[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Except skull crushers, what is the best tricep isolation exercise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
Except skull crushers, what is the best tricep isolation exercise?
>>
>>37072436
Dumbbell kickbacks give me a great pump, especially when I hold the flex for a moment at the top, really keeping the tricep tight. My vote goes to them for isolation.
Also very partial to skullcrushers though.
>>
>>37072436
This shit right here burns like a bitch:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/cable-one-arm-tricep-extension
>>
EXTENDED Skull Crushers
So you go down to your forehead like normal, then you go down even further (in two short stages) until you can't reach down anymore, then pull back up in one motion
>>
>>37072436
Diamond push ups
>>
>>37072436
>best triceps isolation
Rippetoe style LTEs, look it up on yt
>best triceps engaging excercise
Weighted dips (ib4 memes) work a lot of muscles but engage the triceps throughout the entire ROM
>>
>>37072678
I was going to say. I've been doing weighted dips with 110 lbs added for sets of 8 and my triceps are popping out a lot.
>>
>>37072523
this
based rippetoe showed me the truth
dont know the name in english, not even the german name, but you sit on the bench, lift the arm with the dumbless above your head and then more your forearm behind your head
>>
>>37072436
Those fuck the elbows
>>
File: mark-rippetoe1.jpg (72KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
mark-rippetoe1.jpg
72KB, 800x532px
>>37072678
I don't trust any isolation exercise that starts with "Rippetoe style"
>>
Why didnt you even watch pic related OP? Jeff the chef of muscle gains literally tells you what to do besides skullcrushers in the fucking vid.
>>
Cable kickbacks are the dumbbell concentration curl of the tricep

leaning cable pushdowns with a rope are great for involving all heads of the triceps in their complete range of motion (shoulder rotation and elbow extension)

close grip bench is obviously good for tricep work with direct carry-over to bench strength

tricep dips are also a good accessory for a natural ROM that involves all the heads of the triceps at some point
>>
>>37072756
Do LTEs rippetoe style then.
>>
>>37072645
This.
The closer the hands the more you work triceps
>>
>>37072756
They're called PJR pullovers.
Rip only made them known to 4chan.
>>
>>37072715
How many sets and reps do you normally aim for?
>>
>>37072645
Horrible ROM

>>37072436
It's not specifically a tricep iso but I feel that (weighted) dips are the single best exercise for triceps. Like how diddlys aren't an ISO but they're the best lower back exercise.
>>
>>37072922
Paul carter is an advocate as well
>>
>>37072523
>>37072739

They're called Lying Pullovers.
Praise based Rip. There's so many excercises I see him do that gives me Doms all over again when I try them.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.