[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 51

File: basedklokov.jpg (90KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
basedklokov.jpg
90KB, 612x612px
Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread

Edition Edition
>>
Repost

>>37028710
What do you guys think of just doing ab roller? The exercise I was doing was holding a weight on an incline and holding my position when I'm parallel to the ground for 5 seconds.
>>
Is there a strength standards website that takes height into account? So I know what a 6' tall man should be lifting if he is intermediate, regardless if i am bulking or not?
>>
Redpill me on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
>>
File: 60yo Rippetoe 227kg DL.webm (1MB, 577x563px) Image search: [Google]
60yo Rippetoe 227kg DL.webm
1MB, 577x563px
>>37028943

No because weight and limp proportions are more important. And since it's impossible to base it on proportions, they use weight alone.

>>37028795

You'll be fine.
>>
>>37028967
narrow stance, i must be doing it right
>>
>>37028967
Now who would take advice from this fat dyel looking balding mofo
>>
>>37028967
>No because weight and limp proportions are more important. And since it's impossible to base it on proportions, they use weight alone.
It's kind of silly really, because if you're a tall guy with a large frame, your organs, bones etc. are gonna up your weight a lot.

I'm auschwitz as fuck at 105kg for instance, but that doesn't mean I can lift as much as a 180cm manlet at same weight.
>>
>>37028728
Im having a pain in my hipflexor during squats. it actually feels better with heavier weight. all other lifts are fine. wat do
>>
>>37028967

>limp proportions

So you prefer showers over growers
>>
>>37028795
Ab roller is great
That and leg raises are my 2 favourite ab exercises

>>37028943
Height is not as big of a factor as weight when comparing lifts
In both powerlifting and weightlifting competitions, competitors are divided by weight class, not height
>>37029043
A taller person will have longer and theoretically larger muscles, yes. But a smaller person can pack more weight onto their smaller frame

>>37028950
Sugar
White bread

>>37029058
Always difficult to diagnose with such little information
But have you tried simply stretching your hip flexors/psoas?

If it's anything like I had, I had pain (during squats) on the very front of my hip flexor, underneath the hip bone.
It ended up being the result of shortened hip flexors and weak glutes. Basically just APT was my problem
>>
Should I quit 4chan if I want to change my life for the better? What resources should I go to as an alternative?
>>
I'm currently doing the /fit/ version of the gslp. The problem is, the plates on the gym I go to uses octagonal plates, which poses an issue on my deadlifts. Is it okay to switch the 1x5+ scheme to 5+x1? If not, what's the better alternative Finding another gym is not a possible option yet since my current gym is already free and I have budget constraints.
>>
>>37029133
Yeah that's my point, taller people get shafted in absolute strength.
>>
>>37029133
thanks. i admittedly don't really stretch just warmups. i have apt and a little bit of lordosis. did you fix it? what stretches do you recommend?
>>
File: Eddie Hall 463kg Deadlift.webm (2MB, 667x600px) Image search: [Google]
Eddie Hall 463kg Deadlift.webm
2MB, 667x600px
>>37029043

Sucks, but you have the advantage of your muscles being bigger.
Just go SHW if you want to be competitive.

>>37029058

Make sure your feet are angled out, and open your knees when descending so that they track over them.
Stretch your hip flexors, glutes, and hamstrings, when you're home.

>>37029072

Growers are lots of fun.
>>
>>37029155
Yes
Quit reading bullshit on the internet in general

Spend more time on hobbies, learning and social life

>>37029161
Last summer I had an internship that offered a gym with those non-round plates (fuck LA fitness).
My solutions was to build a kind of cradle for the bar with other plates. So I would lay flat a plate or two in front of and behind the loaded weight (4 plates+ needed for this)

No matter what you do, you will need to take more time to setup in between reps when deadlifting.
If you really hate it, you could do more SLDLs or maybe do some kind of elevated rack pull to try and mimic a deadlift
>>
How long after i stop taking creatine does the bloat go away? Only taking 5g rn but wanna look prime as possible for an event in july.
>>
File: Justin Lascek RDL.webm (3MB, 631x720px) Image search: [Google]
Justin Lascek RDL.webm
3MB, 631x720px
>>37029161

Deadlift in the power rack, setting the rack safeties just above where the plates would touch, or just do RDLs.
>>
is it okay to have different sets and rep counts for different exercises?
>>
I am 18 and looking to cut to into twink mode
I have eaten 2500-2700 calories to gain weight successfully
Since I am young how many calories should I get on a cut?
2200-2300?
>>
>>37029202
Yeah I already am SHW.

Nowhere near being competitive though, but I also have a young training age and am only around 122kg.
>>
Outside of the creatine, vitamins and BCAA'a in my protein what else is agood vbesides zinc znd magneium to add to my supplement intake?
>>
>>37029165
Not necessarily though. Some of the strongest lifters are tall individuals. It's more about anthropometry than absolute height

Why the fuck are you even worried about this? Just lift faggot

>>37029195
IMO the key to fixing any posture issue is understanding what is actually wrong
exrx.net/Kinesiology/Posture.html
So you should see that the main issue is shortened hip flexors and weak glutes. An easy issue to have since we are sitting more than ever.
Glute bridges, even just bodyweight. Treat it like a stretch and squeeze and hold. Do these every day for warmup and stretching afterwards
Stretch hip flexors every day too and do it right with good form. Also google coach/death stretch and start doing that. As with any stretch, start light and work into it and stretching ocld muscles is gnerally not a good idea
Also, make sure to be stretching your quads too and don't neglect hamstrings

>>37029286
Yes, of course.
Compounds with form degradation do better with lower reps and isolations should always be kept to 8+ reps
Volume is a major variable in training/routine

>>37029308
Read the sticky
Learn what TDEE means
Post angus
>>
>>37029286
Yes of course, the 3x5, 5x5 etc. schemes for beginners are only so because it's the most effective and simple solution.
>>
>>37029340
If you have a good diet, you don't really need any supplements
>>
>>37029368
Yes of course the tallest lifters are the strongest, but that's ABSOLUTE not RELATIVE strength.

I personally am not worried, but the guy that posted the initial question was.
>>37028943
Oh, and don't worry about arbitrary strength standards, you're intermediate once you can no longer progress on a week to week basis.
>>
File: Klokov 205kg Snatch.webm (2MB, 605x460px) Image search: [Google]
Klokov 205kg Snatch.webm
2MB, 605x460px
>>37029286

Read the "routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

>>37029265

A couple of days should be more than enough, really.

>>37029340

Food
>>
>>37029340
You don't need any of that stuff if you just eat a good diet adjusted for ancestry.
>>
>>37029267
>>37029223

I'm actually considering rack pulls, but I'm afraid that the safeties might bend since they're circular/cylindrical (idk how to call them).

RDLs or SLDLs? I thought those were bad on the back and hits more legs than back. Or what I'm saying is just broscience?
>>
>>37029422
>RDLs or SLDLs? I thought those were bad on the back and hits more legs than back. Or what I'm saying is just broscience?
It's only bad if your back is too weak to maintain proper posture. Otherwise they are some of the best possible hamstring exercises.
>>
File: Deadlift Megathread.png (2MB, 1230x8280px) Image search: [Google]
Deadlift Megathread.png
2MB, 1230x8280px
>>37029422

Safeties are not gonna bend, but you can bend the bar if you drop it on them. So be nice when lowering it if you're gonna use the rack, or just use a bar that's already a bit bent.

As for the variations, you can read on the details on pic related.
>>
>finally put in the time and dedication to start making a positive change in my body
>stretch marks immediately appear on arms
JUST
>>
>>37029422
>safeties might bend
Not your problem m8. The bar is more likely to bend if you crash it down on the safeties anyways, bars are not meant to take point contact like that

Variations are no worse than regular deadlifts on the back. Everything is bad if you use shitty technique/posture. But it is true that they (should) put more focus on the hamstrings

>>37029484
Shit happens bruh. Don't bulk too fast if you don't want them
>turning down gains
>>
While I was walking home from the gym late at night tonight a woman in front of me started lightly running the moment she looked back and saw me 30 feet behind her. I feel like yelling "you think that's a reasonable getaway pace" just made things worse, what should I have done, and should I avoid late night pumps from now on?
>>
>>37029133
>Ab roller is great
>That and leg raises are my 2 favourite ab exercises
Do you have nice abs though?
>>
How do I get into a gym if none of my friends lift and I'm a poorfag?
>>
Posted this in another thread, but got no replies, so here goes.

>been doing 5X5 SL for about a month now
>keep rounding my back during deadlifts
>able to do the other lifts in the proper form
>felt pain in my lower back yesterday after trying

Should I just stop trying to do deadlifts, or maybe deload until I get the form right? Even after speaking to a personal trainer to get the form down, I'm still not doing it right.
>>
File: muhabscropped.png (47KB, 148x155px) Image search: [Google]
muhabscropped.png
47KB, 148x155px
>>37029718
I'm bigger, stronger and also fatter now
pls no bully

>>37029721
By getting your priorities in order paying them with money
Get a fucking job

>>37029711
You hsould've ran after her at the same pace
>>
>>37029711
Catch up to her and forcefully squat her. That'll teach her from trying to stop you from achieving your gains.
>>
>>37029480
>Important to note, you should NEVER completely replace the main conventional deadlift for any variation
>suggested the RDLs

c'mon trappy I trusted you. But I'm still reading on...
>>
File: 20160424_111433.jpg (284KB, 1200x1131px) Image search: [Google]
20160424_111433.jpg
284KB, 1200x1131px
>>37029814
Well, fuck, I'm stuck then. I'll do ab rollers but I don't think I'm going to make progress
>>
>>37029711
You should have run up on her till you were right on her heels, then sprinted past her, saying something along the lines of DYER
>>
>>37029897
Just try a bunch of exercises and see which ones you like best
exrx.net/Lists/ExList/WaistWt.html
Don't forget teh heavy squats and deads meme
>>
>>37029847

I mean, he's in a pretty shitty situation.
Exceptions I guess.
>>
>>37029936
Thank you.
>>
>>37029847
People who have lifted a while tend to do multiple variations of each lift for their training.

I rarely do my comp deadlift in training, I do straight leg deadlifts, block pulls, sumo deadlifts, good mornings etc. on any given day.
>>
>>37029948
>>37029958
>>37029670

Can I warm up with RDLs and do 3 to 5x1 of conventional DLs as working sets? Or is this too much?
>>
>>37030088
Do you mean 5 singles or just a set of 5? If all you're doing is a set of 5 I'll assume you're kind of a novice and thus do not need any other variations.

And I personally don't do more than one deadlift type in a day, though I might do good mornings on the same day.
>>
>>37030088
You can do whatever teh fuck you want mayne
Although I don't see why you wouldn't just pick one and follow through with it

Try out the cradle thing I mentioned in the earlier post too, it worked for me well enough

>>37030117
Refer to his original post >>37029161
>>
>>37030117
>>37030088
Oh, and either way, warming up with another exercise rather than just sets of the same exercise with full range of motion is kind of silly.

Personally I prefer not to do a huge amount of reps for warm up, preferring instead to focus on full range of motion and muscle activation.
>>
>>37030179
>>37030088
A set doesn't need to be completed as fast as humanly possibly either, taking a few seconds to reposition is not an issue.
>>
File: THANK YOU BASED GOD.png (374KB, 640x608px) Image search: [Google]
THANK YOU BASED GOD.png
374KB, 640x608px
If I lifted at 1am, would my body be okay for another workout of like, just moderate cardio at around 2pm?
>>
>>37030239
Cardio yes, lifting probably if you slept well in-between.
>>
>>37030117
5 singles. I'm unable to do a decent 1x5+ for DLs since the gym I go to only has octagonal plates which fucks up my setup no matter how good my form is.

>>37030201
>>37030179
>>37030212
Yeah I guess I'll just do the cradle thing. Thanks guys. Wish me luck and gains.

>>37030088
Shamelessly checking my own dub-dubs.
>>
>>37029133
but if i'm 6 foot and someone else is 5'5'', and we lift the same amount, i'm the better lifter
>>
>>37030767

No, he's the better lifter. You should be lifting way more than him.
>>
>>37028728
what do you think of my May routine for this month?.
alternating days: A, cardio, B, Cardio, etc

Everything with Dumbbells, because it's all I have.

Workout A - core exercises
1. Curl and Press
2. Cross grip gobbler squat
3. Pullovers
4. Farmer Carriers
5. Thrusters
6. Tripod Rows

Workout B - esthetics exercises
1. 1 and a half lateral raises
2. Cheat Curls
3. Underhand chest press
4 hanging leg raises
5 weighted lounges
6. reverse curls
>>
File: 1461978805476s.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1461978805476s.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
Quick Question:

I intermittent fast, for 24 hours. one giant meal. I don't care to lift. I'm an average person and this is only for cutting purposes.

It's been very successful. However I want to start doing daily cardio to help expedite the process as i'm nearing my goal. It's getting exponentially harder to lose fat.

Knowing that i'm fasting for 24 hours at a time, insulin should be incredibly low towards the end of fast, while HGH should be elevated.

What is the optimal time to do, about an hour of cardio per day? the answer may be different depending on intensity. LISS? HIIT?

I assume it's best to do the cardio just prior to breaking fast, but not sure. Advice?
>>
>>37030948

I'd say do cardio close to or right before you have the meal, because if you do cardio early you will have to endure all the extra hours of painful caloric deficit and hunger.
And since you don't care about performance, only weight loss, doing cardio with low energy shouldn't be much of an issue, and you'll be eating right after so you won't be dying inside for hours.

PS: This post is not an endorsement of intermittent fasting.
>>
Jobs question: I hate mine, & I hate where I am right now. Should I quit while applying to new jobs in the new area i ll be moving to?
>>
>>37031040
i love you trappy c:

does the timing have anything to do with making it more effective? I only ask because most people say do fasted cardio
>>
>>37031064
No...give them your two weeks after you accept an offer in writing....
>>
i notice the first thing that feels sore after squat is the hamstring behind my legs. What exercises can I do to make these bad boys lot stronger and not sore often.
>>
I just hit 2plate squats today and both my fucking hips really hurt. Which sucks because it was kind of easy.

The most likely cause of this that I read is weak glutes. Which makes sense since only my quads and hips "hurt" after squats. My hips are compensating for weak glutes.

I'm going to cut out squatting for a while. What exercises can I do to bring my ass in line?

I've seen glute bridges, and I figured I'd do a bunch of leg curls. What else can I do for a couple of weeks? Rack pulls?
>>
File: squat open knees stretch.png (315KB, 952x558px) Image search: [Google]
squat open knees stretch.png
315KB, 952x558px
>>37031182

Squat and Deadlift

>>37031073

Honestly, you can min-max this a lot, but it really comes down to calories in, calories out.
There are studies showing fasted cardio is "better" to burn fat, but there are many other considerations you have to take in consideration, to the point where I really wouldn't worry about it and just do what will work easier during an intermittent fasting cut.
Doing it before the meal has the downside of not allowing much intensity during the cardio (and intensity can be good for increasing your metabolism during the rest of the day), but at least you're not gonna spend the entire day dying of hunger.

Make sure you're drinking enough water. And keep in mind water weight affects weighing with a scale a lot.

>>37031293

Leg curls are for the hamstrings, not the glutes.
For glutes, barbell hip thrusts.
Rack pulls are good too, but they're not an isolation specifically for the glutes and will also work your hamstrings and back.

Your pain is probably not because of the glutes though. It's likely bad form (which can cause impingement at the hip or anterior femoral glide) and maybe bad mobility (which can cause strain on the hip flexors).

Most issues with anterior hip pain from squats is fixed with:
Point your toes out at an angle and shove your knees open when you go down, so that they track over your feet. (see pic related) Widening your stance can also help if you're squatting too narrow.
Do warmup sets before lifting heavy.
Do mobility drills before warmup sets.
Do stretching for the hip flexors, quads, glutes, and hamstrings when you're home.
>>
Any benefits to taking glucosamine right after lifting?
>>
File: 20160503_104050.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160503_104050.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Saw this posted in the locker room, anyone ever try carnitine? Does it deliver?
>>
>>37028728
Should I use chalk or straps? What's the differences?
>>
>>37031429
funny how you post that, literally as I am preparing a drink of matcha tea, caritine and stevia.

does it deliver? I honestly and truly believe so.
the small issue with this question is that I don't have a biological twin to control and test against.

But I've been very successful in losing fat while using both of these together. I was skeptic of matcha but, it's life. caffeine is a joke.
>>
>>37031371
I do all of that, and I keep my knees over my feet in very wide stance. In addition I also do Kelly Starlet's stretching everytime and pull as hard as I can on my ankles while stretching my legs. I was literally pulling my ankles really hard into the deepest squat position ever before I squatted as well.

Like I said, the only thing that adds up is weak glutes. Which I don't feel any activation in when I squat.
>>
>>37031429
If you decide to go for it, make sure to get L-caritine, and in powder form as it is in its purest form. You don't need very much per serving. I bring this up because I noticed your image said that it's served in a juice bar. that sounds like a meme. do it right.
>>
File: 1462318103101.jpg (81KB, 1080x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1462318103101.jpg
81KB, 1080x1200px
Is there anything I can do at home that would guarentee that I wouldn't be lifting just the bar when I finally get the courage to go to the gym?

I went a few times with a friend and a girl legitimately giggled at my low weight. I'm not trying to go and do 200 my first lifts, but 15/25/30 would be nice. Any way to get that foundation in?

Pic related, I don't want her making fun of me ;_;
>>
>>37031429
please believe me when i say my college exercise and cellular physiology course said carnitine is a meme. basically it does serve fat burning function physiologically, which is why it is marketable, but taking it as a supplement does not increase the natural rate of this function.
at least that's what college taught me.
>>
>>37031502
body weight
>>
File: 1442194985302_1.webm (302KB, 280x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442194985302_1.webm
302KB, 280x480px
>>37031448

Chalk to develop grip strength and your forearm muscles.
Straps if you're too tired to hold the bar anymore even with mixed grip or hook grip.

Or if you're a huge faggot like me and want to have smooth hands for handjobs and not develop your forearm muscles, use straps all the time. kekkk

>>37031473

Maybe your stance is too wide, then. kek
Or you just need to work on your mobility.

I really doubt you can get to 2pl8 squat and have the glutes be so weak as to cause such an issue, but well, it doesn't hurt to make them stronger either.

And don't do static stretching before lifting as that can actually increase the chance of injury. Focus on dynamic stretching and mobility drills (like high front-back/side-to-side leg raises or hip circles).
Static stretching the ankles and wrists is fine though, if you need it.

>>37031502

No one will laugh at your weights, it's in your head.
The girl giggled because she found you attractive.

>>37031429

It's a meme to make $$$
>>
File: Deadlift - gripping the bar.png (296KB, 1181x705px) Image search: [Google]
Deadlift - gripping the bar.png
296KB, 1181x705px
>>37031448

Also, pic related.
>>
>>37031502
Don't be a fucking pussy. Go to the gym and be a fucking alpha you sorry pussyface
>>
>>37031502
I started lifting weights when I could do 5 one handed elevated pushups. Which helped with my bench as I did 225 on the second day. Also started at 135 for ohp.

My legs are shit though. Do a lot of body weight squats and grab a backpack and throw heavy shit in there and do some more when you progress. Do pushups everyday as well or at the least every second day. When that starts getting easy and you get bored of doing sets of 30 or 50 or whatever, start banging out elevated pushups. Also do tricep pushups as well.

A good thing to buy that I bought and never use except when I need a pump is those stackable resistance bands. They should include exercises for every body part in the kit. That will carry you pretty far as well. You can do every exercise, they take up zero space, and you can stack them for more "weight".

Also pullup bar.

Then when you feel good enough because I know this is a confidence issue and not as simple as "just go no one cares", you can go to the gym. Or do what I did and build a power rack in your garage with a 415 pounds of weights and never step foot in a gym while overworking yourself.
>>
>>37031548

> No one will laugh at your weights, it's in your head.
> The girl giggled because she found you attractive.

T-thank you based trappy-chan
>>
I kinda fucked up a muscle on my leg doing squats the other day. It's not bad enough to warrent going to the doctor, but I probably shouldn't squat for the next week or so. What are some other things I can do instead.

The muscle that I fucked up is on the top part of my leg that connects to the hip.
>>
>>37028728
Recovering hamplanet here. 6'1, was 300, now 190.

I am doing SS. My problem is mobility and flexibility in my hips, hams, etc... I cannot so a lower than parallel squat.

I'm stretching and working those muscles every day. Shall I continue with the best possible squat, with the limited range? I get to about 60 degrees, with 90 being parallel to the floor (and I want to get to -30). Should I squat with moderate weight (for me, around 225) until I get the mobility and flexibility?
>>
>>37031548
fapping with my callouses has been problematic before
>>
When you get head, does the girl actually SUCK on your dick? I got some head last night where the girl sucked it and it fuckin hurt, like I was bruising the capillaries in my cock or something. I'm used to girls just simulating a vagina with their mouth, but she seemed to think sucking was a normal thing.
Thoughts?
>>
>>37031732
Jebus. I want to get to 120, not -30. Math fail.
>>
>>37031732
perhaps try to do box squats set up to your lowest comfortable height. stretch outside of doing squats. that's what i'd do
>>
>>37031502
I think you should just man up and go to the gym
>>
>>37031760
Loaded? With progression?
>>
>>37031448
Depends entirely on the context. I use both for different things.
>>
>>37031782
stopping your squat above parallel keeps most of the weight tension on your knees, which isn't healthy for those joints. the purpose of going lower is to shift the load to the hips.
sitting momentarily on a box alleviates this as well.
of course a deep squat would be ideal, but everyone's proportions are different, as well
>>
Could it be that I have pulled a muscle if there wasn't any acute pain but that I developed swelling the next day? Or is it something else?
>>
So I think I might have bicep tendonitis in my right arm. Sometimes I feel discomfort when doing overhead pulling movements (some variations of latpulldowns, pull-ups - neutral grip pullups feels better). Never an issue on pushing movements. I don't know how to describe the feeling I have when I dig into my bicep with my fingers. It is like I can find some very tough sinew-feeling part of my bicep which I can't in my other side. Anyone else who has had bicep issues who can tell me something?
>>
File: paige-hathaway.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
paige-hathaway.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>37028728
If you take steroids before your near your genetic max, do you maintain any gains? Anyone with experience?
>>
>>37031746
>backstage in the bathroom
>girl got a mouth like a vacuum
>>
File: fpBgale.jpg (156KB, 600x761px) Image search: [Google]
fpBgale.jpg
156KB, 600x761px
the squat is the most inconsistent lift for me. some days they feel fine, other days they feel awkward. for some reason on >135s, the barbell leans forward, hurting my knees, and my torso leans forward, on the bottom. How do i fix this?
my mental cues are:
bend the bar
draw ribs down/tighten abs,
inflate obliques
spread the floor apart <-||-> (to tighten glutes)
hips back, sit down to parallel or below
hips forward to get back up
chest up.

how do i prevent the bar from leaning forward? my heel doesn't come off the floor, but i can feel the added pressure on the knees, especially left knee.
>>
Am I correct in understanding the romanian deadlift as something like a hip thrust but standing up?
>>
I'm completely new to the weight-lifting aspect of fitness. Should I find a pre-made routine, or make one for myself? How do I go about doing either of those things?

I posted in another thread about this a few days ago, but decided fuck it, I'm working out, so sorry for the redundancy, but I do have some quirks: 1.) I'm female, 2.) I'm 5'0", 3.) I lost most of my muscle mass a couple years ago and only gained the bare minimum back. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I just do fewer sets for now to accommodate being way weaker than the average woman?

It'd be a dream if someone could slap together a routine for me and it not be a shitpost, but that might be asking for a bit much.

I just want to be stronk, with an emphasis on ass and legs.
>>
>>37032348
I forgot to mention I only have two 5 lbs. dumbbells and they can really give me the business. I'm willing to buy a couple heavier ones, but I'm not ready for a gym membership yet.
>>
>>37032348
>female
>ass and legs emphasis
Find a pre-made routine. I recommend one of Contreras strong curves routines, you can find an epub if you know to pirate ebooks or just look at this workout template which is free and consult with others on how to actually perform the listed exercise.

http://bretcontreras.com/wp-content/uploads/Strong-Curves-Workout-Templates.pdf

Don't worry too much about following the routine that closely for the exercises that are unfamiliar. I'm on week 9 of Gorgeous Glutes. There's a really good trick that lets you use the prone leg curl machine for weighted glute bridges which is way easier than getting set up for a barbell glute brudge. Search youtube for that.

and please be in NJ/Philly so I can have a training partner that wants to grow sexy ass and legs together and we can make dudes 'mire.
>>
>>37032416
Oops I didn't see this post.

Look into goblet squats (which can be done with dumbbells) and that same PDF I linked. There's a body weight program in there too.
>>
>>37032348
Bags of gravel or sand are cheap. Grab some and do sandbag lunges.
>>
>>37032233
How is your elbow position? If your elbows are pointing backwards that can cause you to tilt forward. Instead try to get them more under the bar.
Something you can try that is a bit more unconventional is to put a board under your feet so your heels and toes aren't touching the floor. That way you'll notice immediately whenever you don't have the weight over your midfoot like you're supposed to.

Could also be that back squats are too difficult for you at this point. How do your goblet squats look and feel?

>>37032250
More or less. If you focus on the back and forward movement of your hips, rather than trying to lift the weight up and down, you're good.

>>37032348
Trying to come up with your own "routine" is THE #1 beginner mistake. Get on a proven program.
And join a gym. There are other ways but the gym is by far the most effective and efficient - anything else is just shortchanging yourself.
>>
I get the calories in, calories out thing
but I was wondering if you'd eat meals full of fiber versus meals with little fiber, wouldn't you lose weight faster with the meals full of fiber even if they have the same amount of calories?
>>
>>37032447
ah, i a definite problem is my elbows flaring outwards. ill try to keep them pointing down against my lats.

i do goblet squats for warm up, and they're fine. explosive, good form.

i'm doing the sl5x5 program. and my squats are supposed to be at 180 5x5
>>
how effective is doing a tricep extension and bicep curl at the same time for hypertrophy gains

no weight or anthing
>>
File: 1459555347293.jpg (45KB, 291x280px) Image search: [Google]
1459555347293.jpg
45KB, 291x280px
I'm having difficulty losing weight. I'm keeping under 2000 calories a day according to MyFitnessPal, working out almost every day (doing SS), but I feel like I'm making 0 progress. I hear EC stack is good for fat cutting, are there any other supplements I can try? Currently taking Omega-3 and creatine.
>>
Semi fitness related. Can someone link me a video to where Jason is saying "it sickening it piss"?
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (108KB, 757x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
108KB, 757x1000px
>>37032233
>tfw i went on a walk in fagcentral, seattle and stumbled upon his and his son's graves
>>
>>37032596
You mean... just moving your arm?

>>37032746
If you're not losing weight, an EC stack is not the answer. You need to figure out what you're fucking up.
How heavy are you?
Also, do you just "feel like" you're not making progress or are you in fact not making progress? And how do you measure progress?
>>
>>37032888
>You mean... just moving your arm?
both ways, at the same time.
>>
>>37032888
I am 5'11, weight has gone between 268-273 lbs.

In terms of progress, my lifts are all moving along, my benchpress is the slowest moving. DL up to 165 now after > 1 month of SS.

I know my waist is 2 inches smaller in the last month, made some face gains. I'm trying to keep under 2k calories a day now.
>>
Someone redpill me on MK-677, is it safe for a 20 year old? I honestly just want something that will increase my appetite and people report that happening as a side effect
>>
>>37032907
And you're asking if this is effective for hypertrophy? Are you some kind of idiot?

Seriously though, resistance is resistance so as long as you can tense your muscles hard enough it can actually provide a training stimulus, theoretically speaking. Many bodybuilders claim that their posing training contributes to their physique development for this reason.

But effective? No. Pretty fucking far from effective.

>>37032922
If you've lost 2 inches off your waist in just one month, how can you say progress is non-existant? That's excellent progress.
Don't try to rush your weightloss. That's never a good idea. As long as things are moving in the right direction, slow and steady wins the race.

In fact, being impatient is among the worst traits you can have regardless of whether you're trying to cut down or build muscle or increase your strength.

>>37032943
That is objectively speaking a terrible idea. You really think the cost and potential risks are worth it just to MAYBE see a slight increase in fucking.... APPETITE. How about you grow a spine instead?
>>
>>37032958
ok, what about hands together, one arm doing triceps, the other doing a curl.

im not going to do any of this shit, just pondering. the hypertrophy bit just came out as i was typing
>>
carb cycling, does it work for losing fat?

ive had success with a normal deficit im just curious
>>
Does it ever get better?
>>
>>37033076
Yes, but only if you stop waiting around and take action.
>>
>>37033007
as long as your refeed day doesnt put you so far over your maintenance that you've eaten back everything you lost, yes
>>
Forearm area close to elbow on outer side hurts when I squat and continues for rest of workout. What do?
>>
I'm currently trying to decide what the fuck routine to do for my next bulk. I have only a few pounds left to shed and I'm currently doing easy strength by Tsatouline and Dan John.

I'm liking the look of German Volume Training, the Russian Bear (done this once before with good results) and the Delorme Method. If any lads have any experiences to share with GVT or DM, I'd appreciate your insights.

Also, my main question - is GVT a waste of time for natties? Its volume is high and each muscle group has its own day per week...normally this tells me that you need to be on gear to tackle it effectively.

Thanks
>>
>>37030948
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period
>>
File: 1461950987966.jpg (215KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1461950987966.jpg
215KB, 640x960px
What should I write in my tinder bio?
>>
>>37033804

You'd probably benefit a hell of a lot more on gear, but I've seen variations on GVT (basically repackaging it as a four day upper/lower or push/pull split) work in the short term for drug-free guys.

It's not actually that high volume overall, but it is also a routine that seems to benefit from the lifter being strong but kind of detrained to volume.
>>
>>37033836
thanks
>>
>>37033850
That's good, after the crazy volume of the Russian Bear, I am probably detrained to volume. Can you point me in the direction of any these variations you've come across that seem to work well for natural lifters?
>>
>>37033881

I can't point to a website, because the variation I've seen was from a local coach written up as an answer to the repeated problem of someone coming off low volume strength programs and hitting a wall because they just didn't have the mass to back up their technique and such.

This is just sketching it out, but it was something like:
ABxCD

A
OHP strength work
DB bench 10x10
Cable row 10x10
1-2 isolations

B
Squat strength work
RDL 10x10
Leg extensions 10x10
1-2 isolations

C
Bench strength work
DB press 10x10
Lat pulldowns 10x10
1-2 isolations

D
Deadlift strength work
Leg press 10x10
Leg curls 10x10
1-2 isolation lifts

The strength work was just a couple of semi-heavy sets on the lift to stay in the groove (although I have seen versions that started with a 5x5 or 8x3, which I can only assume would be utterly brutal on recovery). The exact lift used for the 10x10 stuff probably doesn't matter much so long as you can do it safely.

Fair warning though: the soreness, particularly hamstring soreness off the RDLs or similar, can be really bad if you're coming off low volume work.
>>
File: 1462128388445.png (501KB, 506x380px) Image search: [Google]
1462128388445.png
501KB, 506x380px
I'm not flexible enough for ass to grass and I want(need) a strong filled out core
Pls help
>>
>>37033947
holy shit. well, it looks like a challenge if nothing else. i'll save this somewhere and decide whether its for me later. one last thing if you have the time, what kind of percentages of 1RM, 5RM etc are we looking at for each of the strength lifts, on say 3x5? should it be pushing 90%+ of 5RM or is it more of a groove type thing? i assume the intensity needs to be varied as well
>>
>>37033966
most of the issues in restricted squat ROM are hip, adductor and hamstring mobility issues. you could probably get ass to grass without ankle mobility work unless you are especially tight there.

look up Kit Laughlin's hamstring lunge stretch, couch stretch for hips and straddle or beginner side split type stretches for adductors. also familiarize yourself with PNF stretching. simple concept, stretch the muscle to the end of its ROM so it feels tight as fuck, then flex the muscle hard with a constant force until the stretch feeling subsized, then breathe out and fall into the stretch more. kit laughlin goes into this for the hamstrings but it can be applied to any stretch so long as you're careful about your form. its important to breathe deeply and calmly and allow yourself to be loose, even if your mind is screaming.

best of luck. by doing these for decently long intervals (10 deep breaths in and out for each at least) you'll be flexible enough for pretty much any lift in about a month, so long as you commit to it.
>>
>>37033976

Its mostly a groove thing, from what I remember, so basically heavy enough that you need to do it properly but light enough that you're not getting slow let alone grinding. Its estimating, but I used a couple sets of triples at around 80% of my 1RM. The exact number isn't super important though.

You don't really need to cycle the intensity on preplanned setup or anything because you're not pushing the limits and this training block isn't meant to be about peaking your main lifts. You just move it about based on how good or shitty your day is.
>>
>>37034019
alright, noted everything you've said, thanks a ton.
>>
I fucked up my elbow by missing the rack with one end of the bar after a set of squats and now it hurts when I lift.

The pain dies down to not even noticable shortly (like hour or less) after I stop lifting.

How long should I wait to go back to the gym?
>>
>>37028728
if im a skinnyfat doing SS, should i eat at maintenance to lose the fat?

my stomach is fucking disgusting, but it's literally the only fat i have on my body. i know from genetics that its the only place it's going to be, and as my abs are getting stronger it's just sticking out further.
>>
Are Fitbit's worth getting, I was thinking of shelling out some dosh for a surge to try and keep track of my shit but I don't know if the thinks are even accurate.
>>
>>37028728
how am I supposed to get out of the keto diet? Do I need to gradually increase my intake of carbs or can I just change my diet completely from one day to another?
>>
i went biking for <10km and i haven't biked or jogged or anything for a long time and afterwards it felt like my legs couldn't support me properly when i descended some stairs. i know it's normal but what does it say about me?
>>
>>37034232
>i know it's normal but what does it say about me?
it says you dont train your legs often and that your cardiovascular condition is shit so lactic acid wrecks your shit.train more often.
>>
>>37034232
>what does it say about me?
nothing much useful. if you want to avoid it, bike more.
>>
>>37034243
>>37034249
i hardly even got out of my apartment during winter but biking makes me feel like i have wind beneath my wings
>>
>>37034225
>how am I supposed to get out of the keto diet?
stop going on le leddit and listening to retards on this board
>>
>>37034265
you are the wind beneath my wings anon
>>
>>37034297
*farts in your general direction*
>>
>>37034225
if you wanna stop keto just come back to eating carbs, you wont feel anything bad, contrary infact, you will feel so good with all these carbs in your blood.
>>
When on a cut, how do you know when you are burning fat?

Is it just that hunger feeling when you're coming up to a meal?

Normally I'm kind of thinking "yeah it's lunch time" but since trying to cut, I get to an hour or two before lunch and am really wanting to eat. Is that right? Or should I have something to stop that hunger crave go away until lunch?
>>
>>37028728
Everytime I see Klokov's face I get a little bit happier
>>
How do I calculate how much fat is being added to my food by the small amount of oil I add when I fry eggs and mushrooms?
>>
can I workout arms and or forearms everyday?
>>
>>37034437
No
>>
>>37034437
no,you need 24-48 hours to recover unless you're on steroids.
>>
can someone rec me a low-ish volume strength routine
>>
>>37034618
4x5 OHP
4x5 squats
3x5 deadlifts
4xF pullups
4x12 rows
>>
>>37029796
yeah bro deload and get your form right. Really focus on turning your chest up before you pull
>>
>>37034645
>strength
>failure
you can keep that
>>
>>37034742
>implying he can do more than 10 reps bodyweight
most people here can barely do 5 dead hang.
>>
>>37034750
its not the rep range i have a problem with, its the failure

why would you go to failure in a strength routine
>>
>>37034759
cause when we're talking about pullups you will always fail quick enough if you use proper form and/or a suitable dumbbell/weight vest if you can do more than 10 perfect pullups.
>>
I hurt my back at the gym "don't remember how" and now it hurts above my left asscheek when I walk. Just got this picture done today, but have to wait on an opinion. Any ideas?
>>
>>37034806
That was meant to be in brackets not speechmarks. Second picture:
>>
>>37034806
>>37034818
need an mri not an xray. sounds like nerve impingement desu pham, you might have ruptured a disc. if you aren't already, you should be resting the fuck out of it.

i blew mine, now im on a 3 year waiting list. ive had to just put up with the pain and lift anyway because i didn't let it heal in the crucial 6 week period - now I have scar tissue across my sciatic nerve and the only fix is surgery.
>>
Going from bulk to cut soon, better to gradually reduce my calories everyday until I reach the TDEE-500 or do I just practically reduce my calories by 1000 from one day to the next?
>>
Fucked up my leg. How to cardio without using my legs?
>>
>>37034906
Well I stopped doing all pulling lifts but recently I had to move so a lot of lifting was done. Atm I barely notice the pain from just walking around the house but for example walking though all of ikea would get very painful very quickly
>>
File: image.jpg (355KB, 1335x1992px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
355KB, 1335x1992px
Just rollin for push ups
>>
Whenever I come out of the hole in the squat I lean a bit forward.I don't have any problems on the way down(as upright as possible),but as soon as I start pushing for the ascent,my chest drops and I good-morning it a bit.Since leg weakness is a common cause,I started doing front squats,I can front squat correctly,but the problem still persists on the back squat.Any help?
>>
Been lifting for 6-7 months (SL 5x5) and most of my lifts are stuck at LMAO1PL8. I guess I don't really know when to add weight. Should I do it as soon as I hit 5x5 on a lower weight? What if I add a small amount of weight but fail on most of my sets (something like 5, 4, 4, 3, 2)? Should I just keep going until I get it or deload until I get stronger? Help.
>>
5 months deep into my cut, should I bump my intake up to maintenance over the next 2 weeks for finals?

Or will it not even improve my focus and just prolong the suffering?
>>
>>37034941
Swim
>>
Lads I'm so conflicted. I've been lifting for 9ish months now but have seen shit progress because I've stupidly spent a total of like 4 months cutting. The reason for this is that when I bulk my stomach balloons massively. Right now I've decided to say fuck it and I'm gonna bulk for a good few months, perhaps until the rest of the year. Is there any way I can minimise belly fat during this?
>>
Is pplppl too much for someone on a cut and only lifting 2 years? On p days I try and work in 30 min of cardio after lifts. My main goal is to build and maintain muscle.

Also
>5"1
>grill
>136 lbs

Cutting at 1500.
>>
>>37035338
I think the best way to gauge this is to literally watch both the scale and your health. The minute your mental or physical status starts going downhill, either eat to balance energy expenditure, or cut back on the cutting.

Actually... that's the same thing.
>>
>>37028728
Okay so for whatever reason the day after I do chest and tris, my lats ]are sore. I know this is because I bench press PL style with a good arch, pinched shoulder blades, and braced feet but what I don't understand is why my chest and tris wait until the day after that to become sore. Like:

>Monday: Chest/Tris
>Tuesday: Lats are sore
>Wednesday: Pecs and Tris are sore
>>
Why am I always tired as fuck in the gym? I always go after breakfast.
>>
>>37035237
9 months is nothing famalam, just keep at it and you'll see progress
>>
>>37031557
Why do you post this all the time, Trappy?

I think holding the bar further in your palm is better for holding onto it, but has the tradeoff of being more likely to fuck your callouses up.
>>
>>37036069
9 months is short? Surely you'd expect some progress by then?
>>
Made a thread but nobody replied:

So, almost every calorie calculator says that the amount of calories I need to eat to maintain is 2600 (If I do nothing strenuous). Makes sense and sounds reasonable. Add 300 kcalories on top of that to clean bulk and another 300 on a gym day. So normal day 2900 ; gym day 3200 kcalories.

These numbers sound reasonable to me. Yet when I enter my activity level on the calculator ( 5-6 hours of, weekly, heavy weight lifting) I get a daily calorie amount somewhere around 3500-4000 EACH DAY. (And add a recovery shake on top of that)

Could someone please explain why the fuck would my calorie intake jump at least 800 calories on a rest day just because I work out 5 days a week. Would be preferred if you backed your reasoning with some sources.

This shit is driving me mad. I want to minimize fat gains on my bulk.
>>
>>37028728
Pretty new to fit, but Ive lost 30lbs so far.

Pertaining to weight lifting. Do I start out with heavier weights and add more reps at the end?
Or work my way up with less reps?
>>
File: tfw plates don't spin.webm (1MB, 693x520px) Image search: [Google]
tfw plates don't spin.webm
1MB, 693x520px
>>37036576

Calculators are not accurate.

>>37036135

It actually makes no difference for grip strength if you hold it down - the bar will just slide down to your fingers anyways.
Remember, grip comes from your fingers, not your palm.
I've explained this in detail on pic related here >>37029480

It's just a mentality thing, once you get used to starting with the bar on your fingers, you'll find it feels great.

>>37035473

Make sure you wait around 1h after eating before starting to lift.
If your problem is simply endurance, do cardio once in a while.

>>37035462

That's how DOMS work. They're Delayed. There's a good article on strengtheory.com

>>37036608

fitsticky.com/starting-strength
fitsticky.com/novice-programs
fitsticky.com/how-to

>>37035002

Fix your ankle mobility by stretching, or wear weightlifting shoes / plates beneath your feet when squatting.
Improve your bracing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw
Deload a bit and focus on improving your form.
And yes, do front squats to balance out your quad and spinal erectors strength.
Keep in mind you might be overthinking it and your leaning might not even be that bad.

>>37035007

Read the "getting stuck and getting unstuck" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs
And do a better program than memelifts

>>37034806
>>37034818

Sounds like the SI joint.
Mark on this pic where you feel the pain https://31.media.tumblr.com/16607e01013c816412f14a0fd7690abf/tumblr_inline_nhsbbnr9zK1t1jx1j.jpg
>>
Hey /fit/, I'm hoping for some advice.

I recently started doing Seans10mm "Stripped" 5x5, which I was doing for a few weeks.

When I talked to my Doctor about it at my check up, he said I should not be doing any more than 25 ibs of weight, to avoid raising my blood pressure. (I think per arm.)

I'm 22, 5'7", and 170, so overweight.
I'm was hoping lose my belly, and overall tone up, and become a bit more attractive.
Unfortunately, I shouldn't do any isometric workouts, or general weight lifting to avoid raising blood pressure, so I'm not really sure where to go.

He said I don't have to worry whatsoever about any kind of cardio, anaerobic, so his advice was just to do only that.

I think swimming is my best option, but I'm not sure what a good swimming plan is.
I liked the stripped 5x5 plan because it was simple, and I could fit it into my schedule easily as it just took about an hour.

TLDR;
I want to get in shape, and lose my belly, but have a medical condition where I shouldn't lift heavy weights. What the best thing I can do?
>>
>>37036749

What's the medical condition that you have?
>>
>>37036787
Heart condition, bicuspid valve.

I've got a good 30-50 years before I have to worry about it currently.
Doctor was pretty clear that I shouldn't be doing isometric work outs.
>>
>>37036718
WOW! Very thorough and insightful reply! THANKS
>>
>>37036822

Listen to your doctor then, but if you wanna read more on this and discuss it with him, you can read these:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0003999395805788
http://jap.physiology.org/content/58/3/785.short
http://jap.physiology.org/content/73/4/1590.short
https://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/35/3/838.full

Swimming is pretty good though, so don't shy away from it if that's the case. You can just join a club or something and take 40min classes a few times per week.
>>
>>37036718

trappy i want to sex you.
not joking that time, i will fly you out to europe.
just tell me when you're free. you'll fly 1st class, obvs.
>>
serious question here, why is mixed grip/hook grip/ straps a thing?
I mean, i've never run into trouble with my grip and cant imagine other people doing so, just close your hands. everybody should easily be able to keep at least 5 plate in his hands with just normal grip.
I mean i get straps if you're doing shit like 1 rep 10 plate DL, you want to test your DL strength not your grip, but cmon if you need straps for three plates you just sack at life.
especially fucking mixed grip guys, here's what a mixed grip spokesman will say: "I like training asymetrically and tearing my biceps"
Also hookgrip 'better crush my thumb' bonaparte
>>
File: 1442194985088.jpg (144KB, 532x658px) Image search: [Google]
1442194985088.jpg
144KB, 532x658px
>>37036941

kek thanks for the invite bby, but I have college and a job to attend to.
>>
File: 1462320814737.jpg (341KB, 1500x641px) Image search: [Google]
1462320814737.jpg
341KB, 1500x641px
I've been eating more and trying to lift heavier, but lately my drive has hit somewhat of a lull. I was thinking about taking three days off to rest, but I'm unsure if I should continue eating as much as I have been for those three days I WON'T be hitting the iron cathedral.

Can anyone tell me how I should go about this?
>>
>>37036984

no worries sweetie
i'll try again in a year's time
if you're still saying "no" in 2017, then i'm flying out to meet _you_ :-)
>>
>>37028967

kek, bald as fuck

time to shave it off, boyo. tour is over.
>>
>>37036929
All these still pretty much say that blood pressure does increase when lifting weights, even if that increase can be reduced a bit.
I don't imagine he's going to change his advice with this, maybe just move the weight limit higher if I followed the breathing techniques, but even if he doubled what he recommended, 50 pounds per arm isn't that much.
I do appreciate you looking it up, thanks, and I will bookmark those.

I know my doctor has lots of experience with these kinds of things, and know what's he talking about.
My blood pressure is already borderline high and he already wants me to send him occasional checks of it.

I do already know how to swim casually, and I think I have a decent enough free style.

I don't think there are any clubs in the area, I'll have to look, but I was hoping I could use my apartments pool.

So far I've found this plan, does it look any good?
http://www.mensfitness.com/training/swim-it

Or am I just not going to be able to do this on my own, and need to find a club?

So I guess that means swimming is going to be the next best thing for getting tone from weight lifting? Are there any other options I can keep in mind?
>>
>>37037100
aside from weight lifting*
>>
I tore a callus on my hand today doing deadlifts and had to end my set early because I started bleeding. I'm doing ss and deadlifting 3 times a week so it won't be healed by the next time I deadlift. Is there anything I can do to cover the tear without compromising my grip, or should I just skip diddlys till its all healed up, which could take a week or so? I use chalk when I deadlift and don't want to use alternate grip
>>
Am I missing any important muscle groups if I only do ohp, deadlift, squat, bench, chinups, lat raises and dips(skull crushers atm, until I get to a reasonable rep count (~8))

Been doing this for about 3 weeks.
>>
I'm >>37037100, and I'm also wondering about diet a bit.

I'm not currently measuring out and counting calories, but I am avoiding any fast food, and mostly eating lean meats, along with sides. I'm not getting much of whole grains though, so I should increase brown rice consumption.

I'm just eating until I feel satisfied, and not stuffing myself.
Is that good enough, or should I also count calories?
>>
File: 20160504_184557.jpg (635KB, 857x1195px) Image search: [Google]
20160504_184557.jpg
635KB, 857x1195px
Apart from current body condition, how fucked am i genetic wise?
>>
File: images.png (16KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
16KB, 470x313px
>>37037258
>weight
I recommend doing some of pic related (I think they're called long barbell rows) to hit the areas of your back that deadlifts and lat raises miss. I'd also alternate chin ups and pull ups. I'm basically doing ss with a few accessories and I do chin ups on bench day and pull ups on ohp day, for example
>>
>>37037527
>>weight
Ignore that, it was a mistake lol
>>
gf wants to start lifting. she's weak af and knows literally nothing about it. what kind of program should I put her on? been thinkingabout full body with a lot of emphasis on legs.
>>
>>37037100
I just noticed the plan I found has pushups and crunches ,which I also shouldn't be doing.

Are there any /fit/ approved swim plans without isometric exercise?
>>
Is a 1/2 a lb a week cut too slow if you just want to lose 20lbs?
>>
>>37037776
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>>
>>37037810
It's fine if you're 6'0" and a lean and muscular 180 trying to get vascular.
>>
>>37037841
anyone with helpful advice?
>>
New to the board and looking to get rid of around 40 kg, any tips?
>>
>>37036718
Thanks for the reply.I already use oly shoes,one issue in particular is that I feel a pinch in front of my left ankle.(I sprained it once)
>>
>>37037920
Eat less food
>>
>>37037527
They're called t-bar rows
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nhsbbnr9zK1t1jx1j.jpg (51KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nhsbbnr9zK1t1jx1j.jpg
51KB, 400x500px
>>37036718
>https://31.media.tumblr.com/16607e01013c816412f14a0fd7690abf/tumblr_inline_nhsbbnr9zK1t1jx1j.jpg

Pain is here
>>
>>37037957
How to fix butt wink? Is it as simple as stretching your hamstrings?
>>
>>37037983
Didn't meant to reply to the post above
>>
I bought some adjustable dumbbells last year. Is it worth upgrading to 18'' bars. Given 14'' is the standard, ideal for non olympic weights. Just that I would get 20'' bars for olympic weights but worry about my weights not fitting.
>>
>>37037920
S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
Why do I feel dizzy and like im going to throw up after deadlifts?
>>
>>37038062
Youre probably not breathing properly. All that strain is causing blood to rush to your head and if you dont have enough oxygen in your bloodstream then you're going to get lightheaded
>>
What audiobooks are good for cardio? Say a moderate 40 minute cycle, something not too taxing as to disrupt my pace. I've been reading some Murakami recently and enjoy his style of writing. Don't know if that'll translate to a good audiobook though.
>>
How do you warm up properly?

I'm doing SS. I can squat 225 for 3 sets of 5. However, I can't warm up with the bar, and then jump right to 225. I usually do 1 set of 95, 1 set of 135, 1 set of 185, and then go to my 3x5 @ 225.

I'd like to find a more effective way to warm up if at all possible, but I don't want to get injured. When I get to 3 plate I don't want to do 10 sets just for my warm up.
>>
File: okay.gif (61KB, 469x200px) Image search: [Google]
okay.gif
61KB, 469x200px
What's a good length of time for a clean bulk? At what point do you start to put on too much fat?
>>
6'0 145 lbs skeleton.

been doing SS with accessories for a month now. getting enough protein, eating enough etc. went into the gym today going for 67.5kg squats and couldn't do more than 60kg. did progress on bench, but then had to go lighter for power cleans. it seems like it's clearly something with my legs.

what did i fuck up? stalling is to be expected, but having to remove 7.5kg is weird.
>>
Whats the opinion on CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) here on /fit/? I bought 90 capsules of it for fat loss with -700 / -500 TDEE.

Half the articles I google praises it, the other half says its worthless.
>>
>>37038419
Could be any number of things. Probably just tired. Try again next workout.
>>
A calorie is a unit of energy from bonds breaking right? So does water produce energy technically. I know its a solvent and its 0 calories, but since its our standard of measurement, does that mean it still has caloric properties?

Like maybe .000000001 calories per gram
>>
>>37038164
Just do 2 or 3 sets at about 70% working weight. As you get stronger, your warm up weight increases too, you don't keep starting with the bar.
>>
>>37037527
thanks
>>
>>37037957
seems like a piriformis tightness.
Do you ever get pain travelling down the leg?
>>
>>37038461
no caloric properties physiologically, since we can't use it to produce ATP or make energy out of it
>>
>>37038419
I've also had problems on my squat on ss. I thought I was eating enough but it turns out I wasnt even close. Be honest with yourself, if youre not getting enough sleep and/or food, there's no point convincing yourself you are. Download myfitnesspal on your phone log everything you eat on there to make sure you really are getting enough food. I stalled and deloaded 3 times before I started actually eating enough about a week ago and just broke my pr today.
>>
>>37038513
On top of this, watch some tutorials for squats on youtube, just to make sure you're not forgetting anything important in your technique
>>
>>37038496
No. It's just a pain right there whenever I walk. I can feel that it's a bone/disc/something poking into me rather than just some muscle pain. It gets worse the more I walk
>>
>>37037957

SI Joint
>>
>>37038635
Just did some reading on SI Joint malfunction and I don't think I get it, they say rest and then some light excercise but it seems like stuff they tell old people to do when they start falling apart. It's been over a month already and my pain is still there strong as ever
>>
>>37038529
i have a hard time stopping myself from going atg. i'm going to the gym in about thirty minutes so i'm going to try not to, but i'm flexible enough to let the weight sink me. as a result my squat is weak and i have to use my lower back too much to get out of the hole
>>
>>37033836
That was a great read. Thanks, anon.
>>
http://www.50pullups.com/

Is this routine any good? My goal is to improve my max rep count with BW
>>
>>37028728
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFewxXeRO20
>>
>>37038777
this is terrible
>>
If the workout plan I follow says, that I should increase the weight I work with, by 2,5kg each time I do a specific workout (for example, I squat everytime I go to the gym, so each time I should add plus 2,5kg). But the gym I go to doesn't have 1,25 kg plates. Is it okay, if I increase the weight by 5 kgs every other time I go to the gym?
>>
Should I go with BCAAs for my martial arts sessions? Will it provide a good boost?
>>
>>37037776
I see a big dude at my gym with his girlfriend all the time. He pretty much has her do the same stuff he does , but with a lot lower weights. Probably only thing I haven't seen them doing is deadlifts.
>>
>>37038796
just do 5 kgs everytime. you'll have to deload on occasion but just go for it. or buy your own 1.25kg weights and take them with you. i've seen people do this at my gym because there are so few of those weights around. same with equipment like head harnesses. this one dude keeps his packed in his gym bag because our gym doesn't have those
>>
>>37038815
are you on keto? if not just eat before
>>
>>37038910
No keto, just wanted a lift that wasn't pre since I use that on lifting days.
>>
guys i have this bad acid reflux.
i know i should use ppi's but i am scared that it might slow down the protein digestion and might bad for muh gainz..
should i use ppi's ? can it affect protein metabolism ? or the pancreatic proteases is enough ?
>>
Pretty old guy here... been lifting pretty hard for about 6-7 months. My calluses are getting pretty horrible. Should I just man up? Or are gym gloves acceptable?
>>
Finishing up SS, but my deadlifts are bizarrely weak. I do them twice a week, leaving recovery time, but it just doesn't go up. I try to stay at a weight if my form is bad, but even after going down a significant amount to work on form, it's just as bad when I get back to higher weight. How do I improve it?

Lifts (lbs) :
Bench 155
OHP 110
Squat 235
Deadlift 245
>>
No routine general, but what's a good split to do for a month to improve aesthetics for summer? Been on SS before, but my legs aren't too monstruous
>>
File: 1396759065581.jpg (67KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1396759065581.jpg
67KB, 960x720px
ECA Stack question:

What is the point of taking multiple doses per day? Like if I take a dose in the morning and hut the gym, is there any benefit to redosing 4 hours later?
>>
>>37039202

Because you want to build up to some 500 mg of caffeine a day. The problem is taking 500 mg of caffeine all at once is like slamming 5 cups of coffee - it's gonna get you tripping and bump up your tolerance. Hence why it's spread out over the day.
>>
How do I get over gym anxiety? I want to hit the gym but I don't want to talk to people or be watched by people
>>
>>37039268
You have to realize everyone there is at least as insecure than you are.
>>
>>37039268
Go in there. Fuck up horribly, but deliberately. Then continue your work out. The only really humiliating mistake is your first.
>>
I just cannot get my glutes to fire when squatting, deadlifting or with lunges. My hamstrings and lower back completely take over. Any help with that? i tried doing that bret contreras workout but it didn't activate shit
>>
>>37039242
OK but why build up to 500mg if, say 200mg, is adequate?

Is 500mg + tolerance superior to 200mg with a lower tolerance? Eventually 200mg will be less effective I'm sure but wouldn't it be better than to increase the dosage as needed?
>>
>>37029415
Eggs bro, eggs are literally a superfood.
>>
>>37029484
Drink a lot of water anon, and just give it time, they'll go eventually.
>>
I have started eating my ("old fashioned") oats cold.
I pour in just enough milk to almost come to the top of the oats, and let it sit i the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.

Am I doing it wrong?
Is that enough time?
Am I eating "raw" oats?
>>
>>37029814
You've got good abs anon, they're pretty hot, regardless, start doing crunches and then do your pull-ups from the L position and then you'll have badass abs.
>>
>>37039338
help me ;_;
>>
>>37039396
Cook hip lift. And put a hand on your glutes to check if they're firing.
>>
>>37039382
hooray for bro science
>>
>>37039193
full body 3x a week
>>
>>37038981
learn how to grip the bar properly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4
>>
>>37039156
Sounds like short arms and long legs. You're built to squat and bench. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>37038964
You'll be fine.

You can also try eliminating foods from your diet. My acid reflux went away when I cut out rice and wheat.
>>
>>37028967
Has Ripletits ever looked good? I mean, most of this board is focused on aesthetics, but we follow a beer gutted powerlifter.
>>
File: Justin pls ugh.webm (1MB, 314x480px) Image search: [Google]
Justin pls ugh.webm
1MB, 314x480px
>>37039522

Pic related trained directly under Rip for a long time.
>>
File: 1461591231193.gif (261KB, 250x156px) Image search: [Google]
1461591231193.gif
261KB, 250x156px
I didn't take a dump for 3 days and I want to lift today with an easy stomach. I had 2 cups of coffee and an apple already, thinking that it could help but I don't even feel like my shit is getting closer to the exit. What to do?
>>
>>37039541
Only homos find this body type attractive
>>
>>37039560
If you're like me, the second you set up for your first lift, you will feel the urge to go.
>>
>>37039446
What are the best full body workouts after you've done SS?
>>
File: How to sex.webm (1MB, 742x480px) Image search: [Google]
How to sex.webm
1MB, 742x480px
>>37039602

fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

>>37039338

Just squeeze them.

>>37039560

More water
More fibre

If you're desperate right now you can try laxatives, but I'd advise against it tbqh as it can lead to accidents when lifting.
>>
Our gym just got a trap bar in.

Is it worthwhile including it in my training or is it just a meme bar? 5/3/1 conventional deadlift ordinarily
>>
>>37039470
I've actually got pretty long limbs in general. I've got gangly genes
>>
>>37028728
>>37039560
This, you need to trick your body into thinking you're about to lift. Just do some air deadlifts or something with some loud music in front of a poster of a girl in yoga pants.
>>
File: sad.png (139KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
139KB, 917x871px
My friend started lifting with me like 3 weeks ago and when she is at the bottom of the squat she starts to drive the hips up well but she cant manage to keep the bar in vertical motion and she ends up moving the bar path over the front of her foot. She read SS and I try to tell her the all the cues but she just cant do it properly. I'm afraid that if she puts more weight on the bar she will eventually fall over and hurt herself. Other lifts are fine but she just cant make the damn squat properly. Any tips?
>>
is scooby's intermediate workout good?
>>
>>37039822
Not bad
>>
>>37028728
what is the best way to do wrist roller for joocy forearms?

I've read that holding it up in front of you creates shoulder imbalances, and to hold the roller down by your waist, standing on a box to get the full ROM. I tried this and didn't feel nearly as much burn in my forearms.

Anyone have a non-bro-science answer?
>>
File: Mike Tuchscherer 335kg Squat.webm (758KB, 370x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mike Tuchscherer 335kg Squat.webm
758KB, 370x400px
>>37039786

This might help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw

>>37039639

Eh, it's ok as a variation but it's not really anything magical.
I'd just stick to regular deadlifts and variations of that for the most part.
>>
File: 2.jpg (428KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
428KB, 1920x1080px
>>37028728
Newbie question here.

Is it worth it if I'm antisocial? Is there enough benefit to getting fit that it'll be worth if even if I never leave the house in my spare time?

Some background on me:
>5' 10"
>160lbs (out of shape)
>23 y/o
>White
>Father was a state-champ runner in high school, wrestling coach rode my dick in high school because I was "the good kind of topheavy" and he wanted me to join his team. (so I'm assuming my genes aren't complete shit)
>I'm a relaxed & kind guy, but have no social skill whatsoever on account of the antisocial bit.

I guess what I'm asking is if there's a sort of... resting 'good' feeling to being fit. If I don't define myself by it, and don't capitalize on the sex appeal, is there still enough of a draw to make it worth my time/effort? Or would I be better off just spending my time chilling inside, relaxing, and eating whatever sounds like it'd taste good?

Might be a stupid question, but the fact that I'm asking myself it means it's relevant somehow, if only to me.
>>
File: 1423883142683.jpg (55KB, 610x396px) Image search: [Google]
1423883142683.jpg
55KB, 610x396px
>I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE NOOB GAINS

Height: 176cm (5ft9)
Starting weigth: 72kg

>lifted on a cut for 4 months
>New weight: 65kg, strength went up a bit, got mires for the little hypertrophy acquired
>switched to SL because lmaonostrength
>started eating @ maintenance (2400kcal, is it enough?)
>ANOTHER 4 FCKIN MONTHS LATER AND JUST ONE EXTRA KG OF MUSCLE GAINS.

What the hell am I doing wrong?
I sleep 7-8hrs/night and do 10Ks on the weekend.
>>
>>37040098
Everything you do is more comfortable if you're in shape. Even sitting in my cubicle, it's better.

Plus, when you take care of yourself, people will approach you. You will become less antisocial.
>>
>>37040098
It's always worth being a better version of yourself
>>
>>37040100
>lifted on a cut
You should expect no gains on a cut. Expect little gains on TDEE
If you don't get any gains on +500 cal - your routine is shit, you're not resting enough or you're doing something wrong
>>
>>37040098
>Is it worth it if I'm antisocial? Is there enough benefit to getting fit that it'll be worth if even if I never leave the house in my spare time?
definitely.

Its just a little hobby, nothing more, you see if you can do more than you did before. It requires some dedication to it, becuase you have to eat towards it and sleep right and make sure you're doing it and its not always comfy, but as a little challenge to see what you are capable of, its fun.

Don't be consumed by the results of an action, just enjoy the action, on a more philosophical level
>>
Until failure on every set, or until failure on 4th set?
>>
is the EC Stack a meme?
>>
I get seriously dizzy after heavy diddlys/squats, wat do?
>>
File: 220kg Clean & Press.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
220kg Clean & Press.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>37040374

Are you eating well?
How long have you been training?
When is usually your last meal before training?
Do you know if you have any medical condition?

>>37040317

Depends on what lift you're doing and what your program is.

>>37040100

>falling for the memelifts

Go with a decent program instead fitsticky.com/novice-programs

And eat well.
>>
>>37040374

I used to get nausea & dizziness after heavy lifts.
>Slow down
>for squats take a good breath before you lower Exhale as you push upwards
>for diddly take a good breath before you grab the bar, exhale while lifting

It's a lack of oxygen in your brain breh, take your time and focus on proper breathing.
>>
>>37040374
make sure you aren't holding your breath in too much. You might be depriving your brain of oxygen.

Take a breath between each rep.
With squats breath out when you're pushing the weight back up

With deadlifts, hold your breath until you're putting the weight down again and thne breath out whilst doing that.
>>
File: 1347017114097.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1347017114097.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>37040438
>decent program instead of X

Please point me in the right direction, I'm losing traction.
>>
>>37040438
Eating 3100 cals a day, counting calories, and watching my macros, been training 4-5 times a day for about 4 months now, last meal usually an hour and a half/2hrs before training, no medical conditions that I am aware of
>>
>>37040438
muscle gain
>>
Pins and needles in my hands after deadlifting? Is this normal or acceptable?
>>
>>37040455
>>37040448
thanks brehs
>>
>>37040509

Could be from inflow&outflow of blood during the movement. Are you lifting heavy?
>>
I'm planning to check out a martial art. Which one is more fun or /fit/-related? Kyokushin karate, kickboxing or something else?
>>
File: 1391471951606.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1391471951606.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>37040151
>>37040207
>>37040268
Makes a lot of sense. Especially that last bit. I'll keep reading up and I'll fit a bit of /fit/ into my routine. Thanks, guys.
>>
File: SS with accessories.png (110KB, 875x824px) Image search: [Google]
SS with accessories.png
110KB, 875x824px
>>37040479

Not normal then, see a doctor.

>>37040477

Literally fitsticky.com/novice-programs

I'm just half serious, SL isn't thaaat bad, it's just dumb in a few places.
But I do suggest you switch to a better program from the page there instead.
I usually recommend pic related as the standard one, but all others described in the page are good.

Also, keep in mind muscle growth is very slow when you're natty. If you want to gain muscle faster, gotta increase the caloric intake. Or as they would say, GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG CMON

>>37040509

Not normal, see a doctor.

>>37040547

Try them out and choose the one you enjoyed the most.
Everyone has their personal preferences when it comes to martial arts.
>>
>>37040547

I used to do a MMA program, it covered boxing, wrestling, juijitsu, muay thai, and a little judo. It was pretty fun and it burned a ton of kcals.
>>
>>37028728
I am doing SL5x5, but conventional DL feel awkward. Can't get my back straight. I have long legs, but I am also inflexible, so dunno what's the reason.
Is sumo DL ok or will I ruin my gains?
>>
>>37040547
>Kickboxing
>MMA
>Krav Maga

See whichever has a gym near you that fits your schedule. You can't go wrong with any of them.
>>
File: How to Deadlift v2.png (1MB, 1534x1256px) Image search: [Google]
How to Deadlift v2.png
1MB, 1534x1256px
>>37040588
>>
File: Rip drill lumbar spine.png (1MB, 948x1935px) Image search: [Google]
Rip drill lumbar spine.png
1MB, 948x1935px
>>37040588

And don't waste your time on memelifts, do a good program instead

fitsticky.com/novice-programs

As for if you should go sumo, stop worrying about your proportions and just learn to deadlift correctly.
>>
I lost ten points after i had a fever last week. Do you usually lose more muscle or fat when you're sick and is it good for cutting?
>>
>>37040547
I'm doing TKD. Its pretty satisfying, but then again so is any martial art if you enjoy it. Maybe go a a class or two of a couple different styles and see what you like the most?
>>
>>37040317
>on 4th set
Wat

Training til failure will require more recovery and is not always the optimal way to go for strength gains
It is more important for hypertrophy, especially on isolations

So, it depends on the exercise and the rest of your routine

>>37040328
No. It works, but it's not some perfect miracle

>>37040374
Breathe

>>37040100
So you're saying you only gained 1 kg? Obviously you need to eat more if you wanted more weight gain

>>37040098
Work and lifting are the onyl things that consistently get me out of the house
I find it very relaxing and rewarding

It's like asking if you should play an instrument if you're not in a band. It can be very rewarding for yourself and give you good feels

>>37039860
The answer would obviously be to keep tension on your forearms and create the right leverage to do it properly. This would be best achieved by holding the roller out in front of you. You could rest your elbows/upper arms on something in front of you to keep any perceived imbalance in our shoulders from happening (by keeping any stress off of them)
I've never heard of them creating imbalances though. But then again, I've never used one

>>37039786
This is typically either a back or glute weakness/miscue.
Deload. 'Activate' the glutes as part of your warmup and consider glute bridges (good exercise for females/glutes anyways)

It is just a form issue in the end. So when she starts performing the squats again with lower weights, get her to do slow descents and focus on staying upright.
Box squats are always good too

And, of course, posting a form check is always useful

>>37039382
That is me. I actually was doing mostly weighted situps for abs at the time and I already mentioned leg raises
Fuck you

>>37039376
You can eat them however the fuck you want

>>37039268
Realize that nobody really cares
Go with someone
Get lost in music and dance the night away
>>
>>37040600
>>37040611
Thanks for your reply.
Alright, will do Rippletits program then. I know how to deadlift but it does not feel as right as a when I have a wider stance. Maybe I should leave DLs and start getting flexible enough to do the conventional DL correctly?
>>
are there any godtier tips/food/whatever for falling asleep quicker? i usually don't fall asleep until after half and hour to an hour of just lying there.
>>
Can back extensions and leg press replace deadlift?
>>
>>37040733
No
>>
>>37040733
no
>>37040704
valerian root maybe
>>
>>37040704

Decrease the lights on your house during the night. For the computer as well. You can also try to reduce blue lights if you really wanna min-max this. I know there are some apps for the computer that will do that for you, but I don't recall the names.

Exercise during the day.
Have good nutrition.

>>37040733

No.

>>37040676

I doubt it's a flexibility issue. It's mostly just you not being fully "in control" and "aware" of your back muscles. Do the drills explained on >>37040611
>>
>>37040578
>>37040583
>>37040592
>>37040647
thanks m8s. I think I'll sign up for a number of stuff and check what I like best.
>>
>>37040704
>>37040821
f.lux is the program
>>
>>37040821
Ok, I will do that and see if it works. I am 6'5 and really inflexible and always thought of that being the reason the conventional DL just wasn't for me, though I never tried to correct my form on that. Just switched to sumo..
Thanks and may the gains be with you.
>>
Question:
I'm trying to lose weight and gain muscle (noob, can do it,from all I read), but I'm having trouble with the amount of protein I should be ingesting. Should it be 2g/kg (meaning I should be getting 200g per day) or less? From what I've read even 2g/kg is too much and 1,4 is about right, but I don't know. Myfitnesspal puts me at little above 100, but I changed it.
Also, how to get so much protein in a 200kcal diet without overlooking the other macros?
Thank you.
>>
Hey guys im skinnyfat that started gym ike 2 months ago and just planned on bulking. I was already skinny fat but i was told if i keep lifting and bulking jsut because i started i should lose fat as well. Well now i have a bulging gut and a lot of fat whilst my arms have some extra unoticeable muscle. I'm stronger and can lfit heavier weights, but my arms and legs to gut ratio is even worse. Seems like all that losing fat nd gaining muscle at the same time was pure BS.

Should i just focus on lifting and cutting at a calorie deficit? dont want to do cardio, but would this be enough to lose the fat?
>>
>>37040588
Practice doing a 'superman'
Having the proper straight back/extension is hard for beginners who don't know how ot use their core
https://youtu.be/cc6UVRS7PW4?t=1m37s
Stretch your hamstrings too

Don't switch to sumo right away

Watch more deadlift videos too
youtube.com/watch?v=tFnwEsqJABU
youtube.com/watch?v=iQ5rY_beDLY
SS is also a great resource

>>37038981
As anon said, learn how to hold the bar properly

>>37039156
>hurr SS durr
You didn't read the book. YNDTP
Your technique is probably shit. Your diet and sleep might be shit too

Take tiem to educate yourself more. Post form check
Your squat and dead should not be that close together

>>37038796
You will stall faster, but it is doable
You could also increase rep count before increasing the weights when the weight increase becomes too much
People also get their own smaller plates to bring to the gym with them

>>37038775
To increase pushup/pullup count, 'greasing the groove' is the way to go

>>37038419
Read the book
Fix technique
Drop accessory exercises
Post form check

>>37038401
Whenever you feel like it

>>37038164
Literally google 'how ot warmup squats'
You get a feel for what you need eventually

>>37037920
Read the fucking sticky
Eat less

>>37037908
Sure, read the sticky
SS is good

>>37037258
Post routine and we can fix it

>>37037204
Tape and chalk
LEarn how to hold the bar properly too
There is no reason not to use alternate grip when your grip starts to give out

If you need ot heal it, you need to heal it

>>37036979
Because people have grip issues
Women can't hold shit
Men start having problems at 110 kg +

>i've never run into trouble with my grip
Then you aren't deadlifting heavy enough or will eventually

>>37035007
>trying to do a lifting program
>reading nothing about lifting or the program
Not gonna make it like this
>>
>>37040886

Vid related >>37029202 is almost your height.

You can switch to sumo later on, but learn to deadlift well first - or the issues you have will just keep happening with sumo.
>>
I'm working an armroutine i'd like to put hammergrip into for a more fuller arm
using a 12 - 10 -8 setup, try to increase with each set

Bb curl
Seated curl
Preacher curl
Hammer grip <- new best place to put it?
Skullcrusher
Pulldown cable
Incline tri extention
>>
>>37040889
Sources vary wildly on this and it's usually overstated
You should probably get at least 1 g per lb lean body mass. Eating some more won't kill you and is easy to do

>>37040895
If you want to cut, eat at a deficit
Keep lifting
Cardio can aid with getting a deficit
>>
>>37040944
Having an arm day is retarded and inefficient as fuck
Hop on a proven program. You can add arm exercises after compounds working the same body part
You have no business making your own routine
>>
>>37040965
>>37040889

1 g per lb is 2 g per kg?
>>
>>37040997
LEAN BODY MASS
>>
>>37040944
>>37040974

The routine is from this, just thought about adding a hammer grip to make it more in depth

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mike-ohearn-power-bodybuilding-12-week-program.html
>>
How fast do you approximately lose weight with a 500 cal. deficit?
>>
>>37041041
500 / day = 3500 / week is equivalent to 1 lb lost / week
This is the general shot given to people

>>37041038
IMO this routine is terrible, especially for someone who is probably a beginner
How many different kind of curls do you need to do?
Just replace one of them with hammer or reverse if you insist on this
>>
>>37041023
So how many g of protein per day would that be for a 100kg man?
Sorry for the annoyance, but you seem to have the knowledge I can go off of and this is confusing me terribly.
>>
>>37041121
No worries
As I said, sources vary wildly on this. And eating 200 g per day won't kill you
I would just try to intake at least 150g/day for a general shot, whether cutting, maintaining or bulking. That's only equivalent to 600 calories, so you can see how it is pretty easy to intake that much
>>
>>37041121
If you have 20% of bf than your lean body mass is 80kg
I personally believe in 1.3g per 1kg of lean body mass

And I have a question following that subject. Is eating 60g of protein per meal OK or not all of them will be digested correctly? I've heard different opinins
>>
File: CCefIaKh.jpg (53KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CCefIaKh.jpg
53KB, 768x1024px
Well realise I've probably left skinny fat and entered just fat now. Just focus on cutting right?
>>
>>37041186
Try to focus on loo next time you go to poo
>>
>>37041180
>>37041163

So, as long as I have the 150g assured, I can have a bit more without stressing about the 200 and when I lose weight, I need to readjust (since 1,5 g/kg). Thank you very much!
>>
>>37041195
actually got rated the cleanest bathroom in my entire building.

Should i jsut entirely focus on lifting with a calorie deficit to lose the fat?
>>
File: 421822655_76130.jpg (91KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
421822655_76130.jpg
91KB, 720x1280px
Good facial hair how?
>>
>>37041226
> cleanest bathroom in my entire building
Of course, you have designated shitting streets and all that.

Calorie deficit is the key to lose your fat, yes. Lifting won't give you much gains while cutting, but at least you'll get your discipline and will get used to working out so it will be easier to start getting gains after you move back to TDEE
>>
DB supinating curls or straight curls?
>>
>>37041261
So no muscle building while being fat but losing fat, even if I'm going hard in the gym and taking in a high protein diet?
>>
>>37041180
It's broscience
All that matters is total intake at the end of the day

>>37041243
Rebirth

>>37041268
Whatever you want
Just realize that you need full supination at the top in either case for maximum contraction

>>37041186
You look like you've never lifted
And you have shit posture

Do whatever you want
>>
How do I convince my brother to start out on SS?

I always try to tell him its the best for beginners and give all the reasons.

But then he turns to me and says 'no but my friend who is ripped tells me that doing a split is better and you have to do volume and isolations, because being able to being able to deadlift 5 times is exactly that'
>>
>>37041292
apparently you can gain a bit of muscle if you're starting from scratch irrespective of whether you're bulking or not.
>>
>>37041305
So it should be completely parallel to my shoulders at the top?
>>
File: whySS.jpg (334KB, 1317x644px) Image search: [Google]
whySS.jpg
334KB, 1317x644px
>>37041326
Stop giving a fuck
Shame him with your own gains

Not like you even read teh book though
>>
>>37041449
Did you mean DB curls vs straight bar curls?
Both are fine.
>>
i was benching and my right shoulder only started hurting and then it popped
so i just noped
what was wrong?
>>
>>37041670
It happens to me all the time. Ortho doc can't find shit, MRI and CT were clear, physical therapy didn't help either so I just don't go below 90 degrees on bench and ohp now
>>
File: 1323064750528.jpg (103KB, 467x349px) Image search: [Google]
1323064750528.jpg
103KB, 467x349px
Is there such a thing as training muscle density?

My whole life, I've always walked kilometers every day, liking the feeling of zoning out and just listening to music while my body brought me to destination on autopilot.

I've only started paying attention to muscle like two months ago when I started lifting, and I noticed the stark difference between my lower and upper body.

My legs look incredibly 'defined' (as in, nothing jiggles even half an inch when I move), and even when at complete rest trying to push your finger into my legs means you're encountering only rock-hard flesh, like they're flexed all the time, while actually flexing them only makes them bigger, but keeps the absurd hardness.

Meanwhile, no other muscle in my body is remotely like that.

Did I train myself to this during the years? Is it something that can be replicated?
It'd be ideal if I could just get my whole body like this. I hate that my muscles are actually growing in volume, my goal would be stopping any part of me from looking soft, while still being small.
>>
>>37041670
>>37041698
How much are you benching?
Do you know the cues for correct form? Describe them
Post form check
Make sure you are warming up properly

>>37041935
No. You can't change density of muscle. You can change other things to make it appear this way though
>legs look incredibly defined
Because you aren't holding much fat on your legs. Lots of people are like this
>Did I train myself to this during the years
Walking/running will not build any appreciable amount of muscle mass. Even sprints will go only go so far
>get my whole body like this
Increase muscle mass. Decrease body fat
>>
>>37042041

I have never done any appreciable amount of exercise with my legs that wasn't walking, yet they look undeniably more muscular than the rest of my body. And I'm already weigh 62kg for 5'8'' of height, there's not a lot more bodyfat I can drop before I start dying.
>>
>>37042074
Then just keep lifting faggot
Get strong, then cut, then you'll look fine.

Even people with huge guts can have visible quads and calves. Everybody holds fast differently
>>
>>37042116
>Get strong, then cut, then you'll look fine.

About that, is there any way to put on muscle while on maintenance, or is putting on fat a mandatory step of getting muscle?
>>
>>37042124
You can minimize fat gain, but you will put on some fat. Nothing to get too worried about, just eat clean and keep a moderate caloric surplus
>>
Hey /fit/. Could use help with squat form. Disclaimer: no video.

I have pretty bad/weak knees from some accidents a while ago, and whenever I squat really deep, which is what I'm aiming for right now, the left one grinds and pops.

On top of that, compared to guys in form videos, my knees don't go far enough past my toes. Like, they stay right above the end of my shoe.

I feel like these are impacting depth and form. I know I should probably go to a doctor for the first bit, but is there anything I can do for the second?
>>
>>37042508
Post in the new thread, this one is on the verge of death >>37042024
Do you have any pain ever?
Form check?
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.