[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 44

File: qtddtot.jpg (15KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
qtddtot.jpg
15KB, 284x177px
So I'm about a month into my first cut and I'm wondering if what I'm experiencing is normal. I've lost about 9 lbs but most of it was first week water weight.

My squat has gone down by 70 fucking pounds. All my other lifts have maintained. In fact, my deadlift went up. What the fuck am I doing wrong? I don't think my deficit is too severe based on my rate of weight loss so what gives?
>>
>>37056383
In the same boat as dis guy, except my lifts are improving (cept for OHP and Bench). My weight has maintained at like 270 for about 2 weeks now, despite trying to keep under 2k calories and lifting every other day.
>>
My girlfriend has pain in her lower back, directly in the spine. She told me it started about an year ago when doing weighted abs. She had her spine checked by professionals but they said it was nothing, it still hurts everytime she tries to tilt her pelvis back (when you try to make your ass look big),and it also makes sound everytime she does ab exercises.
Any help? Any tips?
>>
File: chuck taylor all black.jpg (384KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
chuck taylor all black.jpg
384KB, 1920x1440px
I'm in the market for a new pair of basic versatile every day shoes. I heard something about Chucks being good and economical for lifting for some reason or another.

http://www.zappos.com/converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-core-hi-monochrome-black

I like these. Would it be a mistake to get them?

>Canvas-lined with lightly padded footbed for comfort.
>>
If my goal is size am I wasting my time with low rep ranges (3-5)? Would I be better off aiming for 8-12 reps?
>>
Is it safe to lift when you've got a cold?

My joints feel a bit weak/sore but I dunno if it'd actually impact much.
>>
>>37056890
You should do both, for example

>3*5 bench
>3*10 dumbbell incline bench
Size is dependent on strength and volume. You won't get bigger without progressive overload and the best way to do that is heavy ass weights.
>>
>>37056845
They're good for lifting because of the thin/hard sole, which also makes them shitty for lots of walking.
>>
>>37056918
You'll be fine just be cautious
>>
>>37056527
Any help?
>>
I was just doing pull ups and got this strange sensation in my biceps. It felt like a ripping, or an electric shock in my muscle, but it wasn't painful at all. I've also noticed that flexing really hard can recreate the feeling sometimes.
What is it?
>>
Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

QUESTION;

does 3x5 mean 3 sets of 5 reps? also is this a solid routine for a skelly beginner who wants ottermode
>>
>>37057917
it's fine, but you should deadlift as well. Or even better not start with a split and do something like ICF or Reg Parks instead. Yeah that's what 3x5 means
>>
>>37057991
ok just one thing, when i do flat barbel bench presses i'm never sure if my form is 100% right because my chest doesn't feel sore afterwards unless i push it with my hand
>>
>>37058047
the soreness thing probably isnt a problem, but do bench how rip teaches it here. You'll avoid injury and hit all the right muscles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T9UQ4FBVXI
btw I'm proud of you for wanting otter and still training legs; you will get better results than all my retard friends
>>
is it okay to work biceps two days back to back
Maybe even four days a week? I feel like they're lagging behind
>>
Im not sure if i will be able to explain this that great but heres my question.

My left leg has a weird fat deposit, it is like a small bump that seems to block blood flow when i run or something, because when i run my lower leg (shin and foot) falls asleep after about 10 minutes, would the fat deposit shrink if i lost weight? it was never an issue before i gained about 30 pounds
>>
>>37058077
no, what the fuck? Why would you hit one tiny muscle FOUR times a week? Just train them on 2-3 nonconsecutive days and add another curl variant if you're really concerned.
>>
I am depressed as fuck. The only time I am happy is when I am at the gym.

How do I get a job at my local fitness center/gym so I don't have to leave?
>>
How long should a typical gym visit be? I'm about to start a job with much longer hours than I have currently, and that will end right in time for the 9-5 evenning rush. I want to attempt to go to the gym in the morning before work but I'm wondering how long I should make the visits.

I'm currently doing undisciplined lifting with occasional eliptical machine use, so I usually just go home after I'm good and tired, haven't been keeping track of how long each visit generally is.
>>
Looking to do a little mini-cut (10 lbs?). Just read about PSMF. The tl;dr seems to be:
>~1000 cals/day
>almost all protein
>some veggies and vitamins so you don't die
>short term

which leads to

>preservation of LBM
>rapid fat loss

Do i have this right and does anyone have pointers? Does this absolutely hurt or is it not that bad? And is it as effective as is claimed? Does this preserve gains as claimed?
>>
>>37058240
why don't you just do a regular cut? Slowly but consistently lower your calorie intake until you lose 10 pounds? does it need to be instant? The rest of your gains didn't come in a week so why are you afraid to take your time now senpai
>>
Does keratosis pilaris ever go away?
>>
>>37058240
I've been doing a PSMF, i'm not going to say its the reason i've lost a lot of weight or anything, but I find it very easy to stick to.

The only reason I do it is because I looked at my diet and it was entirely carbs ( fatass btw ), so I figured if I cut out all the carbs i'd be shedding weight off like crazy, started at 272 on April 2nd, and i'm at 247 right now.
>>
>>37058269
Really just not wanting to waste any more time cutting than necessary. Not fat as fatass just bulked a bit agressively so if i could cut for 4 weeks instead of 8 and get back down to a good bf% then why wouldn't i? It could be something to try, and if it suits me then i'll know for future cuts (and if it doesn't i'll know to do something else). Just trying ask about others' experiences with it.
>>
My routine is the same shit everyday except I added in incline bench and am going to switch that with flat every other.

But the question here is I do weighted chins and weighted dips every workout too.

I started at 25 pounds a month ago. I'm up to 60 now on 3x5 for chins and 3x10 for dips. If I'm still making progress do I even need to think about not doing them every workout? I should keep going right if nothing hurts or aches?
>>
Will it hurt my gains if i have a vodka and coke? currently a skelly bulking
>>
Sorry this will be long-winded.

My GFs lifts have stalled on 5/3/1. I mean, I guess they haven't stalled. But the first three waves she was blowing the minimum rep requirements out of the water, and on this wave, she's basically getting the 5, the 3 and I presume next week, the 1. She's been using the 90% of 1RM for her training maxes, as suggested by Wendler.

Is this normal on a periodization program like this? I know you start light, but then what? I'm almost positive she won't make her lifts next month.

For example, her 1RM estimation for her DL started at 315 on the first wave. Which she actually completed before so it was accurate. Her estimated 1RM is now 345 on her fourth wave. And idk if her strength had gone up that much. She hit 275 for 3 today. She needed three. She's hit 5 of those before. Maybe the first two work sets are heavier so that affects it? Idk. I probably need to re-read 5/3/1. Or recalculate her maxes.
>>
>>37058557
Everyday ? Yes most likely, once every few weekends ? Nah.

>>37058283
>>37058240
Guy that did RFL 2.0 which is similar to PSMF here and lost 30 lbs in 4 weeks.

The good:
-It works
-Saves you loadsa time
-If you read the book it's well researched
-The hunger isn't that bad after 4th day
-It improves your willpower greatly and knowledge on diet
The bad
-If you lift anywhere close 1/2/3/4 for reps you will lose some strength
-First few days are very hellish
-Reading if you hate it.
-You won't have a social life for the 4-6 weeks you're doing it.

I honestly wouldn't do it again since I lost about 10 kgs off all my lifts meanwhile now i'm losing 0.2-0.3 kg/week and still making gains (hit 109 kg bench for 2x2 yesterday and planning to continue to 110 2x2 as part of my TM program)
>>
>>37058506
If you are doing Chins correctly (every rep from dead hang, no momentum and your entire head is above the bar each rep) then keep on going until it starts fucking with your progress.
>>
>>37058558
Are you sure it's not just a bad week? I have no experience with 5/3/1 but I would stick to the program until a stall happens for 3-4 weeks.
>>
>>37058647
Could be a bad week. I think she started too heavy desu. We'll see how next week goes then go from there. Thanks.
>>
>>37057917
That is a terrible workout for a beginner.
You said you're skelly? I highly doubt you'd be able to finish that workout. Then you'd be doing that like twice a week? Such a heavy load. You won't be building any muscle at all, you're just going to tire yourself out and fatigue the muscles you dumb shit
>>
File: 1461951354307.jpg (24KB, 370x559px) Image search: [Google]
1461951354307.jpg
24KB, 370x559px
Good exercises and stretches for a winged scapula?
>>
>>37058680
Mark Rippetoe says:
>If you've been training the major exercises for any length of time at all and you still have a wing, it's probably neurological.
>A winging scapula is a neurological situation. I have never heard of mere bad posture causing this. Any rehab program for a winging scapula would involve something that addresses the neuro issue, and the typical PT approach is to do isolation exercises for the serratus, which makes absolutely no sense if the neuro issue is keeping the muscle from contracting. Just train correctly, and if it's going to heal, it will, but it may take some time, as neuro issues most often do.
>>
>>37058680
>>37058702
Basically, overhead press and chin-ups.
>>
how would I perform warm up sets for starting strength?
Tomorrow I will be benching 90lbs and squat 65.
Should I squat the bar for 2x5 rest 2 minutes? How would I do warmups for bench?
>>
>>37058712
>>37058702

Cool thanks
>>
>>37056527
Yeah. Stop doing weighted abs.
>>
>>37058759
http://corw.in/warmup/

Keep the starting weight 45. Enter your workset weight into ending weight.

Take no breaks between warmups.
The time required to put the weight on is your break. Take 3-5 minute breaks between your three worksets. There are 5 warmup sets. You will do 1 set of 10 of the bar to start.
>>
File: pixlr.jpg (2MB, 4566x4566px) Image search: [Google]
pixlr.jpg
2MB, 4566x4566px
Did the matrix glitch?
>>
>>37058617
So are you just doing a slow cut, just counting cals with no other trickery?
>>
>>37057783
I used to get those in my wrists when I would OHP. They went away after a while.
>>
Are lunges necessary if I'm already doing front and back squats?
>>
>>37056383
You shouldn't be losing more than 1.5% of your body weight a week if you want to avoid also cutting lean mass.
>>
>>37058798
I don't trust apps like that
>>
>>37058912
no, lunges are shit
>>
>>37056890
Do whatever allows you to accumulate the most weekly volume. Usually it is easier do this with more sets, not with more reps. You'll probably be able to get more volume from 10 triples than 3x10 as an extreme example.

Try and maximise the number of working sets you can complete in a week for a bodypart.
>>
>>37058079
It's probably not the fat deposit causing it (unless it's like the size of an apple).

If your shin and foot is falling asleep it isn't a blood flow issue, it's a nerve getting impeded somewhere. Go and see a physio, you may have a slight nerve impingement or your running form might be wrong.

It could also be caused by your shoes being too tight.
>>
>>37058077
>>37058096
I do barbell curls 3 times a week, small muscle groups recover quite quickly. As long as you aren't absolutely destroying them with fatigue every workout you aren't going to kill your gains by adding a couple of extra sets of curls a week.

If they start to feel shit though or you notice your work capacity drop (can't do the same number or reps or weight in the week) then that would be a sign they aren't recovering fully and a signal to reduce the amount you are doing.
>>
>>37058130
It isn't the gym that makes you feel happy, it's the exercise and the knowledge you are doing something productive. Try to fill the rest of your life with things like that.
>>
>>37058675
Fatiguing muscles is the whole point you stupid shit.

It looks fine as long as he doesn't go apeshit with stupid weights and eats properly.
>>
>>37056527
>>37057161
She isn't bracing her core properly. Get her to use an ab roller and watch her back, it should be slightly rounded and braced against the contraction of her abs.If it is flat that's a sign she's letting her back 'sag' and this will probably cause pain.

Weighted ab exercises make you fairly prone to injury if you cant brace properly.
>>
does low testosterone make you remember stuff harder and make your skin look pale? I forget the names of my classmates and other short-term stuff. I could watch a movie once and rewatch it a week later without knowing most of what happens.(re-watched entire star-trek TNG 3 (three times))
>>
>>37059084
That could be a symptom of any number of deficiencies or medical problems. Go to a doctor and tell them you have noticed your short term memory has deteriorated and it's worrying you.
>>
>>37058798
Chicken is about 110Cals for 100g, so neither seems to be correct. Plus, 1 oz is definitly not 85g
>>
File: tumblr_mbl4jjPRsb1qi4axco1_1280.jpg (239KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbl4jjPRsb1qi4axco1_1280.jpg
239KB, 540x720px
>>37058912
Not really, unless you are girl. It's a good exercise to work on that ass.

>>37059084
>>37059130
That anon is right.

Also, be sure that you rest well or if you spend enough time on sun. Deprivation of sun and rest can easily give you symptoms like that and those are really common nowadays.
>>
File: 1397231387288.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1397231387288.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
I've been having involontary spasms in my left biceps since a day.... why is that?
>>
are pendlay rows snapping your shit if done correct?
>>
How can martial arts be incorporated into a lifting schedule, especially with regards to progression and soreness, etc?
>>
>>37059663
Obviously not.
>>
>>37059880
and i guess keeping a straight back is key to do them correct?
>>
>>37059986
A straight back, yeah. It also helps to push your ass far back (so your position sort of resembles the deadlift starting position). And try to keep the weight close instead of letting it fly out in front of you.
>>
>>37059691

You can't reach everything so pick your priorities. You can focus on lifting and have fun and conditioning with MA, or you can do some very simple, low volume stuff to support MA.

Soreness doesn't matter as such as long as it isn't injury. You can work your way through DOMS but if you're beaten up that's different of course.
>>
>>37060105
Thanks m8. I'm planning to try out Kyokushin Karate, but I also want to keep my lifts up, so I guess gym is going to be my priority.
Any tips on keeping injuries and such to a minimum?
>>
>cutting
>1000 kcal deficit
>lifting 6 days a week
>PPLPPL
>I'm pushing to get the hallowed 1/2/3/4
>getting pretty close on all lifts

I'm wondering if I should not push so hard to hit those goals while cutting? Should I lay off or what?
>>
my index finger is broken but it doesn't hurt when I grip onto the barbell should I still go to the gym?
>>
>>37060030
thank you, been doing that so far, but today some older guy told me it will hurt my back in the long run and to do cable rows instead.
>>
>>37060149

What do you mean by 1/2/3/4?
>>
>>37060280

Ohp bench squat dL
>>
>>37060280
That's how many grams of creatine he injects per day, at 4-hour intervals. If he makes it to 1/2/3/4 he'll be swole.
>>
I'm cutting and all I do are pull ups and abs. Goal is just to look good shirtless with visible abs. Is what I'm doing sufficient?
>>
>>37059060
I will look at it, thanks
>>
>>37059311
>>37059084
I actually have low testosterone, atleast for my age and I wanted to know if those problems were somehow related to testosterone aswell.
>>
Should I raise the weights on side lateral raises or are they the exercise you can just do at the same weight and still get results?
>>
What are the macros in chicken breast? I've seen anything from 25cals an ounce to 40
>>
Wtf is wrong with my belly?
I got visible abs but its still making a curve instead of being flat.
Am I supposed to lose another ~1-2 kg maybe?
I am 1,78m and 71kg atm so losing more weight would make me borderline underweight?
>>
>>37060656

without a pic it's a guess between visceral fat and weak muscles / poor posture
>>
I started doing mobility work for my t-spine recently. My mobility increased, but I've had slight pain in that area ever since. Like light soreness.
But today I did high bar squats and it was really painful once I got a decent load on the bar.
With low bar or front squats, I have no issues.

Anyone got any experience with t-spine problems?
>>
>>37060656
That's just how a stomach looks when somebody isn't flexing the shit out of it.
>>
File: 20160314_190212.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160314_190212.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Is this a good routine?
>>
When doing romanian deadlifts I only feel the stretch in my left leg. Is it cause it's weaker or could my form be fucked up somehow?
>>
how do you know if your test levels might be too low. i'm not going to go into it, but i think i might have lower test than normal?

are there are mail-in bloodworks you can do to check it?
>>
File: IMG_20160429_161406.jpg (3MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160429_161406.jpg
3MB, 1920x1920px
Any feedback on my routine please?
AxBxCxx + hill sprints (20 rounds) 3 days a week after lifts or on off days - hence the relatively few assistance lifts.

A
1) Deadlift 5/3/1
2) dumbell rows 2x8 then 1xfailure
3) curl 5x6 (heavy)
4) hammer curl 4x8
5) shrug 3x15

B
1) Squat 5/3/1
2) OHP 5/3/1
3) snatch grip high pull 5x3 (heavy)
4) Lat pulldown 3x8
5) dumbbell side raise 4x9

C
1) Bench 5/3/1
2) incline dumbbell press 4x8
3) cable flys 4x9 (considering dropping this, thoughts?)
4) dips 4xFail
5) tricep rope pushdown 4x9

Pic unrelated
>>
>>37060856
>T-Rex Mode : The Workout
>>
>>37060910
How would you improve it?
>>
>>37060594

Increase weights to the maximum that your form can handle. If you form gets all fucky, you're lifting too much
>>
>>37060622

>what is myfitnesspal
>>
>>37060917

Type it into excel you fucking child.
>>
>>37060917
I just tried to sort it around, but it's unsalvageable.

If you want a long ass split/compound/ss/idontknowwtfyouredoing routine, make it 3 days and split your major compounds. bench, squat, DL. Then add the similar body parts to each day.

so 3 days, all your compounds cycle in a week.
>>
>Be 22 DYEL faggot, only banged 3 grills in my life
>Get some weight, some muscle, averagebro
>Get qt girlfriend from Tinder who fucking loves me
>Move in together
>Been a year of living together
>I'm jackedmode now
>Only banged 3 grills
>Get female attention A LOT
>I'm 24 and 18/19/20 year old girls are fucking crazy for me because of my body, face, and I make $70K/year (for my age/area that's huge)
>Have a girlfriend who loves me but has had more sex than me
>I smash every night but constantly think about banging other women

Older /fit/ friends, will I regret not having sex with more women when I'm 30, 35 40, etc? I'm not saying I'm going to marry this girl, but right now I am in a fantastic position to bang a new girl every night and I can't bring myself to break up with my gf.
>>
Can I do rollerskating as cardio ? (longer distances, with uphill passages, etc.) I need a substitute for running because it feels boring, thanks in advance
>>
>>37060982
Is there an already set routine i can do for ultimate strength gains?
>>
Not sure where else to ask but this is my homrboard so ill ask here.

My girlfriend recently did something disgusting. I'm quite disturbed by it. Please read on;

We were at the breakfeast buffet on our school trip. My girlfriend starts ruffling under the table with her skirt and i'm like wtf??

She says "I'm saving some food for later, lunch isn't till 2 o clock". "And i'm like in your pants???" and she's like "no, in my vagina silly".

and then i'm like "eeewwwww, why don't you put it in your pocket or something" and she tells me that vaginas are naturally clean whereas pockets are filthy and you'll get loads of germs from eating food outta your pocket.

She said that her mother showed her how to do it and how it's completely natural and that women have been doing it since stone age times. I was shocked by this and unsure whether or not to believe her.

Fast forward to around 12.30 and we were on a train.We go inside a toilet and start kissing and after a few minutes she sits down and starts fumbling in her crotch area again. And sure enough, after a few seconds out slides a sausage. She asked me if i wanted some and i was like "eh....no thanks" and then she just ate it as if it was just a normal sausage off a plate.

I asked her if other girls do this and she said she didn't know, it's not the kind of thing they'd talk about. but she said she does it occasionally and she finds it really handy when she's stuck for food.

I'm kinda worried now, this can't be healthy can it? Surely you'd get some sort of disease down there
>>
I alternate between squats+ lower body accessory on one day and bench + upper body accessory the other day and go to gym every other day. Is this okay?
>>
>>37061021
Don't be a hedonistic degenerate.
Take care of your gf, marry her, have a bunch of children and bring them up to be Aryan warriors.
>>
I have a bad knee and back. What lifts can I do that do not involve those?
>>
File: 1627067.jpg (133KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1627067.jpg
133KB, 1600x1600px
>>37061050
Pretty much the definition of SS.
But don't squat every fucking day, or else your legs will look like pic related.
>>
>>37061078
i really hope this is fake or something because that is fucking disgusting
>>
>>37061078
This can't be real.
>>
>>37061096
curls
just
curls
>>
>>37061096
oh you should probably be doing some sort of exercise for both of them to make them better.

what may i ask is bad about them, sir
>>
>>37061099
Mhmm is there a less meme routine? Or should i just do ss ?
>>
>>37061212
Do SS for a few months.
But do it right.
Read the book, don't just "do the routine".
>>
>>37061274
Thank you anon ill try it
>>
File: Texas Method base program.jpg (39KB, 778x176px) Image search: [Google]
Texas Method base program.jpg
39KB, 778x176px
>>37056383
did SS for around 6 months and then moved onto TM for about 2 months. My Deadlift is barely more than my squat. Is this normal? I squat 145kgx5 yet struggle to get more than 145-147.5kgx5 for Deadlifts without rounding. for further context, I did Glenn Pendlay's TM from strengthstandards.co for 6 weeks and then moved onto pic related.
Here are form checks, I think I either have shit depth in my squat or there's probably something really fucked in my setup for deadlifts that I haven't noticed.
Squat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVkW6GkiCMk
Deadlift with no belt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPI_30P2wm8
Deadlift with belt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1C1E-Q0VDI (I think my back is way too round, so I'm not trying to pretend it's good, just looking for tips, given I can do 5kg less fine without a belt)
Power Clean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHCifutAJRw
My technique is probably trash here, I'm pretty inexperienced with power cleans, the only info I've gotten for it is Alan Thrall's and Rippetoe's vid for the power clean. From what I've gathered, my second pull is bad.
I may as well post my bench form check as well just to make sure I'm not making some horrific mistake:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxO_h1c7Pto
>>
>>37061084
What if my girlfriend used to be a degenerate and I feel insecure because she has had more sex than me?
>>
Does it really make sense to be doing low rep high weight for back?
>>
Going to the beach next week, I've been hovering around 162-163 with about 8-10% BF.

I tried Keto this past week and even though I'm still at the same weight I feel like my Abs / Obliques are less defined. Am I just freaking out or could the Keto have fucked me up bros? Should I just go back to IIFYM for the last 8 days?
>>
>>37061502
Then give up and learn how to prep a bull.
>>
>>37061021
Lucky bastard. I Wish I was you. Taken care of her. Don't throw away something great for something so stupid and fleeting. No you won't regret. I hardly ever hear that people do.

>Be 21
>Get first girlfriend
>QT off Tinder, fucking loves me
>Don't like her much
>Give it time, feelings start to change
>Young, confused girl who doesn't know what she wants
>Realizes after a few months that she wants to be single and fuck around
>She still tries hard to make it work for a while
>Problems arise
>One day it all turns to shit
>MFW I actually loved her
>Everythingfeelsbadman.jpg
>>
Trying to look shredded for a costume party tonight, will taking a diuretic make my muscles pop more or will I look flat?
>>
File: christian-bale-the-machinist.jpg (57KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
christian-bale-the-machinist.jpg
57KB, 600x401px
Was it magic?
>>
>>37058234
It depends. If you're just there to exercise, use what time you have. If you're training on a program, do that.

Otherwise, if you want nearly arbitrary numbers, give yourself 35 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of weights, get in & out in under an hour.
>>
>>37061658
yes, roid magic
>>
>>37056383
I'm an idiot, so I made a thread for this, but people have rightly ignored it.

Should I join a gym?

I don't want to waste money on it if I don't use it regularly (I haven't exercised regularly in 3 years), and it might be good to develop a habit doing something free like calisthenics. But I enjoy barbells a lot more than calisthenics. Any advice?
>>
>>37061021
If you are regretting now you will regret later, its a simple as that m80. You knew the answer to this one though didn't you.
>>
>>37061729
They ignored it because you're a fucking tard. Just get a membership and actually go to the gym so you don't waste your money.
>>
>>37061812
OK, senpai.
>>
>>37061021
wtf are you me? this is exactly my life... fuck..
>>
>>37061658
Muscle memory. You tend to get back to your normal size/strength if you lose muscle mass quickly.
This doesn't go for fatasses.. yall tubbies fucked up.
>>
>>37061658
He almost died during The Machinist I believe, or got very close to dying.
>>
How much is too much cardio?

I'm up to doing about an hour a day after lifting for an hour.

20 mins running
20 mins rowing
and around 10 mins of cool down on an elliptical

I hear after a certain point cortisol plays a part and can make me gain weight rather than losing it.

I'm curious if this is actually negative in my life for cutting and I'm going to just keep getting fatter rather than losing weight.

I keep my caloric intake below my threshold, but I'm uncertain if it is calories in vs calories out.

Any input?
>>
>>37062595
my aunt is a fitness & aerobic coach with a university degree for 20 years and she told me i should do 45 minutes of cardio.she told me thats the idea length of time to get cardiovascular benefits but not lose muh gains.
>>
>>37061778
I think I'm going to wait for an opportunity when we fight to cheat on her with some sloots. Then tell her I'm so sorry, it was horrible, I feel so bad, etc.

This may backfire though because she is banging and can easily find another dude.

>>37061855
What are you doing about it?
>>
File: 1425765201770.png (364KB, 619x486px) Image search: [Google]
1425765201770.png
364KB, 619x486px
I'm 5'8'', trying to lose weight from 63kg (current weight) after having already lost 66kg.

I've been going to the gym three times a week for two months now, and I'm starting to wonder something.

Is it completely IMPOSSIBLE to put on any kind of muscle mass (not even noob gains) while on a cut?
I'm only cutting 300cal (1500Cal daily with a 1800TDEE), yet I'm not seeing a change, for better or worse, anywhere in my body.

My only goal is getting a dry thin and athletic look, the only amount of muscle I strive for is enough so that I will just look thin instead of malnourished after I lose another couple Kgs.

But is even that little gain impossible while cutting?
>>
>>37062917
>I'm 5'8'', trying to lose weight from 63kg (current weight) after having already lost 66kg.

Holy shit I meant that I lost 3kg from 66kg.
>>
File: okay.png (3KB, 267x224px) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
3KB, 267x224px
>>37056383
Can working the obliques and maybe going down to very low body fat (gained a bit in the winter for obvious reasons) help losing the weird torso?
>>
>trying to cut, chubby
>already ate pretty healthy, just cutting more junk out and lowering portions
>eat healthy food, lots of protein, little to no added sugar
>drink a ton of water and tea
>not a ridiculous cut, enough to be effective
>always hungry
>eat a meal and hungry again within an hour
>just ate steak and green beans, was so hungry that I ate again an hour later

Why and how do I stop it?
>>
>>37063159
Get on a site like myfitnesspal and actuallycount calories.

Foods like chicken and 90% of green veggies are so poor in calories that you can eat them until you have literally filled your stomach volume burst capacity and still not hit your TDEE.

You could eat a fucking kilogram of spinach and still not have eaten not even the calories of a single spoon of oil.
>>
>>37063059
Not obliques son, lats. Just keep doing chin-ups (grip outside shoulder width)
>>
I only recently started deadlifting and am worried about the form. I am standing with feet fairly close together, back straight as I can, and driving up with my legs. The biggest concern I have is the starting position; I saw a video saying that a common mistake is to get your hips too low, almost like a squat, and that you should aim for a higher hip position. My problem is that if I start higher with my hips, I can't keep my back straight. Any tips?
>>
I'm doing ss deadlifting 120kg 1x5. The problem is that I think I got too overzealous with my weight increases and now I take long breaks between reps, like 30-60s, because I get lightheaded and have to catch my breath and maybe re-apply chalk if it rubs off on the bar. Which method would be better to fix this?

>staying at 120kg and aiming to decrease breaks between reps every workout
OR
>deloading to about 105-110ish, or whatever weight I can deadlift 1x5 with no breaks between reps, and working my way up from there
>>
How can i not waste a day when I'm sick?
Not like dying in the bed sick
More I have a sore throat and I'm sneezing sick, but no fever or chills.
>>
>>37063445
Do planks, sit-ups, push-ups and squats

If you're used to weighted exercises they're going to feel very light, but they're not going to let your muscles just rest.

Don't expect any actual gains from it, but at least you won't lose as much as you would by resting.
>>
Guys, when you do deadlifts, do you always feel the tention on the hamstrings? Because I always lose it in the bottom. When I'm lowering the bar, the tention goes up, but right when I start bending knees and put bar on the floor, hammies gets bretty loose. What to do?
>>
>>37063481
Light cardio or no?

Thanks by the way
>>
>>37063245
1. Stand where shins are1.5 inch from the bar.
2. Feet separated about shoulder length. Inside of shoulders, not the outside.
3. Feet pointing slightly outwards. Like 20°.
4. Reach down to the bar. Don't bend your knees. Hand position on bar: right outside your legs.
5. Bend knees till shins touch the bar.
6. Pull your shoulders back. Bring your chest up. This should automatically keep your back straight.
7. Don't lower your hips, you filthy hippie.
8. Lift. Bar always touching your leg.
9. Do this under one breath. Only exhale when the bar is down on the floor again.
10. Keep chest up and shoulders back to keep your back straight.

If this doesn't help: deload, faggot. Until you can do it right.
>>
>>37063544
That's really your call.
You shouldn't really do any kind of exercise while sick.
If you're too sick for the gym you're too sick for other kinds of exercise too.
>>
>>37063576
Aaight thanks bro
>>
File: amazonteamlr.jpg (220KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
amazonteamlr.jpg
220KB, 600x380px
>>37056383
so i need to make a heavy choice /fit/

i need to purchase an amazon bloodbowl team and i am stuck between pic related and this
https://i.4cdn.org/tg/1462551913815.jpg

pic related i can use as 2 team, is cheaper and might look better painted. whereas link related is THICK

what do ?
>>
I'm torn between cycling as cardio and training TKD in the evenings. Should I do a bit of both or would my training be enough cardio?
>>
>>37063551
This is exactly what I needed, thanks anon.
>>
File: tin-durr.png (20KB, 588x301px) Image search: [Google]
tin-durr.png
20KB, 588x301px
How do I respond?
>>
>>37063820
"Let's make a pizza with the sausage between my legs and the pepperoni on your chest"
>>
>>37063820

>I got the sausage, you got the pepperoni?
>>
>>37063820
>>37063833
cmon I got dubs
>>
do any lads here have experience with any of the following routines:

Delorme method
German volume training
Russian bear routine
5/3/1
Mass made simple
Simple but sinister

?

if so post results
>>
Is it normal that the lower back "hurts" (not sure if its the muscle or the bone) shortly after a set of deadlifts (for example when you pick up your water bottle), but that feeling is gone like 10 minutes later?
>>
>>37063963
I got this when I leaned back too far.
Use your glutes to lock out, not your lower back
>>
>>37063492
you might be dropping your hips too early. when you drop your hips you lose tension in the hammies. it also could be an issue of your lower back rounding on the way down without realizing it, since that reduces hammy tension too. apart from that i can't think of a reason why that would happen.

try practicing romanian deadlifts (not stiff legged deadlifts) and they should teach you to keep tension in your posterior chain the whole time.
>>
What supplement will help me get rid of my adipose tissue belly? L-carnitine?
> eat under <1000 kcals
> fuck you I'm not starving I just eat fruit and vegetables exclusively
>>
>>37062917
are you a tall girl or something because ffs a 1800TDEE is insane.
>>
File: brain_candy.jpg (28KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
brain_candy.jpg
28KB, 600x338px
Yous guys know anything about carb loading? I'm on a cut, but play a lot of sports so in order to keep my games highly energetic, I'd like to limit my carb intake to the best time... I'm guessing this is a few horus before the sport but there's a lot of conflicting info I see on the web
> How may hours after consuming carbs before your glycogen is replenished?
> How can one estimate the amount of carbs one needs in order to fully replenish glycogen?
>>
>>37064344
not that poster, but my TDEE according to online calculators is also 1800 (I'm a 5'4 grill). I'm honestly quite sceptical because I kept track of my food consumption for about a month, out of curiosity, and I was maintaining my mass with about 2500 calories, so I think these TDEE calulcators can be rather full of shite
>>
I have slight pain in my middle toe. It flares up when I stretch but oddly enough during lifting and kicking practice its mostly fine.
I notice it when I walk also, should I not squat or something?
>>
How good is krav maga when you want to try to lose weight/get in shape?

Seriously considering joining the local club.
>>
I'm a 177cm (5'10") manlet. I bulked my way up from 70kg (154 lbs) to 80 kg (176 lbs) in about a year. At the end I had to eat 3700 kcal/day. Is that normal? I feel like either my calorie-tracking is shit or I'm doing someting else wrong.
Oh and since this was my goal weight I'll go on my first cut now. How many kcals would you recommend?
>>
>>37064344
Insane as in really high or low?
>>
>>37062917
>5'8
>63kg
>losing weight

maybe you should not.
>>
>>37064658
Might as well do aerobics.
>>
File: 1462325212542.jpg (32KB, 700x468px) Image search: [Google]
1462325212542.jpg
32KB, 700x468px
T-bar rows or barbell rows?

What do you guys prefer?

What's better in terms of shoulder stabilization?
>>
>>37064864
I found for my self that T-bars where way harder on my back and shoulder blades than barbell rows.
I'd say trry both for yourself and see, which one your shoulder respond too better.
>>
>>37065011
For sure, thanks for the input though
>>
>>37064820
>>37064820

I know, but I still have belly fat and I just can't lose it.
>>
I've lost 30 lbs in the last 4.5 months(210 at christmas to 178 this morning). All my lifts have gone up except my squat. Is this normal? I'd expect the opposite. I squat highbar atg 3x5 twice a week. What the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
I wanna measure my body fat with a caliper. Is there anything I have to keep an eye out for or can I really just buy a 8$ thing off amazon?
>>
>>37065106
when in your workout do you squat?
>>
>>37065145
First lift after a 5 minute warm up.
>>
Should I start intermittent fasting?

Just read this article:
http://www.anabolicmen.com/intermittent-fasting-testosterone/

I have symptoms of low testosterone, light gyno, tired all the time, no facial hair, little chest hair, and I want to know if intermittent fasting increasing testosterone is just a meme.
>>
File: Fate.stay.night.full.1922929.jpg (487KB, 1250x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Fate.stay.night.full.1922929.jpg
487KB, 1250x1000px
>>37060571
Well, actually you can have lower test because of deprivation of sun (vitamin D) and sleep, so they might come together.
>>
What is the best trap exercise? It's obviously not shrugs, but what is?
>>
File: image014.gif (26KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
image014.gif
26KB, 160x120px
>>37065317
I like to do pic related (don't know how it's called in english) if I want to train my traps (and delts).

Also, remember that deadlifts train traps pretty good.
>>
>>37065360
Upright row I think, and I've seen everywhere that those are atrocious for the shoulder and wrist.
>>
>>37065390>>37065360

Can confirm, injured my rotator cuff doing them. And I didn't feel them doing anything in my traps either.
>>
>>37065317
Shrugs and face pulls.

Personally I like the shrug machine more than DBs/BB shrugs
>>
File: Fate.EXTRA.full.1995849.jpg (445KB, 710x830px) Image search: [Google]
Fate.EXTRA.full.1995849.jpg
445KB, 710x830px
>>37065390
>>37065406
Well, that surprises me, cause in my country many slavs does them and I never heard that somebody has been injured by them. Maybe wrong technique or something like that?

How far from middle you grip the bar and how high you bring it makes a big difference.

Also it shouldn't be done with really heavy weight.

But well - do what suits you. Good luck anyway.
>>
Been cutting for a few months and doing cardio. I just started weight lifting recently and on lift days I always get fucking starving in a way that cardio never did for me. Is this normal?
>>
>>37065442
Yeah I mean if it's working for you then great, just be careful bro. I tried them a while ago and felt very uncomfortable so I won't be attempting it again.
>>
>>37064397
bumpin
>>
>>37056383
Workouts for my neck? Especially the back
>>
Ive done a creatine loading phase (20gs for 5 days) and ive gained no weight and my muscles look about the same but i do feel more energy in the gym and i have been hitting more reps on my sets is this placebo or is it actually working? (Im taking optimum nutrition micronized creatine)
>>
>>37065567
Sucking dick
Also great for your traps
>>
File: 1421606797280.jpg (259KB, 688x537px) Image search: [Google]
1421606797280.jpg
259KB, 688x537px
>>37065970
>>37065970
>>Also great for your traps

So they're the ones getting their dicks sucked?
>>
File: pepsidog.jpg (468KB, 1184x1046px) Image search: [Google]
pepsidog.jpg
468KB, 1184x1046px
292lbs from 323

did psmf for 7 weeks while lifting, lost over 30lbs, now I'm doing a combination of psmf and iifym since I added 3 days of cardio to my weekly routine

On a normal day I hit my protein goal of 110 grams and then eat other stuff like rice or cookies, maximum of 1200 Cal's a day with no more than 50g of carbs

Am I doing it right or should I fix something?
>>
>tfw read the sticky but dont know what to do now

how do i start lifting? pls give story of how you did
>>
>>37057783
A muscle cramp, just rub it until it goes away
>>
When you bench are your scapulas supposed to move or stay firmly on the bench? Basically, do you extend your shoulders along with your arms, or just your arms? I've been benching with my shoulders extended for a while and I'm struggling with tendonitis now and I think this might be the cause.
>>
>>37066634

They stay retracted the whole time.
>>
>>37066651
Well shit. Guess that makes sense. Time to start over. I've been trying to figure out this injury for ages, thanks anon.
>>
File: sexy-selfies-p44-5.jpg (136KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
sexy-selfies-p44-5.jpg
136KB, 1200x900px
is tribulus just a meme or does it really raise your test levels? Thinking of buying a bottle.
>>
>>37066693

It does seem to raise test levels. But like most boosters, its a statistically noticeable and very small increase. You'd probably get more overall benefit out of the basic supplements like creatine and fish oil.
>>
Not trolling, but the protein bars I currently eat have 180 calories/20g protein/17g carbs/2g sugar/4.5g fat

If I need to eat 1930 cals to lose 1lb a week at 163 is eating 9 or 10 of these a day a viable option or is there something i'm missing that'll fuck me?
>>
>>37066729

You appear to be missing micronutrients there.
>>
>>37066740
can't I just supplement those with a multi or is that a bad idea?
>>
>>37066747

Generally a bad idea. Most multis have very poor actual nutrition results - the stuff they claim is in there actually is in there but it often isn't absorbed by the body very well.
>>
Anyone here do IF? Does it fuck your gains? I'm enjoying it a lot right now but I question whether or not it's actually helpful.
>>
File: 1442380898496.jpg (212KB, 920x1385px) Image search: [Google]
1442380898496.jpg
212KB, 920x1385px
>>37066693
Just go to the womens section at the drug store and buy a high quality estrogen blocker with i3c & DIM in it. DON'T use it all the time, estrogen is necessary to your body for certain things.

If anyone asks, it's for your mother.
>>
Hurt my back kinda badly deadlifting today, are there any recovery pro tips I should be aware of or am I just gonna hafta tough it out laying on the floor for a week?
>>
>>37066729
Better off eating some broccoli to get fiber, otherwise you will not be able to go poo-poo mate, and likely bust out a few dingleberries trying to push one out.

Also, most of those bars contain far amounts of soy products, which as non-vegans know soy is shit-tier.
>>
>>37056918
You think people want to share your cold?
>>
>>37058557
No.
As long as it doesn't interfere with your lifting and sleep you'll be fine.
>>
File: Fate.zero.full.1928815.jpg (918KB, 850x1205px) Image search: [Google]
Fate.zero.full.1928815.jpg
918KB, 850x1205px
>>37065465
Probably it is. By lifting, you burn more calories and your body is asking for more nutrition (much more protein to rebuild muscles).

If I spend too much time working out (or resting between sets, while talking with friends), I feel sudden hunger too.

Shortly, just eat more protein, if that won't work, try to add a bit more good carbs. If shit still happens, try a bit more. If this will become real issue, ask someone qualified, not some random person on greek harry potter fanfic forum.

>>37065954
Most likely placebo, cause it's not some kind of real drug that will hit you, but still good for you, right? If it's really working, it's still good, so what's the problem?

>>37066050
Doing iifym is not really good for you. It's like saying "coke zero is ok, because it has zero calories". Bleach has little calories too, but you know, it's not good for your overall health. And if your body is sick, you will not transform your body well.

I get it that it's hard for you to get rid of sweets, but try to eat for example banana or another fruit/vegetable instead of cookies. They won't do good for you, even if they meet your macros.

Also, are you lifting? Lifting will help you use some of calories into something worth them.

>>37066184
Try doing some program like Stronglifts or Starting Strength and lurk while lifting. Those programs can be used for 6 months or even more, depending how well will they do for you. You will build some strength with them and then you will be able to do better in all kind of ways of lifting - you will later chose some program that will focus on your objectives, like getting stronger or getting aesthetics.

Also, try reading some articles on scooby workshop. You will find a lot info about nutrition and common myths there.

>>37066838
If thing is bad, go to doc, really. If not, try some foam roll massage or regular ointment for pain relief.
>>
>>37058558
> My GF
This is for you isn't it?
>>
Aside from body fat what other factors contribute to the visibility of your abs? Like sodium intake etc.
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.1166027.jpg (168KB, 750x844px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.1166027.jpg
168KB, 750x844px
>>37067083
Hydration. Before competitions, most of bodybuilders, if not all of them, try to dehydrate themselves to better show off muscles and veins.

Tan. The darker you are, the better your muscles are visible.
>>
>>37066918
I'm pretty new to back pain, how bad does it have to be before it's "bad"? I can't really walk or stand up straight for an extended period of time but the pain subsides to a dull ache if I just lay still
>>
i'm doing ss
should i do curls every workout or when
idk how to accessorize
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.1102160.jpg (291KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.1102160.jpg
291KB, 1920x1080px
>>37067164
I can't really answer that question, cause I've never really fucked up my back.

First thing is - is pain on upper back or lower back? If on lower back, then it might hurt because of bad technique, if upper - probably just too much weight/bad day/one bad unfocused lift/shit like this.

You should watch some videos/read about proper deadlifting technique and be sure, that you did everything ok. If not, lower weight and do it properly now. You might even record yourself and ask your friend to watch you while you lift.

Another thing is - how long you lift? if you are really new to this, you might just have pain typical for lifts, that you aren't used to.

If your pain won't go away within few days, better check to doc. Who knows, maybe you have special condition? Or maybe you just panic a little? But still, wounds that are not healed fast, can be a torture for a long time.

>>37067248
You should add them at the end of every workout, but try to match them to main exercises (for example, any curl for biceps I would suggest to do on rowing day, while triceps curls would be good on bench day).

Also - remember, they are just accesories. If you want to skip some exercises, it's better to skip accesories, than main lifts.
>>
File: Fate.zero.full.1020294.jpg (517KB, 850x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Fate.zero.full.1020294.jpg
517KB, 850x1104px
>>37067300
>>37067164
I would forgot, ofc don't do deadlifts for some time, till you regen.
>>
I did straight legged deads to help me understand how to really dig deep in my hamstrings for deadlifts. I was wondering if anyone knew of something similar for chest? I feel my shoulders do most the work and they seem to develop while my chest doesn't really feel engaged. Even on dips, flies, and dumbell press.
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.891093.jpg (119KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.891093.jpg
119KB, 580x580px
>>37067319
I don't know better exercise to "feel" chest than db press (even though I preffer lifting bar), but maybe try some of these things:
- try higher reps and higher sets (3-4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- try add some weight
- work on place where you hold dumbells/hands on bar. You said you feel more on shoulders, so try wider grip.
- remember to keep tight your back, keep your shoulders back and don't move bar/dumbells to high, cause that way you will move also your shoulders.
>>
How common are zipper abs? I imagine it'd be a genetic thing, but I couldn't find any studies on the prevalence of zipper abs. That may be due to 70% of the population being overweight, but the distribution among fit people should be about proportional, right?
Anyway, I've googled a bit and haven't found any statistics on it.
>>
Sorry if this one gets asked all the time, but are multivitamins a suitable enough replacement for vegetables in terms of getting enough micronutrients to help build muscle?
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.1554633.jpg (356KB, 671x685px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.1554633.jpg
356KB, 671x685px
>>37067457
Sadly, they are not good replacement. You can use them as addition that makes you sure, that you have 100% of everything you need, but focus on eating vegetables and fruits. Also - remember that all kind of pills are most likely making it harder for your liver.
>>
If I do weighted chins and heavy shrugs every workout (as well as ohp and lat raises) am I missing out by not doing bent over rows besides another back workout?
>>
I realise the obvious answer to this already is cut more/train harder, but I started off near obese and twice I've gotten down to around 70kg (Originally was around 82-88kg, only put on about 4kg before I started back at the gym)
and hit a kind of point where I found it really difficult to keep losing weight, before this point I pretty easily lost around 2lbs a week. Is it normal to hit a point where you just have to accept that you're going to lose weight slower, or should I be changing it up? I used to do a mix of light cardio and weightlifting in the past but as of late I've been just lifting.
>>
File: Fate.EXTRA.full.1427202.jpg (929KB, 1163x1390px) Image search: [Google]
Fate.EXTRA.full.1427202.jpg
929KB, 1163x1390px
>>37067747
1. Check if you have high body fat or low (simply: if you still want to lose fat or if you are kinda skinny)
2. If skinny, just accept that and get ready to get some weight.
3. If fat, add more cardio.

Anyway, at some point it's not good to lose a lot of weight, because you will lose muscles this way. At some point losing 2lbs will be really good, because you will lose fat and not lose muscles.

But you have to observe your body. It's most important. We can't see you, we can't tell how much muscles you have, how strong you are. Just use your mind. You will work it out by yourself.
>>
File: 31425634.jpg (182KB, 800x453px) Image search: [Google]
31425634.jpg
182KB, 800x453px
>>37067828
Yeah this is pretty much what I had expected, my bodyfat is roughly around 20-25%. I really fucking hate cardio in comparison to lifting, but I guess there's really no point in trying to build muscle right now when all I want to be is slimmer. I would say I'm pretty stocky, you can tell that I lift a little from my arms but any other muscle is covered by flab. Thanks for the response, I'll try my best now that I'm on summer break from uni.
>>
I'm a 125lb, 5'4" skelle manlet. Been lifting only a couple weeks with SL. I've been making progress, but it's pretty slow. Only just started bulking.

I'm supposed to go to the gym only every other day, but would it be bad to just go everyday? Do the embarrassingly small weights I lift warrant a pause between gym trips?
>>
When I do push exercises involving barbells, especially OHP/bench my elbows feel super tingly and I feel something in there twitching (not my muscles). This causes to drop down to a weight far below my maximum, and I feel like I cannot keep up my PPL progression if this isn't fixed. Anyone got any clues? visited a physio and said he couldn't find anything wrong with me.
>>
sup bros

just got my NSCA CSCS.

Answering/shitposting

>>37067870
it can be bad cause you're not letting your body go through the recovery (anabolic phase) inbetween sessions

>>37067732
yes, you're not getting that sagittal pulling motion from your middle rhomboids and rear delts

do inverted rows instead if you really just dislike bentover rows
>>
>>37067898
Retract your scapula and bring your elbows in.

>>37067870
Generally unneeded; wait until you've been at it for a month or two, but if you must, go in specifically to train form with low weight (50% working) and not to failure.
>>
File: Fate.strange.fake.full.1237701.jpg (402KB, 659x700px) Image search: [Google]
Fate.strange.fake.full.1237701.jpg
402KB, 659x700px
>>37067860
You should always try to build muscles - even on cut. If you will not build them, then at least you wont lose them. Also lifting means more calories burned in a good way, so that's a good thing. Never stop lifting, but still add some cardio. Maybe swiming? Or cycling? Rope jumping? Those will help with building some muscles (back/legs/calfs). There are many options. Good luck! Hope I will see you posting progress sometime.

>>37067870
Don't go everyday. You are not a bodybuilder whos body is used to many workouts like that. Also, you are working on strenght, so your work is a bit different. And still, you are newbie anyway. Just rest. It's ok to progress slowly. If you would go everyday, you might just stopped progresing at all. Keep your diet on point, eat good food and be patient. I know it's hard at start, because of all that hype that's inside your head, but focus. It's not a sprint, it's more like marathon.

>>37067898
Try to warm up better. Do some warm ups special for your elbows, do some warm up sessions for ohp/bench each. Try some stretching after workouts.

If not enough, use ointment or/and stabilizer for elbow.
>>
>>37067361
I appreciate the help and I guess I'll revisit those options.
I've been at it 2 months and I have progressed a lot more in my bench and OHP which is part of the reason I think it has something to do with my shoulders.
I'm at 185lbs on bench and 115lbs on OHP while weighing 157lbs.
My squat is equal to my bench and I know that's not "right".
>>
File: Fate.stay.night.full.900214.jpg (536KB, 800x659px) Image search: [Google]
Fate.stay.night.full.900214.jpg
536KB, 800x659px
>>37067967
It might be as you said it, but as well it might be that you just have weak legs and strong chest/arms. When I checked myself on symmetricstrenght, I found out I have so much better deadlift then some people with similiar strenght to me, but have really worse bench and ohp. Just work out, keep on progressing and at some point it all will "symmetric".

Of course if the problem is not in technique, as you said.
>>
>>37061559
Do a psmf instead.
>>
>>37067907
>>37067954
>>37067870
>>37067963
Thanks. Slow and steady it is.
>>
>>37063820
is she obese
>>
>>37063820
I don't have any peperoni, but maybe I can give you some sausage later.
>>
Can someone post the EC stack image? Googles only bringing up dead links.
>>
how long did it take you to notice your gains? when did other people notice?
>>
>>37068157
6+ weeks is when you'll notice hypertrophic gains beyond nervous system adaptations

before that it's just transient blood pooling aka "pump"
>>
I'm both a /fit/ noob and a /ck/ noob. I'v googled it, but there seems to be conflicting answers. Are baked potatos (olive oil with some garlic salt) bad for someone on a cut?
>>
>>37068328
On a cut your main worry is calories. Potatoes are basically calorie bombs, they're heavy as fuck, and that oil on top of it is even heavier.

Look toward more direct access to macro/micro nutrients and steer away from things that are mostly carbs. So meat and veggies mainly.
>>
>>37068328
>>37068386

>Potatoes are basically calorie bombs

Wut? One baked potato is 161kcal according to google. I wouldn't call that a bomb. As for olive oil, you'll need to have some good fats anyway, they might as well be on top of a tater.

Of course the GI is very high and maybe when you combine that with grease this may be bad for the gut but, potatoes are healthy otherwise and keep you satiated, so...

Anyhow this isn't a big issue. On a cut you cut calories and maybe plan when you have most of your carbs. It's not like [food product] is bad as such.
>>
>>37067907
For the rear delts:

What if I do wide grip chins and bo rows? Would that be enough to keep them in line with whatever work the other delts are getting?
>>
What do people mean when they say "long, lean muscle"?

How do you achieve it?
>>
>>37068471

Sounds like a misconception. Muscle shape is genetics, leanness is having little fat.
>>
My right arm is considerably bigger then my left. Anyway to have them the same size? I jerk off at least 4 times a week.
>>
>>37068005
I feel you. I don't exactly like saying "I progressed" because it's been a short time, I feel it's more I learned proper technique faster on my upper body than anywhere else.
Like I see pullup threads and don't understand. I can crank out 35 (granted I don't weigh shit) but my deadlift is barely 235 for 1.
So, what you say resonates with me. Thanks.
>>
I'm doing SS and my arms are disproportionate to my core and legs by a lot, I have like wide shoulders and stuff with Auschwitz arms. I can go to the gym everyday, but I know to get the strength gains you need to go three times a week. Should I just add curls to certain days? Add an extra day just for arms? Any bros have examples of something I could add to the standard SS routine? I already do pullups on bench day
>>
>>37068824
I should also mention that my gym also has a very large rock climbing area that I can join for an extra $40 a month, but I don't want to mess up my strength gains and I've never really done rock climbing before but maybe that would make my arms big?
>>
>>37068824
I'm doing a variation of SS. All my accessories are arms. Curls, chins, and dips everyday.

My arms while dyel at 16 are proportionate to my body. Legs are shit though on account of continuing to injure self and not being able to workout the weeks I work.

Just do arms every workout in other words
>>
>>37069005
ur 16?
>>
>>37069038
16 inch arms

24 years old.
>>
>>37069038
16 in
>>
>>37069366
Ok I just wasn't sure about taking advice from someone who just hit puberty
>>
>>37069622
Gotcha.

Though I've only been lifting since january, but my arms have grown at the very least half an inch. And that's since I found a tape, so maybe more.

My advice would be to at least do hammer curls. And do dips as soon as you can. I'm pretty sure most of my growth is from those since I started those later, even though I curl a lot after my main lifts.

I'm not saying I look great, but I am managing to keep my arms inline with the rest of my body.

Also my chest is finally starting to fill in but that's another story. Though I think that's from weighted dips too
>>
>>37069743
Half an inch doesn't sound like much for 5 months of lifting
>>
how fast does your weight change?

let's say you go from eating maintenance to a 1000 kcal surplus. will you notice a weight change on the scale the next morning? or does it take a while?
>>
>>37070392
You'll usually see a sudden increase in bodyweight as you transition to a large energy surplus, because your body starts to hold more water. To gain actual fat or muscle mass you need a good deal of calories, but obviously the bigger the surplus, the faster your bodyweight will shoot up. The trick however, is to go slow. Rapid weight gain is always shit. It's water and fat. The faster is goes up, and especially if it continues to do so, the more you're turning into a fat piece of shit.
Whether you're cutting or bulking, slow and steady wins the race. Always.
>>
>>37063371
Anyone for this?
>>
Easy simple meals I can make on a sunday and last me all week?
>>
>>37070425
> because your body starts to hold more water

does this increased water weight eventually diminish again, if you were to stay on the same surplus? so, after a while of gaining weight, it might plateau or even regress a bit because of losing the water?
>>
>>37060787
I was wondering about that. I always had bad posture and now that I've been lifting a year it's getting a lot better. Sm I supposed to keep my belly just slightly tensed basically all day? Especially when standing / walking, but also sitting? Or is that just an ego thing?
>>
>>37056383
What is a good routine that mixes strength training (>or hypetrophy) and conditioning/fitness? Got into the 1k lbs club and like to become more athletic.
>>
Need some help, was with this girl yesterday and she was jerking and sucking me off for 15-20 minutes straight but I couldn't cum.

Wtf is wrong with me?
>>
File: bmi-chart.png (737KB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [Google]
bmi-chart.png
737KB, 1650x1275px
Somebody wo wants to start lifting next week, I read all the FAQ stuff etc still have 2 questions:

My weight is about 80kg (+/-1 kg). So I´m on the edge of being minimal obese. When i start lifting now, should I start bulking or cutting or just mainting my weight? The thing is,my upper body looks fine but my legs especially my calves are the really fat part. I´m afraid in case I start bulking my legs are even getting just bigger.
>>
Is a week off every 4-5 months a good idea? I'm doing Scooby's intermediate program
>>
>>37070460
A big bowl of stew, curry or chili? Just put it in a pot, then make rice and reheat as and when needed?
>>
>>37071439
as long as you don't binge like a fat fuck then no it shouldn't affect you.
>>
How to find a good caliper for measuring bf?
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 532x783px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 532x783px
My chest/shoulders have been lagging. Would this routine be beneficial or is it just dumb

A:Push(more chest focused)
B:Pull
C:Push(more shoulder focused)
D:Legs

Basically a PPL routine with two push days. And both push days would still look pretty much the same. I'd just do different isolations according to if its A or C.
>>
My friend is cutting down to 500 calories to try and "lose the fat on my stomach and show my abs"
What do
>>
>>37071670
500 kcals under TDEE or she only eats 500 kcals/day?
>>
File: Fate.stay.night.full.1674255.jpg (1MB, 800x1143px) Image search: [Google]
Fate.stay.night.full.1674255.jpg
1MB, 800x1143px
>>37068527
Just workout left arm a bit more. Or cure yourself from your body dysmorphia.

>>37070458
Lower your weight, do deadlifts as proper set (without breaks), work up to your weight.

>>37071310
You probably just were stressed or maybe you have jerked off not so long before that suck. Also, funny thing - men are actually created to fuck and cum fast (you know, it's not good to fuck for hours when everywhere around you are wild animals and shit), but nowadays we are trying to do it longer, so we can satisfy our girls/our egos. Result is that after some longer fuck it's harder for men to cum, because the excitement passes.
Another thing - your dick might just be used to your death grip, while you were jerking off, so her grip or suck might be just not enough intense for you.

>>37071389
I would suggest to cut, until you will be happy with your body fat percentage (this means, until you stop being fat), then do slow, clean bulk to gain muscles.

>>37071670
You mean, he is eating only 500 kcal per day? Tell him that on graveyard there are no people with abs.
>>
>>37071670
Well with a low body fat alreday (around 15 to 20) it's not stupid, if it's 500 under TDEE. IF it's 500 all, unless said friend is a lilipucian midget it's suicidal.
>>
I've been lifting for 1 year, I gained 37 lbs. and I still have a low body fat, my lifts have improved and gotten stronger, but I still feel like I look small.

I'm 5'10" and now I weigh 167 lbs. I started at 130 lbs last year. At what weight compared to my height am I going to start looking big? I'm also slowing down and I don't know what to do. Been stuck at 167 for a while.
>>
Currently bulking for the first time after losing 20lbs fat. I tired keeping my diet as clean as when I was cutting and I've got no problem with proteins because I actually season my chicken breast and other lean meat and I usually get most of my fat from salmon and different nuts but carbs man. Fucking clean carbs taste disgusting. How the fuck am I supposed to eat 300g of clean carbs a day? Rice, potatos and pasta taste like shit without a fatty sauce and I can only eat as much bread as my stomach can actually fit. I've almost thrown up during meals because I'm not used to eating this many carbs.

TL;DR: How bad is it if I start incorporating around 70-100g of sugar from unhealthy food like chocolate and other sweet stuff. I mean, it's still carbs, right? Is there any harm to it?
>>
>>37071812

Probably 200+, less if you're lean enough.
>>
>>37071812
If you're at 167lbs and around 12-15%, you should look kinda big already. If you're around 20% you probably still look small. Gain about 10lbs more muscle then start cutting down to around 165 again. You'll probably look good. Post a pic if you don't mind.
>>
File: Fate.strange.fake.full.1127642.jpg (165KB, 717x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fate.strange.fake.full.1127642.jpg
165KB, 717x800px
>>37071829
See, it's all about glycemic index and shit like that, when it comes to which carbs are good. To say it shortly - if you eat/drink sugar, it will be processed so fast in your body, that it won't be able to transform into muscles, but will be stored as fat - which I guess is not thing you want to accomplish.

I have a few protips for you instead.
1. Eat more step by step. Don't increase your kcal by 500 in one day or even one week. Slower you do it, better results will come, because your body will get used to more calories.
2. Try doing shakes.
I'm doing everyday a shake that consists of:
2-3 bananas
a bit of cocoa (about 10 g)
milk (500-700 ml)
a bit of natural/greek yogurt (50-100g - depending on which yogurt I use - natural one has less fat, so you can use it more to get that additional proteins)
oats - from 100 g to 200 g, depending on how much carbs I need (be careful, the more oats you take, the more dense the mixture will be and I preffer less dense, so I can drink it easily).

Good luck!
>>
>>37071970
Yeah, kinda guessed there'd probably be some downsides. Seems too easy to just binge chocolate and doughnuts when I need my carbs. Thanks, I'll try your tips.
>>
What's most peoples starting weight for deadlifts? I just started doing them, and using 1pl8 as my working weight for 2x10 seems to work fine.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (65KB, 475x428px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
65KB, 475x428px
So I dug around the basement and I found some of my dad's old dumbbells. Thing is, none of them are a pair.
Is it possible to follow a program that requires two DBs of equal weight with only one? Can I just train one arm, then switch the dumbbell to the other?
>>
>>37072094
I don't think it matters for the muscles, but maybe using only one weight at a time puts more stress on your back or sth, dunno.

I've seen experienced lifters do and recommend workouts with two uneven weights though, where they alternate which arm has to work harder, so at least that should be legit.
>>
>>37072174
Thanks for the answer, m8.
>>
>>37072094

Done it with kettlebells and you end up using your sides more. I reckon that some supporting core muscles might end up being worked twice but with lighter load.
>>
>>37071639
Bump
>>
File: 1458849225358.png (590KB, 693x907px) Image search: [Google]
1458849225358.png
590KB, 693x907px
Best way to cut (to 10% Bf and slightly below) while preserve as most muscle as possible?
Some say to do it quick with a 25% deficit others say to do it slowly because of the Showdown of your metabolism.
So what do?
>>
>>37072517
*slowdown, fucking Auto correction
>>
>>37072517
Do it more slowly if you have the time. Make sure to very carefully assess TDEE and control calories. Don't use a scale, use a bodyfat caliper & waist circumference to measure progress, as they are less sensitive to water weight. Do low-carb if that works for you. Make sure to get enough protein. BCAAs in the morning, casein in the evening to avoid catabolism at night.

If you take it slow, you can cut quite a bit without losing any lean mass, but I don't know at what bodyfat% you are now. If you want to cover a lot of ground, you're probably gonna lose some lean mass, but I wouldn't worry too much about it, as it comes back quickly.
>>
How do I get any training in if I work a very physically demanding job like construction?
>>
>>37072517
Keto, caloric deficit, heavy weight (90% of max), 10-15 reps for a given movement.

I did the above on a 600cal deficit and allowed myself 10grams of carbs a day. I never once had to lower the weight below 90%. I did low rep+heavy weight because I think it allowed me to make the most out of what little carbs I was having. If you're gonna be running, I suggest low intensity and shortening your run time. It worked splendidly for me, I was at maybe 12-13% BF and stopped at I wanna say just below 10%. But I will say this; it did fuck with my metabolism afterwards.
>>
>>37072573
If you've got the time, doing what this anon said is much smarter.
>>
>>37072056
I started just below that I think, giving that I was a scrawny DYEL when I first started seriously working out.
>>
File: event_55503892.jpg (121KB, 353x360px) Image search: [Google]
event_55503892.jpg
121KB, 353x360px
Hey guys,

I've been having some shoulder pain recently in my right shoulder (kind of feels like inside the shoulder between the anterior and mid deltoid, might be a tendon issue not sure).

Should I wait for my shoulder to feel literally 100% before doing any upper body work? I definitely don't want to fuck it up even more.

Also, any tips or things I can do to try and have it heal faster? For now I just avoid sleeping on that side... Thanks.
>>
>>37072714
If it's inflammation, take an anti-inflammatory. I would also suggest taking a towel and soaking it in a hot Epsom salt solution, and soaking your shoulder with it. The most I would suggest you do with your shoulder is rotation warmups, swing your arms in a full circle, up and down, etc. If you're feeling ballsy, do lightweight for whatever upper body movement you like to do. God speed.
>>
>>37072772
Thanks bruh.
>>
I'm having a gas problem. What's happening?

>breakfast of cereal
>cycle to work
>eat 2 oranges when I arrive
>lunch, sandwich tuna and mayo, apple and grapes
>afternoon have two apples
>drank water and ribena light

What causes this much gas?
>>
First thing in the morning is go to the gym
Should I eat something before or lift while fasted?
>>
>>37072837
No idea about your specific diet, but sometimes just changing my diet seems to cause gas and hard shits for a little while, until my digestive system adapts. So if you've recently changed your diet, maybe just give it some time.
>>
>>37072849
Depends if the night before. If you had a carb-heavy meal, you'll be fine to work out fasted. If not, eat something small and sugary prior to the gym.
>>
>>37072914
Well I guess it's an extra apple. And I don't normally have cereal (too late in the mornings usually!). The cycle is very different too.
>>
i don't like doing curls because they're boring and make my wrists hurt

am i at a major disadvantage if i just do hammer curls instead? i do rows and pullups/chins too anyway.
>>
>>37071706
A-are you our new trappy?
>>
>>37072949
>wrists

*forearms, and no using the ez bar doesn't make much difference.
>>
How many calories in a kebab pizza? Pore specifically, a Big Bob's thin crust mixed (veal+chicken) kebab pizza with "burn in hell" sauce?
Thing's delicious.
>>
>>37072972
>kebab pizza?
WTF
>>
>>37072986

I'll show ya a pic, if you want.
>>
>>37072986

kebab on pizza
>>
>>37073052
Yeah, pretty much. Though it's just the meat, without the pita bread. They call it kebab because of the cut and to attract the attention, since kebab is the hot craze atm.
>>
File: image.jpg (904KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
904KB, 3264x2448px
>>37073070
>>37072986
Aint she a beaut?
>>
File: 1429814633968.jpg (112KB, 600x407px) Image search: [Google]
1429814633968.jpg
112KB, 600x407px
okay. huge thanks bros!
>>37072573
>>37072685
>>37072696

>...but I don't know at what bodyfat% you are now.
hard to tell, but by looks and according to that navy calculation i am at around 13%

> It worked splendidly for me, I was at maybe 12-13% BF and stopped at I wanna say just below 10%.

how long did it take you to lose those 3% ?

One Last question - Why should i go low carb? are there any advantages in preserving muscle doing low carb?
>>
I want to get into lifting, but all the gyms near me are filled with machines only. Should I go to one of them anyway?
>>
>>37073566
if you have enough space you could get two dumbells, one barbell, some plates and a door rack to do pullups.
with that stuff you could basically train your whole body.
>>
I guess I'm a skinny fat. Will cardio help lost the fat? Or will only lifting work?
>>
Being forced to squat in the Smith machine like a god damn barbarian right now.

Why does it give me a much bigger pump on my quads?
>>
Should I lift with a cold or focus on resting? I had a pretty bad sore throat but it's getting better now, although my nose is super stuffy and I'm pretty congested. It has made me feel kind of weak.
>>
>>37073689
Cause of the Angle through the fixed plane.
>>
>>37073658
you will lose fat, but lifting burns more and builds you a basic amount of muscle, which will also burn more calories.
>>
>>37073658
Mix both. Complexes can be the way to go.
>>
Hey /fit/ I'm looking to do mixed cardio on my off days. I plan on doing LISS cardio some days and HIIT other days. I pretty much have what I'll do for LISS but my question is,

Does anyone have any bodyweight HIIT routines to do?

I have a pull up bar and dip rings and am not a beginner for reference
>>
>>37073951
Well I swim too. I'm not really looking to build muscle, just lose my stomach fat.

>>37073960
Not a part of a gym and don't really want to pay for it.
>>
How many calories does 100grs of skinless chicken breast have?

Some apps says it's 110, other 150, other, 130... I need to know the exactly!!
>>
>>37074171
depends on the chicken :^)
>>
>>37074171
How quickly are you wanting to lose weight? You could take an optimistic or pessimistic view and pick accordingly.
>>
A dumbbell kind of landed hard on my chest a few days ago when I was doing incline bench. It now is uncomfortable when I take a deep breath or try to exert myself. Should I still bench today?
>>
>>37074382
You should see a fucking doctor. It sounds like you've broken your sternum
>>
>>37074168
Get one Barbell or adjustable dumbell, maybe used.
>>
How important is protein intake really?

i have stopped eating animal products for the last 6 months, i get 100-150g a day of protons and i weigh 95kg. My lifts have been going up better than ever before, i have added 20kg to my DL max in the last 4 months alone.
>>
>>37074419
Even if I did fracture it there's nothing you do for it. I think it's more likely I just strained it since there isn't that much tenderness
>>
Should I lift with a cold or focus on resting? I had a pretty bad sore throat but it's getting better now, although my nose is super stuffy and I'm pretty congested. It has made me feel kind of weak.
>>
>>37074448
I think protein is mostly a scam perpetrated by the meat/supplement markets. Look at gorillas. All they eat are bananas and they are strong as fuck
>>
>>37074075
P-pls respond ;_;
>>
>>37072388
>>37071639
Bump pls
>>
>>37074197
I think I'll go with 130 cal per 100grs, it's in the middle of what both apps says.
>>
>>37074075
Sprinting: 30 secs on 2.30 rest up to 10 sets

Burpees: Plus one on the Minute

Air squats plus Push ups
>>
>>37071639
It could create an inbalance.

Maybe try it with band pull aparts and some light rows as supersets for your push excercises.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.