[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skeltal here, going to the gym for the first time tomorrow. Pls help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: doot.jpg (25KB, 370x229px) Image search: [Google]
doot.jpg
25KB, 370x229px
Skeltal here, going to the gym for the first time tomorrow.

Pls help.
>>
Lift things. Good luck!
>>
did you read the sticky?
>>
tip the receptionist
>>
>>36940900
Go tomorrow, then the day after that until it turns into a habit.
>>
>>36940918
Yes, still want some tips specifically for skeltals.

>>36940980
Can't. Can only do 3 days a week plus saturdays.
>>
Go today
>>
>>36940999
is there anything in particular that you want tips on? some genral tips would be just to do you rbest and keep at it
>>
>>36940936
Very important!!!

I didn't tip mine and got kicked out but was able to call the manager and apologised and they let me back in
>>
Starting Strength for a few months then branch out from there.
> inb4 SS is meme

Sure, but it's easy to keep track of. People first going to the gym are scared to shit, and can't keep 62 exercises in their heads at once. Optimize later. Learn now
>>
>>36940900

I'm skeletal too.

Eat. Eat a lot of food. Don't skimp on that.

You don't need to do GOMAD, but whole milk is a good, easy way to get the calories up. You can take your normal food intake and include a couple glasses of whole milk.
>>
File: it's not me pls don't bully.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
it's not me pls don't bully.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
>>36941264
It's more about mindset actually. The gym I'm going to is free, but it's full of athletes and I look like pic related.

>>36941411
I'm lactose intolerant, is there no other alternative? I mean I can try to chug down the glass, but I'd rather not die from headaches.

>>36941351
I was gonna do the Reg Park's one because it sounded fun, but I'll stick to basics I guess.
>>
>>36941642
If something sounds legitimately fun then do that. SS is good for beginners but having fun will help you stick with it. If Reg Park's plan sounds cool to you then maybe give it a go.
>>
>>36941642
If you're trying to bulk skip out on the milk. That shit is not good for you.
Eat lots of nuts. Maybe peanut or almond butter. Very dense with calories from healthy fats and a good amount of protein.
Remember to lift like no body is looking Good luck
>>
File: william-shatner.jpg (33KB, 639x506px) Image search: [Google]
william-shatner.jpg
33KB, 639x506px
>>36941676
Yeah I tend to like and do stuff just because the name sounds stupid.

>>36941737
I'll see how it goes.
>>
>>36941737
Should I swap out milk with whey protein and use almond milk instead?
>>
>>36942360
no drink milk, its fine. If youre skeltal, youll need the easy calories for slow bulking. Im 6'4", and I cut down to 185lb and was literally walking skeleton. so i slow bulked up to 215lb, retained my leanness more or less, and pretty much iifym'ed it via the way.

Whats important is 3 things: consistency, progression, and diet. Consistency means going 4-5 times a week every week for the next 6 months at least. Progression means youre increasing the weight and/or the number of reps you can do. and diet is pretty controversial, but it means eating for your goals - if you're skeltal mode, youll probably want to bulk up. Id suggest slow bulking with +250 TDEE, and doing a volume routine (like a PPL twice a week like coolcicada's ppl, or an arnold split). Youll grow, and in 6 months time youll be a completely different person.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.