[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much protein do we need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: fuckhumanity.png (1MB, 996x603px) Image search: [Google]
fuckhumanity.png
1MB, 996x603px
Dear /fit/,

The sticky tells to get about 1g of protein per pound is this actually true? I have tried do some research but a lot of sources tell me you don't need that much. What do you guys think?

Pic unrelated
>>
1g/lb is a good guideline, if you can't manage you won't make it.
>>
Why risk taking less?
>>
>>36843831
it's 1g/lb of lean body mass
>>
The sticky is complete bullshit when it comes to the nutricial stuff. Take like 0.8 max. Should be plenty.
>>
>>36843882
Is there a reliable way to calculate lean body mass without water displacement?
>>
>>36843875

What happens if you get a few grams less protein than the max you would need?
>>
>>36843929
Lose all your gains
>>
>>36843831

1g/kg of LBM

Youre all fucking retarded
>>
>>36844101
>t. skinnyfat vegan
>>
I don't know what to believe anymore
>>
>>36844203
Who do you want to believe, the skinnyfat vegans who tell you that you only need forty grams of protein a day so that you'll be more inclined to eat their cuck diet, or the huge ripped bodybuilders of the ages that have all eaten AT LEAST one gram of protein per pound of body weight? At worst, that extra protein will just be converted to glucose, so there's literally no reason to just hedge your bets and go with the vetted bodybuilding values. It's not that hard.
>>
Taking one gram per lb is a good way to get kidney failure
>>
At 6'2, and 180lbs, I consume 140-160g.
Works for me, I could probably go a bit lower, but who cares?
>>36843929
Nothing.
Just don't make a habit of it.
If you're struggling to reach your macros, try whey, or switching from something like rice as a carb source to black beans, lentils, quinoa and etc. Barley is pretty great too.

>>36844390
If you've got shit kidneys, sure.
Higher amounts certainly aren't great though.
>>
File: images__56_.jpg (21KB, 368x352px) Image search: [Google]
images__56_.jpg
21KB, 368x352px
>>36844130

>tfw 280lbs and falling

Im just regular fat nigga, but i still have some muscle left from hs football apparently, nobody belives me when i tell them my that. I just picked up a barbell for the first time in almost 10yrs and im throwing around 100lb bars and 40lb dbs on bench/ohp and curls. Gonna find out what i can dl and squat today after work.
>>
>>36843929
you poop out your muscles
>>
File: chen lauert.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
chen lauert.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
1 scoop/day for cutting or maintaining
2 scoops for cutting
*it doesn't matter what you ate today your body is not a car, it's all about averages
>>
>>36844130

Also, this.

http://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/how-much-protein-do-you-need-science-weighs-in
>>
>>36844518
>inb4
meant to say 1 scoop for BULKING/maintaining obviously
>>
http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>>
>>36843831
Just eat normally and supp with protein shake, it's cheap and easy, too much is better than too little
>1 scoop for cutting/maintenance
>2 scoops to make sure you gain
>4 scoops two or three times a day to leave humanity behind
>>
>>36844390
Do vegans ever feel shame about lying so much, or is it just instinctive?
>>
>>36844660
They don't know better.
It's close to a faith for some people.
Not bashing on veganism, I think it's great.

But people will always be pushy cunts with their beliefs and feelings.
>>
>tfw always too high in protein and too low in carbs
probably the reason i'm weak
>>
Can you snort protein powder for gains?
>>
>>36845558
U should inject. So gainz direct in muscles and no loss in stomach.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.