>
>>37218539
I want to do MMA but my dad doesn't let me so I'm going to take the money he gives me for gym and pay for MMA classes.
>>
>>37218557
Are you the off season guy?
>>
>>37218590
No. I am the guy that argued with the other guy if lifting or martial arts cause more injuries.
>Implying my trash country has a single WL coach
Can I join wechat now?
>>
>>37218617
Do you like lolis?
>>
>>37218646
I like qts of all shapes and sizes.
>>
>>37218646
^
>>
>>37218646
what is your favorite anime
>>
>>37218674
I don't watch anime, or any serialized content for that matter(except GOT or netflix shows I watch in a weekend). But I used to read Grappler Baki, Hajime no Ippo and some other stuff.
>>
>>37218705
eh sounds kinda normie but whatever

add me on wechat commisar9
>>
>>37218715
>eh sounds kinda normie but whatever
I am a failing normie.
>>
>>37218749
ok lets catch up on wechat go go go
>>
>>37200795
Cool man.

I've got very long arms and I'm just toes-y for some lower back reasons. I really feel like I have exaggerate that pull back or else the bar is making contact mid thigh.

I guess I could grip the bar wider but I have little hobbit hands that can barely hold on as is.

My PB is 110 at around 80k bw.

At least my clean is kinda good :/
>>
>>37210095
You better have the short sheep phenotype...

If not, perhaps if you slept as a normal person should your mental illness would dissolve.
>>
>>37209877
>>37209996
>>37210198
>>37210285
>>37210252
This is /owg/. If you're a weightlifter, you should clean with a jerk grip. The end bruh.
>>
>>37218957

Do you mean press with a jerk grip?
>>
>>37218957
>clean with a jerk grip
you mean press?
totally agree, yasha has a good article on this
>>37218761
commie I added you and made a bad joke
>>
>>37219017
yes sorry :(

I personally do clean with my jerk grip though. Not claiming it's ideal though.
>>
>>37217273
try AS HARD AS YOU CAN to make this constructive
>>
>>37219402
look at those chinese guys and do what they do for oh pos :^)

forward head, shrug up, internal rotation
>>
>>37219402

You don't really lock out, you just hit full arm extension then descend. If you were training the push press as an assistant to the jerk you'd want to 'fix' the bar overhead on every rep, meaning your shoulders are pushed up and back and the musculature of your upper back is supporting most of the weight.

but ur kein gewichtheber so whatvr do wat u want
>>
>>37219560
>>37219483
basically make more out of my reps? I'll try this. My OHP has been stalled at 100 for so long and I used to love the movement

Thanks for the input fellers
>>
File: 105 pp.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
105 pp.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>37219579
feel sort of like an ass to post myself for this

do you see that weird shit i do for oh pos

do that
>>
>>37219624
I know how to shrug and internally rotate I just don't do that for my reps.

I'll make sure to film and post.
>>
I did 102 snatch this morning and then this afternoon i did 130 clean and jerk, 140 clean and 102 snatch again

Just have to hit 100/130 on saturday and weigh in at 85
>>
File: Sara Alemanno 85kg C&J.webm (2MB, 524x510px) Image search: [Google]
Sara Alemanno 85kg C&J.webm
2MB, 524x510px
Bumping this

>>37218957

Racking position =/= jerk grip. Many lifters widen their grip for the jerk in order to shorten the ROM

Also, snatch and semi-snatch grip for BTN.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.