[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, so I hurt my lower back and the doctor ordered rest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Hey /fit/, so I hurt my lower back and the doctor ordered rest from everything involving back exercises for 2 months, what can I do in the meantime? Been trying all cardio workouts, but frankly they bore me and don't find much fun in it

Besides, I don't want to lose that much muscle mass and be that skinny
>>
well your fucked thanks for having this talk
>>
>actually listening to doctors
>>
you can do some isolations
>>
>>36865373
I'm thinking I just might do this, but my back muscles are gonna look uneven as fuck with the rest of my body
>>
>>36865387
if it's lower back you can probably do lat pull downs and stuff
>>
Hey man, I finally just recovered from this myself. It sucks not being able to go ham, but take this as a moment to increase your flexibility.
Do yoga and stretching videos all over YouTube.

Here is one I like:

https :// youtu. be/4BOTvaRaDjI
>>
>>36865391
>if it's your lower back you can probably do lat pull downs

this is why you don't take advice from here.

Bro, take the 2 months off. You aren't going to magically lose all your gains. Do cardio, light pushups and see what you can do without ANY pain.. if you have any pain, just stop. Seriously. Lower back pain for your entire life is not worth just 2 months of working out
>>
>>36865409
well if it hurt then i would expect him to not fucking do it

i've had lower back soreness and done pull downs and stuff no problem
>>
>>36865404
why the fuck did you space out a youtube link? otherwise good advice
>>
>>36865409
this, do light exercises but dont exert yourself. Lower back pain and back injuries in general are a bitch and last forever
>>
>>36865409
/thread

Take it from a guy who broke his spine in high school and also had a double pars defect

Don't fuck around with back shit.
>>
>>36865409
I know, probably gonna just hit yoga and some similar stuff, I really wouldn't consider quitting hitting the weights, but the day I knew I had problems I couldn't even bend myself without intense pain
>>
>>36865416
Do you know what a fucking LAT is bro? It's literally a muscle of the lower back. Why the fuck would you suggest a lower back exercise to somebody that's been diagnosed with lower back pain
>>
Bodyweight exercises after a recovery process. While you're injured walking and non aggressive strecthing. So the bodyweight exercises that helped strengthen my lower back were superman extensions, goodmorings, single leg toe touch(aka single leg deadlift), planks, push ups,squats,lunges, and chinup bar hangs. Go slow pretend it's the first workout of your life;progress slowly. You may want to see a physical therapist if your doc advises it.
>>
>>36865355
Dr. Sarno's books saved my fucking life. I've been free of a bad back for over two years now. Lifting hundreds of pounds again. Each time my back flairs up (very rare, and just a twinge), I just focus on everything that's bothering me in life and use reminders that the pain is psycho-somatic.

http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Back-Pain-Mind-Body-Connection/dp/0446557684%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-ffsb-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3D0446557684

MRIs always show back issues even in people without any pain. Sometimes so bad that if they did present with pain to surgeons, they'd suggest a discectomy.
>>
>>36865355
I got a mechanical sprain in my lower back once, was pretty shit. Didn't go to anyone for it though, after about 3 weeks I was able to squat without it acting up and 6 weeks I was back to deadlifting. I could bench and do any upper body stuff including back stuff like seated rows. Just don't do deadlifts for a while and you will be fine.
>>
>>36865427
>the lat muscle which extends the upper arm involves movement in the lumbar spine
kek
>>
>>36865404
https://youtu.be/4BOTvaRaDjI
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.