[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RDL vs. Good Morning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Which one is best specifically for strengthening the Erector spinae muscles
>>
God who fucing knows. I'd assume the one where you hold the barbell.
>>
>>36764177
Heavy squats and deadlifts.
Front squats for upper back.
Heavy SLDLs.

RDL and GM are about the same for spinal erector development.
>>
neither

hyperextensions
>>
>>36764198
>hyperextensions

kek enjoy slipped disc goals/2016
>>
the exercises work most muscles the same (except for grip muscles etc. from bar position) as far as glutes and hamstrings and eretors.

However, as the other anon said, hyperextensions are a better erector iso exercse. However you really don't need one unless your lower back is really weak. They should get pleant of work from squats and deadlifts.

If you high bar, however, I would say immediately start doing either good mornings or RDLs for your posterior chain. I didn't. and wish I had.
>>
>>36764234
good meme
>>
>>36764241
>However you really don't need one
do you even want big erectors m8?

pic related
>>
>>36764304
oly lifters have big erectors because of all the front squats/cleans and pulls they do, not because they do hyperextensions, kek.
>>
>>36764317
do you even wl

dont think you do, you wont get erectors as big as that guy from doing just fsq and cleans
>>
File: 001[1].jpg (210KB, 540x895px) Image search: [Google]
001[1].jpg
210KB, 540x895px
>>36764317
Why do you talk about things you know nothing about?

>After several months of unsuccessfully experimenting with high pulls, good mornings, deadlifts and the like, United States and Pan American heavyweight champion Gary Deal returned from the World Championships. After talking with him at length, it became apparent that the Soviet team was doing a large amount of hyperextensions with heavy weights. A couple of months of experimenting with hyperextensions has given me enough proof to say that this is THE BEST exercise for super-thick erector development.
>>
>>36764366
no shit, they roid ofcourse

>>36764367
if they didn't do them, they'd still have big erectors m8
>>
>>36764367
how can a oly wl have such massive back, but a almost flat ass?
>>
>>36764419
angle and posture
>>
>>36764409
you have to be trolling
>>
>>36765748
yeah bro, everyone with an opinion different than yours has to be trolling...
great attitude
>>
>>36764177
I don't worry about this.

>low bar master race
>>
>>36765824
>low bar squat

kek enjoy slipped disc goals/2016
>>
>>36764367
I can concur, I LOVE these. Ill do em with anywhere from a barbell for reps to 60kg to 6-8
>>
>>36764177
Snatch Grip Deadlifts are literally the endgame of posterior chain development, no that it has anything to do with your question though.
>>
>>36764177
I like RDLs more simply for more grip work and upper back work too, usually try and do RDLs with a wider grip than normal deadlifts. It also doesn't need a squat rack which can be nice if you're in a busy gym, but it's an assist movement so i don't think it'll impact results in any significant way either way.
>>
>>36766745
what about snatch grip romanian deadlifts?
>>
>>36764304
Holy shit
This is a terrible case of kyphosis, right?
It can't be his erectors, right?
>>
>>36766802
ca$h
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.