[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fit/ First time posting here. Ive just been for a bike ride,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

Hi /fit/
First time posting here.
Ive just been for a bike ride, first time on a bike in some years, It was a dry run of my ride to work, approx 6 miles on moderately hilly terrain. I didnt make it...33 years old...and i couldnt ride 6 miles. Heres me:
33, reasonable diet, 6'2", 80Kg. Oh yeah and ive smoked 20 a day for the past 10 years, holy shit, the amount of green and brown shite that came out of my throat along this ride horrified me, ive been sat down at home for 20 minutes now and my chest is still on fire...i threw out my smokes...wtf was I thinking all this time?? Well...Ill keep trying for this ride to work...the money illl save on transport coupled with the money im gonna save on smokes is gonna add up to ovver £3k per year....and ill get /fit/.

Guess thats my post....im not asking for advice....kinda bloggy i guess....but kids, DONT FUCKING SMOKE YOU RETARDED SHITS
>>
>>36813852

>20 a day
oh my god
>>
>>36813852
Yeah stop smoking, people, you fucking stink even if you can't smell it due to your nose being non-functional.
>>
>>36813852
So you're saying we're not supposed to light up a bunch of chemicals on fire and then proceed to inhale them repeatedly throughout the day for years??? NO WAAAY MAN!
>>
>>36813951
Hey man tommy chong seems happy
>>
File: 1403102549001.png (483KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1403102549001.png
483KB, 600x600px
>Nicotine is frequently used for its performance-enhancing effects on cognition, alertness, and focus.[38] A meta-analysis of 41 double-blind, placebo-controlled studies concluded that nicotine or smoking had significant positive effects on aspects of fine motor abilities, alerting and orienting attention, and episodic and working memory.[39] A 2015 review noted that stimulation of the α4β2 nicotinic receptor is responsible for certain improvements in attentional performance;[40] among the nicotinic receptor subtypes, nicotine has the highest binding affinity at the α4β2 receptor (ki=1 nM), which is also the biological target that mediates nicotine's addictive properties.[41]
>>
>>36813874
A pack a day is actually on the low side for a lot of long time smokers. My mom was smoking 40 a day back when she was a nurse. A fucking nurse. Ruined her body pretty good.
>>
>>36813979
If you really must use nicotine for enhanced performance there are much better ways to do it than inhaling smoke and tearing up your lungs.
>>
>>36813979
The length that people will go to just to defend their addiction to inhaling poison is mind-boggling.
>>
>>36813852
To be honest mate, smoking isn't really that bad for your health. I mean it is for some people, but basically 99% of your health is determined by GENETICS.

George Burns smoked 300,000 CIGARS in his life.

THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND.

CIGARS.

He also drank a lot of alcohol.

HE LIVED TO 100.

THE GUY WAS A FUCKING CENTURY OLD.

And yet he did all the things we're told are bad. So how did he live so long?
>Oh! Oh! he must have drank loads of kale or did yoga or crossfi-
IT WAS HIS FUCKING GENETICS. That's why there are COUNTLESS teetollars who die early because they got fucked by genetics. As unfair and annoying as it is, health is pretty much determined ENTIRELY by genetics.

By all means stop smoking if you want to save money, but don't do it for health reasons because it won't make a difference. If you have alpha genetics, you'll be fine.
>>
>>36814030
Of course there are some exceptions. There are Chinese people who lived to be 115 and smoked like factory chimneys. That doesn't mean smoking is healthy.
>>
>>36814030
Don't bring your fucking "genetics" garbage into a discussion of general health. Keep your stupid meme in the "lifting for girls" threads where you're not hurting anyone, you subhuman piece of worthless gutter trash.
>>
>>36814030
I wouldn't wanna live to be a 100 years old if I constantly feel like shit from smoking.
>>
>>36814063
>you subhuman
Subhuman; definition:
>A term from Nazi racial ideology to denote those deemed to be genetically inferior
Fucking lmao, even when you try to insult him you just prove what he's saying is true.
>>
>>36814030
found the retard
>>
>>36814030
Are you suggesting that if id never smoked a cig in my life i woud still have been bringing up all this technicolor phlegm after a short bike ride??? are you really that stupid???
>>
>>36813852
>6 miles
>6'2"
> £3k

Why the fuck does the UK use Imperial?
>>
>>36814107
we use imperial and metric, it's weird.
>>
>>36814030
you do your cardio HARD while chad smokes CIGARS
>>
>>36814030
I would like to use a gamma scintillation detector to figure out which brands have not been made from tobacco plants fertilized with tailings from uranium mines.
>>
>>36813852
How fast were you going on this 6 mile ride anon?
Also, what do you consider moderately hilly terrain?
>>
>>36814292
I didnt make the full 6 miles, id estimate about 4 - 5 before I realised i barely had the strength to get home...whole ride took around an hour including me wheezing and spluttering for 10 minutes when id stopped. I rode back of course but i took it easy..as for how hilly...hmm..not sure how to describe it...about equal parts uphill, downhill and flat with the hillls being between 15 and 25 degrees...but...thats a guess more than anything.
>>
>>36814671
That's really worrying then, especially if there were no hills longer than a couple hundred metres.

Good on you for quitting anon.
>>
>>36814107
where do you think it came from?
>>
>>36814722
its made me realise how unfit i am, particularly my lungs...havent had a cig since before i set off...thrown out the pack i had.
>>
>>36814030
>HEIGHT FACE FRAME
>>
>>36814030
That is very very rare. That's like selling your house and buying lottery tickets with it because you read the news that some sap won the mega millions. It's not a fuckin plan for life.
>>
>>36813852
quit smoking 2 weeks ago. Enjoying the dollarz gainz so far.
>>
>>36815113
how long did you smoke and how many? How do you cope with the craving? Is it ok to stab kittens?
>>
>>36813852
I vape
>>
https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=allen+carr+easyway+pdf
>>
>>36816407
This.

The day i started vaping I didn't feel the urge to light up. The problem is that I'm still addicted and if I don't vape I want to smoke again, but vaping beats smoking. If you vape high nicotine % you just don't get cravings at all.
>>
>>36816791
samefag. I also smoked for 10 years since I was 12 and vaping made me quit smoking the same day
>>
>>36816791
>>36816801

Vaping also makes you look like an absolute tool, atleast smokers can pull off the 'edgy' look whilst inhaling something pointlessly
>>
>>36816893

I don't vape in public.
>>
>>36813874
that's pretty normal, I used to smoke pack, sometimes pack and a half a day for like 8 years... now it's 5th year I quit and it's fuckin grand!
>>
Guys guys guys
I like to smoke 1 a day sometimes, how bad is it for my stamina and general health?
>inb4 you will up your intake
I am really disciplined when it comes to cigs
>>
File: smoking acceptance.jpg (39KB, 509x194px) Image search: [Google]
smoking acceptance.jpg
39KB, 509x194px
>>36813852
Stop smoke-shaming OP. Smoking is perfectly healthy and normal, and smokers can be very sexy.
>DONT FUCKING SMOKE
ummmmm like did it ever occur to you that some people don't have a choice? Some of us have genetic conditions that force us to smoke. And some people are too poor to afford to quit smoking. You probably take it for granted being able to afford not smoking, but check your privilege because not everybody is so lucky.

This is why I need smoking acceptance. Smokers are underrepresented in our media, we need more models who smoke and more smokers in movies and on TV. It's especially important to have children exposed to smokers, so they can learn from a young age that there's nothing wrong with smoking
>>
>>36816976
I've been smoking 6-7 cigarettes a day for about 2 years. I'm 20 now and I've stopped smoking many times for 2-3 weeks or more in these 2 years. Last summer I didn't light one cigarette for, that's 3 and a half months. I didn't even feel the urge to. I pretty much only smoke for societal reasons. At home I smoke 1 maybe 2 through the day. That's it.

I believe I have it under control, but just for the fuck of it I'm going to quit cigarettes and I'm going to get a pipe and smoke that instead from time to time.

Sure, there are many various negative sides to smoking tobacco, but people tend to forget the positives. Tobacco is good shit when taken casually and not compulsively. Basically, you can smoke and see no adverse effects if you don't smoke too much, which is like a pac or two packs a day. Matter of fact, I get that gooey shit in my wind pipe from smoking half-a-pack, while I don't notice any such thing from rolling tobacco.
If you want to smoke, or need to smoke, roll your own cigarettes, store bought shit contains all kinds of additives.
>>
>>36813852
I'm confused.
Did you have a question or a point?
Where is the subscribe button for your blog?
>>
>>36813979

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/peppers-and-parkinsons-the-benefits-of-smoking-without-the-risks/
>>
File: 1460466852705.jpg (462KB, 1569x2023px)
1460466852705.jpg
462KB, 1569x2023px
>>36813852
I smoke because my mother is a schizophrenic and I read a few studies about nicotine/smoking reducing your risk, also I have an oral fixation. I bought my first pack three months ago. Girls say I look cool and I feel slightly more mentally stable and it gives me an excuse to go out on the porch. Depending on how much stress I'm under I'll smoke a pack every couple of weeks and some days I just won't smoke and never really feel the need to.

I look at this way; if I don't smoke, I might go crazy, in which case I'd just kill myself to not put myself and my loved ones through that, if I continue to smoke, I may die, but at least I won't go crazy.

Thoughts, /fit/?
>>
>>36817280

>>36818187
here

I, too, smoke unfiltered and dislike smoking other types of cigarettes. I've been thinking about rolling my own.
>>
>>36818210
Rolling was a big game changer for me. It's cheaper than cigarettes, doesn't make me cough or create that goo in my windpipe. It also takes time to roll and to learn how to and learning a new skill with your fingers is pretty cool.
>>
>>36818451
ps
>>36818187
Since it seems you don't really want to or need to smoke a lot, you could just get a pipe and smoke that every day. It's even better than cigarettes or rolling. Get some pipe tobacco (it's cut to in little leaves instead of stripes). Pipe smoking is very relaxing and it takes a while to smoke a pipe-full, it takes at least a whole hour, depending on how big the pipe is or how much you fill it up.

That gives you the excuse to sit at the porch in evening for an hour or two to just sit, relax and think which probably helps with schizo, as well.
>>
>>36813852
So basically anywhere from 1 to 9 weeks after quitting you're good as new? Everything after that is just reduced risks of cancer that happen so randomly anyway, you could smoke your entire life and not get shit while all your non smoking friends die of various cancers at 30. I guess smoking isn't as bad as the media make it out to be.
>>
>>36818187
>also I have an oral fixation

not a thing

check yourself before you wreck yourself
>>
Smoking gave me a low grade throat infection that still hasn't completely cleared up, 5 months after quitting. During the first two months I would have coughing fits during the night that woke me up, because my body was trying to expel all the vile shit coating my lungs.

Smoking definitely isn't worth it.
>>
>>36813987
>nurse
>smoking
Nothing new. I used to be on shift work, and I went from four or five cigarettes a week to smoking every time I got a break at work.

>>36814030
This. It's exactly the same as being fat, it's just my genetics. :^)
>>
>>36813979
Just vape then.
>>
>>36814030
>anecdotal evidence
Oh well I guess all those peer reviewed studies were wrong.
>>
>>36813852
>tfw I go for 60-70 mile rides and only stop for a breather and a water refill once around 40 miles in.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.