[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad to drink protein right before you go to bed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: ON-gold-standard.jpg (99KB, 630x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ON-gold-standard.jpg
99KB, 630x1000px
Is it bad to drink protein right before you go to bed?
>>
why would it be
>>
>>36916813
Yeah your body doesnt process anything while you sleep you wont get any gains by doing this. Waste.
>>
>>36916819
Fuck if I know that's why I'm asking
>>
I was told that so long as it does not go over your calories it will keep your metabolism turning longer during the night and help with wakefulness in the morning and discourage a heavy breakfast.
>>
>>36916813
Not at all. If it has casein protein in it even better, it breaks down and synthesizes longer throughout the night
>>
>>36916828
if you can't think of a reason it's bad then it's probably not bad dude
>>
>>36916833
Maybe it's not even that, maybe I just want to talk to fellow /fit/ members and be reminded that everyone is going to make it
>>
File: topkek.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
>>36916820
That's some good broscience exemple right there anon.
>>
>>36916813
Speaking from my bro science perspective, muscles grow extra at night and protein helps muscles grow so yes.

Casein is better before bed, also because it releases slower, also the protein in milk has a high percent (I think 70 or 80%?) of slow release protein, so if you've had plenty of protein throughout the day a glass of milk may be a good enough substitute
>>
File: happy pepe.jpg (70KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
happy pepe.jpg
70KB, 400x388px
>>36916851
ur a gud guy senpai
>>
also is it bad to go to bed hungry on a bulk? will it potentially impede muscle growth?

most of the time i finish eating like an hour before bed and by the time i get in bed i'm hungry and have to eat, but i've already brushed my teeth
>>
>>36916813
Casein protein is best before bed because it releases over time (about 8 hours) and works to help your muscles recover and heal while you sleep.
>>
If you drink whey to get protein you're actually falling for the meme
>>
>>36916813
http://www.ergo-log.com/protein-shake-before-bed-stimulates-muscle-growth.html
>>
>>36916881
Just a matter of convenience anon. The real meme is on how much protein you need for near-optimal results.

Amounts are way exaggerated by bodybuilders trying to sell their shit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.