[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 15

File: download.png (15KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
15KB, 241x209px
Lets start it up niggas. Btw I'm CSCS certified through NSCA and have a bachelors in exercise physiology, so I will answer as many questions as I can. Will monitor frequently.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (135KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
135KB, 800x800px
Is Nas the best rapper ever?

Calicones lit it up
I didn't get touched checking my nuts
I stood up and lit a Dutch
Clutching gats quick to bust
But knowing how these niggas tattle
I sneak move get the drop, one shot without the gun battle
So when you run the lead travel
I come through it's taboo
Ninety-six ways made to clap you
>>
>>36902011
Ye
>>
File: mahler109_c.jpg (27KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
mahler109_c.jpg
27KB, 400x580px
What program would you, a CSCS certified nigga, recommend for bodybuilding?
>>
>>36902109
hypertrophy with higher volume, if natural then you need to keep stimulus up as much as possible. One body part per day is ineffective as a natty. Fully body several times per week with less volume on each body part each workout is more effective at keeping blood to muscles and stimulus. Also 2 day splits 4 days a week is good. (Chest/back, Shoulders/Legs twice per week with rest in between). Basically keeping muscle protein synthesis active as much as possible.
>>
>>36902109
Also focus on 6-12 rep range with 4-6 sets of any given exercise.
>>
>>36902159
ily thx
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 276x183px
I have so much fucking joint all over. They click and feel like they have sand in them. been tested for rheumatoid arthritis and had an Mri of my head and neck. My diet may or may not effect it I haven't figured it out yet. I just opened my jaw and had a major crack in the right side. It felt like a ton of pressure had been released from my face. What's wrong here?
>>
>>36902261
1. Drink more water
2. More Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids (not necessarily fish oil since some research shows a link to testicular cancer. Proper nutrition in general will help with all things.
3. Increase mobility in joints by getting a really good stretching program, the tightness and competitive pulling by opposing muscles could be giving you a gritty movement in the joints.
4. Foam rolling at the tendon and muscle can relieve some tension.
5. Maybe try deep tissue massages at a massage therapist.
6. If you do running and weight lifting all the time, try low to no impact cardio exercise like swimming or cycling and give your body a rest for a week or two, you won't lose progress in 1-2 weeks off for max lifts.
>>
File: OglaYvX.jpg (32KB, 1080x532px) Image search: [Google]
OglaYvX.jpg
32KB, 1080x532px
Cant fully extend/straighten my elbow. Pic related is how it looks.

Never had an injury or pain, just always been like that. I remember in grade school they teased me by calling me t rex arms

I would like to learn Olympic lifts. Will my retarded elbows get me injured?
>>
>>36902159
Hows PPLPPLx for this?
Chest/tri/shoulders
Back/bi
Legs

Almost like 4 day split but instead of a rest its legs?
>>
>>36902261
Also keep in mind, some people just have different joints in general. I know a guy that I trained who had clicking everywhere in his body, all you can do is increase mobility and do low to no impact exercises to get movement in the joint without constant pounding and heavily weighted movements.
>>
>>36902313
Think of it this way, muscle protein synthesis slows down and ceases at around 48 hours. That means that if you work 1 muscle group per day per week, then there are 5 more days during the week where atrophy will start to set in and you won't make progress. This is why people plateau. Obviously early on in lifting if you do 1 muscle group per day you will still see gains as the neurological system (tendons, neurons, and motor development) will adapt and get more efficient at the movements being performed, same goes for early muscle gain.

TLDR; What I do when I try to get quicker gains I tend to do this program:

Monday: Chest/Back, Tuesday: Shoulders/Legs, Wednesday: Deadlift, Abs, Bis and Tris, Thursday: Chest/Back, Friday: Shoulders/Legs

Find your perfect program that works for you
>>
I would like to prep a weeks worth of basic bodybuilding bro meals
>after i cook and put in container does it go in fridge or freezer
>will meat go bad in a week
>>
>>36902381
Is
chest/back
arms/shoulders
legs

Using arms too much?
>>
>>36902414

As long as you are keeing the muscles stimulated within 72 hours of eachother on the same muscle group then you are effectively inducing hypertrophy.
>>
File: mike vining.jpg (193KB, 1300x960px) Image search: [Google]
mike vining.jpg
193KB, 1300x960px
How do I get Delta-tier calves?
>>
>>36902389
Rice and beans are going to be your best friend. I'm not going to type a full week meal plan for you tho lol.
>>
>>36902536
No i just wanted to know if you put the meals in he fridge or freezer and if the food will go bad in a week
>>
>>36902000
nice trips

best beginner power lifting program?
>>
>>36902531
Sprints up hill, lots of uphill walking, seated and standing calf raises. Notice how current and former football players have large calves, large Type II muscle fibers. Also genetics, just perform heavy calf raises and aim for 6-12 rep range. Heavier the better.
>>
If I keep my elbows slightly infront of me instead of letting them flare back during dumbell shoulder press I feel lat activation. Is this normal or is my form still wrong?
>>
>>36902551
Oh sorry I misread that. In my experience meat goes crappy after 3-4 days. Carb sources or things like canned food even though open lasts a long time since its usually preserved by sodium like most foods that last a long time.
>>
Should I bother with trying to learn the clean and jerk on my own or do I need someone like a coach to teach me and watch my form?
>>
>>36902594
Thanks. I live in a very flat area though, would stairs be a good substitute?
>>
File: 1453141845748.jpg (89KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1453141845748.jpg
89KB, 900x900px
I've been lifting for a long ass time but I realized that my knowledge of the human muscular system is inadequate, would anyone happen to know any easy website (3D body or something) which would make it easy to memorize all the muscles and their names.

Being able to pin point any muscle in your body and knowing it's name and function would create such a nice opportunity to teach some anatomy lessons.
>>
>>36902619
That's actually recommended, reason being that our shoulders are actually supposed to move in the midsagittal plane (like if you put a piece of glass through the middle of your body). Any lateral movement like flaring the elbows to the side or dumbbell side raises are contraindicated and hard on the joints. Some people who have more mobile shoulders may not have issues with those movements though, it varies person to person.
>>
>>36902672
Plyometrics up down stairs are gr8 down stairs is high knee impact though - as you progress skip more stairs with each plyo (jump)
>>
>>36902672
Try doing depth jumps, it is a plyometric exercise performed by jumping from a raised surface (stairs) and add a sprint to it. Much like basketball players and football players that I train. Jump from stairs and sprint forward with as much force as you can, this will train the golgi tendons and type 2 muscle fibers, ultimately building a large and thick calf muscle into the achilles.
>>
Will I ever outgrow Casey Butt's 3 days a week bodybuilding routine for beginners? What do I do after that?
>>
File: 1456675567501.jpg (15KB, 364x344px) Image search: [Google]
1456675567501.jpg
15KB, 364x344px
>>36902724
>>36902749
I really appreciate it
>>
>>36902771
Increase volume by adding more sets, additional workouts, or shorten the rest period after a workout (instead of 3 days in between try to hit it again 2 days after the initial workout). Also increase the weight.
>>
>>36902771
>>36902854
Also a side note, as my previous comment above about hypertrophy; your ultimate goal is maintaining stimulus of the muscle and keeping blood to the muscles as much as possible by using heavy weight withing a 6-12 rep range.
>>
>>36902854
thanks buddy, I feel like I always post on the tail end of these and always get ignored

Does this work for as long as any hobbyist would want to do it? Is it just as good as one of the programs that's like 1.5+ hours in the gym 6 days a week?
>>
File: goal-copy.jpg (156KB, 1371x982px) Image search: [Google]
goal-copy.jpg
156KB, 1371x982px
Hey /fit/ I could use some advice. I'm about to graduate high school and I've only lifted weights a few times during cross country seasons, other than that I've pretty much only ran and done some pushups and situps here and there. I've read the sticky and lurked but was wondering if any of you guys could help me with my specific goal body. Currently 6'0, 135lbs, 13% bf

First, would it be doable to get this body without bulking first?

If yes, then what is the best path? Should I just go straight into a high volume program?

>inb4 I want to look like a faget
I kinda like the lean athletic look, I think it'd work well for me
>>
Let's say I binged hard today and ate over my TDEE by like 2kcal. If I cut harder during the week to compensate, will this hurt my gains?

Also, I'm like 18% bf, TDEE is 1900, how hard can I cut w/o losing gains?
>>
>>36902905
If you are just lifting weights then 1.5 hours may be a bit much. Unless you are using proper rest periods between sets and just really killing it in each workout with a lot of volume, then you have to increase your rest times to make sure the muscles recover, otherwise you re-tear the micro-tears that are involved with weight lifting.

My advice to you guys is to start with a program that works the same muscle group at least twice per week and increase volume by adding more sets or workouts once you feel like you are hitting a plateau.

I hope that sort of answers your question.
>>
>>36902907
Here's the thing, building muscle takes time. It is very doable, all you need to do is increase calories per day by 100-300 and you will gain adequate muscle as long as those calories arent just protein. You need carbs, protein, and fats. A very simple way to get this is by simple eating a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread. You need carbs to keep the muscles full, you need protein to repair muscles, you need the good fats to drive nutrients like amino acids and vitamins into the cells of the body, including muscles.
>>
>>36902907
lift, high repetition and good weight, work a lot of shoulders and chest and you'll look better than this guy, you already have the frame and bf, just need to lift for about 6 months
>>
>>36902915
The problem with binging is this: your body will only use what it needs or else it will store it as fat or you will shit it out. If you work out and break down the muscles, your body will need more resources to repair them. Same with muscle glycogen stores.

Here is your answer: If you binge on a day, keep eating your normal diet thereafter and your body will adapt and go back to the state it was before the binge. The concept is pretty simple, eat more calories, gain more weight through muscle and fat, vice versa for eating less calories.
>>
File: 1524833948122302380.jpg (45KB, 800x333px) Image search: [Google]
1524833948122302380.jpg
45KB, 800x333px
>>36903044
High repetition is unnecessary. Like my previous posts above, lifting heavier in 6-12 repetitions is the most effective when building muscle. Also keeping blood and stimulus to the muscle (aka the "pump" you feel).

Here is a chart that should clear some air.
>>
I am a begginner , 5 weeks into stronglifts/splits workout 3 days and an extra cardio/light lifts. Ive been on whey iso fr 2 weeks n adding 5kg every 2 weeks in 5 weeks, should i start taking creatine and if so how should i be taking them? I am focusing on strength gain,
>>
>>36903173
My lifts are bench 45 squat 40 ohp 25 curls 22.5
>>
>>36903173
As a beginner you need 0 supplements, adequate nutrition and increasing calories by 100-300 per day is an effective way to gain more weight and increase strength through muscle gain and neural adaptations. Also focus on 4-6 rep range with as heavy weight that you can do within that rep range.

You can creatine, but the problem with that is the additional creatine in the muscle may give you the ability to do weight for more repetitions and give it enough energy to expend and push more weight, but as a beginner you will have high risk for injury that way.

Once you get off creatine you will lose that placebo boost that you got.

My professional opinion: Focus on proper nutrition before you try to supplement the diet. The biggest mistake people make is that they replace real nutrition with an additive filled whey protein that only gives them the shits.
>>
File: Rep-Ranges[1].png (42KB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Rep-Ranges[1].png
42KB, 1008x1008px
>>36903118
Doesn't your chart contradict with this chart?
It's looks true that max strength gains come from <6 reps, but max hypertrophy should go from 1 to 12.

But I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, I'm just looking at the research and I don't even think the research knows what the fuck is going on
>>
>>36903036
>>36903118
>>36903044
Thanks bros

So, reps in the 6-12 range. Would you recommend something like a PPL routine or should I stick to basic compound lifts for now?
>>
>>36903332
it definitely doesn't;
>>
>>36903332

IIRC (and take this with a grain of salt, because I haven't read the old NSCA stuff in a long-arse time) the chart he's using is more or less derived from work with the older style of western periodization, which tends to drop volume as it pushes up the intensity/drops the reps. That ends up without most of the controlled factors seen in your chart, which can change the results.
>>
>>36903332
What this tells me is that their studies were either:
A.) Performed on individuals with little to no training experience. Which would have more effect in neural adaptations
And/Or
B. This was performed for 1 set rather than multiple sets (with the exception of Mitchel et al 2012 study).

This is interesting but I would have to read the peer reviewed article itself to see all the conditions that took place.
>>
I have a nutrition question that has been messing with me. When starting to cut, how should I divide my macros and calculate the calories I'm intaking?

What I did was calculate my TDEE, subtract 500, then divide the calories into 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat. Then I figure out the ratio in terms of my target calorie intake per day (760/760/380), and then divided them by 4, 4, and 9. Did I do the right thing, and is my ratio fucked up? It feels like a lot of protein, but maybe it's because I used to eat so much fruit and nuts and shit just as snacks to fill me up.
>>
>>36903516
More carbs less protein. 60% carbs and 20% protein is adequate. Your muscles use carbs as a fuel source and will actually get used. The same cannot be said for protein; the protein that your body does not use will get stored as fat. But if you do want to cut by negating most carbs, expect some muscle loss with it as the body when in a state of ketosis looks more for protein stores (muscle) and fat stores as a fuel source in place of carbohydrates. Just decrease calories by 100-300 per day with a 55-65% carbs, 15-25% protein, 10-20% fats ratio and you will retain muscle mass as you lose fat.

Also slower and longer cardio. You will burn more fat versus muscle doing 60 minutes of a fast paced walk uphill rather than doing HIIT stuff. HIIT may seem more effective, but you are just burning more calories in a shorter amount of time. You will deflate and not keep your full and veiny muscle look if you deplete the gycogen rather than use fat as a fuel source.
>>
For a beginner who can't afford weights and doesn't live near a gym, are there any routines that I can do with just body weight that would still help me get in shape?
>>
File: Monk.png (588KB, 1096x672px) Image search: [Google]
Monk.png
588KB, 1096x672px
how beneficial is this set of exercises
>>
>>36902000
So you barely know anything?
>>
>>36903613
This will only work as long as the body isn't adapted to the training. Once you plateau you can't really progress since your progression is based off of how much weight you can resist against yourself. Once you plateau you are only using the same weight from there on out. Sure you can increase reps/duration for more endurance, but the same will happen with that as well.
>>
>>36903595
If you have access to a straight bar to do pull-ups on, there are a lot of exercises you can do for the upper body. Otherwise squats, lunges, or variations of those and hold water/milk jugs full of rocks or sand to add weight. Set a goal like working toward a single-leg squat. Push-ups with variations, planche training, bar exercises, plyometric exercises.
>>
How much more difficult was the CSCS versus the CPT (if you even took the CPT)?
>>
>>36903730
I did not take the CPT, but a fellow co-worker did and the way she described it was this: The Certified Personal Trainer test is generalized for the basic population.

Example: 3-5 sets of 6-12 repetitions for hypertrophy for a person who wants to build muscle.

The CSCS is athlete specific and digs into very specific things for each type of athlete.

Example: A basketball player that is in his pre-season stage of his periodized training program and has a these stats:
Bench Press: 150lbs
Squat: 225lbs
Clean and Jerk: 155lbs
T-test time: 9.75 seconds

You have to think about the criteria at first, he is pre-season, which means his training should start to lean more toward skill based training rather than strength training. This means that his T-test should be practice? This can be a trick question because you can practice the T-test, but ultimately getting more speed in the pre-season will mean you will want to train the Clean and Jerk since it will increase your power, thus making the athlete faster.

TL:DR; CSCS is more athlete specific with much more science and precise training programs for each type of athlete.
>>
Hey /fit/, recovering overweight faggot here. Diet's been going fantastically, down almost 15 lbs since the beginning of March. Stats are 5'11" and 186.

My whole life I've wanted to get rid of my gut. How long does it take to finally go away? My estimates have my bodyfat hitting 12-ish% at 165, but it seems like 20 pounds wouldn't be that much of a gut, would it?
>>
>>36903840

It all depends on where your body stores fat. You could very well have most of that weight in your stomach, as like some people carry more fat in their hips.
>>
>>36903809
Yeah, I figured that was the case for the exam. Seem to see a lot of NFL, etc strength coaches being CSCS certified.

If you haven't answered this already where are you working/planning on getting into?
>>
>>36903879
I guess I can deal with that. A little discouraging to see so little progress week-to-week, but I guess that my body didn't get this way in two months.
>>
>>36903894
Keep working man, quitting is the absolute worst thing you can do to yourself. Keep a good balanced diet and stay persistent on your workouts. Push yourself past your limits with every workout and you will eventually reach enlightenment. Godspeed anon.
>>
>>36903936
Quitting ain't on the menu chief. As long as the scale keeps going down, I'm gonna stick to it.

Lucky for me this month's cheat day is next week. Making myself one hell of a gumbo.
>>
>>36903881
Right now I specialize in corrective exercise for athletes and the general public. It is a sort of physical therapy-esque training style meant to work out muscle imbalances and ultimately fix problems with the body like pain, tightness, range of motion or mobility, weakness.

I am currently working on my Masters and to be quite honest with you, I have no clue where that degree will lead me.
>>
File: Fuck you.jpg (39KB, 333x400px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.jpg
39KB, 333x400px
>>36903809
>>36903881
The CSCS is indeed the industry standard, However, the information that you study (at least in regards to training athletes) is over 30 years out of date. Yes, 30 years. I believe that is actually erring on the side of being generous (I'd have to check some dates desu).

The last edition of the text mentioned that the conjugate sequence system was a thing! My word! When I was at the CSCS headquarters last year, they seemed very excited that their next edition would contain actual information on the arcane and "new" training methods. From what it sounded like, maybe a few sentences!

tldr;

The certification is a joke.

However, they do put on very nice conferences (with several presenters who present current information). They are nice people. Also, their gym/headquarters is pretty badass.
>>
Alright /fit/, I am finished answering questions for the night. If you guys want to hear from me again, look out for a tripcode like "SunnyD."

I recommend newcomers to the thread to read through for some insight and maybe their questions will be answered by then. All of my answers are by the name OP.

Night all.
>>
>>36902381
I am doing a ppl routine 6 times a week hitting each muscle 2 times a week. The initial plan had me doing compound exercises for 3 sets of 5 but i have changed it to 1 set of 5, 3-4 sets of 8-12 to mainly focus on hypertrophy. I mainly want to gain size while upping my strenght little by little. Does this seem like a good way to acheive my goal? Thoughts/criticisms?
>>
>>36902000
I'm trying to third world squat/slav squat, but I can't with my heels down all of the way, or without taking an wide stance that I can't hold for very long, or go deep enough with.
Any tips?

>>36902307
Are your biceps really tense?
Try stretching them.
>>
File: 133.jpg (16KB, 250x370px) Image search: [Google]
133.jpg
16KB, 250x370px
>>36903975
>Right now I specialize in corrective exercise for athletes and the general public. It is a sort of physical therapy-esque training style meant to work out muscle imbalances and ultimately fix problems with the body like pain, tightness, range of motion or mobility, weakness.

Oh boy.

>I read me some blogs and now I'm an ex-pert on useless shit!

>I am currently working on my Masters and to be quite honest with you, I have no clue where that degree will lead me.

Oh boy.

Dude, you are wasting your money. The prospects for people with a Masters are piss poor and the competition is insane.

I would suggest you actually make a plan.

My suggestion would be:

Go private. Learn about business practices. Be aware that none of your clients care that you know 1001 corrective exercises, and you are probably just wasting their time anyways. Make sure they have fun.

Or, apply for 10001 different internships. Only get accepted for one. Become extremely poor since you aren't getting paid. Go on to work somewhere where you get maybe 30k (you can get more just by becoming a retail manager kek, which you can achieve in a month).
>>
>>36902673
Bump
>>
>>36902673
Dude there are like a gorrillion different muscles. You don't even have to memorize them all in Anatomy classes.

exrx has pretty decent general info.

>>36902801
>>36902749
Please don't do that
>>
>>36904047
Oh sorry, I forgot to mention that you are also wasting your time.
>>
File: goal-vs-avoid.jpg (144KB, 1305x735px) Image search: [Google]
goal-vs-avoid.jpg
144KB, 1305x735px
Am I correct in assuming that the guy on the right pretty much only focused on shoulders and arms, and ignored most of his torso? Or is it just his frame?

Is this easy for a skinny guy to avoid as long as I don't neglect anything?
>>
>>36904126
looks more like he ignored everything, including eating
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.