[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 26

File: bath_bomb.jpg (62KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
bath_bomb.jpg
62KB, 600x800px
Is it normal to have unevenly length bones?
My shin and humerus on the right side are longer than the left by a couple millimeters, just enough to notice.
>>
yeah ur mom should've gone over this in basic
>>
>>36878206
Normal? No
Rare? Also No
>>
>>36878206
no that is not normal but idk what you can do about it besides wearing special shoes
>>
I sort of lean forward with high bar squat, like pushing with my ass, arching my back

spoon feed me, what's the weak link here?
>>
Ive got a nagging pain on the outer side of my left glute/upper hamstring when I straighten myself out after rows/deadlifts? What do?
>>
>>36878267

no squat plug
>>
>>36878267
Deload and paused squat to fix that shitty habit. You need to work dem quads. Remember to spread your knees and keep your back rigid on the way up.
>>
Should I add front squats to SS so my quads don't look all fucked up at the end of it?
>>
>>36878373
you're legs are gonna be fucked up regardless from SS
>>
>>36878388
I know they are going to be big but will it help to make once a week front squats so that I develop the part of my quads around the knee more so its not a bunch of mass at the top then nothing near the knee?
>>
Do you count the weight of the bar? How much does it weigh?
>>
>>36878409
>so its not a bunch of mass at the top then nothing near the knee
I don't think this happens unless you use half the ROM you should be using.
Anyway I wouldn't "add" front squats if I were you since you're already doing so much leg work. Maybe replace one squat session weekly with front squats like in the standard Texas Method template.
>>
I think my right trap is smaller than my left trap

Is it possible?
>>
>>36878434
Obviously.

A standard Olympic barbell is 20 kilos/44 pounds (or 20.4 kilos/45 pound in the US). Smaller bars and other specialty bars exist but they can weight anything between 7 and 30 kilos.
>>
Lifting first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, good idea or no?

Also, how to fix being painfully unphotogenic?
>>
>>36878434
I don't count it in my notes, I only count the plates on one side of the bar.
Makes it a gappy surprise when I decide to figure the true total.
>>
>>36878460
>Is it possible?
Absolutely. It's pretty common to have a bunch of asymmetries when you look for them. It's not necessarily something you'll be able to do anything about, but on the other hand you're probably the only person who'll ever notice.
>>
>>36878478
You don't want to lift completely fasted (unless you really like doing so for whatever reason). You can get results but it won't be optimal.

I've been training first thing in the morning for some years now. What I do is bring a shake of maltodextrin, which is a rapidly absorbed carbohydrate, and some BCAA (about the only time BCAAs are useful in any way). I sip this shake during the workout. And then I eat a proper meal when I get home.

I've found that I can lift fasted, but after about 45 minutes my blood sugar crashes hard, which not only hampers performance but also spikes cortisol.
>>
>>36878448
when I meant add I actually meant replace and I do full rom so I will try them and see how they feel and maybe go from there
>>
>>36878305

thanks famalam
>>
I'm on a cut and haven't been to the gym all week due to injury, will I lose any gains?
>>
>>36878478
soz mate you're just ugly
>>
>>36878508
Cheers bro
>>36878522
What I feared but yet I hoped.
>>
>>36878521
Hard to say. Some people come back stronger after a layoff if they really needed it.
You may have lost some strength but it'll be back relatively quickly.

On a side note, don't stay out of the gym. There are always ways to work around injuries.
>>
>>36878478
Bad idea bro. You wil feel exhausted and nauseous especially if you lift heavy with high intensity. It happened to me once, I drank my morning coffee without eating anything and went to the gym like a fool, I had to grab a protein bar from the buffet because I felt so unbeliveably weak after a couple sets of deads and rows.
>>
Is it legit to start off with SS+accessories then switch to Greyskull+accessories after ~3 to 4 months and keep going until i stop progressing on that?
>>
>>36878536

Less worried about strength more about the weight I'm losing being more muscle than fat.

I managed to get in on Wednesday for some front squats and rows but that must have aggravated my neck more
>>
>>36878599
Why not just start out doing GSLP?
>>
>>36878592
Would a protein shake about an hour earlier be enough for a gym session?
I just really don't like cooking right in the morning so a protein shake is what I normally have in the mornings but at the moment I work out in the afternoon and I'll have eaten by then but I want to start working out in the morning.
>>
>>36878632
More gloots?
>>
>>36878663
Seriously?
>>
>>36878206
Is there any point in taking protein powder after doing some intense cardio?
>>
File: couch to 5k.png (635KB, 1288x3200px) Image search: [Google]
couch to 5k.png
635KB, 1288x3200px
How fast is jogging and walking for this?
>>
5/3/1 or the texas method? what are the aims of each (strength, mass etc)?

just finished dan john's/pavel tsatouline's easy strength (the 40 day thing) and make insane gains but now want to bulk and don;t wanna do russian bear again.
>>
>>36878649
You need carbs to fuel your workout, not protein.
>>
>>36878708
Texas Method is pretty low volume. As is 5/3/1 but the Boring But Big variation of it is good for bulking up. Many people have done well on that.

Mind sharing your progress on Easy Strength? I did it some years ago, completely forgot about it.
>>
>>36878699
There really is no hard and fast rule for how fast you should run or jog

I honestly believe that you should go at a pace that allows you to finish the runs and walks but enough to be a challenge.
So that doesn't mean a full out sprint on the run section or something that is just above a slow walk for the run sections.
A good jog/ that you can keep up, with good controlled breathing, for the length of the run section.

The walk section? Walk so you can catch your breath. A good power walk would kick your ass but it would get you faster sooner.
>>
>>36878754
I'm doing 4/6.5 mph right now. I was wondering if it was normal for me to want to die after finishing each jog step or if I just need to slow down a bit.
>>
>>36878731
thanks, i was leaning more towards 5/3/1 anyway.

my easy strength progress was so (for singles):

OHP: 70kg --> 82kg
Bench: 110kg --> 133kg
Deadlift: 165kg --> 211.5kg

this program blew me away. i never did the squats, pullups or the carries like you're supposed to, and my results probably suffered for it.
>>
>>36878791
forgot to mention, was cutting from 83kg and reached 79kg by the end.
>>
>>36878791
Impressive. I had a similar experience, although I'm not quite as strong as you.
>>
>>36878791
What were your average intensities on the regular 5 rep days?
>>
>Used to be 5'7
>now 5'6

Is it cuz i started walking around a lot?
>>
>>36878817
i followed it exactly how i read about in a study published by (i think) dan john. can't find it just now. i increased the intensities over time of course. well actually, i started cycling the intensities, increasing the weights (very slowly) over the course of a two week block, then at the beginning of the next week i began at a weight a little higher than i started with 2 weeks ago and then increased that in a similar fashion over the course of these next two weeks, and so on. i think the lowest intensities i ever hit for sets of 5 were 55% of my 1RM and the highest were 80% of my 1RM, so really not high at all.

average i'd say was about 65%.
>>
>>36878728
Spoonful of peanut butter, protein shake and then some jerky after my workout or not enough carbs?
>>
i got some vitamins recently and i feel like they are just not doing anything
every time ive taken one, the next time i piss it just comes out really yellow and smells awful
its going right through my body isnt it?
are these things a scam or am i doing it wrong?
>>
>>36878832
19 by the way how do i reverse or fix this?
>>
Yo I matched with a qt3.14 on tinder
Yada yada yada
She asked for my number and we arranged a date for next week.

Till then what do I do? Speak to her every off day? Every day some small talk? I'm a bit autismo when it comes to texting.
>>
1) How long does it take for the excess skin to disappear after weight loss? How do I determine if the flabs are just abnormal amount of skin + normal amount of fat versus normal amount of skin + abnormal amount of fat?

2) Lost 22 kilos over half a year, does that qualify as "rapid" weight loss and should I look out for any health risks? My kidneys were fucked since before (multiple cysts), if that's relevant.
>>
>>36878775
You might want to get a heart rate monitor, I found it a lot easier to pick a pace that kept me at under 180bpm rather than sticking to an arbitrary speed.
>>
>>36878885
Spoonful of peanut butter is hardly a meal. Protein shake doesn't count. And eating not after workout, but BEFORE. You need to eat if you want to grow, aim for at least 400-600 calories in the morning, it's not much, eat some sandwiches god damn it, I hope you're not scared of bread like all those memesters on /fit/?

Here's a breakfast thread, ask there if you need ideas what to eat:
>>36878721
>>
>>36879078
Cheers man I'll check out the other thread.
Not afraid of bread just can't eat it.
>>
>>36878694
bump for question
>>
>>36879170
I mean depending on what cardio you do it might help develop any torn muscle u got, ofc. If you just went for a light jog I don't think it'll help though.
>>
My arms are the hardest most annoying to work out

I can curl 15kg been doing arms for weeks now and they don't seem to be growing, can't rep a 17kg more than twice.

I try training programs and I take proteins but my arms are stuck at beta mode
>>
>>36878267
Depending on your proportions, your knees might be too far back for high squat.

>>36878373
>>36878409
You should probably add them because they're recommended as part of the standard novice endgame recommendations.

>>36878460
>>36878206
Skeletomuscular asymmetry is both more common and more extreme than most people realize. It's annoying but not a big deal.
>>
>>36879277
Nah I push myself fairly hard on challenging terrain, definitely not a light jog. I suppose I may as well give it a try.
>>
>>36879311
Sometimes you need to take one step back in order to take two steps forward.
Pick a weight that you can handle for 10 reps and do 4x8. Over time work up to being able to do 4x9. This may happen on the next workout or it may take longer - doesn't matter as long as you're getting there. Then go for 4x10, then 11, then 12 reps per set.
Then you increase the weight a little bit and start over at 8 reps.
Keep going like this for a couple of years and I think you'll like the results.

And also please understand that you need to eat sufficiently to grow. You can't build muscle out of nothing. If you're not slowly gaining bodyweight, then you can't expect your arms to grow no matter how hard you train.
And don't forget to train the rest of your body either. Nobody ever had 20 inch arms on a 135 lbs frame.
>>
File: avokado-kananmuna.jpg (184KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
avokado-kananmuna.jpg
184KB, 1024x576px
How do I reognize omega-6 fat sources from omega-3 sources?
>>
I'm feeling lightheaded after pendlay rows. I follow the 5x5 tutorial and breathe in at the start of the rep and exhale at the end of the rep, but when I finish my five reps and stand up I feel lightheaded. Sometimes I even wait a couple of seconds and breathe before standing up but same shit happens. I am worried because I just started doing them correcly with somewhat light weight (50kg) and this is happening. What should I do?
>>
>>36879370
With google
>>
>>36879447
thats answer actually helped
>>
Can fat sustain muscle growth?
>>
>>36878832
>>36878939
People are not supposed to shrink, especially 19 y olds. Go see a doctor. It could be scoliosis, and it can be something way worse, but it's always bad.
>>
Started lifting 2 ish months ago. My deadlift started somewhere around 230ish and I'm up to 295lbs now.
I feel good and confident in the lift but today I experienced some scary shit.

Complete blackness in vision like when you rub your eyes too hard and I felt faint and dizzy. I did my next set but stopped at 1x5 then did 1x3 because I was pretty concerned.
I'm assuming it has something to do with my blood pressure getting spiked during the lift from holding my breath at the start of the lift, releasing at the top, breathing in and holding it on the descent.

Does it get better? Am I fucking up?
I want this, bros, I'm going to make it. I asked a gymgoer about it and he didn't have anything of substance to say on the subject. Go see doc? Is he going to be cool when I tell him I'm hoisting 300lbs?
>>
>>36879551
It's happens, especially when you're new to lifting and you attempt a max dl, nothing to be worried about, just means you strained your central nervous system hard, keep deadlifting hard for them CNS gains.
>>
>>36879511
Not entirely

Fat is stored energy, if you're burning fat through fasting it's going to eat away at your gains also.
>>
>>36879608
>just means you strained your central nervous system
Sounds unlikely. How do you figure that?
>>
How much is too much exercise?
>>
File: legoldenmanofcommercialgyms.gif (9KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
legoldenmanofcommercialgyms.gif
9KB, 195x195px
Is just holding the barbell an actual exercise? As my deadlift is going up I'm having a harder time holding the bar in double overhand so one day I went to the shrug rack, loaded up 80% of my 5rm diddy weight, pulled it off the rack and held it for like 10 seconds. Did 3x5 of this and my forearms were really feeling it. Do you guys think this could be decent grip work or should I just do loaded carries or some shit instead?
>>
>>36879682
If you start bleeding from the eyes you've gone over the top. Otherwise you're fine.
>>
How do you guys go about missed weeks?
So i was sick, this last week.

I am doing Texas Methode right now. Today i am going to workout again.

Should i lower the weight? Maybe do SS for a week or two, till i am at the numbers i was before? Or should i just do the weight wich feels right?
>>
Can someone help a novice
Some /fit/ friends I have suggested ICF 5x5, but /fit/ recommends SS
Which is better to fix my body up before focusing on specific weaknesses?
>>
>>36879729
That's just a static hold, yes good for forearms and grip strength
>>
File: WAKEMEUP.png (171KB, 680x115px) Image search: [Google]
WAKEMEUP.png
171KB, 680x115px
>Woken up by horrible cramps at 3 am
Google tells me I have a potassium deficiency and its not that big of a deal.

Please tell me I'm not along in having this.
>>
File: XbsMMJU.jpg (81KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
XbsMMJU.jpg
81KB, 547x465px
I've been doing SS for 2 weeks now and after reading all the t-rex memes i've decided to switch to the Phraks greyskull.

So the question is will the program look like this:
day1 - Ohp, chinups, squats and curls
day 2 - bench press, barbell rows, dl and skullcrushers
day 3 - Ohp, chinups, squats and curls

pls send help
>>
>>36879803
Yes and the following week would look like this:

Day 1 - Bench press, barbell rows, squat, skullcrushers
Day 2 - OHP, chin-up, deadlift, curls
Day 3 - Bench press, barbell rows, squat, skullcrushers

Everything alternates except squats and deadlifts that are always on the same days.
>>
>>36879551

Deadlifts are very taxing for the body.. Vision problems happen because of sharp rise in blood pressure. You may see floating stars or lose vision completely for a short time, you could pass out too. Deadlifts will get easier the more you do them. Oh, and remember to breathe, not breathing at the top and just repping like an autist will cause problems too.
>>
>>36879862
Word.
I explained my breathing in my post. I mean... yeah completely went black in my vision with my eyes open. Scary shit, had to take a knee.
>>
File: 1461248668831.jpg (29KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
1461248668831.jpg
29KB, 500x318px
I get bloated during the week and take fairly small shits, then shit my brains out on Friday morning.

Wtf is up with me?
>>
So I've spoken with Johnny Pain and I asked him if this was decent:

A

Bench 2x5,1x5+
Curls 2x10-12
Dips 2x6-8
Squat 2x5,1x5+
Abs 2x10

B

Press 2x5,1x5+
Chinup 2x6-8
Pendlay Rows 2x6-8
Dlift 1x5+
Calf Raises 1x20

He said to ditch Dips and Rows but it's good otherwise. What do you think? Why do you think he told me to remove dips, aren't they very important?
>>
>>36879803
>>36879845

Read >>36880135
>>
>>36880135
>Why do you think he told me to remove dips, aren't they very important?
I can only guess but he probably deemed it was excessive. I mean they're both great exercises, but you have to realize that his training philosophy is about going all-out on the working sets - no half-assing. What this means is that if you include an extra, big compound exercise before the squats/deadlifts, your performance on these will be compromised. Also I have to think that if it were a better program with an additional compound exercise per day, he'd probably have made it that was as the standard, no?

Personally I think your idea would work fine, but who am I to question his experience.
>>
>>36879729
do farmers walk
>>
At work, I try and drink plenty, which means I need the toilet every hour or two.

Should I go to the toilets upstairs, which is a short walk, or on the same level but the other side of the building?

Short + stairs, or long but no stairs?
>>
Does sucking in my stomach, exercise my stomach muscles at all?

Will I get a flatter stomach at all.
>>
>>36880229
Doing stomach vacuums (it's an exercise, look it up) is claimed to help. But otherwise, no.

And please realize that these things are what may give you that extra 1%. If you're a fat piece of crap, you need to focus your attention elsewhere.
>>
>>36880216
Stairs are better in general. You'll walk around anyway, but stairs give resistance.
>>
>>36878958

Jesus Christ.

Don't talk to her AT ALL.

Not a fucking peep. That's what the date is for.

On the morning of, you can re-confirm/tell her which bar to meet you at.

That's it, don't overthink it.
>>
>>36879770
Bodybuilding > icf
Powerlifting/ general strength > ss with accessories
>>36879040
1 depends on age and hydration and the amount of collagen in your body.
Skin fold calipers are good if you're under 20% bf
2 depends on your initial weight, ask your doc
>>36878903
Eat your veggies damnit
>>
Is half a chicken breasts enough protein?
Alternatively: What are some protein rich snack foods.
>>
>>36880316
Beef jerky
>>
>>36880343
I love jerky but its so expensive
>>
>>36878206
Question for my gf:
>she's 5'7 / 155
>decides she wants to diet and exercise
>has been doing jillian michaels HIIT, yoga, running, etc.
>she's fucking up her knees
>it feels like there's fluid around them (pr they're just swollen in general)
>she won't listen to any advice i give about squat form

Wtf am i supposed to do? She's wrecking her shit. Are there any exercises she can do to actually help her knees? What about actual BB squats and lunges instead of that bodyweight shit? Will that help her or make it worse?

I have a home gym with full rack and bumper plates btw.
>>
>>36880387
What exercises is she doing to wreck her knees?
>>
How significant is the thermic effect of food?

Should it be taken into consideration when counting cals?
>>
>>36880431
I only watched her do part of the JM dvds, but there are a few variations of bodyweight squats that i think are the main issue.

Also, she complains about her knee after running on the treadmill, but i think the squats are making things musch worse
>>
>>36880444
Proper form on a squat shouldn't be stressing her knees, guy.
>>
>>36880441
No
>>
>>36880444
Running can be hard as shit on the knees. When I cut out running in favor of biking and kettlebell stuff, my knee problems went away.
>>
>>36880135
Bump what do you think of this
>>
>>36878599
>>36878632
>>36878663
Starting on SS would give you a boost with the squat.
>>
>>36879078
>Protein shakes aren't food
>Whey isn't food
>>
Cardio after lifting is optimal than cardio on rest days I was told

After squats and shit I feel like my legs are spaghetti. What cardio I can do besides running?
>>
>>36880250
My diet is pretty good overall I'd say. Could always be better sure, but not terrible. I'm not a fat slob, so yeah wouldn't expect it to make a difference in that case. But awesome, I'll do my best to do stomach vaccuums.
>>
Will facepulls fix forward head?
>>
Is switching to dumbbels on bench press a good idea? Lack of safeties and spotters makes benching barbell quite risky for me. My 3x5 PR is 80 kg.
>>
>>36878478
I do all my lifting in the late morning after my classes, but i hate breakfast, so i only have a greek yogurt (if that). I dont feel hindered by that
>>
>>36878599
Greyskull is better
>>
>>36878694
If you're not getting enough from your diet, then sure. Protein powder is just a kind of food
>>
>>36878832
Probably have worse posture or something
>>
File: plankchallengeimg-638x424.jpg (17KB, 638x424px) Image search: [Google]
plankchallengeimg-638x424.jpg
17KB, 638x424px
can I do plank everyday
>>
>>36879729
The retards saying to do farmers walks instead don't realize that the actual workout doesnt come from the walking. Thats just a measure. Holding just a barbell will work too. You could even do forearm curls or put a towel around the bar
>>
>>36879795
You're becoming a woman.

Congratulations!
>>
>>36880577
Protein shakes don't have any carbs. Try to follow.
>>
>>36880976
Yeah but a big benefit is strengthening your core and stabilizer muscles from carrying the weight and keeping form throughout.

Keep being that fucking autismo that stands in the corner of a gym with two dumbells and Linkin Park playing so loud through your headphones everyone can hear it, and thinking you're out smarting the guys actually doing farmers walks though friendo.
>>
Why when I do compound lifts do I barely feel it anywhere but my arms? Squats being the exception.
>>
>>36880926
can you?
>>
What supplements will give me the metabolism of a teenager? I eat around 1500 calories I'm only maintaining at 166.
>>
may I be in ottermode without steroids?
>>
>>36882061
Yes.
>>
>>36881911
Being a teenager.
>>
What is the best way to get over DOMS?

I didn't go to the gym for three weeks because of the flu, finally went three days ago and I have serious DOMS, so bad I postponed todays workout for tomorrow. I've been drinking shakes and eating more protein, but it didn't help
>>
what should my lifts be at before switching from starting strength
>>
>>36882229
Read the sticky
Exercise more is best
Foam roll and stretch helps

>>36882454
Whenever you can't make more linear progress
General shot on /fit/ is 1/2/3/4 plates

>>36881911
Metabolism doesn't vary as much from person-person as you think it does
Move more

>>36881076
What lifts?
Post form checks. Get better form

>>36880807
No
Especially not if you cheat by allowing your head to move forwards on reps
Best way to fix posture is to consciously force it over time and stretch

>>36880770
Swim
Bike
Play sports
Anything that has you move and elevate heart rate

>>36880387
Her running form is probably shit
Her squat form is probably shit too

Running with bad form is fucking retarded, literally banging your joints against the ground x F

>>36880316
IIFYM

>>36880135
Exercise order is dumb. Heavy compounds first, isolations later. So do not do curls before dips or squats. And do deadlifts before rows or chinups.

Looks fine to me, otherwise

>>36879757
Your post screams of 'not ready for TM'
If you are actually intermediate and ave missed a week, jsut repeat whatever numbers you have already hit the week before, or reduce 5-10 lb so you know that you will haev a successful week
>>
>>36882576
>what lifts?

Bench, OHP, deadlift, rows and Lat pull downs mostly.

Will work on recording for a form check.
>>
File: 312924_full.jpg (85KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
312924_full.jpg
85KB, 1000x664px
How do I balance lifting with other exercise? I am doing SL 3 times a week and trying to do cardio another 3, with 1 rest day. But I want to start taking some mma classes or something, looks fun. But I don't know where/how to fit that in. Thanks /fit/
>>
>>36882728
The answer will ultimately be to improve your form
>deadlift
No way you should feel it in your arms. Keep your elbows LOCKED, they should not bend at all. Keep the bar as close to you as possible, right up against your shins. Watch videos on how to deadlift, practice doing SLDLs
youtube.com/watch?v=ToXDFLXL1uo
youtube.com/watch?v=tFnwEsqJABU
youtube.com/watch?v=iQ5rY_beDLY

All the others, focus on MOVING your elbows, not your hands or the bar. More movement from the shoulder, less bending/extending of the elbow

>bench
Touch point should be BELOW the nipple before lifting back up. Pinch your shoulder blades down and back as hard as you can throughout the movement
youtube.com/watch?v=kLPs9B3KpNA

>OHP
This is a little more believable
youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU
youtube.com/watch?v=tMAiNQJ6FPc

>rows and pulldowns
Move the elbows from the shoulder joint and squeeze your back, don't just belt your elbow like a curl. Squeeze the back. You can practice this with lighter cable pulls (pulldowns and rows)
>>
File: Shame.png (945KB, 1536x863px) Image search: [Google]
Shame.png
945KB, 1536x863px
How lean could I get in about 2 months with diet and mostly cardio famalam? I'm ready to do what it takes and mostly want the belly fat gone.

Got a job with Forest Service wildland fire suppression team and don't want to shame myself
>>
>>36882751
This is a REALLY syupid question m8. Do the retarded punching class when you are not working out or running. How do you need other people to tell you this?
>>
>>36883063
You are literally answerting the question IN the god damn question. You can get lean with diet and cardio. You aren't going to look good leaner IMO though.
>>
>>36883109
Alright well yeah I guess it was an obvious statement, but what would you recommend in only 2 - 2.5 months time. I know massive changes aren't possible, but it would be nice to have noticeable progress and better endurance.
>>
>>36883125
Why keep asking the same question?
IF YOU WANT TO LEAN OUT, THEN CUT CALORIES AND/OR DO CARDIO.
Read the sticky if you still haven't figured out how to do this.

What kind of answer are you hoping to get? The secret to dropping fat quick? Guess what buddy, it does not excist.
>>
>>36883094
thank m8 u really cleared that up.
>>
>>36879803

Is Phrak's the new generally recommended beginner program? I'm 5'9" 216 (weighed this morning). I just finished week 3 of SS + some chins/negatives (cause it's what I'm familiar with). So far lost ~6lbs which is about right I think.

Was lifting a couple years back but then got married, bought a house, switched jobs, and had a baby all in the same year. Now I have a nice gym in my basement and I'm back in, but starting over... If this is the new hotness I'll switch.
>>
>>36883094
>>36883109
>>36883171
Calm down m8 you;re going to have yourself a heart attack

>>36883063
Leaner, you don't have many gains though
>>36883109
He'll looker better, but not 'good', agreed.
>>
>>36883198
The point Iam trying to get trough is, do whatever the fuck you want. Do you want to lift and get strong? Then do your program, do you want to do MMA, then do mma? Are you too tired to do it all? Then pick one and ditch the other.
>>
Just bit feeling it in my quads after I squat. I well it more in my hips. I do high bar and front squat.

Am I doing shit wrong?

I wear OLY shoes as well
>>
>>36883290
Just not* fug you pone
>>
>>36883219
>>36879803

Bampskis
>>
>>36878206
I hate squatting, what do ?
>>
>>36882576
Johnny Pain says to go upper body then lower body. I do agree on dips before curls, but following this reasoning shouldn't squat still be done last?
>>
The last 3 or 4 times I've had a protein shake I've had diarrhea 10 minutes later. I use a nutribullet to blend it up, which makes it foamy, and I think this may be upsetting my digestive system. I'm 100% NOT lactose intolerant, and I poop normally 2-3 times per day. Obviously I'll start eliminating variables to narrow it down, (blended vs. unblended, post-workout vs. any other time of the day), but I was wondering if anybody has experienced something similar.
>>
>>36883413
Don't do them. It is not like it is the only leg excercise. Granted that it is maybe THE best excercise, it is not mandatory. If you are not having fun while lifting, it is not going to last anyway, so do whatever yu feel is fun.
>>
>>36883606
10 minutes is not long enough time for the shake to go all the way trough your colon.
>>
>>36883413
do jerks

you'll be especially good at them if you're gay or bisexual
>>
Anyone tried metcon 2 for lifting? How is it? (No bare foot; my gym doesn't allow)
>>
>>36883823
I would suggest getting some shoes with a flat heel instead. The softer the sole, the less stabile and more dangerous.
>>
I'm currently 6"0, 170lb and cutting. It might sound weird but absolutely none of my weight is muscle. I can hardly do 1x1 of push-ups. I'm also stuck in a weird T-Rex mode as all of my fat goes to my ass and thighs.

At about what weight can I start resistance training and get rid of the terrible physique?
>>
File: 1460437353866.jpg (33KB, 552x475px) Image search: [Google]
1460437353866.jpg
33KB, 552x475px
When I work legs I get a massive burn in my quads. Its the only muscle group that really burns when I train it.

Is this normal?
>>
>>36883171
>>36883063

Ok let me ask it more specifically.
Would running say 3-4 miles a day outside on a varying landscape show results within a 2 months time period. This would be coupled with eating 500 or so calories subtracted from my TDEE and other factors such as drinking and sleeping enough.

I live in the middle of nowhere currently and do not have access to a true gym. I do however have a weight bench, a full set of dumbbells from like 5lbs to 60lbs or so, and a pull up bar.

I'm guessing I'm asking for a good routine that utilizes mostly body weight exercise and dumbbells. If I could go to a non-shot gym I would, but that's not an option for me at the moment.

Thanks for any feedback
>>
>>36883861
It is never too early to start resistance training. Just make sure you start out light to avoid joint damage.

>>36883902
Form is a very big factor in how much you use the different bodyparts. It can also depend on how balanced your muscles are compared to each other. If youhip/hamstrings are very strong compared to your quads, they might be working harder to keep standing.

You can record yourself and look at your form to see if you get below parralel.
If you feel like you need a pump, you can do some more acessorie work.
>>
>>36883902
Depends on exercise. Are you sure your form is correct? Is quad the core muscle group for that exercise? If yes for the above, it's probably because your quads are weaker than other muscles - normal.
>>
>>36883971
Alright m8, good questions gets real answers.

Two months is not a very long time i terms of bulidng muscles. Cardio or not, as long as you are in a caloric defecit, you will be loosing weight. If you are concerned about your preformance then i would recomend doing both some resitance work and cardio. You Will be able to lean down fin in two months if you do well, but with training and running your confidence will almost guarenteed go up.

Learning where your bodys limitations are, and pushing them does wonders to your pshycic.
>>
>>36883974
>>36883976
Thanks. It probably is because they are weaker. I'm too poor for a squat rack / gym membership, so I do p90x calisthenics. Lunges, wall-sits, etc. I hardly think form is the concern. I just need to stop skipping leg day. Fuark.
>>
File: tmp_10220-cover1584273167.jpg (255KB, 525x650px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10220-cover1584273167.jpg
255KB, 525x650px
Few questions bros

Should I try nitric oxide or is it just a meme?
If so, is bad to combine it with creatine?

Are fat gripz good or just a meme?

Is meal prepping any convenient?

Thanks a lot
>>
>>36884016
Thanks man, I'll keep up the daily cardio and start doing some bodyweight resistance exercises. I've lost 70lbs so far and hopefully I can continue to do so as I get my diet a little better.

The exercises we will perform daily on this summer job are extremely similar to boot camp (running, hiking, push up, pull up, etc.) so I'm mostly trying to increase my cardiovascular endurance and health at this point.
>>
>>36884057
You can also mix it up. Do some box jumps and practice your vertical jump.
>>
>>36884093
Fat gripz is a way to increase the work your forearms needs to do.
Meal prepping is good if you like it. Some people prefer to cook daily and others dont. I all comes down to your own preferences.
>>
>>36884103
In any case, if you start doing thins daily, your body will adpept fast to the added work. The human body is truely amazing.
>>
>>36883845
That means I need to bring 2 shoes.. kind of troublesome

Nike marketed that shoe as "flat sole". Is it good enough?

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/launch/c/2016-01/nike-metcon-2
>>
>>36884214
What i do is, wear whatever shoes you want, and when i am doing squats and DL i just lift in my socks. Never otten any problems doing that.
>>
>>36884269
Gym rule is the problem for me bro
>>
What do you guys think of HST? Anyone ever tried it? Im getting sick of brosplit and wanna do something new this looks pretty interesting
>>
>>36884343
I would recomend shoes like converse. The less sole the better.
>>
>>36880837
You can't bench in a squat or power rack with the safeties?
>>36880926
Probably not a great idea, if it's intensive. If it's just a quick wellness thing with stretching and stuff, then it's probably fine.
>>
im going to try some bodypart split. 4-5 days a week. im 175/75 and lifts:
Back Squat: 162 kg
Front Squat: 96 kg
Deadlift: 174 kg
Bench Press: 115 kg
Overhead Press: 70 kg

home gym, good idea?
>>
File: 1452964665113.jpg (288KB, 785x880px) Image search: [Google]
1452964665113.jpg
288KB, 785x880px
>>36881076
Your form may be off, and your arms are weaker than your chest/delts.
Probably anyway, pay attention to form or get mediocre gains and injuries.
>>36881911
Teenage metabolism is kind of a meme. It's just that older people become more inactive, and their bodies start to die slowly.
Cardio more, take some caffeine and possibly some ephedrine OR yohimbe on a cut.
>>
Does anyone have experience with the PSMF diet routine?
>>
What shoulder and triceps routines do y'all have? My upper arm is all biceps and need to grow the rest but I'm struggling.
>>
>>36884602
How do you train tris and delts now?
>>
>>36884602
I would also like info on Arm/Shoulder routines.

I usually just do the classic curls, skullcrushers, and lateral raises.
>>
>>36884893
do more anterior and posterior delt workouts

do less fucking curls for godsakes
>>
>>36884363
Got it, thanks
>>
>>36884893
Do some compund. Try some close grip bench, BB and DB press.
>>
>>36884927
What kind of calisthenics would I do for those?

I have no access to weights. Could I do military pushups for anterior? What, then, for posterior?
>>
Should I take BCAAs before and after a workout or during a workout and then once at night. Or before, during and after or all times mentioned?
>>
>>36884961
>>36884961
>BB and DB Press

so basically OHP?
>>
How do scientists come up with calories? I know it's a measurement of energy, but how do they find out exactly how much is in each piece of food?
>>
>>36885004
Burn dat shit mate
>>
>>36884999
>nice trips

Yea i guess. Each lift has its own benefits. Seated DB press got some more stability work in your shoulders compared to the core stability in the OHP or military pres.

>>36885004
as that guy said. You see how much energy there is in food by burning it, and messuring how much energy it puts out.
>>
>>36885004
>>36885021
A calorie is a unit of measurement, like a Watt. It's the amount of energy needed to heat 1 liter of water 1 degree Celsius.

So yeah they basically just burn that shit.
>>
I just read the sticky... is 1.5g protein per pound really advisable for cutting? That would mean that I'm consuming 210g protein every day, which seems excessive to me but it's not like I no any better...

Also I heard that skim milk is a good milk choice, but mine indicates it has 30g sugar (saturated) per 600m... should I dump it?
>>
>>36885143
A wise anon once told me: Subtract your body fat% by your total weight and that number is how many grams of protein you should aim for.

i.e. 20% body fat on a 200lb male. That leaves roughly 160lbs of lean muscle excluding bones / organs. Therefore 160grams of protons a day.
>>
>>36884466
I have only pic related, but without safeties. So, It would prevent the bar from falling on my face/neck but thats all. Using it would also be quite inconvenient for other reasons. Anyway, whats with the dumbbel bench press, is it an option?

>inb4 your gym sucks, find different one
It is a small gym in apartment building where I live. Its pretty well equiped in terms of strength training, but doesnt have pretty much any safeties for some reason.
>>
Just did arms and upper body for 4 hours because I ate a whole dominoes pizza and garlic bread, shit was like 3000 cal

Is it normal to have chest pain and muscle spasm ?
>>
File: squat rack.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
squat rack.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>36885300
Forgot the pic... thats most similar to the squat rack I have at the gym, but without those spotting arms.
>>
>>36885312
Eat an alkaseltzer and a liter of cola and do inverted stomach punches. You'll burn the calories in no time.
>>
>>36884343
Bump
>>
>>36885218
Well, now I'm confused, can someone weigh in with some source for this?
>>
>>36885597
Also, as an addendum... is it really bad if I eat too much protein?

I'm guessing yes because different food types have different numbers of calories right?
>>
>>36885621
>>36885597
>>36885143
The sticky says to eat 1g per lb of bodyweight, not 1.5. You don't need that much though. Maybe .79 per lb.
>>
>>36885722
"Cutting Diet:
Calories: TDEE - 500 calories
Protein: 1.5+ grams per lb. bodyweight"

Alright, well I'll take that on board anyway. http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>>
>>36885312

>Doing upper body for max caloric burn

You're doing it wrong, bro. Calories burned is highly linearly correlated with amount of work performed on the bar. High rep squats are the way to go.

To answer your question, you have annihilated your muscles, and should probably take a week off from lifting with them in order to recover properly. Get lots of electrolytes and simple carbs post workout for better recovery as well.
>>
'>>36885300
>>36885351
Try to petition to the person who's in charge of it, for a cheapo $100-200 power rack.
One of the smaller ones, like at rippletits gym.
Get approval, and post it on the wall or something, have most of the people there sign it.
Make a case for the safety aspect.
DB pressing is fine too, but not ideal for strength purposes. Make sure you're doing it right, watch rippletit's video on proper DB pressing.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 553x793px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 553x793px
Just getting back into lifting and dieting.

should I tailor my diet to cut or to build based on my current physique?

>pic related
>>
>hurt upper trap, causing shoulder pains
>take 3 week layoff due to injury
>3 weeks in, the injury is still there and doesn't seem like it's improving

Jesus fuck. I've been doing rehabs, heating, massaging, and I'm still getting fucking nowhere.

Am I supposed to just keep playing the passive route and 'hope' that my shit heals up, while I lose all my gains?
>>
>>36885944

Definitely cut.
>>
>>36878206
I am stuck at 1pl8 bench, I can do 5x5 easily but once I try to go up by 5kg or even 2.5kg the difference is insane and I usually fail at 3rd set 4th 5th rep.

What do ? Stay at 1 pl8t or keep lifting the increased weight till I am able to do 5x5 of it. Got to lift heavy to get stronger right ?
>>
>>36885990

Mix in some DB press, incline BB, declineBB, and flies.
>>
>>36885990

eat more, sleep more, drink more water
>>
>>36884988
bump
>>
I can press 70kg for an easy triple, yet struggle to push press 50kg for 5.

y
>>
>>36885944
>should I tailor my diet to cut or to build based on my current physique?

I'd kill myself
>>
>>36886025
You don't need them at all if you're eating enough protein throughoutthe day.
>>
>>36886048

you gotta start somewhere, faggot
>>
>>36886049
I train in the morning fasted, so I'm getting BCAAs to help with fatigue and catabolism.
>>
>>36886048
You should probably just do that anyways.
>>
File: goal.jpg (104KB, 400x1023px) Image search: [Google]
goal.jpg
104KB, 400x1023px
I'm a DYEL chubby fat interested in getting fit and I started by calculating my TDEE. I was surprised to see that it was 2,519 calories a day.

I feel that I actually eat much less than that, like I probably rarely break 2000. Is it because what I'm eating is shit and not good quality? I would think that regardless of the quality of the calories you consume you would lose weight if you were under your TDEE.

Pic related is my goal
>>
>>36886109

In that case, take them first thing in the morning. Post-workout you can just take whey protein or eat normally.
>>
>>36885928
Appreciate your help, thanks. I think I will stick to db bench press and weighted dips now, and see about acquiring power rack later.
I dont see any Rippetoe video on DB press on YT, only one on racking dumbbels. Is there one specifically about db bench press?
>>
>>36886147
Calculate what you're actually eating everyday.
Don't forget to count anything.
You'll be surprised at how calorie dense shitty food is.
>>
>>36886202
There is, I'll pull it up in a second.
>>
>>36886147
Just about everyone is wrong when estimating how much they're eating.
>>
>>36886249
>>36886275
Alright I'll re-adjust my diet.

So if my TDEE is roughly 2,500 I should aim for 2000 a day? Or could I go less and still be fine?
>>
>>36886297
The rule is -500 for 1lb per week. Perfectly Healthy

-1000 for 2lb per week. Pretty Healthy.

-1000+ is pushing it. Drink lots of water. That's pretty much the general tipping point where you're flirting with trouble.
>>
>>36886297
Just make sure you get a lot of protein so you don't lose too much of your gainz. Its one thing to lose the fat but you don't want to lose muscle with it.
>>
File: 1452963981826.jpg (152KB, 468x484px) Image search: [Google]
1452963981826.jpg
152KB, 468x484px
>>36886202
>>36886269
Now that I think about it, he's only really talked about it at this point in that video, https://youtu.be/V7pVtXPYtGM?t=13m9s

But this should help a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmB1G1K7v94
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 228x288px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 228x288px
i've been doing this routine for a while and I want you guys to tell me if i'm fucked or on the right track.

Mon
Arnold press 3x8
Rear delt raise 3x10
seated OHP 3x8
front side raises (superset) 3x12

Tues
Deadlift 2x6
dumbell rows 3x12
lat pulldown 3x12
shrugs 2xfailure

wed
flat bench 4x8
incline flies 3x12
incline bench 3x8

thurs

squats 4x8
lunges 2x(gym track)
calf raises 3x20
leg press 3x12

fri

cable curls & tricep push down 3x12 (superset)
bb curl 3x10
skullcrushers 3x10
hammer curl 3x10
tricep dips 4x15
forearm roller up and down until failure

sat & sun
rest
>>
>>36886363
Thanks, even though I already ve seen both.
>>
Is there a serious correlation between bodyfat and test levels or it's just a minor difference?
>>
>>36878206
Question about calculators like Scooby's TDEE... what do I choose for the activity level if I'm on SS? Light 1-3hrs/week?
>>
>>36886371
are you on gear?
>>
Why isn't possible to gain muscle while on a calorie deficit?
If I'm eating at deficit while training, and if I'm only eating at deficit will there truly be no difference?
I don't get it
>>
How to warm up properly?
>>
It took me 5 months to bench 1 plate.
Do I have some form of genetic defect?
>>
>>36886564
Also regarding db bench press: whats Scoobie's problem with that lift? He claims that it is better to do it on the floor. It sounds rather bizarre, since it's first time I ve ever heard about something like this. Scooby, they say you lurk in QTDTOT threads, pls respond.
>>
i know giving advice without people asking for help is frowned upon, but today i saw a boy rotating his torso when squatting so much that i noticed from across the room

i taught him how to tighten his back and do more stretching his pelvic

how often do you give people advise?
>>
>>36886806
you have really bad form and eating air instead of food
>>
>>36886371
this is retarded if youre not on roids
>>
>>36886764
Deficit with no training = more muscle lost. Exercise is done to preserve mass, not build it, during a cut.
>>
>>36886733
Don't worry about it too much.
Lifting generally burns 200-300c a training day, from what I remember.
>>
Has anyone here ever pulled the side of their neck? Why does it take so long to heal? Is it normal for that type of injury to pull on the rotator cuff muscles?
>>
>>36886918
Never. If I saw someone in my gym, I'd probably shoot them. Because garage gym. Fuck people.
>>
>>36886944
I dunno. I've gained 30lbs and am 16% bf since I started. The only thing anyone's said about form was my leg positioning.
>>
>>36887063
do you pull your shoulders back or do you push/extend them at top of lift
>>
>>36886982
Not even close, baybeee.

You MIGHT burn ~80 calories on a leg day.
>>
>>36887080
I try and keep my shoulder blades pinched together.
>>
>>36887081
>http://www.health.harvard.edu/diet-and-weight-loss/calories-burned-in-30-minutes-of-leisure-and-routine-activities

>see "Weight Lifting: vigorous"
I lost my bookmark that explained how to guess what you're burning while lifting.
>>
>>36887133
that would be my only answer

i dunno really whats wrong, i would say youre a hard gainer but just 1pl8 after 5 months is extreme, unless youre straight outta auschwitz
>>
>>36887189
The fucked up thing is its only my chest that's so weak, the rest of my lifts are good or decent. I've been doing Flyes as well, but I can only do 6 reps of 25.
>>
>>36887320
Have you tried dumbbell pressing?
Other rep ranges?
Dips and CGBP?
Micropl8s?
>>
Going to a gym with no resistance bands soon, and I want to still do facepulls.

Where can I buy some that won't break in two days?
http://us.myprotein.com/sports-equipment/myprotein-resistance-bands/10873315.html
These any good?
>>
>>36884763
fug probably too late of a reply but may as well. For triceps I really only do cable exercises: often pressdowns supersetted with overhead extensions (?) and then sometimes a pressdown dropset at the end. Shoulders I do arnold press (3x8) followed by either 3x8 side raises or front raises (I alternate). I do both triceps and shoulders on push days of which I have 2 a week.
>>
How do I know if a girl reaches orgasm?

pls halp
>>
>>36887061
you spelled I'm a NEET wrong
>>
New Years Resolutioner here. Made some progress but I've hit a wall recently. Been doing a modified version of SS, 3x5 for all lifts.

Squat has been stuck at 1.5pl8 for a few weeks now, bench stuck at 1pl8, can't do a pullup (have been doing weight assisted ones, but not making any progress). My deadlift is 2pl8 but I'm okay with that because I know I could go harder, I'm just making sure my form is good. OHP has been at 0.5pl8 for a few weeks as well.

I've just been eating whatever so far. So I'm guessing eating better and actually counting calories and all that is the way forward from here?
>>
>>36887743
Nutrition is paramount to your gainz. And yes, count your fucking calories. And be conscious of your protein uptake. FFS man.
>>
If I'm jogging after lifting, should I eat some protein (like a protein bar) after lifting but before jogging?

Scooby said so but I'm incredulous
>>
How come when I squat and dL I get terrible nausea and I feel like I'm gonna projectile vomit?
>>
Cheapest way to get fit and look like a part 4 onwards jojo character?
>>
Hey guys. Just got up to 3pl8 squats but now that I'm here I have an overwhelming urge to vomit when I'm done my session.

>typing this Q while holding back heaves
>>
What are the advantages of increasing weight in each set / changing number of reps? I've been doing the same weight for sets of three and adding 5 lbs if I can do it.
>>
>>36880303
so dont take the vitamins then?
or take them with veggies?
>>
>>36888216
Bumping this I'm about to hit the gym
>>
>>36888234
Bump
>>
Thread is dead new one when
>>
What are circuits and should I be doing them?
>>
I just caught a cold. Lifting while sick, y/n?
>>
>>36888625
Are you sneezing all over the place or just sniffling? Lifting while having a cold feels awesome (unless you feel completely fucked up) but spreading it is a dick move
>>
How long will it take to notice results from lifting?

Heres some background from why im asking

I'm a skeleton and i lifted last semester very often but i wasn't eating enough so my lifts went up only like 15 pounds in a whole semester and although I gained 10 lbs i saw no visible results in my body changing.

I'm going to try again this summer (it's finals week) and try to eat more and I just want to know how long it would take until i should expect something to start happening.
>>
>>36888649
I just caught it, so I've got a low fever and in a few hours I'll have a sore throat, that's how it always goes.
>>
>>36888658
Try it out then, I usually get a great boost of energy from doing it
>>
>>36878206
I've been eating 500-750 calories above my TDEE for the past few weeks and haven't been gaining weight. How?
>>
>>36888625
Yeah. Wear a mask if you have them though.
>>
File: 1461247122442.jpg (342KB, 1191x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1461247122442.jpg
342KB, 1191x1200px
Is it fine to eat/include oatmeal for dinner few hours before bed?

I know they're 'complex' carbs, but really I don't have anything else other than chicken breast on stove and protein powder, celery and carrots
>>
Lads what's the difference between my PR and my working set. Doing SS and I just got to 100kg and that's my best desu, I add 2.5kg every workout
>>
File: IRgsS2G.jpg (28KB, 167x508px) Image search: [Google]
IRgsS2G.jpg
28KB, 167x508px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM0ueH2fvlo

can i get a form check? i feel like my form is so fucking shit.
>>
>>36889444
When you reach the top don't just smash it back down. Lean back and pull while not moving it forward anymore. Watch Rippetoes video.
>>
>>36889522
I was doing a type of speed variation.

You don't see anything wrong with the initial pull?
Thanks for the reply.
>>
File: image_0.png (11KB, 273x184px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.png
11KB, 273x184px
>>36889537
Nope looks fine desu, no worries lad. You're gonna make it.
>>
>>36889563
cool, thanks again man.
>>
>>36888896
You're overthinking it. It's fine.
>>
is it better to drink coffee after or before a workout? I'm talking about anaerobic workout.
>>
>>36889444
Bar is far out in front of you. Might be harder at slower weights
>>
>>36889192
Lads fucking help me
>>
>>36888807
Then you're not eating above your TDEE
>>36888216
It's a good idea but not 100% necessary. If you haven't eaten a lot of protein yet that day I'd recommend it
>>
>>36889601
Thanks mang, I'll remember that my next session.
>>
>>36889619
Do you not know what PR stands for? It's the best you ever done.
>>36888243
>>36888226
Do cardio ever
>>36886965
Fucking DYELs lel
>>36886371
Read SS
then do SS
Then do PPLx2
>>
>>36889660
But but I hit a pr every workout
>>
>>36889667
Then everytime you hit one it's a PR
this is still how PRs work.
>>
I tried doing Scooby's learning your first pull up. First session went fine but now I can barely extend my right arm and it hurts like shit when I try, been like that for the past few days too.
Is this normal/what should I do?
>>
what does 80 lb db chest press translate to in terms of bench press? the place im at only has dumbbells and im curious
>>
>>36889790
Around 180, I think.
I forget the percentage.
>>
How do I get big quads?
>>
>>36889684
Mine was like this when I went from almost nothing heaps of reps of bicep curls for some retarted reason. I spoke to a doctor I knew and basically..
If you can fully extend your arm (despite the pain) then it is very likely it is just really bad DOMS. Mine lasted for about 3-4 days I think. Give it a bit more time and if it's still bad after a week see a doctor in my opinion
>>
>>36889990
like this
>>
>>36889790
A good rule of thumb is to double the weight of the dumbbell then add the bar. So 180 sounds about right
>>
File: 1461117721169.jpg (585KB, 654x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1461117721169.jpg
585KB, 654x1024px
>>36890001
Could have been amazing
>>
What does DYEL mean? I see it alot here and no clue what it means.
>>
>>36890054
Do You Even Lift
>>
I usually take my protein blended with ice and coffee, but I have some left over ice cream in the freezer and now I kind of want to make a milkshake

how do I make a protein milkshake /fit/
>>
>>36890001

so close brah
>>
>>36890059
Thanks! :-D
>>
File: IMG_20160422_115718.jpg (958KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160422_115718.jpg
958KB, 3264x2448px
r8 my meal
>>
>>36890061
Put a cup of icecream, 2 scoops of whey and a cup of milk in the blender.
Dingus.
>>
>>36890096
>shit rice and shit condiment.
Decent chicken, and great greens.
Get basmati rice.
>>
>>36890098
Oh so you do put milk in a milkshake

I wasn't sure

That makes sense
>>
>>36889684
Scooby's advice about walking the plank i.e. do pullups eccentrics is only suitable for people with low bodyweight, short stature and/or considerable strength (like you can row at least 75% your bodyweight). If not, is very easy to create overuse injuries in any part of the musculature and connective tissue used during pullups because it puts a lot of strain on said structures.

For example: if you are a dude who is 6'3'', weight 200 pounds and are a complete newbie to lifting, you shouldnt do pullup eccentrics as the load would be far too much for your tissues to adapt correctly.

The safe way to approcah pullups (as anything really) is by progresive overload, wait until you can row near your bodyweight, then start doing chinups eccentrics, once you can do chinups, only then start doing pullups eccentrics.
>>
>>36890105
Would get basmati if I could man. This is what I can scrape together from the all you can eat buffet at my uni

Also barbecue sauce is god-tier
>>
Got an x-ray next week looking for ankylosing spondylitis.

Any doctorbros around?
>>
>>36890112
That's barbeque?
Looked like ketchup.
>>
>>36886363
Kek at that pic.

Who makes this shit?
>>
>>36887465
bump
>>
Whats up with SARMs????
>>
File: 1447740602139.jpg (155KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1447740602139.jpg
155KB, 720x960px
>>36890236
>>
File: fuark my hip.png (196KB, 514x344px) Image search: [Google]
fuark my hip.png
196KB, 514x344px
Help my /fit/. When I squat, this part hurts.
I've taken my form from Riptoe's various squat instruction videos on youtube.
I'm only squating 50 lbs.
What should I do?
>>
>>36890286
Warm up properly with bodyweight squats
>>
>>36890302
I do though.
I do 10 mins of light cardio. Then 1 set of 5 bodyweight, then the bar, then half weight, then full.
>>
>>36890286
You should probably keep squating
Also, maybe pick up Deadlifts, Good Mornings, or maybe yoga poses to help your hip mobility.
Also ALA or Fish Oil can help lubricate your joints if your diet is out of balance.
>>
>>36890286
had the same problem
make sure not to have your knees cave in
also make sure your feet aren't too wide apart
I squat with my heels right under my shoulders and it works fine

stretch more with the asian/3rd world/baby squat to open up your hips a bit more
>>
>>36890111
>low bodyweight, short stature
5'6, 51kg. Recovering spook.
Should I wait till the DOMS is gone or just work my way through? I had a similar thing happen when I began running (calfs hurt like a mofo, was limping for days) but I stuck with my running schedule and it was gone shortly after
>>
What ratio should I divide my macros into when cutting? 40 : 40 : 20 P/C/F or 30 : 50 : 20?
>>
>>36889621
im 5'9" and 145 lbs @ 17%. i don't do cardio or lift and ive been eating 2700-3000 cals a day for two weeks just to see how quickly I gain weight. my tdee should be about 2000 cal per day per multiple calculators.
>>
>>36890504
Work through DOMS.
>>
How to warm up properly?
>>
In a push/pull routine how many exercises should there be per day?
>>
>>36890853
do a couple sets on your way up to your working weight
you can also go to /owg/ and look at their warm ups
>>
>>36887613
She stops fighting
>>
I can't pull my elbows down under the bar when I squat. If I try it does the opposite of helping with my tightness. How do I get this shit sorted?
>>
Not sure what to do.

My gym bro i have trained with from the start decided to stop.

He started to go the gym less and grow a ISIS goatfucker beard. And yesterday i heard from somebody else that he is probably going to quit.

What to do bro's?

All my other friends who go to the gym have gym bro's. Got my feelings mixed up about this shit.
>>
>>36891629
Just keep going, who cares what he does? You can't stop him either, let him fall behind if he has decided to.
>>
Ever since i made my tinder acc I'm just constantly nervous because of the female attention I get.

Any way to get rid of nerves? It's causing me ocasional nausea & I've lost a lot of apetite & whilist I am clean cutting this is the last thing I need.
>>
doing ppl atm
on monday i do:
flat bench 3x8-10
incline bench 3x8-10
shoulder press 3x8-10
2 tricep exercises

my chest didn't grow a lot in the last 3 months and especially the lower chest didn't grow. my question is: should i replace flat bench press with decline bench press or do both? or should i do 1 set flat, 1 decline and 1 flat again?
>>
what routine is the best for going gym 5-6x a week? doing PPLPPLx since a few weeks but everyone tells me it's to much? i like going to the gym so i want to go at least 5-6x a week
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.