[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 304
Thread images: 28

File: k_bowhunts.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
k_bowhunts.webm
3MB, 720x404px
Shit hip anatomy limits me with front squats, but back squats are fine.
What should I replace FS with?
>>
What are good exercises for triceps that dont strain the elbows too much?
>>
>>37132177
Friend that has a fucked up elbow had less difficulty doing skullcrushers with an EZ bar than anything else, have you tried it ?
>>
Would running only mk-677 for a first cycle of sarms be good? Or do I add lgd-4033?
>>
>>37132188
Yea, ive done skullcrushers, pulldowns with rope and bar and bent over pulldowns. I was just wondering if anyone knew which one strained the elbows the least. I think I'll go back to skullcrushers than if it worked for your friend.
>>
What are some good hypertrophy programs to follow if I solely want to add mass?
My current stats after 5mo (all 1rm):
Squat 260
Bench 180
Ohp 110
Diddly 305

I've stopped progressing with strength and I look like shit still. I want to focus on hypertrophy and gaining mass while maintaining my current numbers, what should I do?
>>
>>37132225
Look into PPL programs or UL splits. I think you'd be better off doing a PPL program tho.
>>
SS+GOMAD
>>
>>37132263
Do you know any good ones? I don't think I wanna add more weight currently because it's really fucking hard to progress. I'm still pretty far off of my goal of 1/2/3/4, but for now I wanna add pure mass because I look small.
>>
File: Sopranos.jpg (74KB, 970x632px) Image search: [Google]
Sopranos.jpg
74KB, 970x632px
>>37131771
Candito's 6 Week Strength Program calls for 2 of the following:

1. Calf Raises On Leg Press
2. Any other form of calf raise.
3. Leg Curl
4. Leg Extension (can be useful to relieve knee pain as a cooldown)
5. Isolation Glute Exercises
6. Single Leg Press
7. Single Leg curl

I don't have access to a gym so I can only do these:

2. Any other form of calf raise.
5. Isolation Glute Exercises

I have a barbell so I plan on doing calf raise for #2.

TL;DR
>What are exercises I can do for #5/Isolation Glute Exercises with a barbell and bench?
>>
File: NICE.gif (499KB, 245x240px) Image search: [Google]
NICE.gif
499KB, 245x240px
>>37132299
SS+GOMAD indeed...
>>
I've lost around 25 pounds of fat while doing pushups and situps 6 times a week
I was gonna join the gym and start lifting this weekend but I'm not sure if it's better to lift now or when I get thinner or what

For the record I'd like to lose another 20 or 30 pounds but I'm afraid it'll take me another 4 or 5 months and I'd like to get lifting this summer
>>
What's 1/2/3/4 ? Is it 1 rep maxes or 5 rep maxes?
>>
1pl8 OHP
2pl8 Bench
3pl8 Squat
4pl8 Deadlift
1RM
>>
>>37132225
This is total bro-science but its helped me hugely breaking plateaus and adding size, I do a bro split of:
>Chest/Tris (priority on bench)
>Back/Bis (Priority on dead)
>Legs/Shoulders (Priority on Squats)

I started by doing a crazy hypertrophy day (8 sets of 8 maxing at 70-80% of PR) for each bodypart/day once a month, once you get used to it do it twice a month.

Presently I'm doing equal days of heavy lifting and hypertrophy lifting and I've been seeing results for the first time in a while. Gonna continue til the end of my cut around July.
>>
>>37132384
>>37132404
Only dyels say it is 1RM. It is 5RM.
>>
>>37132412
I really don't give a fuck about going past 1/2/3/4; I have nothing to prove to anyone strength wise; I just wanna look good while being able to do 1/2/3/4.
All the autists on here who call others "weak faggots" because they can't squat 4 plates are all projecting e-statting morons. I wanna lift a heavy amount (in my opinion) and look good - fuck the functional strength, I don't need it and I care about my joints.
>>
>>37132473
kek fuck off twink
>>
Hey guys..

I'm on 500mg test-e and 400mg Deca per week...

I'm starting to get fairly bad acne on my chest, belly, shoulders, and back...
How the fuck do I deal with this!?!? How do those juice heads avoid acne!?!?

I'm already showering twice a day and using acne wash
>>
>>37132490
Enjoy your arthritis at age 50 retard
>>
>>37132473
When a refugee comes to rape you you will regret not being strong.
>>
>>37132473
I'm just finally coming up on 1/2/3/4 stats after about 1.5 years of lifting seriously. I wanna eventually hit the 1,000lb club but im happy with 2/3/4 for now
>>
>>37132535
>implying I'd ever go hand to hand with a rapefugee
This isn't ancient Greece faggot, we have guns now.
>>37132551
For 1 rep right?
Nice either way man, you're doing better than 99% of normies.
>>
So my TDEE is 2100. I spent two weeks eating about 1000 a day on average, sometimes lower. And I lost no weight. Is eating too far below your TDEE a bad idea or did I just not give it enough time? I am and have been well hydrated so I don't think it was that. I was using MFP.
>>
>>37132606
Don't starve yourself, your body will begin burning muscle to sustain itself.
Eat below your tdee, do cardio if you want and lift.
>>
what should my sets of weighted dips/chinups look like? 3x5/5x5/3xF???
>>
>>37132669
For weighted always do 3x5.
>>
>>37132606
Lel metabolic damage lel.
>>
Nipples poke through shirt. Am dude. What do?
>>
>>37132715
wear black
>>
>>37132473
that sexual frustration tho
>>
So I'm 2 days into SS 3x5 with rows instead of cleans. Will be increasing everything by 2 2.5s every time I go. I'm starting with just the bar for everything but the bar. This makes me feel great about OHP but bullshit with my squat. How do I judge what 80% is? Is it worth trying to figure out, or does the fact that I havent lifted in years say I should just keep adding 5 lb for everything until I stall on something?
>>
>>37132768
>I'm starting with just the bar for everything but the bar.

Fuck, I mean everything but deadlift that has 1pl8.
>>
When I started lifting almost a year ago I was all about focusing on that hip draive for the squat. To help with this I focused on looking down as Rip suggested. However after about 6 months I noticed I was starting to turn my squats into a squat morning. I've since slowly changed by gaze to looking slightly forward, I found this helps me keep my hips from shooting up without moving the bar and it lowers the work that my back has to do.

Has anybody else had this experience when learning to squat? I only low bar squat btw.
>>
So
How do I tell if a gym has certain equiptment before going there and they don't respond to my emails or calls
>>
>>37132839
Go in person and ask for a tour.
>>
>>37132708
Just read up on that. Nope, I feel awesome and my poops are healthy. I'm just going to add more cardio and eat closer to my TDEE.
>>
File: 1457364652891.jpg (134KB, 764x764px) Image search: [Google]
1457364652891.jpg
134KB, 764x764px
I used to be beautiful when I was skinny but during HS I got fat and still am after.
I'm 190 lb (obese as fuck) right now and I feel awful about it after lurking around here for a few minutes and thinking/comparing.

My question is how do convince myself to keep going if I start?
First off, I mostly go on /ic/ and draw for the most of my days along with keeping up with college. I want to get good at drawing so badly because it's been my passion for years and years. I don't feel comfortable doing anything else, it's like some autism. I just don't feel inspired or compelled to study in depth about getting fit, I'd spend hours learning how to paint or refine one of my fundamental abilities.

I don't know, can someone who's into art shit too convince me to get fit?
>>
Do you need a tan to be aesthetic? I am 1 tier abode albino mode, but I don't want to get skin cancer from tanning.
>>
>34" chest
>31" waist
>36" hips

How do I combat having wide hips? It's gross :(
>>
What's the best exercise for triceps?
>>
>>37133456
Lots of chest work, Lots of back/lats work, lots of shoulder work (Specifically side delts for width)
>>
>>37133011
There's a quotation that people have applied to bodybuilding...
"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and sculptor". It's attributed to Alexis Carrel, who won the Nobel prize for medicine in 1912, but it rings true. If you're into art, think of the opportunity you have with your own body.
>>
Is it a good idea to tell people I meet in the gym that I'm struggling with depression? People who try to get to know me that is

I feel like hanging myself because of no job
>>
>>37133640
Don't lay your problems on other people. It's rude and off-putting.

Nothing annoys me more than meeting someone new and 5 minutes later he drones on and on about all the bad shit happening in his life.
>>
I've missed starting my cut early, there's a wedding in two weeks and my bulky ass wants to get laid.

Simple question: Is Keto a meme? I'm debating whether it's worth doing keto while starting an extreme cut just for the next two weeks to look good for the wedding then manage myself regularly.
>>
When I high bar squat I put the pressure in the middle/upper part of my feet

I have no shit mobility or something else, it's just I'm paranoid of falling back when puttin the pressure in the heels (because I use flat shoes)

I mean, when I am near reaching the lowest part of the squat, the pressure is in the middle of my feet. When I'm falling, I put the pressure in my heels but when my hips are lower than my knees I put the pressure in the middle of my feet.

Is this wrong?
>>
squatted Sunday, deadlifted yesterday, right knee feels sore... supposed to squat again tomorrow. Should I?
>>
>>37131771
Halfway up my forearm i have a sharp pain. Only hurts when i do bicep exercises and it doesnt hurt when i press down on the area.

Sorry if dumb question only been lifting for 3 months.
>>
>>37133796
Do some foam rolling and stretching around that knee. Practice with some squats with no bar to see how your knee is feeling, then decide from there.

If you're really not feeling it or are still unsure, might as well skip it or go light, don't fuck your knee up bro
>>
I used to do kick boxing but dropped it a few months ago, I've been sitting on my ass for a couple months now and I feel like I need some exercise so I thought about running every day and I was wondering how it will affect my body? I also feel like I'm overeating a little bit lately, kind of letting myself go desu and feels bad. No money for gym

I'm a lil bit skinny fat, it certainly can't make me worse, can it? I could throw some extra bodyweight exercises in if you name em
>>
>>37133971
weightless squats feel fine, how do I foam roll a knee specifically?
>>
Im a recovering fatty 13%bf according to http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy

At what point should I stop cutting and start a slow bulk? Im thinking 10%
>>
>>37134066
Unless you are pretty ripped, you are not 13% bf
>>
Alright probably a stupid question
Anyone have any tips or tricks for staying interested during runs? I've gotten to the point where I can go at a nice steady pace for pretty much an hour on a treadmill but my issue is I get bored and it feels like a chore.
>>
My caloric intake goal is 1640cal/day

I also rollerblade.

The total amount of calories that I burned today was 1600 because I skated for two hours.

If I met my goal prior to skating, and then I burned it, do I HAVE to eat again? I'm trying to lose weight.

I'm trying to understand the relationship between caloric intake and weight loss. If I eat and then burn it off, will I still lose weight?

Trying to drop 15 pounds. I'm a 5'10'' male at 155lbs.

Thanks.
>>
>>37134123
No.
Also you didn't burn that many calories m8. I don't care what calculator you plugged it into
>>
I'm doing SL 5x5 and often when progressing on bench I'll have difficulty doing the weight just because I'm progressing every workout

Would it be better to drag a bench over to a power rack and bench in there if if there's barely anybody else in the gym?
>>
>>37132738
This. I have nips that are always poking... hate it.
>>
>>37134137
okay.

so can you explain how the whole calorie vs weight loss thing works?

thank you for your reply though.
>>
>>37133910
Tendonitis? Golfers/tennis elbow?
Are you doing straight bar curls? Stop that if it gives you discomfort. Also, be careful not to twist or put too much pressure on the wrist. While they should be straight and rigid during main compounds, it should be kind of relaxed (even limp) when biceps

>>37133796
But why is it sore? When did it start?
>>37133989
Covered in the sticky. You don't roll bone

>>37133761
The weight HAS to be on your heels when doing these lifts.
You are NOT going to fall backwards as you descend in a squat. The weight on your back is pushing you forwards. People collapse forwards, not fall backwards. If you have a balance issue, work on form with little to no weight

If its a mobility issue causing your heels to come up when you descend into a squat, stretch your ankles and achilles specifically

>>37133725
You will barely accomplish anything in 2 weeks
It's not like you're going to be shirtless anyways

>>37133640
No. That's personal shit. You sound crazy by telling random people specific illnesses
At least put it lightly... this just sounds fucking weird

>>37133552
Bench press and overhead press

>>37132792
I was the same. I started by reading SS and followed his advice and it got me far
So I've looked downwards and afterwards also experimented with looking up at varying angles.
I basically just look straight ahead now. It's a personal preference thing

>>37132768
Read the book
It tells you how to figure out your starting weights ('your first workout')

>>37132368
Read the sticky
You lose and gain weight through diet, not exercise

>>37132340
Glute bridges
>>
>>37134078
Thanks for answering my question, and yes going off diagrams showing bfp's I look around 13%
>>
If you shave your balls completely will the pubes eventually become prickly and uncomfortable as they grow back? How often do you need to shave to prevent this?
>>
>>37134098
Music
Audiobooks (this for me)
If inside, place TV or something

>>37134123
>burned 1600 calories rollerblading
>burned 1600 calories
Pick none

>5'10 155 lbs
>trying to lose weight
THANK YOU

Learn what TDEE means (read the sticky too)
Eat less than TDEE = deficit = weight loss
If you're at a deficit and not losing weight, you're not counting something properly

>>37134154
Yes. Ask for a spotter (even staff can help) or use a rack with safeties
Always better safe than sorry
>>
>>37132340
I don't do any accessories on lower body day except maybe plank
>>
>>37134066
>le bulk or cut man
Don't be this guy. Just do whatever the fuck you want.
Also, it's very unlikely you are 13% from the way you described yourself
>>37134196
Post pic, CBT is good for estimates too
>>
>>37134209
rollerblade guy here

ty
>>
>>37133796

Yes. But as long as you dont go to failure you should be alright.
>>
Have any of you managed to get insurance to cover gyno surgery? I've got full free insurance from the government, but IDK if they'll want to cover it.
>>
File: 1462626626081.png (509KB, 671x605px) Image search: [Google]
1462626626081.png
509KB, 671x605px
Is StrongLifts a good program if I just want health/functional strength or should I try something else?
>>
>>37134460

It'll do. The exact program is by far a secondary consideration to how much consistency and intelligent effort you bring to the gym.
>>
What's a good alternative for cooking with oil or butter? Like, for instance, cooking eggs. My pans stick pretty nasty so not really an option to go lipidless. Is there better alternatives that don't have as much fat?
>>
5'10, 275 pounds here. I've been going to the gym for over a month now, and I've been doing weights and cardio while there.

The gym has one of those handheld body fat scanners. I tried it just for the heck of it, and it says I'm just under 30%. Is that even possible?

I don't really care either way, as I'm still too heavy and need to lose weight regardless.
>>
>>37134684

Those handheld scanners are notoriously inaccurate and inconsistent.
>>
I keep reading on here about SL being shit because it doesn't have enough upper body and accessory work. If I do pull-ups and dips in addition will that make up for it, or would I need to add on something else?
>>
>>37134744
I think this will be better here.
>>
>>37134696

What's a good way to measure body fat, then? I'm apparently too fat for calipers.
>>
>>37134839

There really aren't any that don't involve an annoying amount of time/effort going in.
>>
>>37134441

Gyno is usually considered cosmetic surgery and thus it's not mandatory.
>>
>>37134684
>>37134839
>>37134849

Yes there is. You can measure your waist and neck and then run that through a calculator. There's a margin of error of 3% but it's close enough.

Just google it.
>>
Do you agree with this statement?
"..high reps aren't all that necessary for (compound) movements, as the time under tension (TUT) is already pretty long. It's also good to know that high reps to are not superior to low reps in terms of building muscle."
>>
>>37135080

Kind of. The facts are more or less true (big compounds do have a long TUT per rep due to the ROM and high reps don't outgrow low reps with equal volume) but the conclusion is slightly overstated. Almost nothing is necessary when it comes to lifting weights, but there's an awful lot that is highly beneficial.
>>
Need advice real quick

Currently 257lbs ( was 272 2 months ago )
Lift/cardio couple days a week,
Barely active otherwise.
Eat decently clean, water, chicken, breakfast drinks mixed with milk ( are those even healthy? )
Yogurts, not many fruits or veggies if any though

Could I maintain losing weight like this? Would eating veggies/fruits boost it quicker?
>>
>>37135129
Forgot to include age and height

5'9
>>
>>37135094
I am doing a ppl routine hitting each muscle 2x per week. Do you think i would be able to put on more size but also increase my strength if i do one of the days high weight low rep then the next day (for the same muscles) hypertrophy. I ask because i was "feeling it" more when k did a couple weeks having all my movements hypertrophy but i wasnt upping my strength as quick as i would have liked
>>
>>37135195

The typical way to arrange this is to vary the reps based on what is your 'main' exercise. So if you're doing two push days, one would be heavy bench/light OHP and OHP-related stuff while the other is heavy OHP/light bench and bench-related stuff. There's other ways to arrange it (like you said, heavy one day light the other is also popular) but that's the usual.
>>
How do I properly warm up my arms for dips and pullups? Is using a stretch band for warmup (paired with proper form of course) enough to avoid injuries?
>>
>>37135210
Thanks
>>
>>37135129
Impossible to say. Start counting calories.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nbo373nJ8p1rwqthk.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nbo373nJ8p1rwqthk.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
Situation report and advice request:
I'm down to about 14% bf, and just curious about when I should start bulking, considering that cutting to super lean is pointless because I have nothing to cut to.

>tldr; I've cut from mega fatty to 14% bf, not sure when to start bulking. Sorry for asking this question for what I'm sure is the 10 gorillionth time.
>>
Is it normal to have lower back pain after nearly every workout? I've been setting PBs every time I go and it's usually fine the next day.
>>
why tf does my shoulder crack when i do various shoulder related exercises?

even jumping jacks make my shoulder crack.
and swimming.
>>
>>37135379

Cut to 10-12%.

Also, just general advice, don't do a dirty bulk. Just eat at slightly above maintenance.
>>
>>37135442
>pain

Is it pain or soreness? Pain is never normal, soreness can be.
>>
>>37135129
eat 1800kcal a day, count calories and drink nothing but water or coffee
>>
File: 1404629739751.gif (3MB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
1404629739751.gif
3MB, 257x212px
>>37135528
Thanks familia, was never going to do a dirty bulk as it seems a bit over the top. As long as I can make some more gains and my numbers go up I don't mind going steady.

Is the 500 cal surplus mentioned in the sticky a conservative number? I was under the impression a dirty bulk was eating above surplus while giving no heed to exact caloric amounts or macronutrients.
>>
>>37135709
"eating above maintenance while giving no heed

Soz for tard
>>
I fucking hate squatting, I feel nauseous every time I'm at the bottom and it just feels very uncomfortable in general despite being easily strong enough to do the exercise itself. What can I do to make squats feel better? Surely I'm not supposed to feel like I'm about to pass out at the bottom when I can handle the weight on my back.
>>
I'm trying to do SL 5x5 MWF and C25K TTHSat, but the C25K routine only takes about 20 min (although eventually will get up to 30)

Could I do some accessory work on those days? Curls, pullups, lat pulldowns, that kind of thing? Or will it screw me over in the long run due to not letting my muscles recover/give me muscle imbalances?
>>
File: 5cMDTA7.gif (80KB, 450x452px) Image search: [Google]
5cMDTA7.gif
80KB, 450x452px
>>37131771

I always use natural flavour (flavourless/neutral) whey, but it's getting boring, want to try Vanilla or Banana.

The thing I don't get:
How come everybody here shits on diet sodas and says it's really bad for you (which I agree on) yet still people are buying flavoured protein powder that also has a lot of artificial sweetener in it.

Is this some different sort of artificial sweetener, am I missing something or do people just not give a fuck?

tl;dr: why is nobody seeing anything wrong with flavoured whey but diet sodas are evil?
>>
>>37134460
>functional strength

Strength is strength. Build muscle mass with standard linear progression to start with and practice the 'functional' skills you want to do.

A powerlifter is a guy with a lot of muscle mass who practices 1RM of the big 3 in competition conditions.

An oly lifter is a guy with lots of muscle mass who practices getting the best total for Snatch and Clean and Jerk in competition.

A rugby player is a guy with a lot of muscle mass who practices playing rugby for whatever position he plays in.

A gymnast is a guy with lots of upper body muscle mass who practices vaulting, parallel bars and hoop stuff.

etc etc
>>
>>37135195
The most important thing to consider is you weekly work volume. The higher the work volume the more training stimulus and thus the more growth (assuming good recovery).

It's more efficient to increase work volume by increasing your weekly reps rather than the total reps, if you assume that like most able bodied people you can work with more intensity in 5 triples rather than 3x5.

BUT, it is important to consider the benefits you get by working at different intensity and volume. I have found the best method for me is to work towards to a 3 rep max each week/fortnight. For example with bench press I will bench 5x5 on Monday, 3x8 on Wednesday and 3-5x3 on Friday (while also doing bench accessories which varied by what feels manageable)
>>
>>37135709

True, you're right. That is probably the definition of a dirty bulk.

Put it this way;

My cut is done in 1,5 weeks. Today, I eat 1500 kcal which is a 700kcal deficit. I'm going to increase to 2500-2600kcal, putting me on a 250-350kcal surplus.

500 is an OK number too, tho. That would make you gain a pound once a week, more or less, if everything goes according to plan. Maybe a bit less. I want to take it slightly slower.

However, you should keep in mind that you get your macronutrients. At least your protein.

Listen to your body. Tired? Grab a fruit. Hungry? Eat something. Full? Stop eating. These tips work just as well as counting calories when bulking.
>>
File: huh.jpg (17KB, 487x449px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
17KB, 487x449px
Trying to up my volume for legs

What are the best leg exercises to do after squats? Is the leg press machine any good?
>>
>>37136257
>Is the leg press machine any good?
It's a great assistance exercise because it doesn't involve your low back. What this means is that your low back will be less fatigued and require less recovery in case you want to do other low back intensive exercises such as bent-over rows or deadlift variations. It also means that if your low back or core is a weak link that give out before your quads when you squat, then the leg press will allow you to tire out your legs completely, if that's what you want (although in this case you should of course take steps to bring up your low back and core strength).
Also the leg press lends itself well to crazy techniques such as strip sets or rest-pause sets without compromising safety.

Just don't try to replace your squats.
>>
>>37136288
yeah, I was gonna fully destroy my legs some days; so that's good to know. Also, I'll make sure I do enough deadlifts! Thanks matey, very helpful!
>>
How do i move the bench? I find it so ahrd to move it into place even though it has wheels.
>>
Do you use sport drinks?
Or do you have a recipe to make your own?
>>
>>37136306
Whatever that hamstring kick back machine is called is pretty good as well
>>
>>37136340
I don't bother with them. During the day I drink water and maybe a cup of coffee of two. Sometimes I'll drink orange squash.

If I'm playing cricket I'll drink tea throughout the day.sports drinks are a meme
>>
Doing squats today and my bicep was absolutely fucking killing me.

What's going on?
>>
>>37136372
I live in a hot climate area, simple act of getting out, can cause dehydration.
Simply drinking water isn't enough right?
Should I mix it with some orange juice?
>>
>>37133651
Yeah you sound real great to be around.
>>37133640
The truth is some people mind and other's don't. Try to feel it out. If they are the compassionate type, go ahead. Otherwise I wouldn't advise it.
>>
>>37136392
The human race got this far far without sports drinks. Just drink more water.
>>
>>37133640
Maybe bring up that youre a bit fed up because you have no job but it's a bit heavy going to tell people you don't know that well
>>
>>37136419
>Just drink more water.
So you can get electrolyte imbalance.
>>
>>37136387
>>37136387

anyone?
>>
>>37136442
You probably believe you are liable to overtraining as well.

Electrolyte imbalance is only a danger ifnyou drink deionised water. I assume you also eat food and fruit and stuff during the day?
>>
>>37136445
Tight pecs perhaps?
>>
>>37136508
How so?
>>
>>37134206
My balls never get itchy. The area around my dick does but never the balls. Go for it, it's pretty nice.
>>
How the fuck do I eat enough (not sugar) carbs for the day on a bulk without resorting to mass gainers? MFP tells me I need like 300g today, I'm not even half way.
>>
I lift at home with dumbbells in an outhouse with no air conditioning. I had taken a rest week and gone back to lifting today. I managed my lmao1pl8 squats and my rows fine but my bench was the same if not worse than it was before I rested.
Could this be purely psychological, or a mix of that and the fact today was muggy and I was getting worn out and did bench last?
>>
>>37136916
Fruit, bread, grains..?
>>
>>37136916
Pasta is pretty easy to showel down.
>>
Thinking about purchasing some supplements. Been working out a year now and i want to see if creatine is worth jumping on.

Also i have never tried protein shakes or pre workouts before. would you guys recommend?

I cant tell if they are just money wasters or not.
>>
>>37137044
>protein shakes or pre workouts before
These two sure as fuck aren't in the same category. One is a food supplement, the other is a bad idea (for several reasons)
>>
>>37137054
I thought as much if im honest brah. Think id rather treat myself to a juicy tuna steak once or twice a week instead.

My pre workout is a bowl of oats with raisins. Half a hour later i have a fruit / veggie shake consisting of spinach, pear, celery, blueberries, seeds, nuts and cucumber. Then before i leave for the gym i have a strong black coffee and a banana.
>>
File: 8163f1065268f3686cba3d6451792ba.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
8163f1065268f3686cba3d6451792ba.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
I can't squat without lifting my heels.
This shit's embarrassing. I can't do it, I fall on my ass too fast, and before you're going to recommend me some 6 month program for building mobility, stop. I've tried. All these cardio + stretching programs are exhausting and boring.
I like lifting. I'm a noob, but I like it. I like feeling like every rep is breaking me apart, barely doing 5-6 reps then stopping, but I can't do SS without squats and deadlifts, and I can't do these without being able to 3rd world squat.

What's the fastest solution? Before I kill myself.
>>
>>37137044
>creatine
pretty cool for short term gains, but it may cause baldness.

>protein shake
it's a supplement. You are supposed to use them on days where you wouldn't be hitting your macros otherwise.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (124KB, 440x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
124KB, 440x600px
Why are there no curls in SS?
>>
>>37137149
stretch your ankle nigger
>>
>>37132515
Try using anti acne wash
>>
If I'm going for a 300cal surplus, do I eat the same amount on rest days as on gym days, or adjust for the reduced activity on those days?
>>
>>37137156
I can already tell I'm receding so creatine can be missed then. I weigh 180 but I'm only hitting in between 120 to 160 grams of protein a day. Still seem to be getting stronger though, maybe there isn't any need for shakes.

>>37137166
Chin ups are a lot better for a beginners overall gain. Plus rows hit biceps too.
>>
Why can't I eat properly since starting to work out?
I eat like a 3/4 can of tuna for breakfast and then I'm fucking stuffed. After the (small) workout I feel kinda nauseous and don't feel like doing anything.
Maybe I'll eat the rest of the can and a spoon of peanut butter over the day but that's it, I just can't get anything down.

It's really fucking me up, I sit here all day after a small workout and feel like I'm about to puke when I don't control my breathing or think about food.
Maybe I'll feel good again in the late evening but then I just don't want to lift because I'm afraid I'll end up nauseous again for the rest of the night.

It's really no fun like that.
>>
>>37137195
kek
>>
>>37137234
You may need to visit the doctors, that doesnt sound normal to me anon
>>
File: IMG_20160512_143250.jpg (3MB, 2988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160512_143250.jpg
3MB, 2988x2988px
Estimate on amount of kcal? It's duck
>>
>>37137270
just weigh it
>>
>>37137284
I already ate it for lunch, it was at a restaurant
>>
Is there any reason why you shouldn't just get the cheapest protein powder on the market?

Even the most expensive brands and more 'advanced' ones are the same.

The calories/protein ratio is ALWAYS 4.5 (with a 0.2 fluctuation), and the only ones that manage to get lower than that are the ones that cheat their values (by including 'technically proteins' under the 'protein' label).

And besides, any reason why you shouldn't just eat chicken? Even the best ratio will still give you a powder that has exactly the same values as chicken breasts, only it won't fill you up at all.

And at €5-7/kg, chicken is cheaper or the same price anyway.
>>
>>37137291
Then ask the restaurant you spacker
>>
>>37137301
That was 3 hours ago
>>
>>37137253
But everything was just fine before I started lifting last saturday. I could eat big amounts of all kinds of shit, which I did. That's why I started lifting/losing fat.
May it be because my body can't handle all that protein I'm eating since last saturday? I mean, it can't be that much when I can't get anything down.

I'll go see the doc anyway... Fucking hell. You wanna work on your body after years of obesity and not doing anything at all and that's what you get. Fuck.
>>
>>37137295
>Is there any reason why you shouldn't just get the cheapest protein powder on the market?

Isolate and concentrate have a marginal difference but other than that, no.

>And besides, any reason why you shouldn't just eat chicken?

You only "need" protein powder in a recovery drink so you'd choose something fast absorbing like whey. Elsewhere, no, just eat normal food.
>>
>>37137375
>recovery drink
Isn't the "You need to absorb protein IMMEDIATELY after a workout" thing just broscience that has been refuted ages ago?

The body doesn't move in 24 hour cycles, as long as the general daily absorption of protein is high the body doesn't care when you got them.
>>
Trying to lose weight doing lifting, cardio, and healthy diet. Should I be drinking protein shakes as well?
>>
>>37132340
Glute bridges.
>>
File: cribbhayes_2006.jpg (14KB, 640x150px) Image search: [Google]
cribbhayes_2006.jpg
14KB, 640x150px
>>37137428

Well I don't claim to have a comprehensive answer to that. Lots of succesfull bodybuilders and top athletes find them useful, lots of them don't. You don't need them if your diet is good, some studies suggest they give a significant boost.

Anyhow whey and some carbs after workout is a safe bet and a cheap one at that. Also adds to your daily macros.
>>
>>37137524
Oh, I'm not saying that they're not useful for balancing macros, not at all.
I'm just saying that they're peddled as "The definitive muscle building must-have", while they're marginally worse than just eating white meat.

The price is also often ridiculous, considering that protein powder is nothing more than powdered milk, more or less.
>>
>>37137543

Yeah it's not a must-have but it's a small advantage anyway, assuming that the rest of your diet is in order.

>considering that protein powder is nothing more than powdered milk, more or less.

Well powdered milk is milk powder ;). Also most of milk protein is casein, which isn't really a recovery product, whey is another separation process.
>>
>>37132420
that standard is stupid as fuck anyway, because a 180kg x 5 deadlift is well beyond the other 3.
>>
>>37132473
>I care about my joints
do heavy compounds in a non-retarded way then
>>
How much protein per day is actually necessary? Sources vary from 0,5g to 3g per kg of bodyweight and day. I'm a complete newfag and confused.
>>
>>37131771
i'm 5'7 (annoited lord of the barons) and weigh 136 lb. I'm having probelms lifting everything after lmao 2pl8's. It just slides off my right hand. somebody in the gym suggested that I use chalk to better my grip and I did use chalk and I found it that helped me a lot to stick to the bar.

Question is does anybody have any tips or tricks for my failing grip strength?
>>
>>37137149
Goblet squats. All day erry day.

Before you know it, squatting comes natural to you.
>>
>>37137295
>Is there any reason why you shouldn't just get the cheapest protein powder on the market?
Quality matters. Over and over again independent testing reveals that many protein supplements on the market dicks you in the ass. They simply do not contain what they're supposed to.
That said, price alone doesn't always equal quality. Do your research.
>>
>>37137837
Get roughly2 grams per kg of lean bodyweight (that means if you're a disgusting fat piece of shit, you don't need as much as you might think) and you can't go wrong.
Won't make much of a difference if you're a little above or below target some days.
>>
>>37137878
Train your grip...? Different variations of static holds will build the kind of strength you're lacking. You can try to hang on to the bar after finishing the last rep on deadlifts or pull-ups or rows for as long as you can. The trick is to not let this grip work interfere with your main work sets.
>>
>>37133011
Change comes from within. If you want it....
>>
>>37136515
Tight pectorals creating strain on your shoulder girdle (where the pec bicep tie in is) when holding the bar in the squat position. This puts the short head of the bicep under extension and causes residual pain.
>>
I was just prescribed vyvanse (I'm 26). it completely stifles my appetite, I'm taking 50mg total, 25mg when I wake up and 25mg around noon. I've lost about 5 lbs in the past month, mostly fat, due to my decreased appetite. will I eventually get used to eating on vyvanse or do I just need to eat huge when I'm hungry? I've gained about 18 lbs of muscle in the past year and don't want to lose it all bc of this.
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (129KB, 686x1118px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.jpg
129KB, 686x1118px
>>37131771
There's a sharp pain in my right knee when I squat. It started last week after a month long break from the gym(I was travelling/lazy) so I know it isn't a gym related injury. It only hurts when I squat though. Biking doesn't irritate my knee at all. Any advice? Anyone know what this is?
>>
>>37138194
Where does it hurt? 'Knee' is very unspecific.
>>
>>37133640
Makes plans with them
>>
File: Effect_20160512_120039.jpg (17KB, 400x368px) Image search: [Google]
Effect_20160512_120039.jpg
17KB, 400x368px
>>37138264
That soft area right outside the kneecap. Sorry, I'm not really familiar with the terminology.
>>
>>37131771
did that guy just throw his bow?? arent those expensive?
>>
For the past two weeks I've had to decrease the weight with every fucking workout. I'm ready to fucking kill myself if this continues.

Eating rougly 250 over maintenance and sleeping 8 hours a day.
>>
>>37132177
>>37132214
I like to do skullcrushers on a decline with a close-grip because it takes the stress off my elbows. Use an EZ bar.
>>
>>37138395
Lateral part of the patella.
>>
I had an inguinal hernia 3 years ago that was not related to lifting.

i got it patched up and pretty much couldn't exercise for a year and six months, but I've been lifting for about a year and a half now.

I sometimes get a dull pain around the same area but also some times on the other side, when I do some lifts, its only every now and then I've gone most of my time never feeling anything but occasionally when I try barbell rows, hanging legpress or deadlifts or sometimes even squats, I feel the pressure on my inguinal area and it feels a bit tender.

How do i make sure my gains don't get obliterated by a second hernia in this area?
>>
If I am bulking and I've eaten the correct amount of my macros but not calories would it be acceptable to fill out the rest of those calories with junk food or would I be damaging myself somehow?
>>
>>37138584
W-what should I do?
>>
>>37136917
In general you shouldn't worry about an off day. They happen. Try again next workout.
>>37137211
I'd say be on a surplus on both days since you build muscle over a long period following the workout. It's also simpler.
>>37137234
Maybe you're dehydrated?
Workouts shouldn't make you nauseous
>>37138469
Maybe switch workouts to something that's more of an intermediate program. You might have run out of noob gains and now programming complexity needs to be increased. Google "Rohit Nair program picker" if you're unsure. Read practical programming if you wanna learn more.
>>37138594
Strengthen your core, don't lift with your ego, stop when there's pain during an exercise. That's a sure way to get injured.
>>37138622
How the hell did you eat the correct amount of macros and not have it fill your calories? Eat crappy food if you have to but I'd advise against it cause it could harm your insulin response eating simple sugars and stuff
>>
>>37137331
Dont get down lad. if it was easy everyone would be looking sweet. Hang in there, your body might just need to adapt to a new lifestyle.
>>
>>37138650
>Strengthen your core
are there inguinal strengthening specific exercises? I feel like a lot of core exercises, like diddlies or ab work puts pressure the wrong way on the inguinal area.

The only thing I can think of that does good for the area is yoga-type stretching but i mean if you consider it in terms of sheer pressure, the pressure put on when you're pulling 4plates can't be counteracted by some yoga stretches surely?

>stop when there's a pain
ofc, I do, cut my workout today short becuase of this ache. hence me asking
>>
Is there testosterone in semen??
>>
>>37138460
A couple hundred bucks for a lower end one that's still worth a damn.
It's probably fine though, modern composite bows are pretty rugged.
>>
>>37138650
>Maybe switch workouts to something that's more of an intermediate program. You might have run out of noob gains and now programming complexity needs to be increased. Google "Rohit Nair program picker" if you're unsure. Read practical programming if you wanna learn more.
Will do, thanks.
>>
Should I be cycling creatine if I just started it?
>>
>>37138811
eat yours and find out
>>
Do you think my behaviour is unhealthy?

So I am a recovering fatty.
6ft1 265 lbs in kg lbs at heaviest, down to 200 now.

I used to eat at 2000, I've been lifting 4 days/ week for the past 8~ months, I think? somewhere around that time. Although one trip to the gym now lasts a bit over an hour where as I started it would take like 30 mins. My lifts have increased a lot as I was a complete beginner before, and I can definitely see muscle on my back, arms, legs etc. I'm down to 200 now.

I used to enjoy food. I don't anymore. I feel like I am going to fall back into my old habits if I eat too much even a single meal.

I have completely cut out carbs from my diet which I think has helped with losing weight, when I started lifting I wasn't as strict about my diet.

So my question is how do I avoid falling into the trap of having a completely "unhealthy" relationship with food? I feel like I am going to lose control and eat too little causing me to relapse and eat too much. Or should I just keep cutting until I am down to a BF% that I am comfortable with?

>I feel like a pathetic teenage girl
>>
After workouts I have lower back pain a majority of the time. It's always fine the next day and even by the time I get home but it the middle of my lifts it can sometimes be a real bitch.

Is this normal /fit/?
>>
File: pepe on wheat.png (96KB, 1924x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pepe on wheat.png
96KB, 1924x1080px
When will /fit/ stop fucking around and make real gains?
>>
>>37139457
Try to improve on form - but it shouldn't be an issue as long as it doesn't persist for too long after workouts.
>>
>>37139457
Normal? Sort of. Supposed to happen? No.

Check your form. If that doesn't help, see if you can figure out which exercises bother you.
>>
>>37139412
ktf

>I have completely cut out carbs from my diet
Unhealthy as fuck family. It may have helped with the eating disorder, but trust me, going without carbs is unhealthy.
The way I managed it was eating peanuts/peanut butter/* when have a sweet craving, especially salted in the beginning because they tasted better.

* or some local brand of pretzels made ONLY with grain, olive oil, all kinds of integral cereals, flax and all that shit - all natural. Very healthy, tons of minerals and vitamins + carbs + 0 sugar + omega-oils (those that are usually found in fish and seeds). Only downside was the salt (1,5+ grams per pack of 100g, which is a lot). See if you have a local brand for this, I guarantee they work for sweet craving and carbohydrate craving in general (they stuff you up).

You can also try eating even more protein, I guess. The only thing I found almost useless was fat, t b h f a m (but I know everyone will jump on my head for this).

Up until 2 weeks ago I UNINTENTIONALLY dropped to 150lbs (I'm 186cm or somewhere inbetween 6ft and 6ft1) and my diet was ~25% protein, ~60% carbs (very little simple carbs tho) and ~15% fat and other (not saying it's a good diet, just how it is) and I was eating around ~2000-2300 kcal/day. So, yeah...

TL;DR just eat less tasty, but still tasty nonetheless carbs and make sure it always has some other nutritional advantage (i.e. honey when you're sick you get the idea).
>>
>>37139343
I meant does fapping will lower my T levels?
>>
>>37139538
Temporarily. Don't overdo it and you're fine. I'd argue even once / day is alright
>>
>>37139613
Then does not fapping, will make my T levels higher?
>>
>>37139627
No

>nofap fags will claim it does

You can try it out and see if you feel any different I guess
>>
Got my wisdom teeth taken out 2 days ago, mouth still kind of hurts. When can i go back to gym? Dont want stitches to rip
>>
>>37139691
Ask your dentist nerd
>>
Probably about 800
>>
How the hell do maintenance calories work?

I've estimated that I'm at about 2500 calories a day, but this is largely because I'm very active. Does the exercise I do burn more than my maintenance or is it part of it?
>>
How come people recommend cardio over all else (such as lifting) for getting leaner? As in to imply it's more efficient at fat burning. What gives?

I lift for 60m a day and cardio for 20-30m (intense cycling) and yet the cardio would be better? And how does that work, is it in terms of energy spent over the entire duration? Basically how do people say that cardio is the best for losing fat when it comes to types of exercise?
>>
>>37134509
Whatever fat you use is going to be full of fat. Just use a small amount. Oil in a spray bottle makes this easy.
>>
>>37139813
Maintenance is usually what you burn throughout the day. That can include the amount of calories you burn via exercise, yes. If you want to gain weight, you eat more than what you burn, or if you want to lose you eat less than what you burn.

Basically, being at maintenance is a goal net sum of zero.
>>
What are some good exercises for my serratus anterior?
>>
>>37139999
Thanks, man. I asked on the cutting thread, but there was nobody looking on there
>>
File: wasd.jpg (129KB, 593x647px) Image search: [Google]
wasd.jpg
129KB, 593x647px
Back in high school (7+ years ago) I used to suffer from anorexia. I was always told that it could cause major health issues, but I never did end up experiencing any down the line, but I was never sure what to look for. What are longterm ramifications for those people who eat minuscule amounts of calories per day (500 or less)?
>>
>>37131771
Someone please tell me if watercress is a meme and if i should eat kale instead
>>
>>37140029
Prone trap raise aka Y-raise
Overhead shrug
Scaption shrug
Push-up Plus
>>
>>37140091
Thank senpai
>>
After posting a form check a couple days ago some guy told me I had crazy long femurs. How can I check whether this is true, and if it is are there any things I should be looking out for when doing squats and deadlifts?
>>
If I'm a splitsbro and do one day but then miss a week because reasons should I start over or just keep going?
>>
File: meme.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Does masturbation count as cardio?
>>
>>37140328
You're better off not including it, as it's insignificant as far as calorie burning goes.
>>
File: IMG_2768.jpg (115KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2768.jpg
115KB, 640x960px
Ive been doing SS for 3 months now and ive had to deload twice. I also do hiit on non lifting days and work a fairly physical job part time. I think im stalling again. Ive stayed about the same weight the whole time. Should i eat more or cardio less to stop stalling? Im not even at 1/2/3/4
>>
I fell off my bike and skuffed up my knee quite badly. I've been wearing plasters/wound dressings while at work, but when I take it off, the dressing will have stuck to my wound, as if it's healing to the wound dressing.

What can I do?
>>
Arm vascularity. How attractive do chicks find it? Nearing the end of my summer cut and I saw my arms in their full vascular glory during today's workout. I'm pleased to say the least.
>>
when i squat everything is find until halfway back up, i get pain about 1/4 the way up my quads, what is causing this, too much weight? it also causes my knee to shake when i get all the way up and it looks like im about to fall over but its just a weird spasm from the pain.
>>
>>37140058
poor brain development due to lack of fats and vitamins, fragile bones, weak muscles, low metabolism, bad eye sight, basically can fuck your shit up super bad long term.
>>
How many wide grip pull ups justify doing them? I can do barely 5 and I don't go all the way down
>>
What kind of metric do you guys use to say that someone is merely competent at lifting? Stuff like 1xBW bench, 1.5xBW squat, 2xBW deadlift?
>>
Tips for a 16 year old girl going to the gym? My little sister is 170lbs at 5'10" and is looking to lose weight. Are girl lifting regiments different from guys? How about eating? Does the sticky still apply? Her main goal is to lose weight so figure around half an hour carido, half lifting. Is there calorie deficit still the same? Maintenance - 500? I don't want to stunt her growth because of malnourishment.
>>
>>37141059
There are certain sections of the sticky which are specifically applicable to women. Go and re-read it.
>>
>>37141174
I took a look. Other than some recommended vitamins, seems girls and guys share everything. Is age a factor at all? The sticky seems to target ages 20+. I mean 16 isn't too too young, but just being cautious.
>>
Do opiates harm my gains in any way? or sleep?
>>
>>37141424
Women have a lower maintenance, which requires less food for them to survive. A women in her late teens wont be much different than a woman in her mid twenties, in terms of metabolism. In fact, she may have higher metabolism.
>>
>>37138650
>Maybe you're dehydrated?
>Workouts shouldn't make you nauseous

I'm definitely not dehydrated. I drink lots of water and up to four cups of organic green tea every day, my urine is always clean.
But I guess I found the offender, see below if interested.

>>37138689
Stopping is absolutely not an option. I'm just really pissed that I got sick two days after starting to work out, the intense muscle hangover just faded and now this.
The motivation is still there. I'm guessing it's the tuna that was kinda bad, I also just threw up. I'll be down at the doc first thing in the morning.
>>
My left forearm is way slimmer than the right one.
Should I do hammercurls with the left arm until things balance out?
>>
My right side is weaker than my left. Should I do dumbbell bench for a while to remedy this? Maybe even dumbbell OHP as well?
>>
how often should i do dropsets? i kinda enjoy doing them but i heard they should be avoided to not overtrain too much
>>
>>37141864
Personally I think they're always good with stuff like curls, lat pulldowns, cable rows..but with benching, squatting, deadlifting, and most leg workouts for that matter I wouldn't. Dropsets are great, supersets are even better sometimes
>>
File: 1461951354307.jpg (24KB, 370x559px) Image search: [Google]
1461951354307.jpg
24KB, 370x559px
What exercises do you guys recommend for a winging scapula? If anyone got over it what did you do to get rid of it?
>>
>>37141720
Dumbbell bench helped me with inequalities, it makes sense since you obviously have to do the work independently for each side, just takes a while, never done dumbbell OHP
>>
My wife's son wants to lift but he's 12, is that a little too young?
>>
Has anyone here tried cutting on just a menial deficit, like 200 calories rather than the frequently hailed 500+?

Obviously one would lose BF slower like this, but you would also have less hunger and more energy for sports if needed (which it is)

My only concern is that you have less room for error. In my case I don't have far to go, like 2% BF I'm trying to lose. Thoughts?
>>
>>37137291
nutritiondata.self.com
This website is indispensable
>>
I'm skinny but my abs aren't as visible as they should be for someone my size. Why's that?

I'm 6'0, 148 with 11% bf.
>>
>>37141616
nope nope nope nope nope

then you'll put your right bicep, rear delt, left oblique etc out of proportion and before you know it you'll feel like the elephant man.

do heavy holds or something, farmer's walks maybe, until it evens out.

never ever EVER train one side of the body and not the other, its a recipe for nothing but imbalance, injury and serious postural issue. don't believe me? ask your dentist if he has spinal pain from bending so much.
>>
do you guys eat different macros on off days?
>>
How fast should I gain weight on PPL?
>>
Is doing lat pull down and seated row one after the other redundant? Would I be better off just focusing hard on one?
>>
Is Candito's LP a good program after 4 months of SS? I was thinking of using the 3 days a week version of Candito LP.
>>
Last time I did chest i did 160x6 and 4 days later I did chest again and could not get 160x4. Been eating 500 over maintenance and getting protein what happened? Just a bad day? This has never happened to me before
>>
I can only hit the gym twice a week due to work. Are two full body workouts a week enough to cut and bulk on?
>>
>>37147741

Its doable. Not as easy as training more often but its definitely possible.
>>
Am I really at a disadvantage if I choose to use dumbbells over barbells? What if my goal isn't max strength but aesthetics instead?
>>
Can you make gains on maintenance?
>>
>>37147816
Depends on what you think aesthetic is. It is easier to build more muscle using barbells.
>>
>>37147838
Define gains. Strength yes, muscle yes if beginner or fatass
>>
>>37147861
What if recovering fatass?
>>
File: 1413958520444.png (90KB, 200x235px) Image search: [Google]
1413958520444.png
90KB, 200x235px
Aight bros, don't know if this is really /fit/ related but I need help.

I've fallen in love with this girl (I'm a level 26 virgin) and now I'm a god damn mess. I can't sleep, I haven't been able to eat properly and my dick doesn't get as hard as it usually does. We kissed today and she grabbed my cock through my pants but I only got like half a chub. Then when I got home I had a fap but lost my rod halfway through. I thought kissing her would ease my stress a little but its only gotten worse. Its 4 a.m. and I'm not even close to falling asleep. I have work at 9 and I don't think I'm gonna be able to get any sleep at all.

After all these years of loneliness, I've finally gotten someone I like to like me back and now it's destroying me. What the fuck should I do?
>>
>>37144687
Some people do. If you have some days in your weekly training routines that are harder than other days (which you should, but that's another story), then it makes sense to have a higher energy intake on these days. On the other hand, the day after a hard workout is where you actually need more energy to build muscle (although less for everything else since you aren't training).
At the end of the day it doesn't make a huge difference. The body doesn't operate in 24 hour intervals - What matters is your total energy intake over an extended period of time.

>>37144801
The slower the better actually. That goes for any routine. If you're a beginner you can go for maybe ½ kg per week, but that's the absolute maximum I'd recommend. The more advanced you are, the slower you should go. Unless you don't mind getting fat.

>>37144903
Although they're both primarily a lat exercise, they overload different parts of the movement. The row will also normally hit your midback harder. It's beneficial to do both, although it's up to your whether you want to do them on the same day.

They can both be performed in several different ways so that matters too.

>>37144967
It's a good program but do it as it's written.
Also stay on SS for as long as you're progressing as planned.

>>37146239
Could be a host of factors. You don't provide a lot of info but it's most likely residual fatigue "masking" your ability to perform. Maybe this fatigue comes from too much training catching up to you, maybe from other things (under-recovering due to sleep, stress, food etc.).
Alternatively your current routine is beginning to have run its course and you'll need more or a new stimulus to continue making progress.

It could also just be a bad day. It happens.

>>37147741
It's enough. But be sure to make it enough. You can't afford to half-ass anything if you train so infrequently.
>>
>>37147855
Hmm ok. Can you achieve zyzz mode using only dumbbells? Or something similar based on your own genetics. Diet perfect and all
>>
>>37147816
The main advantage barbells have over dumbbells is that it's practical to use heavy weights (in relation to 1RM). But if developing maximal strength isn't a priority to you, then this advantage becomes irrelevant. Dumbbells will do just fine.

Just don't think you can replace lower body work with dumbbells, it's just not feasible.

>>37147838
It's possible, but it's inefficient.
It's basically hardmode. If you're a fat beginner then it's super easy to make progress and as such it will also be reasonably easy on maintenance calories.
If you're a lean experienced trainee then it's already pretty hard to make gains, and trying to do so at maintenance makes it damn near impossible. Or at least very slow.
>>
>>37148017
Thanks Fate!
>>
>>37147996
thank you for this
>>
>>37138624
Get the help of a medical proffesional
>>
When do I start seeing progress?

10kg gone, 25kg to go and I see no change.
>>
I sometimes see nearly intact things that I ate like oats or soyflakes in my shit.
They can't have been used by my body so my question is:
Is it a reaction of my body having an excess of calories/macros or is it just that sometimes things slip through the digestive system?
Also how do I handle it, do I only count like 90% of the things I eat as macros or do I eat less so my body actually extracts all the nutrients from what I eat and save money that way?
>>
>>37148233
take progress pics, change is low and you might get used to these slight changes and forget where you came from. If you compared your self to a previous you you'd see a difference but mentally you only compare yourself to the you of last week or so. And changes aren't really visible in that time
>>
>>37148233
10 kg is huge. It's just that when you're pretty fat it's hard to see any noticable difference (that's probably part of the reason you kept getting fatter in the first place).
As you get leaner, every kg you shed will become more and more noticable. To put things into perspective, I'm about 13% bf at the moment and I can see when I've lost 400 grams. The morale of the story is that it gets better.

Make sure you take waist measurements regularly.
>>
File: 1462844279497.jpg (42KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1462844279497.jpg
42KB, 800x800px
How do I remove butwink?
>>
Why can't I squat without weight on the bar? When I bodyweight or Barbell warmup squat I can't go ass to grass with proper form till I put atleast 25s on each side then I can do it no problem. With the bodyweight when I go deep my heels raise but it just doesn't happen with Weighted bar. Not a problem obviously but it confuses me and I was wondering what anons think
>>
>>37131771
If I don't anything for a day or two, and only frink water and coffee, would I burn more fat or muscle? Is this a good idea at all?
>>
>>37148470
*If I don't eat anything
>>
>>37148428
Depends on what kind of buttwink you have and why it's occuring. People like to say it's due to tight hamstrings but that's highly unlikely.

Often what happens is that you start the squat with a hyperextended lumbar spine and an anteriorly tilted pelvis i.e. you're sticking your ass out too much. As you descend your pelvis posteriorly tilts to make space for your legs, and your hyperextended lumbar spine straightens out. If this is you, try to begin the squat by setting your pelvis into the proper position before you descend. Squeeze your glutes and abs so your butt isn't sticking out, and try to keep that position as you descend.
See if that changes anything.
>>
>>37148438
If you can't squat without weight then there's a pretty good chance you can't squat with weight either, even if you think you can. You're probably fucking something up.
Can you post a video?
>>
How to have better sex?

I feel like I'm not confident and getting a physique didn't help because I'm expected to be better than I am.
>>
>>37148428
Try to stay as tight as possible, keep on taking videos of your squat and honestly buttwink will go away by itself usually.

t. used to have buttwink as beginner however after 1 year half of squattin did 162 for 5 singles without any buttwink.
>>
>>37148493
Thinking like that sure isn't going to help.

Thrusting with your dick isn't hard - there's pretty much only one way to do it. If you want her to climax it's all about the foreplay anyway.
Just relax and pay more attention to her for a good while before you stick your dick in.
>>
>>37148438
Because the weight can help you balance yourself.
Ignore this mongloid >>37148492
Even Rippletits addressed this with squats and deadlifts.
>>
>>37148516
This mongoloid isn't convinced. Do you have a link to where Rippletits talks about this?
>>
>>37148543
Not that guy. I don't but it's pretty common knowledge. It's about the weight distribution and where it is compared to centre of mass and the centre of mass changes with a barbell (towards the barbell).

I used to have this issue too, if you want to get a nice bodyweight squat too, just work on your mobility. A lot.
>>
>>37148580
Maybe. I still think that if you're falling forward on your feet without weight then you don't know how to brace and there's a dysfunction in your squat pattern.
>>
I want to cut from 3700 kcals to 2700 kcals. Can I just go down one day to an other or should I transition over time? If so, how much can I change the kcals per day?
>>
>>37147988
I'm in a similar situation but I just don't wanna catch a feel again, you've got to just get to the fugging asap from my experience or you'll lose your gains
>>
>>37148610
you'll probably lose more musclemass if you cut out 1000 kcals in an instant
I'd increase the deficit as you lose weight, maybe in steps of 300 kcals or so
>>
I have to work 40hrs(1 go) as a doctor with 4hr sleep in between. Lots of walking and a few hrs standing is involved.

What can i do to increase my endurance and productivity, and not get so tired?
>>
>>37148687
should I do like 300 kcals per week or just wait till I plateau and the decrease again?
>>
>>37148543
It's mentioned in the SS book, in the squat section and the Power cleans (dunno why I mentioned deadlifts).
>>
>>37148693
How often do you have to do this? Anyway there is nothing for you to do other than caffeinate yourself and try to catch as much sleep as possible. Good luck Dr. Bro.
>>
>>37131771
On another note, going to a gym for the first time ever and i have no idea how that is, like these places usually have trainers right? Because i know fuckall about working out
>>
So the stores here have a discount for products that expire today and i bought this two tubs of this low fat curd-like thing ( kohupiim for any estonians here), almost finished one 250g tub home, then noticed it had these weird mold pieces in it. Yeah im retarded for not noticing earlier, but basically can anyone reassure me it will be fine? And it wont cause any problems? I already checked, the other one had mold too and threw it out..
>>
how do I get rid of gout? I can no longer run due to my foot being swollen.
>>
>>37148835
you'll be fine

trust me im a psychology student
>>
When I stop working out for over 3 days (used to working out 6 times a week) I literally cant sleep my eyes would get sore and tired feeling but my body will be pretty much jolting with energy, it seems like I can only fall asleep every day and a half so when Im off from gym I sleep pretty much every other day. Any bros had this? if so how do you deal with it?
>>
>>37148835
>>37148835
don't trust him

trust me I'm a psychology student.
>>
>>37148788
Once a week
>>
>>37131771
My lower back hurts from deadlifts. It only hurts when I try to lift stuff and am bent over or when I run. Can I still do squats and bent over rows?
>>
I work in different places nearly every day, most of the time without a fridge near (i'm outside walking most of the time). Any low carb meals that are independent from temperature and can stay in the car until i get back? Sorry for my english, can't describe better what i mean with the temperature thing.
>>
>>37149167
Canned tuna and lean chicken or tukey lunch meats.
>>
I just started lifting and I want to buy some protein powder. I have been given an Amazon voucher and it would be ideal if I can buy it with this.

Can anyone recommend any good protein powder that I can buy on Amazon?
>>
>>37149263
Get optimum nutrition double chocolate or french vanilla. Only protein powder I was able to drink with water without feeling like gagging.
>>
I want more facial hair.

What do?
>>
File: 1459545820318.jpg (104KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1459545820318.jpg
104KB, 803x688px
I'm a fat as fatass, and I'm doing SS. One of the things is to add accessories, such as chin ups and such. What are replacements I can do until I lose enough weight / build enough muscle to do those properly?
>>
File: Assisted-Pull-up-Machine.gif (286KB, 263x350px) Image search: [Google]
Assisted-Pull-up-Machine.gif
286KB, 263x350px
>>37149515
Try the assisted pull up machine.

You can also do assisted dips on it.
>>
Is there a website I can go to that will allow me to make a routine ? Where it will show me what muscle groups get affected by which excersises.Ive been spooked from SS and I'm iffy about following a premade routine.
>>
>>37149553
The #1 beginner's mistake is trying to put together your own goddamn "routine".
>>
>>37149579
What are the best alternatives to SS ?
>>
>>37149588
SL
>>
>>37149588
SS is good. I like GSLP better though (Greyskull Linear Periodization).

There are many good programs though. The cool things about SS is that it has an entire book dedicated to it, which answers each and every question you might have when just starting out.
>>
File: 4chan man.jpg (70KB, 766x681px) Image search: [Google]
4chan man.jpg
70KB, 766x681px
>gym JUST got bankrupt
what do i do
>>
File: 1460565222866.jpg (18KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
1460565222866.jpg
18KB, 500x481px
Scooby said if I want to gain muscle lose fat I should have a 5-10% calorid deficit. That seems easy for calorie counting but how do I know how many calories I burn with the lifting and swimming I do
>>
>>37149654
Ask a manager what they plan on doing with the equipment. If it's heavily discount or free start your own home gym.
>>
>>37149605
>>37149642
What are the main differences between SS,SL,and GSLP
>>
>>37149815
Generally I think it's more beneficial to look at similarities rather than differences when comparing programs, as this tells you more about how and why things work/don't work.

SL is very, very similar to SS. However, SS has a more appropriate amount of volume for the people its meant for (based on its author's substantial experience as well as scientific research - nothing controversial about this actually). When you include the assistance exercises (chin-ups and dips) that are normally recommended, SS also becomes a more complete program than SL. And then there's the book, of course. In short I don't like SL.

GSLP is an attempt at improving upon the basic SS. It's a little more complicated, and this is a good thing as well as a bad thing. For the rank novice, it can be needlessly confusing and its built-in flexibility can lead to bad choices. If you have somebody who can guide you, or you just have a greater intuition or perhaps a little experience yourself, I believe it is the better option.

But the bottomline is that they're all very similar. At the end of the day, your results will depend more on other factors such as consistency, perseverance, diet, genetics, effort etc. than on which of these programs you choose. Just pick one, believe in it and just run with it.
>>
>>37149903
>>37149903
Thanks for the indepth answer Anon. I think Ill just pick up the SS book and experiment a little with the different programs.
>>
So I didn't eat enough and had a bad sleep the day before my SS workout.

The last session was fine and my squat was a decent speed. Today, the bar felt incredibly crushing on my back and even though I got all sets of 5, they were very grindy with just a tiny amount of form breakdown.

Should I continue to up the weight and just make sure I eat enough/sleep well enough and consider it as just a bad day?
>>
So, lost about 10lbs, suddenly gross af neck puffiness!

Is it water retention, or what?
Thread posts: 304
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.