[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neck Training General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: GenericJOCK3.jpg (92KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
GenericJOCK3.jpg
92KB, 500x625px
Could this be a thing?

I tried neck bridges yesterday.

I didn't feel jack shit during the exercise, I felt more strain on my back than on my neck.

But this morning the back of my neck is sore.

Is this a good thing?
>>
File: 1420004573317.jpg (53KB, 570x881px) Image search: [Google]
1420004573317.jpg
53KB, 570x881px
>>36839449
Bump
>>
I do neckbridges and feel like they're working well, and I tie rope round a 5 kilo plate and do neck raises, other than that do a grappling sport
>>
>>36839626
Did you get a couple of inches in growth?
>>
Hey /fit/ i tried to exercise a part of my body yesterday and when I woke up today it was sore, but I don't think it did anything.

Jesus Christ I know some of you guys are new but put in some fucking effort.
>>
There's some debate about the safety of regular neck bridges so you might wanna look into that before you continue.

Alternatively you can buy a relatively cheap neck harness and a few plates and get a really good 4 way workout on your neck.

Been at it for a couple months (neck seems to grow very quickly) and my neck is considerably thicker which has had a really good impact on how I look overall.
The only downside is that having a thicker neck is sizing me out of all my work shirts.

Having my top button fastened feels like I'm being choked out.
>>
>>36840584
Sweet.

Any neck harness to recommend?
>>
what's wrong with just doing diddlys instead of potentially fucking your shit up doing neck bridges when you inevitably go too heavy? my neck has grown a good 1.5" or so in the past year from deads
>>
Also interested in this. I have a long thin neck and deadlifts and other lifts don't help.
I play rugby so would like to have a stronger neck.
>>36840584
What is your neck training schedule like? Sets and rep ranges wise?
>>
>>36840596

I just went on amazon and grabbed the one with the best reviews. RDX made it. I don't know if they're a good company or not but it's a simple piece of kit so not much to go wrong.

You could probably actually fabricate one very cheaply and I'm sure there are tutorials online somewhere for exactly that.

>>36840609

It's really simple. I do a 4 way workout so front-back, back-front, left-right, right-left. Google it for form it's pretty important to isolate your neck and not lift with your abs or upper body.

Reps I do 3 sets of 12 reps for each. I do it three times a week on my off days along with some wrist rolling and cardio.

Use lightweight to start with. It's a lot harder than you might think. Size and strength come on pretty quick.
>>
>>36839449
woo go razorbacks fuck yea
>>
>>36840639
Thanks. I will do that and throw in some static neck bridges. Working up to moving ones.
>>
>>36840666
These, my trips, have confirmed the Razorbacks as the team to watch in the 2016 season.
>>
>>36840666
I graduate from Arkansas next month. I think next season will be a terrible start but an incredible finish, much like every season recently.
also checked
>>
>>36840639
Thanks for the advice mate.
>>
>>36840603

Why not both?
>>
>>36840603
People who don't know about deadlifts think the same thing you think about neck exercises.

if done correctly, there is no risk of injuries. Ask wrestlers and american football players.
>>
>>36839449
Who's that guy?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.